Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura MDX (pre-2007)

Comments

• Options
    mdxinfomdxinfo Member Posts: 9
    Response to #1202 WSHARPE496/7
    I stopped by a local Acura Dealer today to check on a 'sold' GG loaded MDX that hadn't been claimed for a week. When I arrived it was still there along with 4 others awaiting owner pickup...haven't seen that many MDX's in one place before...Hell, haven't seen that many anywhere, total, since it was released! I snapped some photos of some to show my wife so that we could decide on a common color choice. Several Black/Black...the GG...a Mesa Beige...then another black one came around the corner...no...it's Deep Emerald with Flairs! Nice car...nice combo. However, I think the fender flairs may be too much...I like the clean lines of the MDX with some minor enhancements (lite pinstripe, black running boards and maybe the rear wind deflerctor). Mahogany my still be my 1st choice, but it's good to know my family likes what they saw of the Dark Emerald.
  • Options
    suzie6suzie6 Member Posts: 1
    If anyone living in Ohio, Michigan, or Indiana happens to visit their local Acura dealership, and discovers that they have MDXs on the lot AND they're available for purchase, would you please post the info? Thanks!
    (I would prefer to avoid the dealerships with negative reviews, as posted on acuramdx.org. I'd like to patronize the dealers who have great reviews, and who would appreciate my business, even though the MDX pretty much sells itself.
    I am not on any wait lists. Maybe this is a mistake on my part? (Please no criticism! I should've anticipated it would be SUV of the year.) I'm hoping to just happen upon one, preferably a Black or Emerald Green Touring.
    Thanks to the person in the Novi area who periodically gave updates on what was available
    at Suburban Acura. I appreciated it. Now that my lease is almost up ('97 Acura SLX), I'm getting serious about finding one.
    In calling around, it's interesting how some dealerships have available MDXs just sitting on the lot, while other dealerships have waiting lists. :)
  • Options
    ardvarkusardvarkus Member Posts: 90
    Well, bought the vehicle on October 6.

Just received the front air deflector on Jan 23. But now I'm thinking of sending it back. Here's my comments/thoughts- any discussions?

1. It is green! Nothing else on the vehicle is green (its Mesa Beige) All other acura trim is grey: running boards, fender flares, nose trim, defelctor. Smoke/grey would be so much better.

2. It has an incredibly funky mounting system:

There are three metal braces that screw to the underside of the hood and curve around to the top/front. These go up against the painted metal, so little rubber pads are provided to "protect" the finish.

Then there are two big plastic posts around 1.5 inch tall with a 3x3 inch base that are GLUED TO THE TOP OF THE HOOD!!

Finally, you then screw/clip the deflector in place throughthese 5 mounting points.

3. You cannot easily remove the deflector. Removing the glue on clamps may destroy the paint (although Acura claims not...) They confirm it will destroy the mounts and don't know if they can be purchased separately.

4. The front edge of the deflector has a rubber trim strip on in that is to press directly on the paint. This will trap: water, snow, dirt, gravel, sand, etc etc. And will scrub off the paint.

5. Oh, the "distinctive Acura Logo" is a stamped/heat pressed Acura symbol which looks half done with rough edges since it was just pressed on and not buffed.

Why is it not a simple plastic piece which mounts inder the leading edge and wraps up and over, so as not to interfere with the paint or with washing/waxing! Lund sells millions of these.

Clearly designed by a moron.

Any experience? I've not put it on, and will either sell it or return it.

Ard

PS why such a dead board?
  • Options
    mdxinfomdxinfo Member Posts: 9
    Re: post #1150 from KELKEY1
    I'm wondering which color you've decided on...Black or Dark Emerald Green. I finally saw and Emerald Green.and found it very appealling. I also still like the Mahogany and Granite Green. Keeping the darker colors clean is an issue. If anyone has an MDX in one of the darker colors please post your experience with keeping it looking good. Thanks!
  • Options
    cotmccotmc Member Posts: 1,081
    I'm sorry to hear the news on the substandard front air deflector design. If I was in your shoes, I would definitely return it (if you can).

