Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    retoolsretools Member Posts: 1
    In Georgia area news paper price is 15,656 2.5s automatic. (brand new).
  • Options
    blitzboiblitzboi Member Posts: 4
    I ordered a Sparkle Red 2005 3.5SE M/T with no option packages from St. Clair Nissan in Toronto yesterday.

American readers should take note that Canadian Altimas are optioned differently than the US. We only have three option pkgs for the '05 Alty, applied in sequential order: Moonroof, Leather (incl. Bose stereo and auto-dimming mirror), and DVD navigation.

But mine is still an odd configuration, I guess most people take the sunroof and leather. There are reasons why I don't want those, and it has absolutely nothing to do with money. So, it's being ordered just for me from Smyrna Tennessee.

As for price, I used CarCostCanada.com's premium buying service (C$15) which provided a pre-negotiated, no-haggle, no-hassle deal of $500 over dealer invoice. That works out to C$26,979 + freight + taxes + gov't b.s., etc. It works out to $2,119.00 below the MSRP of C$29,098.

The sales manager said the car should be delivered in 4-6 weeks, so I'll report then when it came, how I like it, etc. etc.

P.S. Nissan Canada just updated their website today to show pics and specs of the 05 Altima. http://www.nissan.ca
  • Options
    sriksrik Member Posts: 1
    Recently, I bought a new 04 Altima 2.5S after doing some research on different web sites (including edmunds.com). I think I got it at a good price after 1,500 rebate... $16,720 +destination fee(198) tax+ registration fees.No convenience packages added. It came with EC Mirror w/compass and Temp. The dealer is located in WestHaven, CT. I checked with two more dealers and none of them were close to this price. They were all between $17,410 - $17,800. I started with 16,500 and after couple of days it settled at 16,720.
  • Options
    wcutlerwcutler Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S listed at Total MSRP† $19,880.00.
    Its a basic model w/ 5 speed.
    What is a good price to go into the dealer with?
    The area is milwaukee, wi.
    Thanks for the help.
    Wayne
  • Options
    hockeytownhockeytown Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to purchase either an 04 or an 05 Altima and am wondering if anyone has experience test driving either model year?

Are there major improvements for 05 over the 04 interior? ive heard bad things about the cheap looking parts. but it looks like the 05 interior is nicer.

Also...wondering if the extra price on the V6 is worth it...is the 4 cyclinder sluggish at all?
  • Options
    dannyledannyle Member Posts: 43
    What would be a good price for a 2004 3.5SE with the sport package in the Boston area? Does anyone know.

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    tartallinitartallini Member Posts: 9
    I just got back from test driving an O4 Altima 3.5SE and 04 Altima 2.5S... "Wow...I've got to say that the 3.5 is the way to go if you can afford it!" It's just a personal preference for 'more power', but it's noticable if you drive the 4 cylinder, then the V6 right afterwards.

I've been driving an SUV for the past five years and that could have something to do with it, but there's a horsepower jump between the two as well. I sat in both the 04's and 05's on the lot, and noticed NO difference in the two. The ride is comfortable, the engine peppy, and if you don't mind a bit of road noise inside the cabin... it's a great sedan in either engine size. I also test drove the Maxima, and while a great car, I liked the Altima a bit better... it's 'sporty', and with the 3.5... the same engine as the Maxima/Murano/and Z I think?... it's just plain fun.

The V6 is hot... but the 4 cyclinder is no slug... and certainly will have plenty of get up and go for fun, fuel efficient driving. Is it worth the difference in cost? I think so, but it's certainly a personal preference and budget thing. Is there a difference between 04 and 05... I didn't see anything!
  • Options
    dat2dat2 Member Posts: 251
    they have a 3.5se black 5spd with no options at one of the dealers here in louisville, ky. just wondered if anyone knows if the 5spd tranny is any different, i.e. the rubbery plasticky weird feeling '02-04 3.5 5spd, has it been improved at all?? i noticed the shifter itself looks different on the 05's.

i see the msrp for a 3.5se 5spd in canada is c$29,000, which converts to like us$20,500 or so. that is a considerable price savings!! anyone try buying a nissan in canada????????
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    "Is there a difference between 04 and 05... I didn't see anything! "

Altima: ‘04 - ‘05 diffs

There are many – but the question is: are they important to you?

One big difference for me is the 5 speed automatic (vs. 4 speed in ’04) with a (very well executed) man-u-matic function. The ’05 EPA highway rating on the 3.5L V6 w/auto is now 30 mpg. (30 mpg times 20 gal. tank = 600 mile range!) And it enhances the fun to drive component significantly for me. Well done, Nissan!

