Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

The Future of Volkswagen in the U.S.

2»

Comments

• Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Yeah they would make a good vehicle I suppose for the guy who travels. I guess I'd rather spend half the amount and get 30 mpg with a gas engine with more power. Those diesels are also expensive to maintain and like you said finding a VW diesel mechanic is hard and I'm sure very expensive once you did. :surprise:

-Rocky
  • Options
    keithmoondaddykeithmoondaddy Member Posts: 2
    thank you, this is very good for me to hear/read your points. i haven't purchased a vehicle in over 12 years and i've always had trucks and vans. the only thing i need space for any more is my surfboards so i'm clueless about cars, mostly. i'm wanting to run biodiesel or veggie oil and ride my bike more... yet i'd like to be able to own a car that functions in my lifestyle(i.e. mostly in town driving, some freeways, and an occasional road trip). does anyone have any suggestions for cars that might work for me?

keith
  • Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Well you came to the RIGHT place (edmunds) for advice, opinions, from car buffs. ;)

Lots of personal, finacial, factors come in to play when deciding "what" to buy and their is plenty of forums filled with people to help you decide. ;)

-Rocky
  • Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    San Diego has a few places you can get biodiesel. Have you looked at the Golf TDI? They are easier to find than the Jetta Wagon. I think a surfboard would fit inside, if it is not a longboard. There are a couple listed in San Diego on Craigslist. They do not seem to have the big premium of the Jetta.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/car/459644219.html
This discussion has been closed.