Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

glove compartment trunk switch not working,can not find fuse

meeboo92meeboo92 Member Posts: 1
my trunk switch located in my glove compartment is not working,is there a fuse that controls the electrical switch.my main fuse box has no burn out fuses in it.

i`ve lost my trunk key a while back and my life is in my trunk, school books,money & my phone.

fonn

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You can call a locksmith to get into your trunk and make you a new key. Perhaps even your dealer can cut you a key from a code on your ignition key. I think you need to solve the key problem before you even mess with the electronic issues.
  • Options
    andre1969andre1969 Member Posts: 25,690
    ...you might be able to go in through the back seat. Usually, the bottom cushion will pop out or, at worst, have two bolts holding it in. Once you get the bottom cushion out, you should be able to get at whatever's holding the back rest in. It might be two more bolts, or it might just be two hooks that you have to bend out of the way.

Most likely, there will be an X-member between the passenger compartment and the trunk, but there should still be enough room for you to reach in and grab stuff out. Eventually, you should still get a trunk key made, but in the meantime, this might be a quick fix for at least getting your stuff out.

Oh yeah, just to show that I don't always follow my own advice ;-) I lost the trunk key to my '89 Gran Fury about 3 years ago. Thankfully it has a remote trunk release, but eventually I'm sure something will come up to make me regret not having the key!
  • Options
    jgmilbergjgmilberg Member Posts: 872
    Try removing the switch and touching the 2 wire together, if it works get a new switch pronto. It could be a bad relay also. Best bet is to go to the dealer and have them make you a new key using the VIN number. If you can't get a key from the dealer then go to the local auto parts store and get a new trunk lock and replace it, of course that means getting a locksmith or getting the power opener to work.

Andre - Go to a locksmith and see if they can make you a replacement cylinder that uses your ignition key, with most chrysler cars you can have that done.
This discussion has been closed.