Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Cougar Support Group - A New Start

Comments

• Options
    katlvrkatlvr Member Posts: 23
    Well Ok if the speedo guy's gonna be in the commercial then make sure you get my good side Mr. DeMill(sp).
  • Options
    coolchickcoolchick Member Posts: 174
    I think the ladies on this site should select the speedo guy. Now, will all the gents line up....the runway parade will start in just a few minutes.

(Please ladies, no whistles or cat-calls...they might be a little shy)
  • Options
    badulahbadulah Member Posts: 961
    Jimbo:
    I have been told that if we want a power outlet, we can get one. If the turn out is going to be big enough, I would like to set up a CSG area for us to stage and a booth so we could sell our CSG products and pass out some info on our group.

Me in a Speedo?! HECK NO! If people saw that on our commercial, they would run out and buy a Honda!

I believe MWS will be at Cougar Fest Y2K, but I doubt FMC will allow him to bring the "S" Concept and the Eliminator. That's a bummer.
  • Options
    ambercadabraambercadabra Member Posts: 56
    Speedos?? EEEEWWWWWWW...I mean really, I was on a swim team for years, and STILL don't see the point of a guy in a speedo, except for reducing drag. Men were just NOT meant to be showcased in such fashion (Sorry all of you old men at Venice Beach in CA)...

Ok, Dasaint, I'll do the dang commercial, but can I request that your stunt double be Jeff Goldblum or Sean Connery or something? Both are MUCH yummier than Mr. Reeves. Who do I send my headshots to? LOL

Rob, you know, I'm not too sure about the spring thing...I haven't looked, but I'll know after I take it in tonight. Maybe I just have one or something so I'm lopsided..LOL
  • Options
    dasaint1dasaint1 Member Posts: 230
    Did someone say "runway" and Speedo?

I'm too sexy for my Cat, too sexy...

Badulah, btw, does your girlfriend drive a Honda? :o

Jimbo, I like the idea of us doing our own Cougar commercial. Even if it's only for our own viewing pleasure, I think it'll be a blast. Now if only we can get MWS to provide some funds to finance the project.

Amber, Sean Connery drinking beer--somehow I just can't picture that. "Make that a Bud Lite, shaken, not stirred," that line wouldn't work for Sean.
  • Options
    Dasaint1:
    Yes she owns a Honda (hangs his head low), but she bought it before we knew each other, and she comes from a family of vehicle impaired individuals. So she can't be held responsible for her actions. She tells me that if we were dating at the time she was shopping for a car, she would have gotten something else.

Currently I am trying to locate a camcorder to use during the LP trip. I would like to film something there and have Jimbo edit it and then post it on the site in MPG format. We would also like to film a CSG infomercial of sorts for Cougar Fest Y2K. This should prove to be an interesting project.
  • Options
    Can Darth Maul play me in the video? I think that would be cool. The name "Badulah" is more fitting for him in person. I don't think I really look like a "Badulah".

O-Well!
  • Options
    hmmmm....how about we incorporate the Darth Maul thing with the Speedo thing? Now THAT would get us noticed.

I would never defile Sean so badly as to make him drink domestic crap beer. If he even likes beer, it would have to be a Guinness or a Bass or something. Otherwise I'd have to edit the commercial to me changing Sean's oil and him sipping some 150-year-old scotch. Though I'm not sure that would make for a very convincing scene.
  • Options

Does she have a VTec sticker too?
  • Options
    No she is not a "Girl Racer". She views a car as just a means of getting from point "A" to point "B".

I'm glad she isn't in to the car thing. It gives me the space I require. We have a ton of other stuff in common, but the car thing is strictly my domain.
  • Options
    jimbo_gjimbo_g Member Posts: 53
    On the count of 3

3. all together now.....

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet!

LOL

Jimbo_G
  • Options
    Yeah, that was sweeeeet!!!

I take it she doesn't drive an Integra Type R or a Prelude SH.

Say, she wouldn't happen to go by the screen name of Ms. Isell, does she?? :o
  • Options
    dgeminidgemini Member Posts: 161
    I know I should know this, but where and when is Cougarfest being held? And what is the URL to thew site again?

Gracias!
  • Options
    Heard a wreck today...almost saw it, but the corner of a building blocked the view.

Idiot (Honda driver, not raced out) did the right-turn-on-red-after-stop.... without stopping... pulled out into the middle lane at about 14 mph in front of a pickup who tried valiantly to stop...about 60 feet of skid marks.

