Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55) 2005 and earlier

Comments

• drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    FYI, the Michelin LTX M/S tires that are available in the ML320's stock tire size have a lower load rating. As such, I wouldn't recommend them. Stick with a tire that has an equal or greater load rating to the stock Dunlop or General tires. The Michelin Cross Terrains are an example, as are the Pirelli Scorpion S/T tires.
    Thanks for the link, Frank. Lots of other interesting things at that site. I bookmarked it for future reference.

When both of you receive the door edge guards, let me know and perhaps I can offer some installation tips based on my experiences.
    ...picked it up at lunch time. They re-aligned the dashboard and A-pillar trim or something to that effect; I haven't had much time to look over the work order yet. Will post more later.

Drew
    Host
    Vans and SUVs message boards
  • mtndogmtndog Member Posts: 12
    I know the Michelin are rated at 2100pounds at 35psi and the Dunlops are 2270pounds at 44psi. What are the Dunlops at a normal tire pressure?
  • cdiccdic Member Posts: 36
    I have had countless Thole racks over the years. This is my 1st BB rack and I want to say it is worth every penny. We are talking one class-act rack here made with high end materials. The cross bar is considerably stronger than a Thole square bar. It is oval with an inlay on-skid on top. Locks are not optional as with Thole.

The attachment method is so much better than the Thole rack for my old 4Runner. Mercedes has a rubberized wire loop that hooks under the rack and back into itself. It is tightened with a screw, and is very positive, but I can't say how long it will last.
  • cdiccdic Member Posts: 36
    Boy did it mess with my last post X-(
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    While you cannot rewrite history, you will have 30 minutes to make any changes or fixes after you post a message. Just click on the Edit button that follows your message after you post it.
    Steve
    Host
    SUV and Vans Message Boards
  • kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    is Michelin XPCs. Someone on the M-Class list put these on recently and reported that it affected cornering and bumps positively.
    They are pricey at $160 ea from TireRack.
    This is what I'm referring to (look under the load index column):
    http://www.whnet.com/4x4/shoptalk.html#roadtires

Drew
    Host
    Vans and SUVs message boards
  • mikestaleymikestaley Member Posts: 35
    Wrangler Tires

FYI - Had the Wrangler on my Jeep Cherokee twice. they were factory stock, they were OK at best and then I thought I would try them again.

Too Loud, not a smooth ride.

I replaced them with the LTX Michlen - It was like having a new vehicle.

I am sorry to hear about the TX not being a good match for the ML 320.

The New Michlens may bee great but what High price.

Please keep us posted.
    When it comes time for replacements, consider the cheaper Michelin Cross Terrains (not for anything more than light off-roading though) vs. the Michelin XPCs. I think someone on the list said that the XPCs were originally specially designed for the Land Rover Discovery for on-road and off-road performance.
    Cross Terrains should be around $120/tire, so they're not exactly cheap :-(. The XPCs I think are OEM for Range Rovers...not sure what are on Discos.
    If you browse epinions.com and search through deja.com, you'll find similiar comments on the Wranglers...i.e., they are crap. Puzzling choice by Automobile, but I haven't read the article yet.
    The Best Yokohama Geolander G039
    The Next Best Goodyear Wrangler AP

