Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    rke1rke1 Member Posts: 3
    Did the price of Sienna go up over the last couple of months. I remember seeing < $30K price on XLE's (base FWD) but now its now listed as $30.7K
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter wants to interview a recent carbuyer who considered new and used, and decided on new because the deal was better. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Nov 17, 2010 with your brief story and your daytime contact info.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    edmunster1edmunster1 Member Posts: 3
    Floor Mats + cross bars

$294000 out the door.

Milwaukee area
  • Options
    dipperdipper Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your help. And it was not even end of the month sales number game played.

I was able to get very close to your price from Vacaville Toyota. I got everything you got but the crossbar ($112 extra installed) for $32500. I was not going to fight over that $112 difference with little resistance from their Internet Salesman.

I sent a quote request on their website. Got an email back with the options (minus crossbar) asking for $34225. I said I saw someone bought from their lot via Internet sales for $32500, and serious about buying from out of local area. They emailed me back and agreed on the above deal if I buy the one I saw on their inventory. They called me back in half an hour as well to confirm my interest. Talked to them and closed the deal right there.

Took me 2 emails and 1 phone call to get the right price. All done within 10 minutes. Thank you cad13 and Edmunds.com for your help in educating us to make car buying less stressful. :)
  • Options
    lev280lev280 Member Posts: 27
    I am assuming this does not include the TTL.
  • Options
    dzmddzmd Member Posts: 2
    Below are the details. They offer me the OTD price $29539. Please advise if it is good.Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----
    Model Description: FWD 8 PSGR Category ..........: G
    MECHANICAL & PERFORMANCE
    3.5L 6-Cyl DOHC 24V VVT-i Engine
    6-Speed ECT-i
    Electric Power Steering
    Vent Front Disc Brakes/Rear Disc Brakes
    17" 5-Spoke Aly Whls w/P235/60R17 Tires
    SAFETY
    Star Safety System Includes: Enhanced
    VSC w/TRAC, ABS w/EBD & Brake Assist
    Smart Stop Technology
    3-Point Seatbelts w/ALR & ELR Pass Belts
    Fr Seatbelt Pretensioners/Force Limiters
    Dr & Fr Pass Active Headrests
    Dr & Fr Pass Advanced Airbag System
    Dr & Fr Pass Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
    and Three-Row Side Curtain Airbags
    Driver''s Knee Airbag
    Energy Absorbing Collapsible Str Column
    Reinforced Steel Unitized Body
    LATCH(Lwr Anchor & Tethers for Children)
    for Outboard 2nd Row & 3rd Row Ctr Seats
    Child-Protector Sliding Door Locks
    EXTERIOR
    Dual Power Sliding Side Doors
    Privacy Glass on Rear Side Windows
    COMFORT & CONVENIENCE
    Cruise Control
    Eco Driving Indicator
    3.5-Inch Multi-Info Disp w/Backup Cam
    Easy Clean Fabric 8-Way Pwr Dr Captain''s
    Chair w/ Pwr Lumbar; 4-Way Front
    Pass Captain''s Chair
    Removable Easy Clean Second-Row
    Captain''s Chairs w/ Stowable Center
    Pass Seat & Tip Up & Long Slide
    60/40 Split & Stow 3rd Row Seat
    Tri Zone Air Conditioning
    w/ Individual Temp Settings
    AM/FM/MP3 CD Player, 6 Speakers, XM w/
    90 Day Trial, Aux Audio Jack,
    USB Port, BT Wireless Tech
    Power Windows w/Auto Up/Down, Jam
    Protection & Retained-Power Features
    Retail Total
    Vehicle Base Model .........................:$ 28900.00 $ 28900.00
    50 State Emissions ........................
    Towing Prep Option: ....................... 220.00
    Includes Engine Oil Cooler, Larger .........
    Radiator and Fan ..........................
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector ...... 324.00
    PREFERRED OWNER''S PORTFOLIO ................
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ..........................: $ 544.00 $ 544.00
    Destination Charge .........................: $ 800.00
    TDA ........................................:
    Gasoline ...................................:
    Dealer Holdback ............................:
    Whsl. Financial Reserve ....................:
    ---------
    Total ......................................: $ 30244.00

----------------------------------------------
  • Options
    How much is TTL in your area?
  • Options
    dzmddzmd Member Posts: 2
    Please advise
  • Options
    mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    As the previous poster said...depends on the tax in your area...we are assuming that when you say 'OTD' that means rolling out of the dealer lot...including tax, registration, fees, etc...if the 29xxx number is WITHOUT all of those, then I would keep on looking...again...depends if its 3% like here, or 6/7/8/9 % elsewhere...
  • Options
    ed108ed108 Member Posts: 39
    When posting prices paid, I think it would help everyone out if you didn't give the OTD price. Instead just give the price of the car/van paid excluding any fees/taxes.

