Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda CX-9 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    nj2007nj2007 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

I just got the offer from the NJ dealer for cx-9 Touring AWD w/ moonroof option for the following :

10.5 K
    2500 down payment
    36 months
    54% residual

399/ month with tax.

does it a good deal ?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    tech_guytech_guy Member Posts: 2
    My local dealer just gave me the following rates which seem high compared to what I've been reading on this Forum. Can someone confirm what the ACTUAL Mazda Credit Buy Rates are as of TODAY?

I told her to assume 'A Credit' and here is what she gave me (as compared to what I've written down from reading this forum)

The money factor:
    24 months is .00078 (I've been seeing .00053)
    36 months is .00124 (I've been seeing .00115)

The Residual for 24 months:
    at 15K is 63% (I've been seeing 64%)
    at 12K is 65% (I've been seeing 67%)

The Residual for 36 months:
    at 15K is 52% (I've been seeing 54%)
    at 12K is 54% (I've been seeing 57%)

If someone can give me an update, that would be great. I suspect she's just negotiating but want to be sure before I push her on it. If anyone has a lead on August rates and the date they would change, that would be great too! I'm going to check other dealerships and make a deal this week - I've identified about a half dozen vehicles within 100 miles that I'm willing to buy.

Thanks!
  • Options
    tech_guytech_guy Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention: its a Grand Touring AWD. That makes a difference in the residuals. Thx again.
  • Options
    2tents2tents Member Posts: 1
    i got a price for 2007 cx-9 gt awd with assist moon roof roof rack wheel locks cargo net msrp 39xxx adj price 37222 24 month lease zero dwn 538 month i have national lease page from mazda announcement date 7/3/2007 show tier 1 .00028 65% residual 12000 miles and 66% 10500 good deal? blk cherry sand int in pa dealer says they set a trade to get it but still not there. what would the price be for 2008 and when are they available
  • Options
    malmskovmalmskov Member Posts: 4
    Anybody who has the latest numbers for August.

I am looking at a GT 07 to lease for 24 months with 15K yearly.
  • Options
    maradagmaradag Member Posts: 85
    Please, someone post August numbers so I have some leverage!!

AWD Touring. THANKS!!!
  • Options
    yyman1yyman1 Member Posts: 2
    All -

I really appreciate the information I've gathered on this forum. I just put a deposit down on a CX-9 Touring with Moonroof/Bose, auto dimming mirror and roof rack. The invoice price is $31,323. I don't know what the current money factor or residual is but the lease payment I negotiated is $415/month for 24 months. The only upfront cost is bank fee, registration and first month. The dealer said that is is $1000 under invoice.

Anyway - this is the deal. I know that its the end of the 2007's so they are looking to move the final two cars. What do you all think?

Thanks
  • Options
    Hard to tell just by the numbers you provided. If you really want to check your numbers, you should ask the dealer to provide you with the money factor and residual percentage they used to calculate your payment. You also need to know you're local tax rate and you need to know whether taxes are paid up front or if they can be rolled into the payment. Also, depending on your annual mileage allowance (10k, 12k or 15k) the residual % varies.

Once you get those numbers from the dealer plug them into the lease calc found at the site below and you'll have an idea of whether your numbers all match up.

Post #204 from July 23rd by tech-guy will give you an idea of where the money factors/residuals were (and might still be).

But, in my opinion, this sounds like a decent deal considering the MSRP of the car is around $34,500, the selling price should be $30,323 and there's no money down.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • Options
    I got this offer on a 08 Touring FWD with Touring assist, moonroof and sound and towing packages.
    Color: Sparkling Black

24 months lease with 15k yearly

MSRP: $37637.00
    Sales price: $34641.00
    Reisdual: 61 percent
    Money factor: .00059
    Registration fee: $290.00
    Down payment: $2500.00 (covering first month's payment and registration fee)

Monthly payment: $500.00

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    I got this offer on a 08 Touring FWD with Touring assist, moonroof and sound and towing packages.
    Color: Sparkling Black

24 months lease with 15k yearly

MSRP: $37637.00
    Sales price: $34641.00
    Reisdual: 61 percent
    Money factor: .00059
    Registration fee: $290.00
    Down payment: $2500.00 (covering first month's payment and registration fee)

Monthly payment: $500.00

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    64221306422130 Member Posts: 47
    I have seen a lot of promos for a 24 month lease. What are the residuals and money factors for 36 and 48 mo, 15K? Looking at fwd sport.
  • Options
    dag373dag373 Member Posts: 3
    On 8/31/07 I picked up an '07 Touring (Sparkling Black, Sand leather). Included the Moon/Bose package, rear view back up camera and tow package (didn't need but factory installed). Sticker was $36K and change. Walked away at $34,060 and a residual of $19,780 after a 36 month lease with 10.5k miles/yr.

$1500 down with a payment of $464/month. I was pleased with this deal.

There was only one '07 car with these specs left in NY/NJ/PA/CT. After a VERY bad dealer experinece (Schwartz) in NJ I was glad to drive up to Thomaston, CT to purchase. Whole trasaction was negotiated by phone. No hassle and honest. Couldn't ask for more.
  • Options
    64221306422130 Member Posts: 47
    Does anyone have residuals and money factors for 36 and 48 months, 12K. I'm in Philly area
  • Options
    vdesibratvdesibrat Member Posts: 2
    Hi I got a lease deal on mazda 08 cx9 GT AWD, nav,sunroof, 2TA,IMC PKG , dealer quoted me msrp $39570 and the neotiated price was 36700$ and he use the 500$ discount in that price.

For 36 months 12K miles lease payment with $1500 down is $533 is this a good deal? Pls help I want to pull trigger on this. What will be the reasonable deal? whats the mney factor, residual value for 2008 aug?? Pls help
  • Options
    vdesibratvdesibrat Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2008 CX 9 GT AWD NAV,Bose,Sunroof negotiated price 36,829 , msrp $39750 money factor .00117 and residual 55% 1000 down $533 property tax included.

what do you think? I think the rates should be same in philly??
  • Options
    I'm not sure how I feel about it yet and I'll tell you the details and explain about my uncertainty.
    Deal done in CT but I live in NY.

CX9 AWD Sport Liquid Platinum
    Moonroof/Bose package
    Roof Rack
    Wheel Locks
    8way pwr driver seat.

MSRP: $33,230 (destination incl)
    Purchase price: $31585 (destination incl).
    Down payment: $1,050.38
    Rebate: $500.00
    Reg.fee: $135.00
    Upfront taxes: $1,147.98
    MV/Doc fee tax: $28.32
    Doc fee: $249.00
    Monthly payment: $389.32 (tax included)

I can't really regret it too much because its all signed up and I've got the car. I like it, but am having trouble fully enjoying it because I think I folded. I was overwhelmed by all the numbers. :sick: and wanted to get home and have some dinner.

I caught them with a different selling price in the paper work. I pointed it out and said it doesn't sound right and some other guy came in and changed it, apologized etc.
    But after that i felt that there were other things that probably wouldn't be right.

I went out this morning having made the decision that I like the car regardless of how I did on the deal. I was getting into the groove of appreciating it when lo and behold I noticed a mark on the hood of the car. I tried to wipe it off but upon closer inspection I realized that its a tiny little rust spot. Hmmm. A rust spot?? On a new car?? I looked some more and found yet another. So, I'm going to call the dealer but I wanted to hear some consumer feedback rather than hearing the dealer BS.

Another thing I have a question about. How is it that you pay upfront tax and then tax is also rolled into your monthly payment. Does that sound right? I'm paying tax on the portion of the car that I'm leasing, ok, makes sense, but what's the tax that's rolled into the payment for??

Any of your thoughts would be appreciated and maybe relieving. Thanks.
    Mara.
  • Options
    iwantsuviwantsuv Member Posts: 6
    This is my first time post,though I have been seeing this forum for several years now.

Love the site and the information!!!

Got this quote from dealer here in shelton,CT

2007 CX9 Touring edition
    3 yr 12K miles per year

Options:
    Rear DVD(extra 1490 not included in lease???)
    Moonroof package

MSRP: $34,690
    SALE PRICE: $32,798
    Money Factor: .00064
    Down Payment :$0
    Residual:$18,732.60

Monthly payment:$472.30

Can someone please assist if this is OK?And give me the September lease details(if any)

Also what does it mean when she says
    "The DVD will need to be purchased outside of the lease."

Thanks for any help
  • Options
    knoxdoylesknoxdoyles Member Posts: 6
    I think you could get a better price for a 2007. That sale price isn't even invoice, should be able to get under invoice for sure. From reading these forums go for much lower, 2000+ BELOW invoice. Also- I don't think the DVD can be installed by the manufacturer with the moon roof. They may just be trying to sell you a portable DVD system that you can buy anywhere.
    I bought a 2007 AWD touring w/Bose& Moonroof and w/Touring Assistance package in June, MSRP 36407 and got it for 34600. My monthly payment is 464.
    I think you can get a better deal.
  • Options
    I forgot some crucial information.

Lease 3 years/15k miles
    residual 52% and .00074 money factor.
  • Options
    iwantsuviwantsuv Member Posts: 6
    Hello Knoxdoyles..
    Thanks for the info..Talked to Vincent in MilfordMazda,CT..he says that $2000 discount is for CX7,due to the needs of premium fuel for it..

Here are the details from him:
    2008 CX9 AWD Touring
    REAR DVD system
    Zero down 3yrs 12k miles/year

MSRP:$36070
    Cap cost:$34352
    Money Factor:.00117(double that of 2007 model)
    Residual:55%

Monthly:$466+30(tax)=$496

Out-of-pocket:1st Month($496)+
    Registration $173
    Sales tax $65
    Dealer conveyance $325
    LEase Acquisition $595
    ==>>>>>$1654

Nice guy..talked over phone..

2007 models are running out fast,says has 4 in PA.none in CT

Regards
  • Options
    cspillmancspillman Member Posts: 18
    Could someone please tell me the october mf for an 08 and the residual I'd be looking at for a 36 month lease at both 12k and 15K miles.

Also, do I have to pay the full amount for dealer add ons or is that rolled into the price. Things like roof rack, auto dimming mirror, mud flaps.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    tommy3102tommy3102 Member Posts: 8
    We priced a cx-9 yesterday in NJ and feel we got a decent deal.

We did 15k miles and rolled everything into the payment. taxes, fees, 1st month, and wearcare plan. I signed forms and walked out without giving them a cent. We did 36 months which worked out to 35 payments of 671.08. Our car was the GT/DVD and it had every option available already installed. Mud flaps, wheel locks, remote start, all weather mats, Sirius radio, roof rack - made them throw in the crossbars.

Based on my calculations I paid about 300 over invoice with the options, but got crossbars thrown it free so figure closer to 100-200 over. I also show my payment meant I got a money factor of .001745 which is higher than I remember them quoting, but still the best rate any car dealership showed me for any car.

My MSRP was 41,915
    Price paid was 38,780.57 (39,459.07 less 678.58 1st payment that got rolled in and this includes dest)
    MF = .001745 (again i thought i was getting .0013 ish but by end of day my head hurt)
    15k miles / 36 months
  • Options
    Ok I was scratching my head so I called the dealership and this is what I got...

Total payment is 671.08 per month.
    This is based on Total Cap Cost of 42,881.24
    MF of .00132
    Residual of 52% or 21,795.80
    36 months 15,000 miles

Cap Cost is made up of...
    38,780.57 purchase price
    595 acquisition fee
    299 MV
    298 Doc Fee
    1,555.17 Taxes
    675 wearcare warranty

Based on this breakdown I realize that I fell for haggling with them to get close to the cars.com invoice price but at the end of the day not realizing thy were giving prices based on taking the 595 fee and adding it on later. That means they got a very good deal off of me. Guess I paid about 900 over invoice for the '08. I Stink!

Not really that unhappy given that the deal relative to my other car choices was still way better, but still kicking myself since I knew better and by the time we were signing I was woozy.

The low MF really was great though, and the residual was right there with Lexus, and Acura.

The other thing to consider is we really love the car - well not the NAV - asked it to direct us "Home" and it said "displaying ski resorts". That is right from a bad 80's sitcom, but anyhow.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cspillman. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-9 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 52%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

When negotiating your lease on the CX-9 that you are interested in, make sure to take the $750 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it into account.

I am not sure if Mazda allows the residualization of roof racks, dimming mirrors and mud flaps. I suspect that it does, but you will have to check with your dealer to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Carman -- when did the lease cash come into play? I had not seen that! Wish I did. In your opinion how bad did I do? I questioned the $595 acquisition fee I thought I paid twice (see post 225) and they explained that the acquisition fee I paid was the bank fee for the lease, and that the destination charge was included in in their invoice number.Does this sound right to everyone? Made reasonable enough sense to me.

Thanks!

I have to say the dealership has been very on top of things with regards to answering my questions about my car and the deal.

Open Road Mazda in NJ - If you live in Central Jersey I def recommend these guys.
  • Options
    maverick8maverick8 Member Posts: 25
    hi Car_man, still haven't sorted a car yet but this is mainly due to distractions and testing myself for using bicycle for month+ (I leave our car with my wife).

Anyway, you explain that the 12k miles PA = 2% better residual than 15k. Can you tell me what residual I should currently expect for 10.5k PA - 36 months - on 08 CX9 GT AWD?

Also, is the lease cash available in CA? and finally, what is the current buy-rate MF for same deal?

Still torn between Outlook and CX but my wife prefers the CX so I guess thats where we will end up.

Thanks in advance,
  • Options
    remmibremmib Member Posts: 32
    I am interested in the CX-9 since March and have been looking at this forum in the last 7 months. This is a great forum and I learned a lot here.
    Finally I was able to drive home a Stormy blue 2008 CX-9 GT-AWD last night.

For a 24 months 12k miles /year 08 GT-AWD
    October MF is 0.00079, residual 64%, got similar quotes from two other dealers. Also there is a $750 lease rebate
    The numbers were a lot better in September though:
    MF 0.00059, residual 65%, $500 lease rebate
    I went to the same dealer on Sept. 30 but didn't get the Sept. deal, and now I need the car and stuck with higher MF and lower residual, oh well.

Details:
    08 GT-AWD + Assistance + Moonroof/Bose package
    MSRP $39510.00
    Edmund's Invoice $36300.00, there is a $200 advertising fee so invoice is $36500. (all dealers in the SF bay area have this)
    Selling price: $36250 - $750 rebate = $35500, so it is supposed to be $1000 below invoice (dealers like to include the rebate to make one think he's getting a great deal)

I think my deal is not super sweet, but decent, what do you think?
    Still need to learn how to pair my BT phone and use the navi system....
  • Options
    enp14enp14 Member Posts: 16
    Could you tell me how much you put down and what your monthly payments are? thx.
  • Options
    remmibremmib Member Posts: 32
    Out of pocket is $1500, monthly payment $516 tax included.
    If it were $1000 out of pocket, the monthly would have been $528 tax included.
  • Options
    gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    Hello Car Man. I am in the Buffalo, NY area and would greatly appreciate, as I am sure others would too, the money factor and residual values for November when they are released by Mazda. I am particularly interested in an 08 CX-9 Touring
    AWD, 36 mo/12,000 mi per yr, or 24 mo/12,000 mi per yr. Thanks so much in advance.
  • Options
    gusbufgusbuf Member Posts: 74
    Well, I found out on my own that Mazda has kept the money factor the same from October, .00132, but has inexplicably lowered the residual from 54% to 52%. What?! The vehicle just won Motortrend SUV of the Year for crying out loud. One would think that Mazda would want to sell and lease these vehicles to take advantage of the recent press. Apparently, they have taken the opposite stance. They think people will lease this car regardless of the numbers, because of its recent press. I am now looking more strongly at the Hyundai Veracruz and Saturn Outlook. I have heard from a local Mazda dealer that hundreds of Mazda dealers around the country have contacted Mazda to complain about November numbers and get them to make the numbers more attractive to buyers. We'll see what happens.
  • Options
    force99force99 Member Posts: 13
    I just came home with a 2008 Grand Touring AWD, Moonroof/Bose package, GT Assist package (Nav), roof rails, splash guards. MSRP $39,885.

My payments are $560 (includes tax) for 36 months, 12000 miles a year, $0 out of pocket.
  • Options
    tsinoyi2tsinoyi2 Member Posts: 6
    Hi car_man,
    Got this offer in my area.. 08 GT AWD with gt assist, towing pack, rear seat entertainment, compass/autodim mirror w/homelink, and roof rails for $37,532+TTL.
    What is the current residual, MF for 12k/15k/36mos? Can you give me some numbers what to expect on the lease price with $0 down? Have a 7% tax rate. Seems to me the residuals and MF given to me is a litte high - 50%+.00218. Any input from you guys?
  • Options
    pabon1966pabon1966 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the november rates for MF and RV 15k mile lease NY putnam county?
  • Options
    noonan18noonan18 Member Posts: 2
    I got an offer from a local dealership here in NJ and wanted to pass it by you.

Mazda CX-9, Grand Touring, Loaded, MSRP- $40165

Price- $37336

Dealer wants $1127 down, after the $750 rebate is taken off($1877.97 prior), payments of $586.47/month

Term is 36 months, 12K year miles.

Money factor- .0018900

Residual- 54%

At first glance, this didn't seem like a great deal.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    zenberg1zenberg1 Member Posts: 4
    Its pretty close. I ran the numbers assuming 7% tax and 695 bank fee and it seems to me this should come out closer to 546 a month which over 36 months adds up to almost 1440 bucks too much at 586/mnth. You can run the numbers yourself at:
    http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • Options
    onzie1onzie1 Member Posts: 2
    can someone let me know if they have leased a 2008 CX9 Sport FWD in the past couple months or so? I just got mine in Oct and I got it for $1150 and $370 per month. Is that good? It's the lowest model and FWD but still is really nice inside and out! I thought I did good because I haggled with the dealers for four days! They told me they lost money on the deal, but I don't believe them. I was happy but when I told my friends they couldn't believe i paid that much for a lease. Others say you shouldn't put money down on a lease, but if I didn't then the price wasn't going down. Also that $1150 included taxes, tags, and 1st pmt. So I thought I did good. Let me know what you think....
  • Options
    winedogswinedogs Member Posts: 102
    Why torture yourself. You made your bed, now sleep in it! What if everyone comes back and tells you that you made a terrible mistake. You cannot change the past, just enjoy the CX-9!

For anyone else, I would have asked this question before I purchased the vehicle.
  • Options
    99zoomr99zoomr Member Posts: 55
    That sounds like you did fine! Now enjoy your new Mazda! :)
  • Options
    mcavarettamcavaretta Member Posts: 3
    Got the following offer from dealer in the Boston area (Sentry Mazda) for a CX-9 with moonroof, Bose, auto dimming mirror, back up camera:

MSRP: $39,810
    Dealer Offer: $37,474
    Rebate: $750

Is this a good deal?

Would also be interested in getting your thoughts on the leasing terms:

36 months, 16,500 miles/year
    $0 down
    Residual: 51%
    MF: .00152
    Monthly payment: $542 plus sales and excise tax
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, gusbuf. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 CX-9 with 12,000 miles per year are .00079 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00132 and 54%, respectively. Mazda is currently providing a total of $750 lease cash on this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi tsinoyi2. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 52%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what the monthly payment should be for the exact model that you are interested in, bur in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its full MSRP and selling price. You already mentioned one of these numbers, but I still need the other one. Let me know what it is and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Here's the information that you're looking for, pabon1966. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-9 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00132 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi noonan18. The Mazda CX-9 that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $3,100 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,829 discount that you were quoted looks very reasonable to me. Plus the dealer that you are working with is subtracting the $750 lease cash from the amount due at lease signing which is a good thing. The only thing that looks funny about this deal is the money factor that the dealer quoted you. Mazda's current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-9 is only .00132. If your credit is in good shape, make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi mcavaretta. The CX-9 that you are interested in probably has a spread of a $3,100 or $3,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $2,300 discount that you were quoted is probably less than $1,000 over dealer invoice, which isn't bad but I have seen community members report getting lower prices than that. Make sure to stop by the "Mazda CX-9 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

The $750 lease cash is right in line with what Mazda is providing on this model right now, but the .00152 month factor is slightly high. According to the latest information that I have seen, Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of any '08 CX-9 is .00132 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this number to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mcavarettamcavaretta Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, car man.

I have a followup question. A few of the options I'm interested in aren't available on any of the CX-9s in the dealer inventory. The dealer will add them on, but they're not factoring them into the MSRP for the purpose of calculating the residual. Is this standard practice? These are regular Mazda options, such as Sirius and remote start, not aftermarket items.

Your (and anyone else's) input would be appreciated.
  • Options
    mageshmagesh Member Posts: 33
    Hello,

Is this a good deal?

Mazda CX9 Grand Touring with nav, blind spot system, power liftgate, keyless (card) entry system, etc ... does not have DVD (has sunroof) & the auto dimming mirrors with home link ($400/-).

Lease: 24 months; $99/month; $6500/- down; 10.5K miles/annum. (I live in Portland,OR) Total lease charge over the 24 months works out just under $9K.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    M
  • Options
    drizzt123drizzt123 Member Posts: 1
    hello

i am a happy driver of an '08 cx-9 gt. gas mileage could be better but i still think it's a great vehicle. i'm currently leasing it for 36 months 0% down but would probably decide to buy it earlier, before the lease ends. let's look at this scenario: i traded-in my old vehicle for it, say 10k. after 6 months into the lease period, i decide to buy it. that's 30 mos before the lease ends. would i get 8.3k back as credit? (the trade-in value of 10k / 36 mos X 30 mos remaining on lease)?
  • Options
    live2skilive2ski Member Posts: 25
    do you have a 0% 36 month lease? The trade-in was your down payment and reduced your cap cost and monthly payment. you will not get this back if you buyout the lease early. Check it to make sure there are no penalties for an early buyout.

why would you want to break it and pay early - 0% costs you nothing? even if the money is sitting in a standard checking account, you're probably making 0.5%. better yet, put the money in a CD or higher rate savings to save more money when the lease is up.
  • Options
    nm1675nm1675 Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know if the December’s money factor and residual is the same as November on 15,000k and 36 months? It was .00132 and 52%
This discussion has been closed.