The Rest Dunlop Radial Rover A/T
    Pirelli Scorpion S/T
    Michelin 4x4 XPC
    BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A
    According to Automobile Mag.....
    I guess I'm a little confused... or a lot... The ML's GVWR is about 6100lbs if you have a tire that is rated at 2100 each wouldn't the tires cover you up to 8400lbs?
  • bon2000bon2000 Member Posts: 26
    I understood what you said both in your post to me today and all the other posts that you guys wrote me before I picked up my car. As I stated in my previous post to you--I CREDITED YOU GUYS WITH LETTING ME KNOW OPTIONS THAT MY SALESMAN DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT (YES I AM YELLING!!!) AND IT IS FROM ALL OF YOU THAT I LEARNED ABOUT THE SPORTS PACKAGE AND THE LOOK OF IT VS. THE ML320 WITH RUNNING BOARD AND FENDER FLARES. YOU WERE ALL WONDERFUL, kind, and very helpful with all your photos and knowledge...But...as I explained in last post...I only learned of this day before pickup and it was too late according to my salesman--for when I called the next dayMonday around 10:30 a.m., they open at 10! to change the order--car was already registrered, etc., to me...and, salesman said if I changed my mind it became a used car at that point. So I am sorry if you misunderstood my last post. I KNOW EVERYTHING YOU GUYS TAUGHT ME THE DAY OR TWO BEFORE I PICKED UP MY CAR ( I purchase car on a Wednesday.....found post friday night...learned of sports package saturday and sunday night pictures were posted sunday night-- but dealer is not open Sundays.....) so I called dealer the minute I knew about the sports option Monday morning from you great guys. I am not mad at you guys...you are the men who taught me everything I know about my ML other than what I learned from driving it myself...but---it was my salesman who knew less than I did...and that aint saying much... and in last post to you all I wanted to all to understand that I felt cheated from MB dealership and salesman...not at all from any of you guys...you did nothing but teach me there even was a Sports Package.....but I must say...I DIDN'T APPRECIATE YOU SARCASTIC ANSWER TO MY POST AND DON'T WISH TO BE A PART OF A POST WITH NASTY PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GOOD MLING.....Take care and to all the nice guys...thanks for all your input, help and knowledge all the time I asked you guys my stupid, silly questions....and Drew...you are the Greatest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!but... to the nasty guys....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Bon
  • redgoatee7redgoatee7 Member Posts: 30
    From www.roadandtrack.com :

"BMW has recalled 22,000 X5 sport-utility vehicles because of a potential steering mechanism problem, German automotive industry newsletter PS Report said.

BMW's quality control showed that a bolt on the steering column of the sport-utility vehicle may not have been fitted properly on some models, the company said in a press statement.

The connection between the steering column and the steering transmission could suddenly break loose and cause an accident.

Some of the 22,000 X5s haven't been delivered to customers, BMW said."
    WRT the high pitch whine from the engine compartment after startup, the service technician wrote that it's actually caused by the air pump. I've noticed that the whine does disappear after the engine has warmed up for a minute or so.
    Although my silicon spray fix worked, I did mention it at Service A. FYI, according to the work order, "A-pillar trim fit foam under dash corner to realign corner of dash. Refit A-pillar trim". The slight amount of play that used to be there is now completely gone. It is as tight as the A-pillar trim/dashboard on the driver's side. No squeaks, no creaks. :-)
  • cticctic Member Posts: 291
    The only time autolock works is if:
    1) You lock the car
    2) You unlock the car with the remote
    3) No one opens the door after a few minutes

At gas stations this happens to me when I get out of the car, lock the door and go pre-pay the gas, unlock with remote the gas tank cover but don't open the doors. After a few minutes it will autolock.

Regarding autointerior lamps. They do not go off if you leave them on. A few times my wife, who has no respect for cars, left one or other of the interior lamps on and I didn't see it until the next day. By that time the lamp was hot enough to burn my fingers, but didn't turn off.
  • cticctic Member Posts: 291
    My 00ML has developed a couple of minor problems
    1) Noticeable vibrating at the front somewhere when stopped in Drive with foot on brake. Only seems to happen within the 1st 10 minutes of driving.
    2) CDs skipping. First it was just one CD, then it was all of them.

Of course neither happened when I went to the dealership to get it checked out. Hmmm..., maybe the threat of going to the dealership next time will make them stop.
  • beetlebug62beetlebug62 Member Posts: 72
    <<#1461 of 1472  David - mtndog by drew_ HOST  Jan 31, 2001 (04:44 pm)

This is what I'm referring to (look under the load index column):

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/shoptalk.html#roadtires>>

...tires on the ML270 is only 104. I would agree with Drew that one should look for OEM replacement tires that exceed mfr's rating, and the max load rating is for the max air pressure.

Personally, I have Yokohama Geolander AVS 245/70/16, and they are superb sport tires, but not for winter. For snow, I have Yokohama Geolander I/T, and they are also superb.

<<#1457 of 1473  Thule 754 VS Mercedes roof rack by cdic  Jan 31, 2001 (04:08 pm)
    I have had countless Thole racks over the years. This is my 1st BB rack and I want to say it is worth every penny. We are talking one class-act rack here made with high end materials. The cross bar is considerably stronger than a Thole square bar. It is oval with an inlay on-skid on top. Locks are not optional as with Thole.