Gee. I'm glad that the deflector was not available back in early October. I had initially told the dealer I wanted this installed in time for delivery. If it had been available, the dealer probably would have glued it on before I could see it for myself!
  • Options
    I posted this a long time ago, but I thought I would confirm how much I like our black exterior with saddle interior MDX color combination. The saddle color is a rich, deep shade of tan. It is not a light-colored tan such as you might find in a Lexus, BMW, or other Acura models (such as the TL). The saddle interior provides a nice, but not extreme, contrast to the metallic black exterior.

The dark metallic colors definitely tend to show fine hairline scratches easier than the lighter colors when viewed up close. The black exterior also allows for the water dripline from the side mirrors to be more noticeable. I usually get a damp soft cloth and wipe off the dripline a few hours or the following day after washing the MDX.

On the positive side, the nighthawk black has a slight hint of blue in certain light. In my opinion, the MDX has a sportier look to it when dressed in black. I think black goes very well with its angular shape and sharper corners. (In comparison, I am not so attracted to a black ML320.) And it sure does look impressive after it is washed.

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks so. My neighbor across the street had an option to buy either a silver or mahogany MDX sooner, but after examining the colors in person, he decided to wait longer and buy a nighthawk black!
  • Options
    NSORICNSORIC Member Posts: 33
    I saw a dark green MDX at the Car Wash this morning. Very nice! The proud owner actually had a vanity plate that read "MDX"! My wife and I are seriously considering buying a 2002. The one thing I do not like about the MDX is that I think even the optional wheel/tire combo looks small from the back and three-quarter view. any comments on this from actual owners?
  • Options
    salovekusaloveku Member Posts: 22
    After my research, I'm pretty much sold on the MDX. One issue - its width. Will owners comment on whether they have found the MDX wide and more difficult in urban traffic (and parking) than their prior vehicles. Thanks.
  • Options
    I personally have had no difficulties with the added width of the MDX; in traffic or in parking lots. Only when parking in our garage do I feel the need to show any additional concern above and beyond any other vehicle we've owned recently. That is because I like to leave plenty of room between the MDX and our other car.

It sure is nice having that extra cabin room. It feels like a Tahoe/Yukon in terms of its front passenger width. In contrast, the MDX is shorter than the Dodge Durango, and it is also shorter than our previous Audi A6 sedan!
  • Options
    wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    No real issues with the width except that we avoid compact car spaces, obviously. Please just make sure it won't have a problem with any garage door you need to get it into, and/or any driveway you need to get it out of

The MDX is wide for a mid-size SUV, but a number of full-size SUV's are as wide. And there are a a few hundred thousand Odyssey owners who have a vehicle as wide (since the MDX is based on it) but longer.

The MDX has a good turning circle (significantly less than an RX300, similar to an ML320's) so that helps too.
  • Options
    salovekusaloveku Member Posts: 22
    Anyoone know where to find MDX pictures particularly in Dark Emerald Pearl. Also, it seems weird but GG is not available in Canada and black only comes with a black interior.
  • Options
    hairman_61hairman_61 Member Posts: 10
    I just finished installing the running boards for my GG MDX. I purchased the running boards from Tim at Hondacuraworld for $426 (they arrived earlier this week). It was not difficult at all (definitely a do it yourself job), just a bit labor intensive because there are about 70 screws and bolts to put together. It took me about 2 hours to install. If you want to save a few extra bucks on the running board option then I would definitely recommend you do it yourself! (no drilling, no gluing, just alot of nuts and bolts to screw together)
  • Options
    cruiser268cruiser268 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering purchasing an MDX soon and would like your opinion. Even though several problems have been reported, it still appears to be one of the best vehicles available for the price. I am leaning toward getting the touring package, since it has several nice features, but would appreciate hearing your comments whether it is worth it if you have it or are satisfied if you don't. Thanks
  • Options
    ukkonen7ukkonen7 Member Posts: 22
    There have been several excellent posts discussing the pros and cons of the MDX with or without the touring package. Check out the previous posts. I can tell you, having the touring package, it is worth it to us. The improved sound system is excellent for our uses. The Michelin tires, all seem to agree, are excellent. Considering what has happened with the Firestone mess it counts. It all depends on your choices and the enjoyment of your investments.

