Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Prelude 1997-2002

Comments

• Options
    lulu9lulu9 Member Posts: 154
    I am very sorry to hear that you had to go through all that--with the guy yelling and using expletives after you asked if he was O.K. and apologized. (Actually, he sounds like my former boss!) That says a lot about you as a person--all 31 years old--that you had the wherewithal to maintain your dignity and composure. I know you can't (or won't) say it, but I will. While your dad's comment is right on (fathers do have a way with words, don't they?), I hope you don't mind if I follow up by adding, "AND YOU HAD TO HIT A JERK." Because that's my immediate thought.

Ugh! Plus, having this happen going into Memorial Day weekend is yucky.

I'm with you in wanting all genuine Honda parts.

Is there a point where you might consider going through your insurance company--at least to fix your car if it turns out to be fairly costly? I realize that multiple factors play into our insurance rates. If you've got a good driving record, have been with your company a while, and have few--if any--claims, perhaps your rates won't increase. It's all a crap shoot though. (BTW, I see the whole auto insurance industry as a form of legalized extortion anyway...but I won't "go there" right now.)

Gosh, it is quite sobering to be reminded how much body damage 5 MPH can cause. Jeez!

I will keep my fingers crossed in that everything works out and that, in a few weeks from now, this will all be behind you.

What are you doing/planning to do for transportation in the interim?

Take care! Going forward, let's hope that this guy is not as big as a jerk (can I write "[non-permissible content removed]"?) as he sounds.
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437
    "So you hit an idiot in training to be a moron?"

I've got my own beefs with the auto insurance industry myself.

I'll have to get the estimate to see if I'll go through insurance or not.

Accidents never happen on a "level" playing field where everything is equal. He was braking which caused his car to dive in the front and lift up ever so slightly in the back. My Prelude is low to begin with and I was hard on the brakes causing my car to dive in the front. So that's why the damage on my car is much more serious than on his.

We actually road to his body shop together yesterday and it turns out he's actually a pretty decent guy. He apologized to me for losing his temper.

My car is 100% drivable. I'm going to keep driving it until I get it fixed.

Again, thanks for your concern! Have a happy & safe Memorial Day!

We've got a wedding to go to in Jersey so I won't be able to chime back in until Monday!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    timothyawtimothyaw Member Posts: 148
    I'm very sorry to hear about your minor fender bender! I'm glad you're OK and there were no other injuries. Fortunately, it seems like your Prelude sustained only cosmetic damage.

And it's good you specifically asked for genuine Honda parts, otherwise they would have used aftermarket ones. Well I'm glad you're alright, your car will be like new in no time.

How was everyone's Memorial day weekend? Mine was quiet, uneventful.
  • Options
    asked how I wanted to proceed in fixing the car. He asked if I wanted to do it cheap or... before he could utter another word I said "No, I want it done right using only genuine Honda parts."

I've got to call him to get the estimate tomorrow.

Memorial day weekend was great! We went to a Wedding in New Jersey. We had my son dressed up in a Tux. He was too cute for words. We did a decent amount of driving, but in my wife's Protege. It is still pretty tight for a car that's going to be 7 years old in a couple of weeks and has well over 85,000 miles!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Oh, how adorable!

When it comes to maintenance, cars are like humans in so many ways. Generally speaking, if you maintain your body/car, your body/car will take care of you and provide years of reliable service. I'm sure your wife's 7-year old Protege has had the necessary oil changes, tune-ups, etc.

My father has an '89 Accord (it has just about 100,000 miles on it now) that is my parents' "whatever" car. Growing up, in addition to my parents each having their own car, we always had an additional car (or two) for "whatever." It's a funny thing--my father with cars. If a car is old but running solidly, he'll just keep it because you just "never know." And he's right. For instance, when my car was totalled this past December, I drove around in Dad's extra '89 Accord. I drove it everywhere for about six weeks, which gave me all the time in the world to find another car without any additional stress. (This saved me from having to rent a car as well.) I could have kept the Accord if I wanted to (the price was right--as in free), but, being the materialistic girl that I am ;) , I wanted something (much) nicer. Actually, the car is in fantastic shape. So, yeah, I did learn a thing or two from dear old Dad.

I have heard that body shops will use after-market parts unless you specify OEM. I have also heard stories about insurance companies refusing to pay for OEM parts. Yuck! It will be interesting to read your next installment.

Also, I was quite heartened to read that the man apologized when you drove with him to the body shop. That must have helped you feel a lot better.

Glad you had a great Memorial Day after all!
  • Options
    Timothy: When I read your height and weight, I had an image of a lopsided black Prelude :P as in all the weight being on the left side! I'm truly amazed. Yes, at 6'6", weighing 205 definitely makes sense for you. (Unless I wore heels, I would need a step stool to converse with you!)

I'm sure you must have been asked this a kazillion times, but did you play football in high school/college? With stats like these, what coach wouldn't want to recruit you???? Even if you were not a strong athlete, just being suited up could strike fear on the other team--especially if you played defense!

Perhaps you could ask your good neighbor across the street--the one who drives the nice new Acura TL--why he never took it upon himself to learn how to drive a stick! You can tell him that the girl on Edmunds wants to know! :confuse:

Well, it's definitely weird for me too--for a man not to know how to drive a stick. As you wrote, it's one thing to prefer an automatic, especially in mini-vans, SUVs, and family cars, but getting an automatic in a sporty car? Ick! That does absolutely nothing for my hormones!

There's also that "Damsel in Distess" element going on. What if there's some horrific Armageddon level situation, and the only vehicle available happens to be a stick? And the man I'm with (who's supposed to be my hero) says, "Oh no...I don't know how to drive this thing. Do you?" And off we go into the wilderness of ruins--with me, the heroine, behind the wheel. This is DEFINITELY NOT a satisfying ending! And if the future of mankind was dependent upon us, the last two survivors, well...think again! :P
  • Options
    An "uneventful, quiet" Memorial Day weekend sounds blissful to me! Our little office was closed on Friday as well, so it was wonderful to have four days off.

It took an hour and a half on Friday to have the new Michelins installed at Costco. I decided to just go for it and get the Pilot Exalto High Performance tire at $157 per. The first difference I immediately noticed is that the steering wheel turns a lot easier (Why? I have no idea!) and that road noise is reduced. Over the long weekend, I was able to try the car out in different driving situations, and I am amazed by the improvement. Wow! One of my friends has teased me about "turning into a guy" because tires is certainly not a typical topic of conversation among women--and spending that much on a tire? Edmunds has certainly been a growing experience for me!