If the interior differences don’t matter to you – ok. But they are there. Various sources on the ‘net list all.

- Ray
    Impressed with the ’05 . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    muppiemuppie Member Posts: 1
    I dont know anything about buying a car. So is $24,300 DRIVE OUT(after tax, ttl, fees..etc) a good deal for a New 2005 White Altima 3.5Se Automatic,with Side Sills and Splash Guards and Floor Mats, nothing else? If that is not a good price, what price range should I target?

THANKS.
  • Options
    rampedramped Member Posts: 358
    It's hard to say because we don't know what your sales tax rate is. Go to Edmunds TMV board and see what your price before taxes looks like in comparison. Based on the information you posted I am guessing that you are paying about $1,000 over invoice. There may be room for further negotiation. I would offer about $800 less and see what happens.
  • Options
    klom2klom2 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at the Altima 2.5S MSRP 22,880.00,
    on sale (special for today $21,715).
    I am also looking at the Accord.
    Thanks for your help
  • Options
    Is your price out the door, with all taxes and fees included? If so, it's not bad. If that price is before taxes, then it isn't a deal at all. There is about another thousand in there for the dealer to play with. Go to the TMV board here at Edmunds and you can find the invoice price.

05 Altimas are selling well, so there is no rebate and dealers aren't motivated to make great deals.

I would suggest looking at the Accord. Honda has a manufacturer to dealer incentive of about $400, so the cars are selling for at least $400 below invoice almost everywhere.

Frankly, I think Nissan is running a risk by not putting at least a small incentive on the Altima. It is a good car, but the Accord is a much better value.
  • Options
    klom2klom2 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information, I am test driving
    the accord today. Have a great day.
  • Options
    indyfanindyfan Member Posts: 22
    This is really frustrating. I've gotten so I really love the new Altima. Looks great inside and out. I like Accords too but then somebody says Accords are a much better value which throws me into a loop again. Luckily I don't really need a car right now anyway so still plenty of time to think about it.
  • Options
    I'm the one who said that the Accord is a much better value than the Altima right now because Accords have manufacturer to dealer rebates, allowing the Accord to be sold below invoice.

However, if the Altima is the car you really want, then that is the car you should select when the time comes. I agree with you that the Altima is a great looking car.

It is more important to be happy with your purchase than it is to worry about saving a few hundred dollars. If you love your new car, you will probably keep it longer and that will save you money in the long run.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm the one who said that the Accord is a much better value than the Altima right now because Accords have manufacturer to dealer rebates, allowing the Accord to be sold at below invoice.

However, if the Altima is the car you really want, then that is the car you should select when the time comes.

It is more important to be happy with your purchase than it is to worry about saving a few dollars. The happier you are with your purchase, the longer you will keep it and that will save you money in the long run.

Good luck!
  • Options
    indyfanindyfan Member Posts: 22
    Yeah you're right ramped. Funny thing is, that if I were to be blindfolded and an Altima and an Accord were placed in front of me and I was told to go and touch one of the cars and whichever car I touched I had to buy I'm sure I'd be happy with either one.
  • Options
    maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I can say that I am HAPPY that I bought the Altima over the Accord.

While the Accord is the best value in the class, it didn't make me want to drive like my Altima does. The Accord has the one of the best interiors, a great price for what you get and stellar reliability.

But the Altima is just more of the car I wanted. Sure resale value isn't as good, but I don't plan on selling the car anyway.

The Altima was my choice back in 2002 but the interior was just too cheap. Now that the 05s have nicer interiors, I am glad that I drive my 05 S.

Now I am trying to find some side sills for the car and foglights and I will be happy.

I look forward to this car lasting my 5 years at Clemson University.
  • Options
    dconnordconnor Member Posts: 20
    For anyone near Atlanta, the following is relevant. I was wanting to purchase a 2005 altima without a moonroof (I'm tall and don't like the feeling of my head brushing the roof) and with side airbag/ABS package. There were no Altimas with the airbags/ABS package at any dealership in Nashville or in TN that I could find. My local dealers seemed disinterested if I wasn't interested in an instock model. I went on the Nissan USA website and searched the surrounding states, finding a match at Regal Nissan in Roswell, GA, a northern suburb of Atlanta. I e-mailed and got a quick response that the model was still there and a drive out price that was very good right up front with no haggling. I arranged to go get it, and everything was as said. The folks couldn't have been nicer and they threw in wheel locks for the alloy wheels for good measure. I had not planned on an extended warranty but they offered such a good price on the Nissan Security+Plus Gold waranty that I got that. It was the best buying experience I have ever had-- it made the trip more than worthwhile.
  • Options
    htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    Heyy im Kind of new here so help me out.