The attachment method is so much better than the Thole rack for my old 4Runner. Mercedes has a rubberized wire loop that hooks under the rack and back into itself. It is tightened with a screw, and is very positive, but I can't say how long it will last. >>

...the OEM rack made by Thule for Mercedes, and it is fine, but noisy. It whistles if you don't replace the rubber inserts in the tracks along the top of the crossbars. Heaven forbid you misplace or lose these little rubber bits, when you have a ski or bike attachment in place.

I have the Thule 754 for my ML, and it is perfectly fine. Cheaper, quieter, and I prefer the crossbar to rail connection, as it appears to me to be stronger, than the OEM connection. The locks in the 754 are not optional, as the above post implies. There is a 3rd option, buying a 415 foot kit, and using old crossbars if you have em. Then you have to buy optional locks, but the 754 is a complete rack with locks.
    <<#1434 of 1474  osram/sylvannia (SP?) by dt77  Jan 30, 2001 (10:44 pm)

I acutally bought these for fun today. H7 Cool blues and supposed to be 'white bright light'. Almost the same as my optiluxes. But light output seems a little lower. Still like the optiluxes better =)

5 minutes later. returned the bulbs =)>>

...the H7 CoolBlues put out 1245 lumens, while the stock H7s put out about 1325 lumens. A tiny difference. As you know, any coated or colored bulb filters the light from the filiment, and so the lumen output is slightly less.

The color temperature difference is 3290 deg Kelvin for the stock H7s and 3455 deg Kelvin for the Coolblues.

All info is available at their website, silvania.com
    <<#1433 of 1474  illegal fogs by dt77  Jan 30, 2001 (10:42 pm)
    I still haven't put on my external fogs back on yet. =) I'm actually very happy how the integrated fogs work. I put H3 Hella bulbs in here. More light on the road is always nice. Plenty to the side too. I noticed, when I drive up next to a car, my fogs optics project the light so well, I can clearly see the face of the driver ! >>

...is really happy to have your foglights lighting up his face, as you drive by.

<<Now, with my low beams and fogs turned on at the same time, one can really see how the Optilux bulbs are whiter than stock bulbs.>>

Are you sure? I went to the Hella website, and the bulbs for their Optilux line is their stock H3 bulb, #78135, which cost me less than $3 at my local autoparts store. The bulb is neither colored nor coated.
  • dt77dt77 Member Posts: 232
    Hey wassup,

let me clarify, I had hella optilux xenon whites H7 for my low beams. I have 'hella' H3 fog light bulbs in the intergrated headlamp assembly.
    These H3 actually came in a hella box with my Hella Micro FF fog lamps which I bought. Because I had the FFs temporarily removed, I used the its bulbs.

I'm not sure wat optilux line yer refering to. But in my opinion, my optilux xenon whites are whiter and brighter than the stock H7s that came with my ML.

If I'm not wrong optilux has several different types of bulbs so ...

incidentally, exactly what optilux did u see and how much were they ?

If I remeber correctly, my optilux xenon whites were just under $30/pair

dt77
    you are right !
    That is exactly what I did the last time.

1. Got out of ML.
    2. locked car with remote.
    3. Left credit card with mobil counter (long story, i have problems with my speedpass - zipcode issues)
    4. Unlocked ML with remote but didn't open any doors.
    5. started filling
    6. maybe 15 seconds later, ML AUTOLOCKS.

there we go =)

dt77
    Yes drew, I remember,
    The ML DID NOT flash three times when I was filling gas, it just AUTOLOCKED.

For me, I use my personal trick at the dealer to secure a MB loaner.

Take ML in before dealer CLOSES.
    By that time, all the MB loaners have been returned.
    I drive C class home.
    ML will be worked on nice and early next day.
    All is good.

dt77
  • rexconde1rexconde1 Member Posts: 278
    I've thought of getting this, but aren't you guys worried that someone will steal the pass and use it at the counter or at the gas station if you dont know. I've always been leary of this thing.

I know I can get the car mobil speed pass that mounts to the car (ugh, something else to mount on my windshield), but the key fob is convenient for the store. I'm still not sure wether to get it or not. It just seems really insecure. I dont keep my ML key on a ring because with all my other keys it is too big for my pocket.

