Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Honda CR-V Helicopter Noise

kathleenfkathleenf Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Honda
When I roll down one or two of my rear window - the noise is often UNBEARABLE causing great discomfort?!! Is it the tires???? Anyone else experiencing this??

Comments

• Options
    mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    This happens with alot of new cars not just your CR-V it is due to the air tightness. Try cracking a front window just a hair at the same time to balance it this should correct it

Good Luck.... MNF
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not only does it happen with a lot of new cars, it's been happening for years now:

tidester, "Volvo XC90 SUV" #930, 3 Jan 2003 10:19 pm
  • Options
    kathleenfkathleenf Member Posts: 5
    Thanks - I will certainly try it. My 3 year old loves to have her window opened and the noise is bad enough that it drives me crazy.
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Thanks - I will certainly try it. My 3 year old loves to have her window opened and the noise is bad enough that it drives me crazy.

Its probably not a good idea to ride at highway speeds with windows down, especially for a 3 year old. Any road debris kicked up by other cars becomes a deadly projectile at highway speeds. With the windows up, you have a layer of protections, a fragile layer, but it is enough to slow down the projectile enough not to be deadly. Without the window in place, it does more damage.
  • Options
    snoopy21snoopy21 Member Posts: 114
    i know exactly what you're talking about. i posted earlier about this phenomenon here:

snoopy21, "2007 Honda CR-V" #2182, 1 Mar 2007 3:20 pm

it's not the tires but caused by airflow.
This discussion has been closed.