If tax, title, registration, etc is included. Those numbers vary so widely between areas that it's hard to make an apples to apples comparison. $30K OTD could be $27K price and $3K taxes/fees in City/State 1. That same $3K in taxes/fees could be $300 in City/State. Someone in CIty/State 1 reading that someone else got OTD for $27,300 thinks the offer he/she got for $30K is a rip off. In fact it's the exact same deal.

That being said I'm looking at an XLE AWD. Anyone recently purchase this and what did you pay (before any taxes, fees, or trades are included).

Thanks.
  • Options
    odesseyodessey Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the help on this forum. Purchased 2011 Sienna LE with DVD 8 passenger.

Got quote from truecar.com, which is $750 less than invoice.

Out of door $29500 at Rockhill, SC
  • Options
    mcsjmcsj Member Posts: 7
    Just picked up my Predawn Gray Mica 2011 Sienna XLE (8 passenger) from Vacaville Toyota on this past saturday. Here are the options which I also got:

Roof rack crossbars, carpet floor mats with door sill protectors, Navigation package.

Price: $32,500 plus fees. This is a excellent price and is about $700 below invoice price.

I received complimentary 2 yr maintenance warranty from Toyota. Then I also purchased another 2 yrs maintenance for $440. So now I have 4 yrs total maintenance warranty.

The finance person then offered me a extended service warranty of 7 yr/75K miles for $1380. When I declined their offer saying that I didn't feel I needed it, he left the room for a few minutes then came back saying his manager is going to give me a better deal and then offered me $980 for the extended service warranty. It only turned out to be a additional $18 in my monthly payment, so we took the offer. So the trick is to first decline their offers. They will then play the game of leaving the room for few minutes to ask their manager for better deal then come back to try to get the buyer to take the offer.

My salesman from vacaville toyota is the best one that I've met and dealt with. He was always professional and paid attention to my needs and was never pushy or gave me any headaches in the negotiation process which consisted of email only. I highly recommend vacaville if you are close to the area.
  • Options
    dipperdipper Member Posts: 4
    I got same thing as you in Vacaville on Saturday too. I just did not get the crossbar for that price. But I got the 8yr/75k warranty for $870 first offer. I could have do better if I bought from out of state dealer. Decided to give them the extra money for not playing games.

It feels good that we don't feel like we got ripoff coming out of the dealership. :)
  • Options
    nlynn1nlynn1 Member Posts: 1
    Looking to buy &#147;loaded&#148; AWD limited in NY state and receiving quotes of ~$500 over invoice. The more I investigate the AWD Limited, the more I wonder if it is worth it since AWD precludes the power third row and all the nifty safety gadgets (radar cruise, PCS, VDIM, HAC). So, correct me if I&#146;m wrong, the difference between a loaded AWD limited and a loaded AWD XLE is the second sunroof, wood steering wheel, HID lamps, memory seats, power exterior folding mirrors and rain sensing wipers. I&#146;m thinking these items probably don't justify the added ~6k over the XLE. Am I missing something? Also, are there any thoughts on the run-flat tires that come with the AWD? I know in the past these were an issue, but now they&#146;ve supposedly been redesigned. Finally, if I dump the AWD I can get the regular tires, safety gadgets and power 3rd row, but I live on a very steep hill and get a fair amount of snow in the winter. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    jcsiennajcsienna Member Posts: 7
    I don't think Limited is worth the premium over. I have AWD XLE and to me it functions just fine as a 'luxury' minivan. Unless Limited comes with power 2nd row seats to help you get in and out of the car (which it doesnt) I just don't see the need to spend the premium. But AWD is a must in north east winter, have seen too many FWD van struggled or span out of control on the snow...hope this helps.
  • Options
    zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
    I am looking at the XLE with NAV but without the DVD system (my kids watch enough tv!). I have gotten a few different quotes- mostly around $33500, including tax/tags and dealer fees (does this seem fair?). This will be my 3rd Sienna- and I love the car! However, anyone have any idea about lease payments? How can I figure what this should be in a lease so I can figure out what the monthly fees will be. I don't trust the dealerships. Thanks!
  • Options
    cbad14cbad14 Member Posts: 6
    Is your 33,500 for XLE, NAV & AWD? I'm assuming this price is before dealer doc fees, tax and tag. Please clarify.
  • Options
    Well, I went to the dealership today and after 4 hours of negotiating and waiting I left. We had agreed on a price and payment (505 a month including tax, tags, etc). That price included the last 7 months of the sienna i have now. However, after signing everything on the last page I noticed that they had 12k miles a year and not 15k. I said no way - I even asked about getting more than 15k miles a year so how could they figure it at only 12k. Suddenly everything changed- they were willing to go down to 499 a month but not increase to 15k miles a month. I was just so pissed that I had been there for 4 hours and that they would try and switch things at the last minute. And...this is my 3rd car from them! I actually left. I think they were shocked that a woman could stand her ground but I felt like it was so rude to switch at the last minute. Ugh! Now I am going to look at the town and country tomorrow. Hopefully with better results.
  • Options
    nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Glad you stood your ground and walked out.

