Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Lease Negotiation Confusion

itsmnelsonitsmnelson Member Posts: 14
edited February 2021 in Volkswagen
I've been testing the waters around me for either a lease of a new 2021 VW Tiguan SE R-Line Black or 2021 VW Atlas SE w/ Tech R-Line. I'm obviously trying to get the best deal I can but it's a tall order to try and sort all the offers. Is there a place I can go that will provide some clarity as to what offers should be combinable? Currently in my market according to one of the Mods the MF on a Tiguan is .00015 and .00101 on Atlas for Tier 1. When I got quotes on some leases the numbers didn't seem to add up so I did the math and found out they inflated the MF but said that's because in order to qualify for the better incentives I have to forfeit the better MF offered by VW. If I opted to forego the incentives and receive the proper MF the lease payment would actually be higher.

To further muddy the waters -- the regional and national incentives I see for these vehicles is pretty simple -- 0 offers for Tiguan and $750 lease cash for Atlas according to Mod and an additional $500 for Atlas lease for Presidents Day. The Sales Manager I spoke with about the offer said that the lease he structured included more incentives in the offer than the previously mentioned, but I' curious where he's getting these from? I see no offers anywhere on the VW site, dealer site, etc about dealer cash or lease cash he's mentioning. How is the consumer supposed to know what can and cannot be stacked? It's all very confusing since most the fine print from VW or other manufacturers typically just states that to receive the best offers you must qualify for Tier 1 or sometimes on the dealer cash offers I've noticed a mention of it not being applicable to special lease or financing offers.

Is there somewhere on these forums or elsewhere I can find data for previously closed deals on these vehicles to see how my proposed offer compares?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

I've been testing the waters around me for either a lease of a new 2021 VW Tiguan SE R-Line Black or 2021 VW Atlas SE w/ Tech R-Line. I'm obviously trying to get the best deal I can but it's a tall order to try and sort all the offers. Is there a place I can go that will provide some clarity as to what offers should be combinable? Currently in my market according to one of the Mods the MF on a Tiguan is .00015 and .00101 on Atlas for Tier 1. When I got quotes on some leases the numbers didn't seem to add up so I did the math and found out they inflated the MF but said that's because in order to qualify for the better incentives I have to forfeit the better MF offered by VW. If I opted to forego the incentives and receive the proper MF the lease payment would actually be higher.

To further muddy the waters -- the regional and national incentives I see for these vehicles is pretty simple -- 0 offers for Tiguan and $750 lease cash for Atlas according to Mod and an additional $500 for Atlas lease for Presidents Day. The Sales Manager I spoke with about the offer said that the lease he structured included more incentives in the offer than the previously mentioned, but I' curious where he's getting these from? I see no offers anywhere on the VW site, dealer site, etc about dealer cash or lease cash he's mentioning. How is the consumer supposed to know what can and cannot be stacked? It's all very confusing since most the fine print from VW or other manufacturers typically just states that to receive the best offers you must qualify for Tier 1 or sometimes on the dealer cash offers I've noticed a mention of it not being applicable to special lease or financing offers.

Is there somewhere on these forums or elsewhere I can find data for previously closed deals on these vehicles to see how my proposed offer compares?

If they use the standard MF, then they can use purchase incentives, which might be higher.
    In any case, these incentives are VW to dealer, so you won't actually see them in your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator