Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New Volvo S60 Purchase - 2019 Model

harrychchoiharrychchoi Member Posts: 3
edited July 2021 in Volvo
Hi all, I am looking into purchasing a new Volvo S60 that is a leftover from the 2019 model. The MSRP is $46,565, but the dealer is offering to sell it for $37000, suggesting that it has a CPO warranty of $1500 at no extra cost. Even though the vehicle is technically "new," I think the selling price should be much lower than what he is asking for. Might you have any opinions on the price? If he is indeed calling a higher number than what it deserves, what would be a more reasonable estimate? Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153

Hi all, I am looking into purchasing a new Volvo S60 that is a leftover from the 2019 model. The MSRP is $46,565, but the dealer is offering to sell it for $37000, suggesting that it has a CPO warranty of $1500 at no extra cost. Even though the vehicle is technically "new," I think the selling price should be much lower than what he is asking for. Might you have any opinions on the price? If he is indeed calling a higher number than what it deserves, what would be a more reasonable estimate? Thanks!

I would worry about the in-service date of the vehicle. The CPO warranty could be masking that the original warranty has already been running for two years.

Compare the price to other used car examples. That's the best comparison. If it's a 2019, it may be low miles, but add no value to the fact that it is "new".

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator