Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Affordable reliable car or vehicle for the poor in 2023?

C84C84 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2023 in Toyota
Hello there, I was once told by a family member that it is more expensive these days to drive/have/own a really old car or a junker rather then a regular/new car(not anything fancy or super expensive) because the parts are hard to find if you need replacement parts which apparently is very expensive and other factors which I would think one of them is that the car constantly breaks down. They said I would need a economy efficient car rather then a old car to be able to afford a car/vehicle these days if your poor. Also I have been told it is very expensive to drive a used or old hybrid too. Based on this I would not want to buy a old car, a junker or a old hybrid since Eventually I would be without a car and fast.

So having said all that, what Is a affordable reliable car or vehicle for the poor in 2023? What I mean by reliable is that the car doesn't constantly or always breakdown and works normally.

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,529

New or used?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    C84C84 Member Posts: 2
    I don't know, whatever is more affordable and last longer. I would think used as long as its not to old is more affordable but new last longer. If I can get a used vehicle that's cheaper and/or more affordable that also last longer then a new car or buying a new car then that is what I probably most likely would choose.