Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buying a car with a credit card

mohammadmoghimimohammadmoghimi Member Posts: 1
edited July 2021 in Chevrolet
Are there any dealers who accept payment with a credit card? I'm willing to offset the transaction fees. Are there dealers who do it? Traverse is my current choice. I can potentially buy other good size 3-row SUVs. I currently live in WA but I'm ok with buying from anywhere on the west coast or close distance.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,196

Are there any dealers who accept payment with a credit card? I'm willing to offset the transaction fees. Are there dealers who do it? Traverse is my current choice. I can potentially buy other good size 3-row SUVs. I currently live in WA but I'm ok with buying from anywhere on the website or close distance.

Many dealers have a max they will accept on a card ($2K, $5K, etc)

It's possible they won't take more, even if you offer to offset the fees. There could be fraud concerns.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,557
    I have seen the same thing. They all have relatively low caps. Never asked about paying extra though to cover fees.

I imagine they are concerned about someone immediately contesting the charge and leaving the dealer hung out to dry.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.