-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2007 Honda CR-V Helicopter Noise

kathleenfkathleenf Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Honda
When I roll down one or two of my rear window - the noise is often UNBEARABLE causing great discomfort?!! Is it the tires???? Anyone else experiencing this??

Comments

• Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    This happens with alot of new cars not just your CR-V it is due to the air tightness. Try cracking a front window just a hair at the same time to balance it this should correct it

Good Luck.... MNF
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not only does it happen with a lot of new cars, it's been happening for years now:

tidester, "Volvo XC90 SUV" #930, 3 Jan 2003 10:19 pm
  • Options
    kathleenfkathleenf Member Posts: 5
    Thanks - I will certainly try it. My 3 year old loves to have her window opened and the noise is bad enough that it drives me crazy.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Thanks - I will certainly try it. My 3 year old loves to have her window opened and the noise is bad enough that it drives me crazy.

Its probably not a good idea to ride at highway speeds with windows down, especially for a 3 year old. Any road debris kicked up by other cars becomes a deadly projectile at highway speeds. With the windows up, you have a layer of protections, a fragile layer, but it is enough to slow down the projectile enough not to be deadly. Without the window in place, it does more damage.
  • Options
    snoopy21snoopy21 Member Posts: 114
    i know exactly what you're talking about. i posted earlier about this phenomenon here:

snoopy21, "2007 Honda CR-V" #2182, 1 Mar 2007 3:20 pm

it's not the tires but caused by airflow.
This discussion has been closed.