Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Kia Sorento airbag warning light issue

footy2019afooty2019a Member Posts: 2
edited January 26 in Kia
I have a 2017 Kia Sorento. Recently, the airbag warning light has come on and stayed on. I looked on youtube about possible fixes, but none worked.

Took it to my local mechanic and he informed me its probably some sort of control board & this is something that needs to be taken to the dealer since its too much for him. As I suspected, he also said until its fixed, the airbags won't work at all in any kind of collision situation.

Has anyone had a similar circumstance and taken a kia sorento to a dealer to have an airbag warning light fixed? If so, what kind of cost are we looking at?

Again, I tried several youtube fix suggestions and none worked so I guess my next option is now the dealer (which I suspect will be pricey). Just wondering what I may be in store for

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,366
    If you are the original owner, they should be covered under warranty.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    footy2019afooty2019a Member Posts: 2
    edited January 26
    Yes, we are the original owners, but its a 2017 model with about 140k miles (I know, lots of miles) so I'm pretty sure its out of warranty. Or am I mistaken about this?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,366

Yes, we are the original owners, but its a 2017 model with about 140k miles (I know, lots of miles) so I'm pretty sure its out of warranty. Or am I mistaken about this?

You're right - the factory warranty is 10 years/100,000 miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    The best you can do right now is get the codes from every module on the car and post them here. It isn't possible to give you a price, there really isn't anything to go on. You don't actually need to take this to a dealer, but you would need to find an independent technician that emphasizes electrical diagnostics and repairs.