Robert
  • sshowittsshowitt Member Posts: 137
    Bon, within a few weeks you will receive a questionaire from MB asking you about the dealership, the salesman,the business mgr., and the vehicle. The dealerships always need excellents as well as the salesmen to get their full commissions from MB. It is then that you can tell MB how you were treated by you salesman and the dealership and what you think of your new vehicle. It sounds to me like the salesman/dlr, wanted to meet his end of the month quota and did not accomidate you. Tell your story in the questionaire. Aside from that, enjoy your new ml, I am sure that you will not miss the sport package for close to $4K, it is only cosmetic to the vehicle and will probably be hard to recoup at the time you decide to resell or trade it in. If you need an extended warranty at a deep discount contact me and I will turn you on to it from another dealer.
    Bonnie:
    Steve is right. You can lay into them then. If you want to trade to a 2002, you should probably tell the dealer you're going to give them "you suck" ratings unless they give you a good trade-in deal for a 2002 w/ Sports pkg (I think you might be happy w/ the facelift w/o the Sports pkg in 2002).
    As for sarcasm, etc., there were some questions I posted that you didn't answer, and then you made posts that seemed to indicate you didn't read some helpful posts, so that just leaves me puzzled.
    At any rate, I always try to help people make the right decision (and I'm sure Frank and Drew do as well). Making the wrong one costs $$ and happiness. I researched my ML decision for *years* and the sale process was just a matter of "I want x, y, and z. Please order it for me and don't tack any junk onto my final bill"...I also went to all the dealerships in the Boston area until I could find a salesman I could trust who wouldn't let my ML be used as a "demo" for 50 mi. :-)

Robert:
    I haven't had any problems w/ it since it came out. The charges show up on your credit card bill and if you use Quicken to reconcile your bill, you can catch any anomalies and contest them. The only things on my fob are the speedpass, passenger seat lock box key, and hitch lock key; you shouldn't put a heavy bunch of keys on the fob unless you like having the ML power down on your while driving over bumps and railroad tracks ;-)
    I hate those windshield mount transceivers.
  • ron320ron320 Member Posts: 9
    I had a problem with the auto lock feature on my 00 320. It was parked in the garage about a month ago and I was setting on the step smoking a cigar when the doors locked. Thinking that I had set off the locks while the keys were in my pocket I removed them, unlocked the doors and placed the keys on the step beside me. The doors locked in about 30 seconds. I unlocked the doors again, placed the keys on the step and in about 30 seconds they locked again. This happened about five or six times in a row. Since then no problem. Go figure...
  • rover96rover96 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone know do MB warranty paint crack on the hood. I have 4,5 places with 3, 4 inches paint crack on the leading edge on the hood (close to the top of the front bumper).
  • mtsangmtsang Member Posts: 70
    Does anyone know when the next generation of ML is scheduled to be out? Y2002 perhaps? Thanks.
  • biker5biker5 Member Posts: 199
    Ron, sorry if I can't comprehennd to much...What are you saying is when you unlock your door, Did you actually open the door or you just unlock it thru your remote. If you did not open the door itself the system or the computer will activate the auto lock feature of the alarm. I'm sure this topic was mention before. Try it.

Here is my other dumb question. I been posting a bunch on this site but WHY the DELETE word always showing on my post. I'm just so GRRRRR.
    embarassed.
    mtsang:
    Depends what you mean. Total redesign to unibody is MY2004/2005. Facelift of current model is MY2002 (this Fall).
  • ron320ron320 Member Posts: 9
    I unlocked it using the remote. Now I understand what I did wrong. Thanks..

The delete button allows you a final chance to delete your message prior to sending.
  • lcsoszlcsosz Member Posts: 1
    Any spy photos about the 2002 ML model?
  • dankev2227dankev2227 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how the ML320 handles towing a boat? We have an 18 ft. SeaRay and were wondering how it would tow.
  • barblesshook42barblesshook42 Member Posts: 8
    Recently purchased the MB model racks for my 00 430. They are not the easiest to install, takes alot of time to screw the loops in place. Once there they are bomb proof (assuming the rubber loops hold up). You are right, with out the rubber strips, the noise is very bad.

Also bought the MB roof top carrier, the larger of the two models. It was not good. No matter what, the right side clasp closed poorly, or not at all. We took the second one back and are awaitng credit now. Will try the Thule system next.

Look seriously before you jump into the roof rack market, they are not cheap and there are some differences.
    dankev2227:
    The M-Class has a max 5000lb rating but you should never get close to the max for safety reasons.
    It's a complicated question. What is the tongue weight, total weight, length of carrier, etc?
    There are 2-3 folks on the M-Class Mailing List that know a lot about the subject.
  • cheapdannycheapdanny Member Posts: 12
    I just picked up a set door trim in silver from Auto Barn here in New York. They look fantastic and were extremely easy to install.