Soooo stooooopid. It's a clear intersection. The legally blind could have seen the truck coming! Sure made me nervous for the rest of my drive today.
  • Options
    fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    I know this has been discussed before but here it goes again........For those of you that mountain bike, does your bike fit in the hatch? If yes, have you scratched your cat or done other damage while puting it in? I am getting a Gary Fisher Mountain bike and want to know if the bike will fit in the rear hatch. We have a bike holder for my wifes car but If I want to put mine in my Cat I want to know if it will fit. Do you all put a towel or sheet in the back to protect the interior from getting dirty or damaged? I know I am asking tons of questions but any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!
  • Options
    fredlyfredly Member Posts: 201
    Dgemini; http://www.cougarfest2000.com (all info is within)
    End of August, at Flat Rock, MI

Fish: My Bike fits in there, I do lay the seats down, I think without the wheels
    I could fit it in with seats up, I haven't scratched it with the bike, but other things(but thats another story)

What I am considering is getting a cheapo Class III hitch installed and installing a Hitch mount Bike rack. keeps the bike out of the jet-stream :) and limits my chance of scratching the roof.
  • Options
    lmigliorelmigliore Member Posts: 148
    My bike fits fine with the back seats folded down if I pull the front wheel. I suppose I could scratch the car if I was so puny as to drop the bike while putting it in.
  • Options
    bobschmbobschm Member Posts: 42
    Yes, that's plural. Two mountain bikes in the Cougar. Fold down the rear seats. Pull the front wheels, lower the seats (on the bikes). Lay one on top of the other with a blanket in between.

There is a LOT of room in this car.
  • Options
    Last night on the way home this little punk in a brand new VW Jetta tried to take me out on Route 287. Needless to say we put the smack down on him (BIG TIME). I think the Cat still has pieces of VW stuck in her teeth. I'll have to pick them out tonight when I detail her. >8-)
  • Options
    krnchkrnch Member Posts: 127
    Last night on the way home this yuppy in a new Porsche 911 came weaving through traffic to stop in front of me at a light. When the light turned green, he hammered it. Just for fun, I tried to keep with him. No way. Oh well, I could by four Cougars for the price of his car.
  • Options
    Krnch:

I posted a while back about racing Porsches, my advice is not to. I TRIED to race a 911 a few weeks back. It was a slaughter!
  • Options
    20 years from now, Porsche will have already been bought out by Hyundai Motors, (sad but true, you know how these global competition works). Your dream car will then be called Tiburon 911.

Sweet dreams!!! :o
  • Options
    The thought of that makes me ill.
    (makes a disgusted face)
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Tiburon 911? Oh man, that's like saying a Honda Testarossa or F50. NO THANK you.
  • Options
    YIPPIE!
    I just found out that i'm getting a better office here at work. They are giving me a corner office with a window that faces the parking lot! I park my Cat right out side this window in "My" spot everyday. I will be able to keep an eye on her all day long!
  • Options
    fastback2fastback2 Member Posts: 55
    Badulah:

A corner office, with a window no less! Sounds like you're moving on up in the world!

This talk of Porsches(may they never be bought out by either Hyundai or DaeWoo) had me dreaming of an all-wheel drive Cougar with a supercharged 3 liter V6. The last American car like that was the dearly departed Eagle Talon(actually a Mitsu Eclipse in disguise). Ah well, maybe someday....
  • Options
    california1california1 Member Posts: 3
    test
  • Options
    eurocareurocar Member Posts: 12
    There's already a Honda "Testarossa" it's called an NSX. Wouldn't bother me a bit to have one of those. .. I think. As spendy as the 911 though. It's funny, when I see people driving ultra high-end rides I think, how much disposable income would I have to have to spend that much on any car and not feel guilty about it? It'd have to be a heck of a lot and I think some of it would have to go to help some less fortunate folks out too. The Cougar's price point makes me all the more proud of my cat. All this beautiful styling and great driving performance (even if it's not the "ultimate") without having to be 'filthy' rich, or hopelessly indebted. I really appreciate that and it makes me love my Cougar that much more.
  • Options
    Yes the window is an added bonus, but I was just happy to hear that I didn't get a cube. This would be bad, cause then I would have a hard time surfing Edmunds & the CSG. No privacy.
  • Options
    California1:
    What does your post mean??

Badulah:
    Congratulations

To All:
    I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow. Going to Florida, Cocoa Beach, to be exact for the spring break. And I'm taking my Cat with me (oh, and my wife too). It's gonna be a nice, long drive (I think). Anyway, I'll be out of the CSG loop for a week (I think I can manage that, as long as I have my Kitty with me).

I know there'll be hundreds of posts to catch up on when I get back. See you all soon.
  • Options
    Dasaint1
    Have a GREAT & SAFE trip!

Talk with ya in a week!
  • Options
    Please note that we have added another conference, CSG Gatherings and Events.