Anyway, I'm pleased to report that driving 100 mph feels as smooth as butter on these tires, and this sensation inspires the confidence to go faster! Hell Yeah! Grip and handling are superb at faster speeds. Cornering: Actually, I feel like I'm in a different car--that's how much better these tires allow my car to perform. Now I've got tires that match my car's performance abilities/potential. Before I had tires that sucked, but I didn't realize how bad they were until I experienced the difference with these. Understandably, I know your priorities are different right now, Timothy, but as NYC said, experiencing a summer performance tire is such a wonderful treat. I hope that some day in the not-too-distant future you'll be able to experience the improvement too!

I worked on Saturday as I have a little "freelance" job helping a broker in Greenwich. He's a complete nut (though in an endearing way), and a lot of the time, I can't even consider it "work" in the traditional sense. He's a single guy, makes a ton of money--and loves spending it--and needs help with staying organized because he buys so much--and does so much. And that's where I come in. As an example of what I might do, he just bought a home, and one of the things I helped him with on Saturday was to decide what to throw away in his garage. Yes, I really do get paid for this. :P Many of the things I help him with are areas in which a wife/girlfriend would opine...like picking out ties for the next 90 days while his new house is being gutted--and he's staying with a friend in the interim--so most of his personal effects are in storage. Or helping him decide on the leather color of the interior of his new Mercedes. (That took an hour.) So it's always more of an adventure helping him out because I never know what he's going to need assistance with. And more often than not (because he's Italian) he "can't think" until he eats first. So we end up eating first (always at a nice restaurant). Sometimes, by the time we're done, he's then too tired to think because his day was so long. So that's all for the evening! And I go home, yet he pays me for my time. (I need a blog to talk about this job. As I like to say, real life is always stranger than fiction.)

Saturday night I went to a friend's cook-out, had a great time, but woke up on Sunday with a food hangover because I ate so much! Sunday was more of the same at my parents. Yesterday was just a day to completely unwind--thank goodness. Mercifully, I found my way back to the gym this evening as I didn't work out for two entire days and consumed an enormous amount of food.

All in all, a fun, interesting, and relaxing weekend.
  • Options
    It's good to see you came up from the table this weekend lol, sorry had to get that one in on ya ;) So you drove your dad's accord around while you were shopping for another car, that definitely makes things a lot easier as you said. The Accord he has is one of the good ones, if I was him I'd NEVER let that one go. These newer Accords are so bloated and heavy it's a totally different car.

Ahh I'm so jealous of you two with your great summer tires:P Yeah I STILL have the crappy ones that came with the car. Although it is time for some new tires, but it'll have to wait. I decided to book a trip to Berlin this fall, my two great loves cars and traveling. Sometimes it's hard to choose. In my current situation, it's one or the other. I'll get some proper tires for the Prelude some day. I'm driving my Integra now, it gets better gas mileage than my Prelude. At $3.75/gallon every little bit helps.

As far as sports, since I am 6'6" I get asked a gazillion times do I play BASKETBALL! Since I live in Indiana and Reggie Miller played here, I get stares all the time with people thinking I'm him. It's hilarious I tell ya. When I was in L.A. this spring, I guy on the freeway asked me if I was Reggie Miller! He lives out there now. I enjoy the attention of being tall, it's wonderful lol. And the funny stares I get getting out of my small honda's, priceless :)
  • Options
    So your response begs an answer to the question EVEN MORE! Do you--or did you--play basketball or football? With a build like yours, it's a natural assumption. Based on the picture you posted, you do resemble Reggie Miller...come to mention it! Have you ever been tempted to pretend that you really are (and sign an autograph :P )? Being tall gets a lot of attention because stature creates an energy field. And women like tall men! ;)

The gas prices are awful. The price you posted is more than it is here in CT, which is surprising because the cost of living in this area is so high. I think it's such a smart move that you created a set-up in which you can alternate cars, depending on "conditions" (like my Dad!). My parents' third car--the '89 Accord--really saved the day for me. My father had new tires and a new exhaust installed to ensure that I didn't experience another unfortunate mishap. I will tell him what you said about never letting it go! It is really a solid, reliable automobile--especially good to have in the event of an emergency.

Of course you get stares when extracting yourself from your Hondas. That must be a scene! (I would stare too!) When you first posted your height, I thought it was a typo. Seeing is believing though.

Traveling (adventure) is at the top of my "What Makes Me Happy" list. I think that's great that you're visiting Berlin in the fall...a city that has been in the process of a cultural renaissance. It's a very hip and cool city. Isn't it wonderful to have something exciting to look forward to?

I understand completely...it's always a dilemma about spending money on extras. And there are so many extras and life is so short!!

You wrote about the newer Accord that it's "bloated and heavy--a totally different car." Yeah it is--with boring lines. But that is also exactly the way I felt after eating my way through the long weekend! :blush: Now I'm in recovery mode. Ugh!

I think that most people have a resemblance to someone famous. The fact that you look like Reggie Miller is pretty funny. So if you're not getting attention for being Reggie Miller, you're getting attention for being tall!

NYC: What famous person do you resemble?
  • Options
    as I had originally thought. I called the body shop today that will be fixing my car and the owner told me $1200 to fix everything. I told him as long as the car looks PERFECT when I pick it up than that's a very reasonable price. I'll be dropping my car off Monday June 11th. It will take a few days for him to fix my Prelude like new again.

Given that I have a very high deductable ($1000), I'm not going to file a claim with my insurance company and just pay the guy cash to fix my car.

Insurance companies have it written in their policies that they have the right to use aftermarket parts to fix your car. A good way around this is if you ever have an accident, bring the car to the body shop of YOUR choice. Assuming you know the owner, just have him argue with the adjuster that he NEVER uses aftermarket parts because they never fit right.

My sister's first car was a 1995 Honda Accord EX Coupe. She went to college a The University of Hartford. Hartford being the wonderful "up and coming" area that it was, somebody stole the car right out of the campus parking lot. They find the car 3 days later with only the doors, trunk, rear quarter panels, and rear bumper on 4 steel wheels. The insurance adjuster comes out and says they're going to fix the car because there is only $8,000 damage. My Dad was FURIOUS and asked how could that be? The adjuster said they would be using aftermarket parts to fix the car. My Dad shot back that the parts STOLEN from the car were geniune HONDA PARTS and the reason they were stolen is because they are so DAMN expensive. The insurance company pulls the usual corporate "we're sorry, but that's our policy" routine. My Dad says fine, no problem. He pays to have the car towed from the salvage yard to the HONDA DEALER and calls the insurance company to tell them Honda is going to fix the car. Once they got word of that, they sent a supervisor over to the dealership. She drove around the side of the lot where my sister's cxar was and declared it TOTALLED without even getting out of the car. Proof that Hondas hold their value though. My parents bought that '95 Accord as a leftover when the '96's were just coming on the lot. It stickered for about $21K and they bought it for $18K. 3 years later after it was stolen, the company gave them $14,500 for the car.