Thanks again for the information.

Danny d:)
    01 ml320
  • sshowittsshowitt Member Posts: 137
    Are there any Auto Barns in RI or MA? I guess I will try PEP BOYS to see if they carry the product. I think that it is a good idea to have the door edge guards. On another note: it is amazing to watch people get out and swing doors into your car as well as people parking right up to your bumper or use your bumper as a guage to see if they are close enough. I always try an leave a good distance between my vehicle and the next parked car. It always seems that when someone leaves either space in front or in back of you the next person who now parks in that space parks right up to me.
    I was in NYC a few weeks ago stopping at Zabars. I found a space across the street, last spot in line, no parking to corner behind me, and wouldn't you know it someone parks in the no parking to street spot right up to my bumper. I couldn't open my lift gate without standing on their car. Fortuneately for them they did not leave a mark on my bumper.
  • bwhbwh Member Posts: 76
    An 18 ft boat with trailer probably wieghs in about 3000lbs. The only real concern is stopping. Does your trailer have brakes? If not just remember when towing that you have effectively doubled the distance needed to stop. I tow my 18' boat sans trailer brakes with my '95 G320 all summer with no problems. The law here in Minnesota actually requires brakes when over 3000lbs. I suspect you are under but not by much. If your trailer does have brakes I would say you are good to go.
  • jferris1jferris1 Member Posts: 8
    Well I checked everything I could and finally bought Michelin Cross Terrains in 255/70R16. They feel great so far (10 miles).

Several people assured me that the larger size would not affect handling or any of the electronics. The speedo and mileage will of course be different. I'll check how much and post it.
  • thor3thor3 Member Posts: 120
    I'm sorry that you are letting what my post started get to you to the point of withdrawing from the forum... THIS WAS NEVER MY INTENT!!!!

I was trying to point out that on the evening of Nov 12 into the early morning of the 13th (the day you picked up your ML) myself and others (Drew,Ken..) were trying to make sure you purchased the vehicle you wanted - NOT WHAT THE SALES PERSON WAS TRYING TO PUSH ON YOU.

In trying to do this I stayed up longer than I normally would to hopefully help you understand that the Sport Package was very different from running boards, fender flares and grill guard installed after purchase. After several posts from myself, Drew + Ken you seemed to understand the difference and even made the comment that you wanted the side step running boards which would not be part of the Sport Package. In-other-words the side running boards seemed to be a priority over the "Sport Look" of the Sport Package. So finally it seemed the vehicle that you were picking up later that day was what you really wanted and could work with to put the common aftermarket OEM accessories as you saw fit.

I am sorry that you really wanted the Sport Package now in looking back at said purchase. You should never have felt that you had to pick up the vehicle that day if it was not the vehicle of your choice. Especially since the sales person was so misinformed himself that he actually misrepresented what was actually available. The dealer would have to honor your request and reorder the Sport Package. Unless you sign all the papers and drive it off the lot it is not a used vehicle... even so good MB dealers might even honor a return for the vehicle you really wanted up to 3 days after purchase. My dealer EuroMotorCars in Bethesda, MD will take new MB's back up to 3 days after delivery if it turns out it was not the right car choice... You have to purchase another MB but still a great policy. You dealer totally misrepresented the transaction by not only being ignorant of what was actually available (Sport Package) but also in telling you they could not do anything because the car was already titled to you and "used." Our posts concerning this were all BEFORE YOU picked up your vehicle and there should have been enough question that you did not have to take delivery until you resolved your decision - to "Sport" or not to.

I wish we could have been in the same area and I could have helped you with the "negotiations." NEVER BELIEVE WHAT A DEALER IS TELLING YOU - IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS OR FURTHER QUESTIONS DON'T BELIEVE THE DEALER WHO HAS ALREADY MISLEAD YOU! I would have made sure you got what you wanted and probably would have delt directly with the sales manager (perhaps just as bad as sales person) but you never should feel pressured into purchasing a vehicle. There were many other people who would have taken your vehicle - the dealer would have lost nothing and would have made a new sale on the Sport Package.