All Lake Placid planning should be moved over to this new area in order to better keep track of it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    The following is a list of Edmunds Hottest New Vehicles:
    1. Honda Accord
    2. Honda Civic
    3. BMW 3 Series
    4. Volkswagen Passat
    5. Toyota Camry
    6. Ford Explorer
    7. Volvo 70-Series
    8. Volkswagen Jetta
    9. Ford F-Series Super Duty
    10. Nissan Maxima
    11. Ford F150
    12. Ford Focus
    13. Honda Odyssey
    14. Chevrolet Silverado
    15. Toyota 4Runner
    16. Dodge Dakota
    17. Audi A4
    18. Ford Windstar
    19. Dodge Dakota
    20. Nissan Xterra
    21. Acura Integra
    22. Jeep Grand Cherokee
    23. Ford Taurus
    24. BMW 5 Series
    25. Ford Mustang

I personally they need to rethink this. What is so "Hot" about a Civic? I'm not even saying the Cat should be in there, but a Honda Civic? Sheesh, talk about spartan and run of the mill.

I guess when compared to the Toyota Echo the Civic is "hot".

Sometimes I wonder who writes these articles?
  • Options
    OIC, they used Edmunds.com user info to gather this data.

Boy there sure are a lot of boring people out there. But I guess that's what makes groups like us so special!

ROCK ON CSG!
  • Options
    badman --

they must mean hottest selling, because the Taurus is on there too.....unless they're talking about the Taurus SHO. And a Windstar?!?!?!?!? For crying out loud, what is hot about a Windstar except my language when one of the *%&$ things cuts into my lane because the driver is too busy yelling at the kids to pay attention to traffic!
  • Options
    panthapantha Member Posts: 6
    I hired a landscaper to make my yard look better next to my car ;-)

Is this sick?
    Mindy
  • Options
    mws0520mws0520 Member Posts: 45
    My mountain bike fits in the back of my car. Just put the seats down. California has great mountain bike trails.

Cougarfest 2000 - the details are still being worked out. We'll let you know soon what we will have on display.

I'm on vacation until next week. Until then, happy Cougaring!
  • Options
    jimbo_gjimbo_g Member Posts: 53
    I think I speak for all when I say that I'm really looking forward to Cougarfest 2000. I think it's awesome that FoMoCo is not only supporting it, but actively participating. Hopefully it will live up to our hopes. I'm confident, of course, that it will
  • Options
    pattepatte Member Posts: 35
    Mindy
    No. Is it sick to not be able to pass the stinking magazine rack in the supermarket without taking a peek in the car mags to see if there's a cougar photo or someone bad-mouthing them? My kitty is dusty and I'm counting the hours til the weekend so I can get her shined up and proud again.

Daexpert
    Boy I wish I could see someone else learn on a manual before I attempt to teach my 16 year old son (NOT on MY cougar). The advice you got here was great. Except for dasaint's (I can pick on you dasaint cuz you're gone for a week!!!) comment: "you'd be nuts to take a corner in 3rd". I resemble that remark, dasaint. And quite frankly it's been a BIG issue between my husband and me. I say if the car can take a corner without pogoing in 3rd do it. And the cougar has the most remarkable 3rd gear I have ever experienced. He says never. Anybody else want to comment? Is it truly a BAD thing to do?

We're actually seeing cougars on the road now here in the urban territories of Nebraska. I've seen at least 5 in the past few weeks - usually with in transit stickers. And that's all from your roving reporter. Back to you Badulah.
  • Options
    jayhawk5jayhawk5 Member Posts: 70
    I alternate between shifting down to 2nd and staying in third. Sometimes I get lazy, so I just leave it in third and the cat does just fine. You're right- third gear is by far the best gear on this car, it revs forever!
    Just got back from a 2 1/2 week business trip and there were 300 posts! Of course, I looked for Cougars the entire time I was gone. Started in Seattle, ended up in San Francisco, and over 17 days I only saw maybe 3 Cougars! Unfortunately, I saw about a million Mustang GT's (new body style) and Camaros, they like their muscle cars in the Northwest. Has anyone else seen the new Cougar commercial besides me? It was for the special edition- pretty cool.
  • Options
    blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    patte:

Your husband is from the same school as my wife. Ignore 'em both. If your Cat is happy, and not complaining, in ANY gear, that one's fine. The choice of 2nd or 3rd around a corner is purely a function of MPH. If you are going too slow for 3rd, your ear and the seat of your pants (in your case...skirt) will let you know it.
  • Options
    daexpertdaexpert Member Posts: 140
    Well, I'm still taking the turns around 3rd gear. If the car has just lost too much power then I'll pop it into 2nd but usually I don't have to. You can actually feel it if the car is just getting too lazy and you need to downshift again. But for the most part, I use 3rd gear a lot, hopefully I'm not causing damage to the car, doesn't seem like I am = ).