I was looking over deals in the Houston Texas area. I talked to about 3-4 dealerships and went back and forth playing all the games and stuff that i picked up on from edmunds.com. I wanted to know if this is a good deal

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (automatic)
    with Conveniance package
    Mud Guards
    and Floor Mats

The MSRP is 22,060 (with destination charge)....the invoice price is about 20,504 (with destination charge) and the offer I have is for 19,200 (with destination charge)

Is 19,200 plus tax, title, liscense, inventory tax, a good deal? Also they mite charge a 385 fee for a sealant deal thing, which is a warranty on the exterior and interior and carpets, that removes any normal wear and tear.

Let me know thanks
  • Options
    What type of warranty did they offer you, and what did you pay for it. Please let me know so i can compare numbers also when i purchase my car. Thanks
  • Options
    I have the exact same car except I have the sunroof. My car had an MSRP of $22960, but I got mine for $500 over invoice which wasn't bad, you are getting the car for over a $1000 below invoice so I say go with it.

Don't go for the $385 charge that is CRAZY.

What color is it.

For me, the Altima has been a pretty good car. The gas mileage isn't the best and some of the materials are cheap, but I wouldn't want the Accord over it.

Also, my car is Smoke with Charcoal interior, I wish I could buy some side sills and fog lights. Those are the only accessories I want.
  • Options
    He said the 385 charge was a charge that dealerships use in texas to do something with the VIN number....and then seal the car's exterior and interior. Its a warranty type thing, and if anything like stains and everyday wear and tear stuff happens (which isnt covered with factory warranty) bring it to the dealership and they fix it or replace if for free. Thats what he claims! Im getting the black color....with light exterior.
  • Options
    I got the Security+Plus Gold warranty, 6 yrs. and 100,000 miles for $585.
  • Options
    I posted something earlier about getting a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with the convieniance package, mudguards, and floor mats, for $19,200

I am trading in my Honda Accord 2002 exv6 which is worth about 15,250......

The dealership selling me the altima at 19,200 is giving me 15,500 for my trade in (which is alot) BUTTT now theres a dealership offering me the same 2005 Nissal Altima 2.5 S with the convieniance package for 18,700 drive out. (the other car was 19,253 drive out because you save money on tax with a trade in, this dealership is offering 18,700 drive out without the tax savings)

The only problem is, will i get the same amount for my trade In at the cheaper dealership? I cant get my accord appraised unless i cancel the first deal? So what should i doo???
  • Options
    Do you have a signed contract with the first dealership? If not, you can have anyone appraise your car.

Don't get caught up in what your trade is worth. Concentrate on the final out the door price (taxes, tags, fees included) from each dealer. That way, all you have to worry about is the bottom line.
  • Options
    i have a contract signed, but i can have it cancelled by telling my bank officer, who is one of my friends, to tell the dealership that the loan fell through, in which case i would have to return the altima, and get my trade in accord back.
  • Options
    You already took delivery of the car and the dealership has your trade? And, the only way you can reverse this deal is if your friend lies and denies your credit application?

Think all of this through, and decide if a few hundred dollars of savings is worth it. After all, just as you are considering breaking a legitimate contract, the second dealer can also suddenly bump up his price.
  • Options
    As i said earlier, i was getting a deal on the 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with the conveniance package, floormats, and mud guards for 19,200. The MSRP is 22,060 and i was getting it for 19,200. I had a better deal, so i did take back the old car, and got my trade in (2002 Honda Accord EX V6 24,711 miles) and i took it to another dealership and ended up getting the 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with the conveniance package, floormats, and mud guards for 18,800.

The car was 18,800 i got some security package thing on it for insurance purposes for $299.00

My drive out was about 18753! Im guessing thats a good deal. Let me know.
  • Options
    I'm a little confused. You said the car cost 18.8, a security package was $299, and your drive out was 18,753. Your numbers don't add up. I'm guessing that the taxes are also not included here, right?

In any event, the $18.8 price sounds good. Glad you were able to work it out.
  • Options
    chinamanchinaman Member Posts: 9
    Do you mind telling where u got this? State?
  • Options
    chinamanchinaman Member Posts: 9
    I live in Atlanta as well and familiar with the Roswell dealer location, do you mind posting ur drive off price for this? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hey,

Anyone know if the new 05 altima has an improved 5-speed shifter, especially for the V6 model???