Today we went skiing. The ski racks worked great and pulling out onto the highway and getting up to speed quickly, in front of on-coming cars, was no problem. On the snow packed back roads the MDX takes off like it had chains. The ride has been very comfortable. It took a week or two to get use to using the new vehicle. What a joy.

Good luck on getting your MDX.
  • Options
    thewormtheworm Member Posts: 80
    Once upon a time, towards the end of Acura MDX IV, jdford posted a link (and specs) for his body side moldings (prostripe).

If you're still out there, can you repost? It appears the link(s) were lost during the transition to the new software (or to MDX V). In IV you say you'll post, and in V everyone thanks you!

I actually did see them once before. Our MDX (black touring/NAV) has arrived and I'd like to get the specs. How have they worked out?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    jdfordjdford Member Posts: 10
    I'm still here!

Here is the photopoint link: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1348222&a=10037516

or you can go to ACURAMDX.ORG and someone has posted my pictures under the gallery.

Great protection so far! Everyone that notices thinks they are factory. I also bought some very small Prostripe wheel lip molding that I am toying with putting on the bottom "ridge." I am waiting for warmer weather to try it out. I think this might make the side look too busy....we'll see!

• Options
    Thanks, jdford! They really do look sharp. Glad they're working well.

Would you mind sharing the specific measurements/kit # you used. I *think* I recall a 1/2" round? How many feet (or # of kits) did you need?
  • Options
    msu79gt82msu79gt82 Member Posts: 541
    Hey saloveku check out my post over in Rx300 v MDX v JGCL. You can use this link: msu79gt82 "Rx300 v MDX v JGCL" Jan 29, 2001 7:26am
  • Options
    ahossaahossa Member Posts: 152
    I bought a burlwood shift knob for my MDX and the dealer said it was real easy to install, just turn counter clockwise and replace . The problem is I've been trying to do this without any luck. I'm afraid i may break the Shift stick. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I thought of using a wrench to turn it but I said let me check out this board first.Please advise asap
  • Options
    nyckidnyckid Member Posts: 16
    What state did you see the vanity plates "MDX"? The person who has them in NY bought his from the same dealership I got mine.

You also posted:
    "The one thing I do not like about the MDX is that I think even the optional wheel/tire combo
    looks small from the back and three-quarter view."

The wheels look to be the right size to me! This is all relative, however, as I am a first-time SUV owner. Some people like the bulky tires/rims. I happen to think that a luxury car should have a more 'classic' look than a rugged one.
  • Options
    Ahossa,
    Look on Acuramdx.org, if you haven't already. I would say you should get a pair of pliers and a soft cloth. Put the cloth around the chrome part of the shift knob and turn with the the pliers. It may take some effort, but I know that is where it comes off.

My dealer installed mine, byt the way.
  • Options
    If you think the wheels look too small on the MDX, there's a photo on www.acuramdx.org of an owner's MDX with 18" wheels and tires.
  • Options
    Someone mentioned earlier that they wanted information on how easy it would be to keep the darker colors clean.

There are a couple of things to consider here. First a car paint expert has stated on a radio program that lighter colors fair worse over time than darker colors in terms of retaining their shine and not peeling.

Secondly, dark colors do 'appear' to get dirtier faster. This is only a perception, as dirt just shows up more visibly on darker colors. However, dark colors do make a car with the MDX's clean lines appear more "luxury-like", IMHO. Another factor is the climate you live in. If you live in a cold climate, where a lot of snow/rain falls, it becomes very hard to keep it clean looking unless you keep it in your garage and use it only for car shows :o)
    Warmer climates would fair better with the darker exterior, IMO.