• Options
    Yeah I've actually toyed with the idea of keeping either my wife's Protege or maybe my Prelude as a spare car. By the time I'm ready to buy a new car for my wife, the Protege will be worth next to nothing. If it still runs well, I might keep it around as a city beater or something.

As long as it keeps running well, the Prelude might make a great 3rd car as well. If my next ride is some RWD powered machine, then I might keep it as a winter car.

Whow knows?

I did see a Galaxy Grey Honda Civic Si sedan yesterday that was really nice:) I'd take those DOHC-i-VTEC stickers off the side the first day though!

• Options
    Glad to hear that NYC. Yeah $1200 is a good deal for using genuine Honda parts. It's only logical to go ahead and pay for it out of pocket since your deductible is $1000. I think this situation will turn out just fine, with a sparkling, clean Prelude.

I've always had multiple cars and it comes in handy. I had to replace the clutch in my Integra a few months ago. No worries, just hopped into my Prelude and didn't miss a beat! Even though my Integra is no beater, I'd rather drive it in the winter than my Prelude. Another definite plus.

I did play basketball in high school. I did not play in college though. And I rarely play now, every blue moon. You are right, my type of build you do see a lot of players in the NFL as well as the NBA. Most of the tall players on the NFL are receivers, one notable exception Super Bowl Champion Peyton Manning! He's 6'5" but 240.

Like I mentioned I do get the Reggie thing a lot. But, one thing that is a huge difference; my teeth are nice and STRAIGHT! lol. Never understood that about him. There was a very young boy in my neighborhood once that always thought I was Reggie. He asked me to sign an autograph. I did it for him, he was so happy he ran into the house and showed his mother. The only time I've done that.

Sounds like you've been to Berlin, how was it? It is nice having something to look forward to. I do change planes in JFK, pleaseeee no issues on the day I fly out :P I try not to fly out of NYC when I can for that reason.
  • Options
    $1,200? I am very surprised it's so low...especially with Honda parts--plus that headlight has got to be expensive. You must be extremely relieved that this ordeal is not going to cost both an arm and a leg.

My opinion of the auto insurance industry and their business ethics/practices is low, low, low. The fact that they can get away with what they get away with just goes to show how much political clout they have with policy makers. (There's lots of lubrication in the form of $$$ going on. :mad: ) Unfortunately, the way our society is set up, they're a necessary evil. As I wrote, I see them as legal extorters.

So your anecdote about how your father dealt with your sister's Honda had a very satisfying ending. My thoughts go to the folks out there who aren't very savvy and get "raked through the coals" (another Dad saying).

That's such a relief that the estimate is only $200 higher than your deductible, so you can side-step your insurance company.

Your car will probably look better afterward because the front bumper will be new, right?
  • Options
    As mentioned, I grew up in a household where my father always kept a spare car or two. If a car ran fine (it was just "old" from a fashion standpoint), it was still perfectly serviceable and invariably came in handy. Property taxes are low, and so is insurance.

As you said, your wife's Protege would be next to nothing in the car market--a few thousand dollars? Yet, it would make a great winter car, and you would have something totally reliable in the event that you needed an extra set of wheels. I see the Prelude as "a keeper" (to quote Timothy) because it's a great car--and always will be. :shades:

Yeah, what's up with those silly stickers?
  • Options
    Lulu9: Congrats on your new shoes! I'm glad you see the light and really enjoy those Pilot Exaltos! Tires are the best modification one can make on ANY car! WOW, triple digits! My Prelude hasn't seen that in a long time. It is a rare happening when I hit 90. I spend most of the time between 70 & 75.

It actually works out for me that the bumper needs to be repainted. It has lots of rock chips. I'm just a little nervous using a new body guy, but he comes very highly reccommended.

I've been told numerous time I look like "Ross" from "FRIENDS."

• Options
    So you have a resemblance to David Schwimmer? I would have never guessed that! (How could I?) Oh that's so funny! It's always fascinating to finally meet (or see) someone with whom you've been corresponding or with whom you've gotten to know over phone through work/business. I had a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT image/idea! "Ross" as you call him has a very "nice guy/solid guy" look to him, so you must too.

From a demographics standpoint, it's interesting how the qualities of the Prelude attracted three owners from completely different backgrounds. The one thing I know we have in common is (very) good taste! :shades: And we're fastidious about our cars.

I know you guys will laugh when you read this--go ahead it's o.k. :blush:--but there is actually a short list of celebs I apparently look like. Some I agree with in that I can understand their comparison.

For starters, in no particular order, my father (of all people) agrees that I look like the actress Rachel Weisz. Or, rather, that she looks like me, especially in her last film The Constant Gardener. I can kinda/sorta see that.

Then we have the Madonna camp. I will tell you guys that I do not look like her, but there are a few friends and even strangers who see a physical commonality. It’s actually quite embarrassing to hear strangers say, “Oh my God, you look like Madonna” (in grocery stores, restaurants...Metro North even). NO I DON’T!

After that we have Wynona Ryder. That I get… I can actually see for myself what they’re referring to (again, in a way) except a completely different hair style.

Yes...there’s more: I will also get Salma Hayak. I can kinda/sorta see that one as well with the hair style, nose, and eyes.

Finally, we’ve got Bernadette Peters, though she’s quite older—yet she looks absolutely phenomenal. (She does a lot of Broadway musicals—she’s been in two films with Steve Martin.) Completely different hair style and color, but this one I get as well, especially if you ever saw her films with Steve Martin in her younger years. Funny that I’ve had a few gay men ask if I am her younger sister as she used to summer here in Westport, and they saw her up close and personal on several occasions. And a former co-worker thought the resemblance was so uncanny that she thought I should enter a look-alike contest.

So whenever I get dressed up and go out, depending on my “look,” I will typically hear one of the above-mentioned celebs. Then why don’t I have a boyfriend? Because, as I have been reminded, all I do is work, work-out, and refinish kitchen cabinets...or other home improvement project du jour! (Well, being extremely gun-shy after my last experience has A LOT TO DO WITH IT.)

