Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Noises and Sounds

2»

Comments

• Options
    burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    With that many miles the belt tensioner or idler pulley could be getting weak. The chirping sound is quite often the belt slipping over the pulleys slightly. Turning on the A/C puts more load on it. Also the belt alignment should be looked at, a worn idler or tensioner pulley bearing can put it out of alignment.
  • Options
    ljwatkinsljwatkins Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: My TB makes a "chhh chhh chhh" noise between 30-50 mphs. Seems to come from front/drivers side. I have hit the 100,000 mile mark. Does anyone know what this could be and how we can fix it?
  • Options
    th6397th6397 Member Posts: 1
    Is it ki da like a dull hone kinda noise because my fathers Tb had the same kinda noise then it generated a kind of tingy noise to it while idling after he let the hone go without getting it checked id say it is something with the exhaust if I described what u are hearing
  • Options
    drolloffdrolloff Member Posts: 1
    I have the exact same thing with our 07, did you ever get it figured out, also can't get it to make that sound when we bring it in.
  • Options
    sean212sean212 Member Posts: 1
    My fiancé and I have a chevy trail blazer, I believe 03 04.. Im not real sure. very dependable, and works great. But here recently we noticed a knocking from what sounded like it was coming from a tire, and it only happened when we would turn left, or right, cant remember which one. But anyways, we kept driving it, because its our only vehicle to get to and from work. we have no choice. but since we kept driving it, its not just making the noise when we turn off now. it does it constantly when we drive. it vibrates the floor board on the drivers and passengers side. sounds like something is rubbing or knocking.. its in the front of the car!! just don't know what it is, what parts we need or how much it would cost.. It drives fine, it just makes a strange noise and we need to get it fixed before it really messes up permenantly. does anyone know what it could be? when I drive it, it feels like its the drivers side tire, and sometimes the stearing wheel is hard to turn.. any advice would help! thanks. - sean and Lindsey potter,
  • Options
    paperboy1996paperboy1996 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 06 trailblaizer that makes a slight ticking  noise with no rhythm to it. It only does it in drive with the vehical stopped it seems to stop while turning to the left but not when turning the wheel right. Anyone have any ideas? Had all differential fluids changed. Could it have anything to do with the front differential if its only happening while the vehical is at a complete stop?