Now, just look at the town and country. Too many issues. Keep looking at Sienna maybe at another dealership or consider Honda.
  • Options
    jason9843jason9843 Member Posts: 5
    How much should I expect to pay in order to be a good deal?
    Invoice is $30,861. How much below the invoice considers a good deal?
    What kind of the game will they play? Appreciate if anyone can help.
    I'm in NYC.
  • Options
    Which state did you get it then?
  • Options
    I didn't get it yet. I need to know what number should I expect to pay them. I'm in NY. 5 borough.
  • Options
    soljosoljo Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    Just purchased silver 2011 XLE FWD w/Premium Package in LA, CA on 11/27/10. Here's the breakdown (including floormats with window sill protector, roofrack crossbars):

MSRP $39,919
    Invoice $35,333 (this price does not include floormats and crossbars)
    Deal $35,950
    OTD $40,023

The floormats and cross bar MSRP is $500 so I got it down to couple hundred dollars over invoice for the vehicle. Loving the car!
  • Options
    Thanks- I bought the car yesterday also. I got the XLE with just the NAV. This is my 3rd Sienna. I can't remember my final price, but it was just about $34000. I do love the car, but many of the features that were in both of my old XLE's are not in this car. I didn't realize it and I am quite disappointed. I now realize that they put these features only in the Limited. It was my fault for not trying everything- but I just assumed they were there. I called Toyota to complain but they didn't really care :(. If I could I would return the car and get the Limited or look at something else.
  • Options
    What specific features are NOT included?
  • Options
    Thanks for a very informative post.
  • Options
    soljosoljo Member Posts: 2
    zzmmmommy is right. There were features I thought would be included on XLE (assumed on higher-end trims would be standard), that weren't. The 2 main ones are NO automatic headlights, NO programmable memory seats/side mirrors (both available on Limited). Even with manual headlights, at least it shuts off automatically within 30 seconds of killing the engine and opening the door so it doesn't kill your battery if you forget to shut it off manually.

But it pretty much has everything else. Love the Smartkey. This should come standard on ALL vehicles.
  • Options
    tc333tc333 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. I got a similar price ($32,685) for 2011 XLE with Navigation from Vacaville last weekend. It has crossbar and floor mats. Very easy to deal with. Negotiated everything by emails and phone calls and just signed paper work there. I did not take the warranty offer and there was no push back. Well worth the 2-hour drive from Bay Area.
  • Options
    Mostly the seats are different- and these are things I never would have thought to look at it. The driver side is not power (which has always been in my other 2 XLEs). The driver is not memory- which is an issue for me b/c my husband and I are always changing cars b/c I have 4 kids. The middle row seats don't move as easily as they did with the other XLEs. Before it was an easy latch/lever. Now, the car seats can't be in the car in order for them to move. Which can't happen with me b/c of my younger kids sitting up front. Seems stupid but w/ 4 kids running in and out of the car it always made life easier that the seats just moved up and back very easily. Now they don't.
    Also - the lights are not auto. Lastly, the doors don't beep when left open. Again- seems silly but I am just used to the door beeping when I put it in drive and one of the kids forgot to close it. Doesn't happen now-

A feature that they changed ALL together which is so annoying is the key remote. Now you have to hold and push for the doors to open. It used to be just one quick push. I am guessing this is some kind of safety feature- but it is annoying! Not a deal breaker but just a difference from my other 2 XLEs.

To be honest, my other XLEs had some luxury features that they took out of this one (wood stearing wheel). I LOVE the drive of the car- still my favorite mini van but I def. would have opted for the Limited due to the power seats.
  • Options
    mdbadgermdbadger Member Posts: 1
    Bought our first Sienna last week at Smart in Madison, WI. Went with the XLE with only the floor mats and protected sills. MSRP $33509. Fitzmall has it for $30187 and ZAG was $30480. Got it for $29,999 +$150 fee and t&t.
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats, plus you can say you paid "under $30k!", LOL.
  • Options
    novice27novice27 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased In Massachusetts (near Boston).

