Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Palisade - better to buy?

Rxy007Rxy007 Member Posts: 2
edited June 2021 in Hyundai

State - NJ

Let's face it, Hyundai Palisade is one of the hottest cars right now.

I have been getting lease quotes for 36/10 and even with very popular Leasehackr brokers, it's coming out to be even more expensive per month and overall cost than cars like Volvo XC 90 and Audi Q7, which are MSRP in low to mid 60 k, as compared to Palisade which is 46-48 k.

Which makes me wonder...... I know people are very pro leasing here, but with Zero percent for 48 months financing, is it better to buy and hold this car?

Semiconductors shortage is not getting better anytime soon and even if it gets better, the artificial inflammation in car market is not going away until the bubble bursts.

Please advice. Thanks.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    Rxy007 said:

State - NJ

Let's face it, Hyundai Palisade is one of the hottest cars right now.

I have been getting lease quotes for 36/10 and even with very popular Leasehackr brokers, it's coming out to be even more expensive per month and overall cost than cars like Volvo XC 90 and Audi Q7, which are MSRP in low to mid 60 k, as compared to Palisade which is 46-48 k.

Which makes me wonder...... I know people are very pro leasing here, but with Zero percent for 48 months financing, is it better to buy and hold this car?

Semiconductors shortage is not getting better anytime soon and even if it gets better, the artificial inflammation in car market is not going away until the bubble bursts.

Please advice. Thanks.

With the long warranty, I don't see any reason why a purchase is a bad idea.

And, if they are offering free money to loan you, so much the better!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• AlexywaskoAlexywasko Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2023
    The Hyundai Palisade is indeed a hot car right now, but it's important to consider all the costs when deciding whether to lease or buy. With the semiconductor shortage and inflated car market, buying and holding might be a good option. You can take advantage of the zero percent financing for 48 months and potentially save money in the long run. And if you're looking for other car options, check out the Nissan Silvia here at: https://www.jdmbuysell.com/buying-guide/nissan-silvia/. It's a popular choice for car enthusiasts, and our buying guide can help you make an informed decision. Good luck with your car search!