I own a Mahogany MDX, by the way.
  • Options
    jdfordjdford Member Posts: 10
    Prostripe M9412 (www.prostripe.com) 1" half round. 1 box is all you need for between the doors like I put it (I did use two of the included tips for the leading edge).
  • Options
    Thanks! Going to order it today. Will post some pics once I install them and the other accessories (tailgate defl, wood dash, etc). Still on the fence for running boards...
  • Options
    mykojimmykojim Member Posts: 9
    Do not use any tools on your lever. I found that mine was also on very tight, but I managed to grab it (use leather gloves) and really lay into it, and it soon loosened up and unscrewed. Screw in the new one and make sure that you run it down enough to where there is like only one or two threads left at the bottom, and the knob is on straight.
  • Options
    dmetzgerdmetzger Member Posts: 160
    What are owners of MDX 'really' getting for fuel economy. Is Acura's listing correct?
  • Options
    In my not-statistically significant first 200 miles, I've been getting 22-23 on the hwy (@ 65-70mph) and closer to 14-15 in city (35, lots of lights). 17 was the avg on the trip computer.
  • Options
    russellchinrussellchin Member Posts: 5
    I've had a silver base w/navi since November. Checked the mileage history and am consistently getting around 18 mpg in mixed driving. For pure interstate use, I'm getting 22.5 mpg. I mix Mobil premium and super to reach what I believe to be a satisfactorily high octane blend. No problems to report except for a new rattle coming from behind the radio/navi area. It sounds like a loose plastic part. The width of the vehicle took me about a week to adjust to in tight Boston driving where the streets are often narrow and people routinely double park. The length has caused no parking problems despite our dearth of parking spaces. Thus far, we do not miss the touring package despite having had many high end vehicles in the past. Much like color, this option is a personal choice issue. I will say that the navi is an expensive option but it has met or exceeded my expectations. Short wish list includes an intermittent speed for the rear wiper, body color-painted rear wind deflector, and a reasonably quiet,functional and attractive roof rack. This is my third SUV ('92 Explorer and '97 Montero). Overall, I'm very pleased, the 12 and 10 year olds have found peace amongst all of the seats and my wife is slowly being won over by many of the MDX's virtues- a poised ride, sporty handling, clean design and real-world utility.
  • Options
    julie_richerjulie_richer Member Posts: 1
    We called every Acura dealer in our area, and all had long wait lists, but the dealer in Boulder (where we live) had an MDX on order that they were planning to use as a demo. It was one of our 2 preferred colors (beige) and had our preferred option (touring pkg, no nav system), so we paid MSRP for that. We got the car in about a month (would have had to wait about 3 mos. otherwise). Our main reason for wanting it sooner is we just moved to Colorado, and our old car can't handle the altitude or the snow, so we needed something better this winter.

So far we love the MDX--it's a pleasure to drive, hands down the best vehicle we've ever owned. Only problem I had was I accidentally hit the panic button on the key chain. It took a minute to figure out how to turn off the noise. I re-locked the door and unlocked it, and that solved the problem.

We debated about whether to get the nav system, but decided not to spend the extra bucks, partly because our experience with computers/software is that they often don't work they way you want them to (we run a technology company). I'm curious to hear feedback from those of you who opted for the nav system. Has it worked reliably or been a pain? Are you glad you paid the extra money for it?

For what it's worth, we also test drove the Toyota Sequoia. The third seat has 3 seat belts, and for a family our size (5 people), being able to take 3 friends along was a big plus. However, our 3 kids sat in both the Sequoia & MDX third seat and found the size to be similar, i.e., not much comfort for 3 in the Sequoia's 3rd seat. The Sequoia had more storage space too but was a fighter squeeze in our garage. The Acura's advantages (ultra low emissions, better mileage, better, more car-like handling) were worth more to us than the extra seat belt & larger storage. So far, no regrets at all.
  • Options
    mdx1mdx1 Member Posts: 63
    The panic button on my MDX remote needs to be pressed and held for about 1-2 seconds for it to activate. I though mine was broken until the service manager at Flatirons Acura held the panic button down for a second or two. We also considered Sequoia but decided it would be too big to fit in our Boulder garage.

