Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Any news on 2003 Honda CR-V?

2»

Comments

• saber86saber86 Posts: 128
    The sticker price on a EX is almost $23k so if they are quoting you $22500 with tax licenses included thats a terrific deal. I would make sure they are quoting you the right vehicle when you go sign the paper.
  • They are finally here.
    My dealer is giving me a price of $20,150(w/destination charges,tag and tax.
    I don't want any dealer accessories because I can get them at a better price and installed by a honda dealer mechanic.
    They are including all of the interior and exterior special coatings pkg.
    Is this a good deal?
  • This is $540 ABOVE the 'destination & MSRP' price SO, I'd have to know your TAX RATE & "tag fee".

Tne dealer should split out the amount they are discounting.

Generally, the demand for the CR-V is good, but the 2WD is NOT popular in the winter (except maybe in Sun Belt states...). You should be getting a discount of at least $300-500 dollars from the MSRP of $19150 before one could consider this a "good deal". Edmunds has the detsination charge listed as $460. WE NEED TO KNOW the amounts "left out".
  • Destination charge is $460
    Tax is 6.5% (Florida)
    Tag is $135 (transfer fee)
    The sticker price on this car is $19.300

Good deal or not?
  • If I back calculated everything correctly...

Sounds like the selling price (including destination charge, which in IL should have sales tax applied...) is around $18800

That looks to be over $500 off the MSRP -- a pretty good deal!

Can you do better? Who knows... I doubt this is "as low as they can go", but if you are happy it might not be worth grinding out an extra $100-200 buck.

Dealers are not yet slashing $1000s off any 03 CR-Vs, and I doubt that will happen unless something tragic happens to the economy.
  • I got $500 less than MSRP for the 2003 model. Unfortunately, it takes forever to get the car.
2»
This discussion has been closed.