Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

What if ... redesign the Hummer?

tired_old_davetired_old_dave Posts: 710
edited March 2014 in HUMMER
What if GM could build a smaller than H3 type vehicle with the 4.8 v8 or smaller power plant, 3.23 or 3.55 gears with a rear locker and give us a real alternative to a crv/rav4.

Someone close to me had a straight 8 '48 automatic buick that could climb the PA hills like a diesel. He also had a '66 riviera with a 2.56? rear and the drum would bounce off the 140 indicator with abandon.

Comments

• should probably have been the title and not just "What if..." Thanks for the add to the title edmunds, but I didn't really mean a redesign of the H3. I guess the H3 Alpha has answered the call for the rock climbers. And I believe H can stay true to its philosophy and still be bought by non rock climbers.
  • I apologize Edmund's. Your title was better after all. The lightbulb got lit with the new question - which Hummer. The H3X (Blinger) might be a marketing misfire. First, since the Greek(alpha) denotes character, it seems that alphabet has been used. Second, the common alphabet letter X was used to promote a bling vehicle that provided nothing, save a special color, which can be made with options added to an H3. Now, if you realize, as rock climbers contend, that most H's will never climb anything higher than a parking lot tire stop, what do you call/name the surburbia version with gearing for the highway and interstate economy.

I am not a rebuilder or an engineer, but if someone can run the numbers, is it an illusion to expect this?
This discussion has been closed.