Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Outback/Legacy Electronic & Lighting Problems

124»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I think it was more like 3, dyno tested. :D
  • azloisazlois Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    My car hit hard lost power thought transmission then hit hard again died would not start took battery cable off put back on started ran some then again same thing this continues can you help?
    Willl do this till battery completely grained. Dash lights abs battery and brake had all been coming on prior to this
  • azloisazlois Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    2002 subaru outback abs brake battery light started coming on and off alltogether the lights till while driving car hit hard lost power thought was transmission hit hard again slowly got off hwy car died man took cable off battery replaced and car started ran fine short distance. Then did same again. Put gound wire on battery and frame seemed to work but battery had been drained any suggestions alternator ok battery brand new ok
  • fmochriefmochrie Member Posts: 2
    Hello. Thanks for the reply. It was the alternator, it was less then 6 months old. and it didn't cost me anything to get it fixed.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Great! Yep, never presume that just because something was repaired recently, that you can eliminate that part from your diagnosis.
  • jd_24jd_24 Member Posts: 92
    Wow, tough read on that post.
    Even though you say the alternator is fine, I'll bet its the alternator. If its putting out less than around 13??? volts, its not enough. If its putting out too many volts it can fry the batery as well.

I had the samething happen with My 2001 outback. Break light came on first. Then after many miles of driving the other lights appeared, then finally the car quit running. New alternator and battery and life was good again.