We did not get the NAV system for two reasons:
    1) It is not hard to get around Boulder and Denver.
    2) It will become obsolete in 5 years without the HW/SW upgrade.

I would have enjoyed the NAV system if it was included with the price of the vehicle, base or touring. At the $2K premium, I chose not to have it.
  • Options
    With the rear deflector installed, I do think the rear window is not as dirty when driving on wet roads after snow storms.
  • Options
    transpowertranspower Member Posts: 213
    Last Thursday I attended a fascinating SAE meeting in Mt. Laurel, NJ at the Honda-Acura Training Center (and yes my MDX's navigation system guided me perfectly to the site). The topic was the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) in the Insight. This is a thin design motor/generator mounted between the 3-cylinder engine and the 5-speed manual transmission (a CVT will be available in the US shortly). With regenerative braking, the IMA (functioning as generator) sends power to the 144V bank of batteries in the back. To help from a dead stop or when accelerating, the batteries send this power (10 KW or 13.41 HP) back to the IMA (now functioning as motor) which then directly adds torque to the crankshaft/transmission input shaft. All in all, it's a very clever hybrid design. When is it going to be available on the MDX or on an MDX-class vehicle? Doubtful, but it will probably be available on smaller SUV's in the near future.

Transpower
  • Options
    mdxer3mdxer3 Member Posts: 16
    As I await my SS/TOUR/NAV,I watch & try to keep updates with the posts. Now you've really confused me with the HW/SW update NAV.Exactly what is this and how do you get the upgrade? This is a first for me to see anything remotely close to this information.
  • Options
    I believe he is referring to Hardware/Software upgrades. The map/location/etc information is stored on a DVD. The www.acura.com website says you can now order DVD upgrades for $152. This is a yearly update. In no way do you have to upgrade yearly, however to have the most current map data you will need to.

My dealer (I have a DMP touring w/ Nav on order) assures me that they can/will burn their on DVD upgrades for about $20. I hope this is indeed true because I am not wild about paying $150+ every year for this upgrade.

I do not know why one would have to upgrade their hardware however. As long as Acura supports any given year models system with software upgrades I don't see why hardware upgrades would be needed.

I too would appreciate any additional comment regarding this subject.
  • Options
    NSORICNSORIC Member Posts: 33
    nyckid - The "MDX" plates were NY.
    wmquan - Thanks for the headz up. I'll check out how the 18" wheel combo looks on the MDX.
  • Options
    someshgaursomeshgaur Member Posts: 2
    I got my MDX with navigation in mid-December.Wanted to know from others here, how the voice commands from navigation system are designed to work. If you are playing music, then does the music completely turn off for navigation commands, or it just reduces the volume of music when the navigation system speaks.
    I remember first few weeks the music would shut down completely when the navigation spoke, but now the volume of the music just lowers a little. If the music is high, the voice commands are barely audible. I took it to the dealer and he says thatz how it is suppose to work.
    Could I have accidentally changed some settings.Can any one help me with their input?
  • Options
    someshgaursomeshgaur Member Posts: 2
    My trip computer contantly shows 15 something, which includes my regular hwy driving as well. For pure hwy driving, the max I have seen is 22, and average is 18-19.
  • Options
    shelbyp1shelbyp1 Member Posts: 4
    After 1 month of owning and driving my base MDX, mesa beige, the following are some observations and experiences I've had. Overall, I love this SUV. The problems that I list below are things that I feel can be corrected without undue aggravation or things that I can live with.