With the deer/animal population (and completely inept drivers), I would never attempt to go above 80 MPH on the Merritt. However, I seized the opportunity on my way back from my friend's cook-out on Saturday. I was returning on I-95; it was around midnight. There was a stretch of highway between Fairfield and Westport with few cars, and I didn't see any cops. SO I JUST WENT FOR IT as I couldn't wait to test my new tires at a high speed! I really couldn't believe how solid the road felt and how smooth the Prelude responded. (I actually did take the car up to 110 for a few moments :blush:.) Then I became paranoid again because the State Police Headquarters is off one of the exits I was about to pass. NOT A GOOD IDEA! (I can only imagine the amount of the ticket I would get for going that fast.) But while the fun lasted, I was over-the-top thrilled.

In my Pre-Edmund Prelude Forum days, I would have replaced these stock tires with an all-weather tire: end of story. Boy, was I naive! But that's one of the reasons I decided to participate in this forum. I knew I needed help! As a single gal, I wanted/needed support--out of respect for my Prelude. You guys have been really helpful and supportive--and TOLERANT AND PATIENT. So, yes, I have definitely "seen the light." Experiencing the dramatic difference that tires can make has turned me into a true believer!

Yes, getting your bumper repainted will help your car look like new again. I've already got a few of those (chips) on mine too.
  • Options
    In this day and age, if you were a teenager--and if you were our client :P --you would be "packaged" as an athletic recruit to an academically prestigious school. Absolutely! And you would have received scholarship money. Freshmen don't get to play much anyway, so even if you were not interested in playing your sport throughout college, you could get the scholarship money for the first year. But you would be in! See--that's the key phrase--getting in! Because once you're in, you're in. You can change your mind about any number of things. (Even top-tier schools do not require the same SAT scores from athletes as they do for everyone else. That's the reality--like it or not.) Athletic recruits, like beautiful women, really do get preferential treatment in that regard. So why not ride the wave if it's there to be ridden?

In other words, perhaps--just perhaps--you might have been "inspired" to play ball a lot more! ;) But the college process is an entirely different ball of wax these days.

I've always been amazed by the cardiovascular conditioning that's required to play full-court basketball. It must be a major work-out for you on those rare occasions when you do play!

I was quite touched by the fact that you signed an autograph for the little boy in your neighborhood. How sweet!

Sounds like one of three things going on with Reggie and his teeth. Theory No. 1 is that he's got a true phobia of dentists--just like John Madden has a phobia of planes and refuses to fly. So having crooked teeth is a minor trade-off to getting into a dentist's chair. Theory No. 2 is that no woman has ever been honest enough to say to him, "Honey, you would be so much more handsome if you got your teeth fixed." Women are often so enamored by rich, successful athletes that they wouldn't dare say anything too risky. Theory No. 3 is that he's too embarrassed/macho to get braces. But I did laugh when I read your observation about his teeth! So you do have something over on him!

Actually, the former boyfriend--the commitmentphobe--was an attache, representing one of our Federal law enforcement agencies, over in Berlin. He lived there for about six years in late 90's/early 2000. I have yet to go there myself though. You will have a wonderful time, even if you do have to fly out of JFK!
  • Options
    I-95 In CT is one of my favorite roads (as long as it is empty). The cars on that road move like it is nobody's business. My best friend who drives an '05 Pathfinder LE said he was driving behind an MB E-Class wagon going slightly under 90 mph (88 Miles Per Hour) in the left lane. Behind him was a Jeep Compass who was right on his rear end and actually moved into the middle and passed both cars!

I'm not knocking you for hitting the century mark at all. I'm proud of you!

I adore all the curves on the Merrit. Snaking through them in the Prelude is an art form.

Have you ever been to Ching's Table in New Caanan?

• Options
    I'm going to the Greenwich Concours D'Elegance car show this Sunday AM. It should be a nice showing of European cars from 1900 - Present.

• Options
    Small World:

1: Ching's Table is one of my favorite Asian restaurants, and I eat there frequently.

2: I work in the illustrious town of New Canaan.

Now that you mention it, the traffic flow on I-95 is quite intense and competitive, isn't it? If you get in the fast lane up here--you'd better move your _______ or get out of the way quickly! Just like the people who live here, it's definitely a "Type A" driving environment.

I don't worry about wildlife on 95 the way I do on the Merritt. Whenever I'm coming home on the Merritt in the evening, when traffic is light, I'm always on the look-out for deer. Actually, day or night, I'm on the look-out for deer--or another driver avoiding a deer. Yikes! As you experienced up close and personal, that's a huge problem. The curves on the Merritt definitely make for an interesting, enjoyable driving experience when traffic is moving--great for our Prelude.
  • Options
    That's a great event for car buffs such as yourself. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! The guy I freelance for goes to this every year. Plus, as you probably know, there are plenty of great places in town to get a bite to eat that are nyccarguy, jr. friendly. Let me know if you'd like a recommendation or two. If you're in the mood for something light (no major sit-down) like a cold refreshment and snack/goodie, Aux Delices on 3 West Elm (off of Greenwich Ave.) is a good choice. Another good choice is Meli-Melo on 362 Greenwich Ave. Both have delicious, healthy food that you can take out as well.

Have fun!

(Thank you for being supportive of my Prelude adventures!)
  • Options
    I'm supportive of your Prelude adventures as well, way to go! I'm REALLY wanting some performance tires now :cry: I think it's alright to do a burst of speed every once in a while, although its been a little while for me. And you went up to 110 mph WOW, that's cool :) I did 105 in my Integra earlier this year. I love the on ramps to freeways. I redline it in every gear and by the time I'm on the freeway I'm already at 90-95. I stay on it till 100-110 then back off. Like you, by that time I'm scared as hell a cop will see me and throw me in jail.

Oh I have TONS of speeding and cop stories. I'll tell this one about my Prelude. When I got this car, it was amazing (still is) to drive. The speed, the excellent shifter, the growl that happens when you hit VTEC, the amazing handling. You throw all those things in with someone that loves speed, and sooner or later I meet Mr. Cop. Anyway, I was on the freeway doing 90-95 (ok weaving in and out of traffic) but it felt good. I will stop and stay, although I love speed I am not a nut about it. Well I guess unknowingly I pass by this sheriff's cruiser. Sure enough he catches up to me and I pull over. I'm ALWAYS very respectful in those situations. Although I don't have to, but I'll put my hands on top of the steering wheel so that they can see I'm not in a threatening position. I roll down my window, and he just goes off, saying I should throw you in jail etc! I stay calm.
    Next he tells me to get out of my car! I'm like what the hell?? I do as he says. He then directs me to put my hands on the hood of his car and pats me down!! Right there on the side of the freeway, like I'm some criminal. He then gives me a reckless driving ticket :mad: Not finished yet, he has my relatively new Prelude towed to the impound lot. Of course I'm not happy about that. All kind of things can happen to your car in that situation. Another cop comes up, he's much NICER than this jerk. I'm about 5 miles from home. The jerk cop was going to leave me right there on the freeway. The nice cop I guess felt sorry for me and took me home. The NEXT day I pick up my car, thank goodness nothing happened to it. Long story short, I had to get a lawyer, go to court and had the reckless charges dropped. Turns out, this was a casual, part time sheriff. The ones that don't get paid, so I'm thinking he was just stroking his ego that day. Any interesting pull over stories in your Preludes?