2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD (20 miles)
    Includes Both Premium Package and Convenience Package
    Includes Remote Starter
    Include Roof Rail Crossbars
    Includes 3 sets of Wireless Headsets
    Includes Carpeted Floor Mats
    Includes Plates and Registration

MSRP is $46,780; including delivery fee

Paid: $42,000
    Excludes taxes only

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    leighann4leighann4 Member Posts: 3
    First off, thank you to everyone for posting, I used alot of the prior info to make a decision on what to buy(and what to pay). I ended up with the SE version...as I did not need NAV or RES (all kids had own portable DVD players and we had Garmin). Plus I liked the look and drive of the SE.. This van replaced my 1st generation 98 Sienna(well, not really, I couldn't bear to part with it, it's still kicking with 210,000 miles on original engine!)
    Ended up with PreDawn Mica color with Preferred Package, towing package, moonroof, floormats with sills, & roof rail cross bars. MSRP was 34,684 . Paid 31,414 +TTL (this varies by area of country, but here>>was OTD right at 33,000)
    I have been very happy with van so far, of course, there a few suggestions I could make to the Toyota designers, but overall is great!!
  • Options
    tmanitmani Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a quote of 35350 which is 600 below invoice. Is this a good price ?
  • Options
    cbad14cbad14 Member Posts: 6
    Go to Fitzmall.com to compare pricing. They post their Internet prices and I've used it to help with determining what price I should pay. Make sure they are quoting you a price after all fees. Many times dealers will quote a price without the doc fee which can range from $300 to $600. I would also recommend getting at least three quotes from local dealers if you have more than one dealer in your area. Email the Internet Dept's and tell them the exact configuration you're looking for. Don't be afraid to walk out of the dealership when your ready to buy if you don't get the price you want. I walked two weeks ago and by the time I got home they had already called me back and lowered their last offer by $300. Good luck.
  • Options
    mboyapatimboyapati Member Posts: 1
    just got a 2011 sienna awd limited with convenience, premium package, roof rack, cargo organizer, carpet,and door sill protector for 41900. msrp was 46,443. good deal?
  • Options
    jabcjabc Member Posts: 20
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Have not checked the forum for a whie.
    Looked like not many people are interested in SE.
    Even though it's the best looking and handling van !

OTD is mostly MSRP + Tax and Liscence Fee.
    Destination Charge should be included in the MSRP already.

Hope you get an SE, too.
  • Options
    Congratulations for the purchase.
    Same color as ours. :-)
    It's the best color for SE IMO.

Although your sales price is slightly higher, your OTD price is better.
    Well, California's high tax rate sucks !
  • Options
    Sorry.

OTD is Sales Price + Tax, etc ..........
  • Options
    kshethksheth Member Posts: 4
    I live in WA too and would like to know if you purchased this van? What price you paid? could you send me exterior,interior package added for Toyota Sienna LE AWD?
  • Options
    I live in WA and would like to know what was the title transfer/tag/tax on top of it for your 2011 Toyota Sienna AWD? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hey, I live in WA and want to know the breakdown of your price. What was invoice? What you finally paid for? what's added accessories? What warranty you go got and finally what was Title transfer/tag/tax and out of the door price?
  • Options
    dukevadukeva Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    We want to buy a XLE AWD. Just check on American Expression, it quotes $34,795 for all of the above plus wheel locks. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    Hey, How did you get this deal? Could you provide details of it?
  • Options
    pillowheadpillowhead Member Posts: 5
    $30,600

$500 debit card back from the twitter deal, $55 doc fee + TTL, Northern California

coulda saved a few hundred more if I wanted to wait for one to be built but this was last one around in the color Momma wanted,
  • Options
    dukevadukeva Member Posts: 6
    Get quote for 2011 XLE + Premium Pkg

Price: $33,900
    Destination fee: $800
    Processing fee: $389
    Plus Tax + Tags

Dealer: Springfield Toyota, Virginia
  • Options
    naughtycanaughtyca Member Posts: 22
    hello, im looking for just a LE FWD 8seater with sliding door and backup camera, how low can i get from your experience price wise

thanks for sharing
  • Options
    5spdsolara5spdsolara Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer did you buy this from? I would be interested to pick one up right away!
  • Options
    siennavansiennavan Member Posts: 2
    Did you get floor mats, roof rack, anti-thef system, or any option with that price. Can you share the name of the saleman?

Thanks
  • Options
    siennavansiennavan Member Posts: 2
    Can you share the dealership name?