Options

Rim size options for winter tire set up?

BandR1BandR1 Member Posts: 9
edited October 2022 in Audi
I have a 2022 S5 Sportback Prestige with the summer tire set up from factory. Tire size is, 265/30 R20. Has anyone purchased a smaller rim for their winter set? I'd like to know if I can go down to an 18", and run Hakkapelitta R3's, as I have always had a great experience with those tires on my other Audi's. Afraid I may have to go down to a 19" rim, but would prefer the 18's. I like the Andros R9 rims as a winter set, machined light grey with accent, as they mirror a factory design. Just not sure if the wheel will line up with the bolts of the S5. Thanks for the input!

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,791
    BandR1 said:

I have a 2022 S5 Sportback Prestige with the summer tire set up from factory. Tire size is, 265/30 R20. Has anyone purchased a smaller rim for their winter set? I'd like to know if I can go down to an 18", and run Hakkapelitta R3's, as I have always had a great experience with those tires on my other Audi's. Afraid I may have to go down to a 19" rim, but would prefer the 18's. I like the Andros R9 rims as a winter set, machined light grey with accent, as they mirror a factory design. Just not sure if the wheel will line up with the bolts of the S5. Thanks for the input!

Check at tire rack - they have a good system that will tell you what will fit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4