Lulu and NYC you two have more what can I say, more luxurious lookalikes :P Although once a lady in a store said I looked like Denzel Washington. How nice of her to say that. I can't say I get that comment often.

You crack me up with the Reggie teeth issue. You're good, you're right on with the possible reasons on not getting his teeth fixed. It makes no sense to me not getting them fixed.

Speaking of paint chips on the hood; I can't remember if I mentioned this already or not, but I have a clear bra on my prelude. It makes a HUGE difference. I don't worry about chips on the bumper anymore. Plus, it's clear! You can barely see the line where it comes to about 1/3 the way up the hood. I have the front bumper, hood, side mirrors done. I highly suggest it. Unlike the regular bras, you don't have to worry about moisture getting underneath and messing up the paint etc. It last about 5-7 years. When it comes time to replace, it just peels off and you replace. In the northeast you have some really nice shops that do a professional job. But even Ziebart does a great job.
  • Options
    I found your Prelude Cop story very disturbing. I couldn't help but feel angry reading it. Unbelievable! Talk about an abuse of power/authority! What an awful predicament. He falls into the category of a deeply insecure man who unfortunately found his way into (unlawful) law enforcement through a part-time, non-compensated sheriff's badge. What a buffoon! I can't believe he had your car towed...what an outrage! Well, that's a classic "good cop/bad cop" ending in that the nice cop showed you a basic level of decency by driving you home--instead of abandoning you on a highway. Now that's reckless endangerment!

Although I do not have any compelling "speeding cop stories" to share with you and NYC (as yours was), I cannot resist "dishing" about some of my experiences with my ex-beau...who somehow keeps coming up lately. I apologize for that, but there is relevance. Obviously, I need to keep it generic. He is a Federal law enforcement agent who was a former police officer way back when. (Don't ask me how I ended up getting involved with a Fed...this is what happens when you go on blind dates :blush: ...I'm still scratching my head over this one.) Anyway,

When ever he took me out--his personal car was an A4 manual--he drove. (He was assigned a special government car that he used to commute into Manhattan that I was not allowed into.) First of all, he never wore a seat belt (not once, not ever) breaking the law right there as CT is particularly strict on that law. Of note, however, is that he never drove the speed limit. Not even close. I'm talking major speed infractions ALL THE TIME. Oh, and weaving in and out of traffic as if we're on a chase?? (I will say he was a highly skilled driver so driving with him was fun.) Still, I would call him on it regularly by saying, "Gee, aren't you breaking the law?" Imagine how differently you and NYC would drive your Preludes if you knew you could drive with complete impunity??? What a completely different driving experience--so much more freedom--you would be allowed to have. How fair is that? What you got pulled over for, Timothy, was an entrenched driving style for this man. Well, I quickly learned that--in the event he was pulled over--nothing would happen as he would just flash his badge, and that would be the end of it. But, still, I couldn't resist saying things like, "I think we're breaking the law again, Mr. Law Enforcement." :blush: There are other things that I can't mention here, but I will say that I don't look at cops/men in law enforcement the same way anymore. How could I? In fact, I have an entirely different perspective!

Back to Reggie: He definitely has a major issue of some sort going on with his teeth. In this day and age, with the advances in dentistry/cosmetic dentistry, coupled with our society's fixation on (or expectation of) nice teeth, it's a puzzlement that a man with such a high profile and economic status has not found his way to a dentist/orthodontist. Too bad we can't tell him what we think! But if he's got a phobia, which I suspect he might, then it does make sense because phobias are extremely difficult to overcome.

Still, being compared to a major pro-athlete in the looks department is not shabby by any means! (And being compared to Denzel even once is pretty impressive.) When I think back on my crushes, most of them were on pro-athletes, not actors. (A lot of actors smoke--and that automatically cancels them out! :P In fact, I still harbor a crush or two (or three!) on pro or former pro athletes, but I also know that, realistically, getting involved with a guy like that is a terrible bet in the relationship department with reference to fidelity. There's the fantasy--oh yeah--but then there is the reality!

I laughed out loud when I read your paragraph on paint chips and getting a "bra." What was especially funny is that you wrote it with a completely "straight face." I actually thought it was a strange typo until you typed it again. Is that what those things are called? Not "covers?" I always saw them as "covers" because to a woman, a bra really means "support." :blush: So in a man's world of cars, you really do (literally) "outfit" your car with shoes and lingerie! What a riot! Isn't that a form of cross-dressing?

No, I was not aware of any of this...the clear "bras" (oh, it's funny for me to even type) and such that offer protection against chips. Thank you for the tip! I will want to look into this, but there is NO WAY I can or will ask a salesman with a straight face--even over the phone--about getting a "bra" for my car. No way! Perhaps if NYC decides to get one, he can set it up for me too...so I don't have to utter that word. I can just drive to where ever and get it "put on." (Or is this something I would order on-line and put on myself?) It never occurred to me that I would need to have two sets of lingerie! :P
  • Options
    I actually have a bra for my car as well. I got the Prelude Bra from Honda way back when I bought my car some 5 years ago. I had this deranged, dellusional fantasy that I was going to be able to keep my Prelude perfect for the duration of my ownership.

It actually comes in 2 pieces, a Hood Bra (sometimes called a half bra) and the bottom part which basically covers the entire front of the car.

I think the politically correct term is "nose mask."

The Half bra is really easy to take on and off, but the lower part fits so snug and taut that it is really a pain in the rear end to take on and off. The half bra stays in my trunk and I'll put it on if I take my Prelude anywhere (which is never nowadays since it is my work sled only). The Lower part is somewhere at my parents' house.

• Options
    It was truly a great show. So many gorgeous cars. Even my wife enjoyed herself. First of all, I could have just sat at the foot of the exit ramp of I-95 and watched all the cars get off the highway. Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentlys...

Last week I was perfectly content on getting a Civic Si as my next car saying to myself that it would be all I need. After attending that car show, I'm going to have to find my way into a used Boxster or something really special when time comes for me to get a new car. This way I could keep the Prelude as my spare car!