GAS MILEAGE: Unlike most of the people who've reported higher gas mileage in this forum, my experience is closer to post #1243 (someshgauro). In mixed highway (40%)/local (60%) driving, I'm only getting about 14 MPG. I use 93 Octane, and I drive fairly conservatively -- i.e. I do not jackrabbit, hard accelerate, or do any other typical gas guzzling driving maneuvers.

STEREO (thanks to quadguy1, mdx1 and mvab for their earlier comments): The base MDX stereo is not that good in my opinion. I expected a little more. The bass on the stereo/speaker system is lousy. An example that can be replicated by others -- in the soundtrack CD to the movie "The Commitments," try track #7 with the volume up to about half the maximum, bass and treble in the middle position of the settings. You'll notice an unacceptable level of vibrations from the woofers. Not good at all considering the song I'm using as an example here is a typical song that a good stereo/speaker system should be able to competently handle.

DASH LIGHT (thanks to tbever, post #808, for a heads-up on the Odyssey dash light problem): The light that illuminates the clock, trip computer and stereo went dim after about 2 weeks. It still works but it's a lot darker than before. I'm going to have the dealer look at it soon.

"CLICKING" BRAKE NOISE: Similar to need4spd (post #842), I hear a clicking noise whenever (i) I back out of my garage in the morning, or (ii) I make a transition from reverse to forward or forward to reverse. This is not the "thud" that I've been reading about.

GROANING BRAKE NOISE: When starting new, my MDX makes a loud groaning noise when I brake or release the brake. My dealer tells me this will go away after I break in the brakes some more. I hope so.

LEATHER: This is my first leather seat car (I have a dog so I've stayed away until now; the dog does not get to ride in the MDX, at least for now). The driver's seat is already showing ugly wrinkles and lines after one month. QUESTION -- IS THIS TYPICAL for leather?
  • Options
    1. It'll improve after a couple of months or so depending on your mileage and driving.

2. I've found the trip computer's MPG estimate to be on the conservative side. Sometimes it's almost right on, but more often than not, your actual MPG is a full mile or so higher than what it says.

3. Are you driving mostly in D5? The tall 5th gear is good for highway driving and fuel economy. If you find that the transmission is shifting too much in urban situations, try D4. D3 will definitely cut your fuel economy and shouldn't be used except for when decending hills or REALLY bad stop-and-go traffic where you want more low-end ooomph.
  • Options
    www.acuramdx.org has some nice detailed pictures of tailgate deflector installation. Apparently there are four holes that need to be drilled into the tailgate, two on each side. There are already dimples for the holes on the inside of the tailgate (up near the hinge).

The poster said he found it helpful to use a punch to accentuate the dimple, and then drilled a 5/16" hole (instructions say to use a 8mm but if you don't have a metric bit the 5/16 works fine). The poster used a smaller bit first to pre-drill, then the 5/16". He used a needle file to smooth out the holes, which were drilled from the inside out.

The deflector goes on some bolts with washers that cover the hole area (and you can use touch-up paint first), and total installation was about a half-hour.

Also, Hondacuraworld, respecting the Edmunds Townhall policy on advertising, has offered discounts on accessories to www.acuramdx.org readers. This month it's, surprise, a tailgate deflector. EXCELLENT price if anyone wants one, especially now that there's some confirmation that it does indeed help keep junk off the back.
  • Options
    RE: msu79gt82 Jan 29, 2001 3:11pm

The Nav system is a specially purpose computer. Like any computers the Nav unit is made up hardware and software. The hardware includes the multichannel satellite receiver, the computer itself and the display. The software is like Windows and word processors that can either be stored in micro chips (firmware), on a hard disk, a DVD disc or all of above. On top of that we have the database stored in a DVD disc.

The GPS/Nav devices are still evolving to allow more accuracy, faster response time and more coverage. We know the database can be updated each year. But there must be a limit of how much data the NAV unit can process before a new NAV unit with newer processor and more memory is needed. At that point, the NAV system has reached its retirement age. It may still be usable but it may seem quite primitive compared to the newer Nav units installed in newer vehicles.