The previous iterations had a notoriously bad 5 speed and would shop the 05 if the stick was any better. Thanks!!
  • Options
    gbd21gbd21 Member Posts: 53
    Can anyone tell me whats the best deal for 3.5 SL in st.louis,MO ??

Thanks.
  • Options
    alaialai Member Posts: 4
    Anyone got a good deal in the So Cal area? I'm looking to buy one real soon. The 05 3.5 SE. Is SL worth the buy?
  • Options
    gbd21gbd21 Member Posts: 53
    If you are looking for sports suspension,spoilers and larger 17" rims,go for 3.5 SE.Otherwise 3.5 SL is a better choice.You must include the traction control and side airbag option ,which will make the SL the most loaded luxury car.
  • Options
    nucleicacid5nucleicacid5 Member Posts: 2
    Hey gang, I am thinking of buying the new 2.5s altima...I offered 20500 out the door, tax license and fees included, is this a good deal? or should I keep looking to see if I could get better
  • Options
    Hard to say what your deal looks like since you didn't mention which options are on the 2.5s. Also, local and state taxes differ across the country. The bottom line is that you shouldn't be paying much over invoice for a 2.5s. It is a bread and butter sedan. The 3.5 SE or SL is a different animal.
  • Options
    nucleicacid5nucleicacid5 Member Posts: 2
    where I am located the msrp for the 2.5s is 19280 it comes with all the basic equipment, and I would get it out the door, tax, license,and fees. for 20500.
  • Options
    I think you may be leaving a few hundred on the table if this car doesn't have any other options. But, without knowing what taxes and fees are involved, that is only a guess. Check the Edmunds TMV board under new cars and that should give you an idea of where you stand in your area. Good luck.
  • Options
    You can get a better deal than that. Go to a larger city with high inventory and youi can find all kinds of deals.

I will tell you this, the next time I buy a new car (in about two or three years) I am driving to Atlanta to buy it because you save so much money because they are more willing to deal.
  • Options
    ruffstik nikruffstik nik Member Posts: 1
    I was just offered fully loaded 2005 3.5SE out the door price of $27,450.00 The sticker as most of you should know is $31,330.00 Seems like I need snag it up, anyone think I can squeeze a little bit more???
  • Options
    Does that out-the-door price include taxes? If so, I don't see how you could negotiate much more off that offer, unless that $31K sticker includes add-ons. I didn't think it was possible to load up an Altima to over 31K. For that money, I'd be looking real hard at an Acura TL or Infiniti G-35.
  • Options
    tampajaytampajay Member Posts: 2
    Thats what I paid for my Altima including 2year miantinance free oil changes tire rotation EXT.
    Tampa Florida Autoway Nissan.
  • Options
    Sorry to be slow to reply. I haven't been on this board lately. I bought a 2005 2.5 S with convenience package, ABS/side airbag package, mudflaps,and mats. The MRSP was 22,860 on the model I bought. Their first offer was for invoice which was for that model about 21,200. I thought that was an okay price for a 2005, especially since there were no rebates on the 2005s and the ABS/side airbag package was so hard to find, and they were pleasant to deal with so I didn't try to haggle any.
  • Options
    sb187sb187 Member Posts: 1
    You can definitely haggle for the 2005's. I went to nissan in manhattan and they offered a fully loaded 2005 2.5 S with SL for $22K ($26 sticker price) without any bargaining.
  • Options
    jans124jans124 Member Posts: 5
    Thought we were in the "entry level" segment of the major manf. ie. Corolla, Civic, Sentra, ION, Elantra, etc. The Nissan salesman said, if you liked the Corolla (we hated the Sentra, underpowered) I might be able to get you into a new Altima 2005 S for a little more than the Corolla. He came back with 17,400 for a "New, Demo" car with 6,000 mi. on it, would extend the warranty to 3 yrs. from now and 42,000 miles. The car has floor mats, not much else. Lists for about 20,300. What does the readership and/or moderators think? Deal or not? Also said he would give 4.9 financing. What are your opinions on a Demo/Program car? Thanks.
  • Options
    Is that an 04 or 05 altima?? If it is an 04 you could do better than that on a new one with the current rebates/financing. if it is an 05 you could get a new 05 for 500-1000 more, so it is a fair price if it is an 05, but definitely not an 04. is it a stick or auto??
  • Options
    jans124jans124 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, thanks for your reply. It is a new 2005 with an automatic transmission. It is one of those cars they give salesmen to drive around until they sell it as a demo.