• Options
    Glad you enjoyed the car show. I've never gone...seems that every year I'm unable to attend the weekend they have it. The fact that your wife really enjoyed herself is a wonderful endorsement though, enough to inspire me to attend next year perhaps. Thank you for sharing that!

That's amusing that you enjoyed the "car watching" as opposed to that other kind of watching.

I had my heart set on finding a Prelude. However, if I was unable to find a mint Prelude with low miles, Plan B was to consider the new Civic Si or a "pre-owned" BMW of some sort. Saying this though, I probably would have gone with the Civic Si knowing me--because I'm a huge Honda fan PERIOD (why mess with success?), and it probably would have been a better value at the end of the day. But those are the two options I would have looked into. As mentioned, I had my father's car and all the time in the world to shop around. It was kismet that the Prelude I imagined fell into my lap so quickly. Yes, I'm a material girl :blush:, but I try to balance that out with grounded, long-range planning.

I cannot think of a better way to pay homage to your Prelude when that time comes than to keep it as a spare car. Great plan! Yet, once you get your fender bender taken car of, it will look as good as new again!
  • Options
    All of this is just so funny to me. So now we're talking about bra and panties (based on your two-piece description).

It's a relief to know there is another term, "Nose Mask," that I can refer to without embarrassment. And these pieces are clear colored??

The the type that Timothy described sounds different from yours though...hmmm.

Why did you ask me about Ching's Table in New Canaan?
  • Options
    There was a jewelry designer tonight at the gym selling her pieces. She had a collection of pendant necklaces she called "Goddess Necklaces" because each pendant was a genuine antique charm from India that represented different Goddess (i.e., girl power) attributes. Too bad she didn't have a Goddess of home improvement inspired charm necklace! Or a Goddess of working out! (My new project, by the way, is re-painting my kitchen because I couldn't deal with it last summer--after I completed the cabinets.)

But I did appreciate your comment...it made me smile! Let's hope there's a man out there who also appreciates a Goddess of being a nice, compassionate, and sincere!
  • Options
    Well, Timothy and I actually have different kinds of bras. His is a "clear bra" - that's what is actually called which is affixed to the car semi-permanently. These have become increasingly popular over the past few years.

My Bra is the traditional black leather type that you see on many cars.

I was just asking if you've been to Ching's Table because it is a really great restaurant. The Ahi Tuna & Vietnamese Salad there are to die for.

• Options
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

This sounds quite interesting AND a lot of fun.

In my teens and 20's, I was heavily into biking. So much so that I totally burned myself out on the sport. For example, the summer of my senior year in HS, I spent with my best friend and her family, who moved out to So. Cal. after her father took a job there. That was my very first time to CA, and I excitedly boarded the plan with my sacred bike packed in a "bike bag"--as that was going to serve as my transportation. In addition to commuting on my bike to my job during my summer stay--a 15-mile commute each way either with or against the strong, dessert-hot Santa Anna winds--we would bike these steep, hair-pin canyon roads in the evening as a "competition" of sorts. My friend has three brothers, whom I also grew up with so I would compete with the clan for the reward--which was total respect for the evening. In the evening, we would ride up this one canyon road named "Black Cyn," which was this eerie back road that connected Simi Valley with San Fernando Valley. It was so steep and hair-pinned that it was permanently closed off to traffic at the top. Of particular note, which added to its eerieness was that one of the Manson murders took place at one of the residences on this road.

Out there, as you may know, canyon is abbreviated as cyn, but I knick-named it "Black Sin" because this road was also the most brutal pavement I had ever negotiated. So the competition was getting to the top (these are still 10-speed days) without having to get off your bike and take a break. A few times I won--because I was so determined--but at the expense of feeling nauseated--that's how physically spent I was. We timed it so we would get to the top at dusk. However, the real reward for making it to the top was two-fold: a breathtaking view of San Fernando Valley. We were so high up that we felt on top of the world. And the next reward was--and this is the crazy part--flying back down as fast as we could without losing control--and who could get to the base first! This is also pre-bike helmet days. God I was such a fearless chick! Sometimes, when I think back on the physical feats I put myself through (and this is just one example), I'm amazed that I'm not brain-dead in a long-term care facility. God--or some higher power--was clearly watching over me! One time, my friend's brother wiped out on the shoulder--in the brush--and because he was ahead of me, I came out of a hair-pin turn only to find him returning to the road carrying his bike. He was laughing while his knees and elbows were scraped pretty badly, but he was laughing so hysterically because he felt so foolish in his wipe-out that I laughed too! Those were the days.

Years later, right before I moved back to the East Coast, this same bike was stolen. :mad: That bike was such a part of me as we had seen so much together! It also served me well while I lived in San Francisco.

I have since to replace it, but the bike I want is pretty expensive. Every summer I tell myself to get back into it again, and yet another summer goes by without my doing anything about it. Treks are great bikes. The only I want is a Terry--high-end bikes customed designed for women. They're expensive. Considering the number of years my last bike served me, I see it as a solid investment. Yet, another summer is going by as I type this!
  • Options
    Ah, you two are too funny for me! You know it never occurred to me about using the term "bra", I unconsciously assumed you were familiar with it in the term of cars. I guess I am a pretty straight forward, tell it like it is kinda guy. Although, I know there is a time when not to be so in your face. There aren't too many things that embarrass me.

Lulu, I would think a clear bra would be a good investment. It's more expensive up front, but pays off over time in the fact that it keeps your front end looking like new.

Your ex cop beau story seems to be the way it is with law men, they drive like they are above the law. I see it all the time, a cruiser flying down the street with his lights on going through a red light, then once through he turns them off! Its like, what the hell? My lawyer told me that if anyone else would have pulled me over, I probably would have just got a speeding ticket; end of story. The reckless driving was a little extreme in that case.

