Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Honda Element Reliability Stats

no_clutterno_clutter Member Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in Honda
It feels like just yesterday when Honda came up with a new trend-setting vehicle named Honda Element in 2003. Element is no longer a new kid on the block, but a grown up "block". It's time to gather some reliability facts from those who have owned Element for some time. So, here I go first,

2003; EX-AWD-Manual Transmission; 75000 miles

Repairs:
V-Tech Controller Chip - ~$250 @ 60000 miles. (Covered under extended warranty)

I have no doubt my Element will drive strong until at least 200k miles.

Comments

• Options
    ragetsragets Member Posts: 63
    When I first seen this car in 2003 I thought that it was the weirdest looking car ever. and now 4 years later ................... I own one. I absolutely LOVE this car. It has to be the best car ever made. So versatile and functional. I have used it for camping, biking, and hauling so much that you wouldn't believe it would fit.

2007; EX- 4WD- Automatic Transmission; 7900 miles

No repairs (only had it a couple of months)

I hope to keep it for 250,000 miles.
  • Options
    tundradudetundradude Member Posts: 588
    2007 LX 2WD MT 4200 miles

Too early to tell, but its doing fine. Had since last July.
  • Options
    1951don1951don Member Posts: 6
    I just recently traded a 2000 CR-V and got a 2003 Element Ex. The Element has 120,000 miles on it but drives and runs like a charm. I paid $10,780 for it including paying of $5,700 on the CR-v. The E is an automatic. The CR-V had 113,000 on it and both have been great vehicles. The dealership had to replace the catalytic converter due to the "Check Engine" light coming on once I took it on the interstate, but other than that it's been great. It's got 225-70/16 Michelin LTXs on it and seems to ride very well. ;)
This discussion has been closed.