Lets looks this way. How many vehicles (MB, Lexus, Acura, BMW, etc.) currently have the Nav installed permanently? How old are these vehicles? Are there any vehicles with NAV more than five years old? If there are, how useful are the 5 year old Nav units?
  • Options
    railrrailr Member Posts: 36
    We actually discussed the Nav in detail in messages 358 thru 400+.... You may want to give them a read.

regards.

Rail
    -------
    Mahogany '01 TP/Nav
  • Options
    tonychrystonychrys Member Posts: 1,310
    "CLICKING" BRAKE NOISE: Similar to need4spd (post #842), I hear a clicking noise whenever (i) I back out of my garage in the morning, or (ii) I make a transition from reverse to forward or forward to reverse. This is not the "thud" that I've been reading about."

I'm surprised MDX owners aren't telling you about this. It's normal. This is the brakes "calibrating themselves". Ask a good service tech.

TC
  • Options
    I just read on Edmund's new car price calculator the the TMV of the MDX is fixed at MSRP thru 2/5/01.

What is significant about this date? Does anyone know what this means? I seem to recall that a short time back (less than two weeks?) this date was set at 11/01. Why the change?
  • Options
    always49always49 Member Posts: 29
    "Clicking" Break Noise:
    I have experienced the same, exactly the same scenario. Also if I don't step hard on the break, the car will shake a lot. This happens within the first 5 - 10 minutes driving.

Metal scratching noise:
    Each time in the morning (or the engine is totally cooled down) when I start driving the car, at the low speed, there is a metal scratching noise coming under the hood. I found it after the "THUD" problem is solved. It seems like the fan scratching some metal (I wish it is, not engine problem). It's noticeable if you turn the radio off, that's how I find it. Other MDX owners, please test yours.

I've made an appointment with dealer already and will leave the car there over night so that they can test it next morning. Also I'll mention the "Clicking" Break Noise issue to see how they think.

Even though, I still love my MDX a lot.

-------------------------------------------
    Owner: Dark Emerald Pearl Base + Nav + Accs
  • Options
    joshuah1joshuah1 Member Posts: 22
    Have any of you owned your MDX since last summer and were able to test the AC in the rear, especially the third seat? One nice thing about most minivans is they have rear AC many of the vents are located above the pasangers so that the air "drops" onto them. I seem to recall that the MDX AC vents are at knee level. Does the air really reach the third seat and what efffect does the high fan speed have on acceleration, etc.
  • Options
    always49always49 Member Posts: 29
    "Clicking" Break Noise:
    I have experienced the same, exactly the same scenario. Also if I don't step hard on the break, the car will shake a lot. This happens within the first 5 - 10 minutes driving.

Metal scratching noise:
    Each time in the morning (or the engine is totally cooled down) when I start driving the car, at the low speed, there is a metal scratching noise coming under the hood. I found it after the "THUD" problem is solved. It seems like the fan scratching some metal (I wish it is, not engine problem). It's noticeable if you turn the radio off, that's how I find it. Other MDX owners, please test yours.

I've made an appointment with dealer already and will leave the car there over night so that they can test it next morning. Also I'll mention the "Clicking" Break Noise issue to see how they think.

Even though, I still love my MDX a lot.

-------------------------------------------
    Owner: Dark Emerald Pearl Base + Nav + Accs
  • Options
    mdxer3mdxer3 Member Posts: 16
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR ENLIGHTNING ME ON THE NAV SYSTEM AND WHAT OBSTACLES MAY OR MAY NOT BE LYING IN STORE. I WOULD ALSO TEND TO BELEIVE THAT UPDATES WOULD BE READILY AVAILABLE IF AND WHEN NEEDED.
  • Options
    The MDX didn't go into customer's hands until October so not many people here had much of an opportunity to try it in real summer heat.

Maybe Rob (cotmc) can help you, as he lives in Arizona.
This discussion has been closed.