Do any of you guys ever have a hard time getting it into 2nd gear? It happened to me today. It felt like the car didn't want me to put it in 2nd even though I was going at the right speed/rpm for 2nd gear. I thought it was weird. But didnt' do it too much, just like once or twice, so I don't think it's a big deal.
  • Options
    GOT MY CAR BACK FROM THE SHOP!

I am so glad. After being in the Altima for 4 days my Cougar felt so great. The Duratech is really a sweet engine. It revved so beautifully when I took it on the highway after leaving the bodyshop.

How I feel about the bodywork! My car looks good, however it will never be the same. When I go up to wear I know it was hit I can run my hand along the fender and hood where it was hit and tell the difference.

However, I am still so happy to have it back. I had forgotten how good the interior looked. There's nothing like being away from something to make you realize how much you love it.

Do you know most cars with a trip computer costs a lot more than a Cougar! I missed this feature so much. I love being able to tell the temperature, gas mileage, miles to go till fill up at the press of a button.

This car is really so great!!!!! I really know this now. My experiences with the Si fiasco (hangs head low in shame) and driving that Altima around really made an impression on me. I cannot believe how much more solid the Cougar is than the Altima.

Let me stop, I am just babbling on about this car....

Badulah:

Saw the pictures from the first CSG gathering.

Hopefully I can make the next one.

Went to the Cougarfest 2000 site. Also went to the Fast Cougar site for the first time too. I really liked it. Is nice to see our car is getting so popular.
  • Options
    Everytime I pass a magazine rack I look for Cougar articles.
  • Options
    stageleftstageleft Member Posts: 391
    Me too. Found the C&D long term update someone mentioned. At least they didn't completely bash it again.

I've been out for a couple of days with the flu, I'm glad to see everything is going well for everyone.

Dgemini:

I know your Cat will never be the same, so if it helps (post accident experience), try to get used to it like it's a new car to you. It might help, psychologically, of course. :^)

Gear changes:

I keep my revvs around 3K if possible. Mostly for gas mileage reasons (nowadays), and because there always seems to be an endless supply of power from 3K rpm's. I do have to admit, getting back in it after just two days, that this car is really fine. Just as everyone here knows the V6 is just plain sweet. I really got to run 'er up today, too. There were only pockets of traffic ...
  • Options
    ferrywhistleferrywhistle Member Posts: 30
    I've noticed the same problem with 2nd gear and said something about here not too long ago. When the car is cold it's kinda hard to get it in 2nd, but once it warms up, it's fine. It should loosen up after more miles. A couple people said they ran into the same thing. If you scroll up a bit on the posts you should see it. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    malibumalibu Member Posts: 155
    Hello all!
    Another week of waiting down...hopefully next week my new baby will be here. The dealer is sticking to his ETA of next week. I hope so, my husband is getting tired of me driving his truck, and he's stuck in an old beat up delivery truck. Luckily he owns the business so noone cares if he uses it. I have been jumpy all day, when the phone rings I imagine it will be the dealer telling me to come and get it! I follow transport trucks on the freeway like I'm going to hijack them looking for her and the girl down the block in the cougar thinks I'm a stalker. STOP THE MADDNESS...Just give me my car!!! Whoever stated that patience is a virtue never waited for a cougar! Have a safe weekend all! check with you when I hear something.
    Lisa.
  • Options
    fish8fish8 Member Posts: 2,282
    I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I really have nothing to add but to say that I always look on the magazine rack for any hint of the Cougar. I always see cars like the Acura Integra and Celica in the mags, but no Cougar. What a shame!!!!

Lets get a mileage update from everyone:

Mine = 10,980. Almost time for another oil change.
  • Options
    andalaandala Member Posts: 1
    This may be an old topic but, hey, I am a new member.
    I just purchased my Cougar and after 4,000 miles, I am getting tired of the work needed to clean the bugs from the front bumper. I am not really a car bra type person and I like the look of the car as is, but I am considering it due to the work.
    I would be interested in your experiences with the companies out there. I found Colgan on this site.
    I read alot of the comments here, before I bought my car, so thanks to all.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    pattepatte Member Posts: 35
    My green cat is glossy and gorgeous once again. Thanks for the tips Jimbo! Meguiers it is. (My neighbor came out and asked why I don't drive it instead of washing it all the time...Granted, I've washed her twice and she doesn't even have 900 miles on her, but it's annoying when your neighbor catches you obsessing. Now that spring has officially sprung, I'm cracking open the garage and going for it.)

To all you 3rd gear turners, THANKS. I knew I wasn't the only one.

Oh, and more cougar adoration today. The teenager who carried my groceries out to the car went nuts when he saw the car. Asked what year, how much I paid and then asked if I'd be willing to take $5 or 6,000 for it. (Bummer; champagne taste on a beer budget.) Wouldn't it be great to be independantly wealthy and just say - "yeh, ok!" to a nice hard working kid!
This discussion has been closed.