I have have been pulled over so many times, I don't even get nervous anymore. I already have my license, registration, insurance ready when he pulls up to the car. I must admit though, out of the MANY times I have been pulled over; I have got off many times. Either they were off duty and didn't want to bother with the paper work, or just had pity on me lol. For a long time, I was averaging being pulled over about twice a year. And the first time was ALWAYS in the spring! When the roads are clear and I've been slushing around in the snow all winter, I ready to open her up :P

Here is a quick story for everyone. We all know how cops just LOVE to drive very slow on the freeway and back up all the traffic. Well this particular cop was going below the speed limit. I know what you're thinking; but let me finish my story...so I was thinking, hey I'll just S L O W L Y pass him by but doing the speed limit right? Ever so slowly I come up from behind; meanwhile no one else is backing me up here. I finally get right beside him, and just being in a nice mood and a beautiful day; I look over and smile at him and pass him by doing the speed limit mind you! Well low and behold, guess what happens shortly after I do that?? I see these flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I'm saying to myself, I really didn't do anything. So he comes up to my window, and in so many words says that I was trying to be a smart [non-permissible content removed]. I was like no sir, just going the speed limit. I was just smiling to be nice sir. He goes back to his cruiser, I guess checking my LONG list of driving infractions. He comes back and hands me my drivers license and tells me to drive safely. A sigh of relief. Lesson learned, don't pass a cop and smile!
  • Options
    Thank you for clarifying the different types of lingerie that are available for cars. So there are a variety of style choices here too...one piece, two piece...plus you can do leather or plastic wrap...whatever your preference! :P

I had no idea that Ching's Table has such a far reaching fan base. Not that you're far, but beyond the Norwalk-Greenwich (local) area. Ditto on the salmon, which is my favorite!
  • Options
    Your "cop stories" are too much! Oh my goodness...yet another Jerk Wielding a Badge. He pulled you over because he interpreted your smile as being a wise guy? Give me a break!

I laughed (sorry!) when I read that you actually have an established drill whenever you get pulled over--you're well-trained in what to do!

Maybe it's the part of the country where you live, i.e., the culture of law enforcement in your area, though there is definitely an extremely macho culture in law enforcement overall. Without a doubt, the field definitely attracts "High T" guys. It was very disconcerting going to dinner and a movie with a guy who carried a firearm!

Have you been "Cop Velcro" in other areas?

Along the NYC-Boston I-95 corridor, there are a lot of aggressive, Type A drivers--that's the driving "culture" here: Survival of the fittest...very Darwinian. As I wrote, this is a very competitive driving environment. You would blend right in!

Perhaps you should move to the tri-state area!

I will say: It would never occur to me to pass a cop and smile. When I pass a cop (going the speed limit), I just look straight ahead as if I'm oblivious to his presence.

I do have one other cop story to share, though it has nothing to do with driving. Several years ago, I was returning to my car from a store in a busy strip mall parking lot. Two police officers were hanging with their cruiser in front of one of the stores. One of them whistled at me as I walked by, one of those loud construction worker-type cat whistles. :blush: Unbelievable! (I was shocked!) So, apparently, a few of those who are in charge of protecting citizens also give themselves permission to embarrass them. With construction workers, it's o.k...you take it in stride...it goes with the territory. You almost wonder about yourself if it doesn't happen (as in "I must be having a bad hair" day)! But with a police officer? That's inexcusable.

How long has it been since you've been pulled over last? My point is: Let's hope you can build on your new-found success.

You don't sound like you're a crazy driver...just a guy who likes to drive.
  • Options
    Maybe it has been the areas I live in that make me "stand out" more so than the norm. I've lived in Alabama, Virginia, Missouri and now Indiana. I guess those areas are a little less rushed. When I've been to NYC, I loved driving there. I felt right at home. When I drive in Chicago, I do feel like I'm driving with like minded people!

I don't smile passing cops as a habit, it was just one of those times. And in our Preludes, you can get up to speed before you realize it. And when you're going 90 it certainly doesn't feel like it.

Well, (knock on wood)I haven't had a ticket in at least a couple of years. Mainly since my divorce. Lack of funds to put toward tickets :P So I've HAD to slow down on that fact and now the high gas prices. But one day once I get pass this divorce-money thing, hopefully I won't get pulled over so often.

You're surprised by police officers cat whistling at you? I'm not. They are suppose to be pillars in our community, and most are. But lately I've hear more being arrested themselves for DUI's and domestic violence. I guess there are bad apples in every group.
  • Options
    Out of the states in which you've lived, I would pick VA as the most progressive...the closer to D.C., the "better." Is that correct?

I gauge the "sign of the times" in any given region/state by women's hairstyles/hair-cuts as that basically tells me everything I need to know! There are some scary places out there! :P

So your divorce has forced you to be more conservative in your driving habits...congratulations on being ticket free! I think in CT, one's driving record automatically clears of most violations after 3 years. (Hmmm...something for me to check on.)

Speaking of getting up to speed before you know it, with these new tires, you can easily lose track of how fast you're going because they feel so smooth and secure.

No, I didn't think your smiling at the cop was a habit! But your experience is just over-the-top about what happened when you did!

Every field/occupation has the exceptional (cream of the crop), the good, the bad, and the ugly--law enforcement is no exception. It's just another means of earning a living that attracts a certain type of individual.

I do appreciate a man who's a skilled driver, who's driving style works for me. I have added that to the list of must-have qualities as well! The thing is, as we all know, the man typically insists on doing the driving when he's with his woman, right? So I have to feel comfortable with his particular brand of driving.

The guy I freelance for...OMG, I hate driving with him. Hate it! I don't care that I'm in the latest and greatest MB, which of course is beautiful inside. I can never relax and am always completely on edge. Just two weeks ago, we were stuck behind an elderly man on a back country road--and he was in a mad rush (so what else is new?). Well, he couldn't take it anymore and passed the elderly driver when there was an oncoming car in sight. But, meanwhile, he's fiddling with his Sirius selection. That's the part that makes me nervous. He's constantly fiddling with his various electronic gagets while he's on the phone. Not surprisingly, he has more than his share of tickets both in NY and CT. But money is no issue for him, so he just pays them. The difference is that the ex beau was skilled and competent and focused while this guy is all over the place. I'll share some other driving personalities I can't deal with later.

Yes, I was totally surprised by that one! Because, as you wrote, law men are supposed to be (ideally) pillars of protection. So that experience really ripped the rug out from underneath me.
  • Options
    Ya know how I'm always fretting about the wildlife situation along the Merritt Parkway? (It's considerably worsened over the last several years.)

Speaking of New Canaan (this is tragic), there was a terrible crash yesterday afternoon on the Merritt involving a New Hampshire woman driving a Subaru Impreza heading south. She struck a 500-lb. young male moose. Yes...a moose.

The poor moose was severely injured, so the Department of Environmental Protection had to humanely kill it. :cry:

The woman was rushed to the hospital. She's injured, but that's all that's been reported so far about her condition. I can't possibly imagine the horror she experienced when she saw that moose in her path.

The moose was able to cross the northbound lanes and the median, but was struck on the other side.

According to a wildlife biologist, the poor moose was just trying to find his own territory--as that's what they do this time of year.

Apparently, the moose was sighted earlier yesterday in both Stamford and Darien. Officials went to tranquilize the animal so they could transport him to a new area, but he eluded them. A few hours later, this happened.

