Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Element Reliability Stats

no_clutterno_clutter Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in Honda
It feels like just yesterday when Honda came up with a new trend-setting vehicle named Honda Element in 2003. Element is no longer a new kid on the block, but a grown up "block". It's time to gather some reliability facts from those who have owned Element for some time. So, here I go first,

2003; EX-AWD-Manual Transmission; 75000 miles

Repairs:
V-Tech Controller Chip - ~$250 @ 60000 miles. (Covered under extended warranty)

I have no doubt my Element will drive strong until at least 200k miles.

Comments

• ragetsragets Posts: 63
    When I first seen this car in 2003 I thought that it was the weirdest looking car ever. and now 4 years later ................... I own one. I absolutely LOVE this car. It has to be the best car ever made. So versatile and functional. I have used it for camping, biking, and hauling so much that you wouldn't believe it would fit.

2007; EX- 4WD- Automatic Transmission; 7900 miles

No repairs (only had it a couple of months)

I hope to keep it for 250,000 miles.
  • 2007 LX 2WD MT 4200 miles

Too early to tell, but its doing fine. Had since last July.
  • 1951don1951don Posts: 6
    I just recently traded a 2000 CR-V and got a 2003 Element Ex. The Element has 120,000 miles on it but drives and runs like a charm. I paid $10,780 for it including paying of $5,700 on the CR-v. The E is an automatic. The CR-V had 113,000 on it and both have been great vehicles. The dealership had to replace the catalytic converter due to the "Check Engine" light coming on once I took it on the interstate, but other than that it's been great. It's got 225-70/16 Michelin LTXs on it and seems to ride very well. ;)
This discussion has been closed.