My frustration was that you kept on stating you wanted step running boards which you would never have on the Sport. So I was confused to you posts stating that you would have gone with the Sport Package. I guess were all can change our minds once we have all the information churning for a while - I know I certainly have : )

Please stay with us on the board we are here to help and that is what myself and other were honestly trying to do... You will find that I only post when I feel I am helping because I enjoy this. I am sorry I stirred up the pot with my post - I was just venting my frustration with trying to help and it seemed it had no impact which is why I stayed up late to begin with.

Sorry for the long post - I feel we can still learn and help each other.

Take care - Frank

Sorry for all the long run-on sentences and poor punctuation above..I just let it flow out as my brain delt : )
    <<#1477 of 1496  bettlebug by dt77  Feb 01, 2001 (01:32 am)
    Hey wassup,
    let me clarify, I had hella optilux xenon whites H7 for my low beams. I have 'hella' H3 fog light bulbs in the intergrated headlamp assembly.
    These H3 actually came in a hella box with my Hella Micro FF fog lamps which I bought. Because I had the FFs temporarily removed, I used the its bulbs.

I'm not sure wat optilux line yer refering to. But in my opinion, my optilux xenon whites are whiter and brighter than the stock H7s that came with my ML.

If I'm not wrong optilux has several different types of bulbs so ...

incidentally, exactly what optilux did u see and how much were they ?

If I remeber correctly, my optilux xenon whites were just under $30/pair >>

...for those who don't get it, that was a SuperBowl joke.

As for the optilux bulbs, I presumed you were referring to the foglights. There's some natural confusion as Hella markets both a Optilux fog/driving lamp line, as well as a separate Optilux bulb line. And, contrary to one's natural conclusion, Optilux bulbs are not included in the Optilux lamp line. I have the vague recollection that the Optilux bulb line is on recall or something, due to poor manufacturing.

I have no doubt that your Hella Optilux bulbs have a higher color temperature than normal H7 bulbs, but it seems increasingly clear that so-called "white" bulbs do not put out more light/lumens, than standard H7s, which are designed for 1300+ lumens. Don't you think any "white" bulb manufacturer would be touting the actual measured lumen output, or MSCD candela output, if it was actually greater?

If you can find any souce that indicates that any "white" H7 puts out more than 1335 lumens, then we'd all love to see it.

If you have the inclination, Rexconde and I have had a topic discussion on bulbs while you were away, and the ML 55's HID D2R bulbs put out about 2800 lumens. The ML's stock OEM H7 bulbs put out about 1335 lumens, while the stock H3s foglight bulbs put out about 1300 lumens, for a total of 2600+ lumens. Not far away from the light output of the HIDs. Recall, that the ML HID capsules do not include a foglamp.
    <<#1497 of 1498  Bon2000 by thor3  Feb 01, 2001 (03:29 pm)
    Sorry for the long post - I feel we can still learn and help each other.

Take care - Frank >>

...since when did Bon offer up anything but complaints and questions? And, most of those questions were easily answerable by looking in the owners manual.

While I find people's helpful attitude to be wonderful, I don't think you need to fall on your sword here. Even with your time and effort expended, it didn't take Bon long to diss you. Some people just don't deserve the help. Sorry, but that's the way I feel.
  • tuaaractuaarac Member Posts: 6
    Just a quick question...does anyone know if there is any negotiation room on these vehicles, or is it strictly MSRP? Thanks!
  • thor3thor3 Member Posts: 120
    Also, what I meant to say in my wordy post above is that you sound like a very nice person. You have character and your posts show your "fun loving attitude." We need this here on the ML Forum.

Sometimes I can be real "anal" (hate that word but it is very appropriate) - Ask Drew and Jason when I gave them my comments on the hitting "0" posts as a game. I have to sometimes hit myself but unfortunately it is too late sometimes and the damage is already done. My heart is truly in the right place though.

Remember the saying that srot of goes something like this:

After an argument an ordinary friend will think that you are no longer friends. A TRUE friend will know that friendship is really not TRUE friendship until tested by an argument (adversity). Anyway, that is sort of the saying but not exactly but hopefully you get my point!

I'll shut up now - thank you!!

Frank
  • ccweemsccweems Member Posts: 33
    The BMW X5 has small running boards (that blend into fender flairs fore and aft) which are effective as steps and don't affect ground clearance without screaming RUNNING BOARDS! I think they are pretty tasteful. I don't want to buy anything from a company that also makes accessories for F-150's. Has anyone seen a ML equivalent? I do think I saw some at Bra bus but they were body colored. The BMW's are flat black so you don't have to paint them.