Yesterday on the Merritt, returning to work from lunch, there was a young deer running along the grassy area to the right of the shoulder. It's a distressing sight. A few years ago, I witnessed a deer hit (a large male) that continues to haunt me.

The moral of the story: Please be careful!
  • Options
    Out of the list of states listed, VA would be the most progressive. But not by much! It's still the south, so it still has its conservative touch. I stood out there as a driver as well. Like I said, 90-95 used to be my typical cruising speed. In places like these, you can see why I was a ticket magnet.

I can only imagine how much better your Prelude drives with those new performance tires. You can take curves faster, just better control overall. As far as the guy you work for, that's EXACTLY the reason I love our Preludes. The car doesn't have NAV, bluetooth, heated seats, rear view cameras, mirrors that move when you back up, parallel park on its on, whiz gizmo paddle shifters/nth speed auto trans, a million buttons on the dash and a million other things. The simplicity of the dash is beautiful to me :) Honda put their expertise into the drivetrain, engine, suspension system; a real drivers car! And I love that more than anything else. And the smooth classic exterior they wrap all that great road technology around is nice too.
  • Options
    A Moose! Get out of here! That's insane! Yeah, the Merritt is awful this time of year. Usually when we visit our friends who live in Norwalk, we always take 95 :P

Those are some crazy cop stories you got there timothy. I'd pass a cop, but would NEVER give him the smirk!

Much of what I do love about the Prelude is its simplicity. The engine dates back to the early '90s. The controls are intuitive.

My Mom has an '05 BMW 530iA with i-Drive and it is a nightmare. Great car! lots of fun to drive. It has been perfectly reliable. But the i-Drive is ridiculous.

• Options
    Smirk: To smile in an affected or smug manner :P

vs.

Smile: A facial expression in which the eyes brighten and the corners of the mouth curve slightly upward and which expresses amusement, pleasure, approval, or sometimes scorn. A pleasant or encouraging appearance :)

Personally, I always took a "show of teeth" to separate the smiles from the smirks.

After being privy to Timothy's "smile" experience, I am now tempted to smile at the next police officer I pass in a cruiser just to see what happens. And maybe I'll throw in a ;)

Timothy: You're a "die-hard" dude...definitely not someone easily impressed by the latest and greatest. For me, a lot of that stuff you listed is an annoyance/distraction.

NYC: I live in Norwalk too.

Interesting factoid I read yesterday: That the accidental death rate among Americans is way up again. Part of the spike has to do with--get this--an increase in middle-aged motorcycle riders.

Then, what do I see while I'm in town for lunch today? A really fat middle-aged man getting off a motorcyle that seemed too small for him...without wearing a helmet no less. I can't remember the last time I saw a really hot guy on a bike--but these big guys with pregnant bellies? Seems like the norm around here. Maybe I should move back out to CA! :P

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Options
    The no helmet law is pretty disturbing. Especially when you're on I-95 slightly exceeding the posted speed limit and some guy on a motorcycle zips by you traveling well into the triple digits and the guy is not wearing a helmet.

Lulu: I also think there is a big difference between you smiling as you pass a patrol car and when timothy does it. Sorry big guy, theat's the way the world works!

• Options
    Oh yes I'm pretty sure Lulu wouldn't have the same outcome as me. Well wait, if he DID pull her over; it would be to ask her out :P That's just how that is.

We have a no helmet law here as well, and I can't fathom what is going on in their head! How could you get on a motorcycle and not wear a helmet. That's just common sense to me.

I know I've whined about these new cars before, thanks for just listening :) P.S. I've heard about that i-drive, HORRIBLE LOL.
  • Options
    Page 37 of July 2007's AUTOMOBILE has a half page article devoted to some new entry level BMWs coming out (in ther USA) in the near future. Coupe & Convertible versions of its Euro only 1 series, an M1 powered by the E46 M3's 333hp high revving Inline 6, and a "no frills, lightweight roadster (Z1) that would be tauter, noisier, and faster than a Z4 powered exclusively by 4cyl engines. Manual soft top, manual steering."

• Options
    Do I see one of these in your garage soon? It seems like they are bringing over a nice selection of models. I can't wait to see them in person.
  • Options
    Do I see one of these in your garage soon?

Soon, I don't know about. But definitely in the future. Like I've said before, I've owned my Prelude for 5 years and plan to keep driving it daily for another 5 years (barring any major mechanical problems).

Both of those cars would be sweet! It would also be really great if I could find a beautiful example of one of my favorite cars out now like an '07 Boxster (maybe a Boxster S...YUM) or my long love, an E46 M3. Watching AJ Soprano tear off in a gorgeous black M3 towards the end of last night's series finale of THE SOPRANOS got me thinking ;)

So I dropped my Prelude off at the body shop today. Hopefully it will be good as new come Thursday when I pick it up. I told the guy that I'm fanatical about body work and consider it an art form. I told him if something isn't going to look PERFECT, then to let me know so it can be redone. I've got my fingers crossed! I'll be rolling in an '06 Nissan Sentra for the next few days (rental car).

• Options
    Well I'm sure your Prelude will be good as new, like you I REQUIRE it! Oh I lovvve the e46 M3, that is on my wish list someday as well. I even went to the BMW dealer to get a e46 M3 new car brochure just so I'll have it when (hopefully) I get that car. But that is a very long time from now. But I can dream now though :)
  • Options
    Oops...strangely enough, I had a momentary lapse of forgetting my gender when making the comment about smiling at the officer next time I pass a cruiser. That could prove to be an interesting way to shake up my day a bit!

While it's fun to be "one of the guys" (and it is!), I need to remind myself that I'm not a guy! Funny how this doesn't play out AT ALL in reverse. It's not very often one hears a man say, "It's so fun being one of the girls." I know where your minds are going right now, but you know what I mean! :P Can you hang with the girls, talk clothes and make-up, dish gossip, and, most of all, complain about men and how they're so damn hard to figure out?
  • Options
    So does this mean that BMW is going "slumming" by attracting a larger share of the sports car market? (Could this move possibly upset their existing customer base?)

What is the price range? Very interesting!
  • Options
    Look forward to hearing how your car turns out when you pick it up tomorrow. Good Luck! Hopefully, you will be delighted with the work, and your car will look as good as new!

If you don't mind my asking, is there "closure" on the other chapter in this story? Is the man's BMW repaired to his satisfaction?
  • Options
    NYC and Timothy: Both you boys make me smile with your genuine LOVE of cars and the descriptive words you choose to relate your affections. So much passion and romance!
  • Options
    Honestly lulu, I always knew my car would be fixed. The closure happened for me when the guy came to pick up the money for fixing his bumper. People are so sue happy that you never know what is going to happen.