Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Guru, that is one heck of a deal! I just purchased a 2006 EX-L with Navi on Long Island for $31,800, plus tax, which I thought was pretty good, but your deal is outstanding. My wife loves the vehicle be the way!!!
  • Options
    guru1020guru1020 Member Posts: 6
    My wife and I love the vehicle as well. I know that I would have not gotten as good of a deal without reading tons of post in this forum. Knowing what others are paying sure helped me negotiate. I hope all who read this will know that, at least in the Baltimore area, dealerships will offer great internet deals. Many thanks to all who participate in this forum!
  • Options
    msisengmsiseng Member Posts: 369
    Thanks novaexl2wdhunt! Your experience will help me with a purchase! 60-90 minutes sounds wonderful. I bought from Fairfax before and they tried the treatment package upsale with a little undercoating included for "free." So funny.
  • Options
    shatheeshshatheesh Member Posts: 4
    Hi All, hoping to get an opinion on the price($28230 ) quoted for EX-L 4WD in LA with standard options only. Destination Charge not included. Below is the invoice & MSRP for this trim
    Invoice - $29,730.36 without Destination Charge
    MSRP - $33,045.00
    New Car Blue Book Value - $31,915.00

Another question, what is govt fees? the dealer stated it is 10% minus 8.25% (Sales Tax) i.e. approxiamtely 500$. Please advice!
  • Options
    trdprerunnerdctrdprerunnerdc Member Posts: 52
    Does anyone know when the next generation Honda Pilot will come out? Thank you
  • Options
    snowcrash1snowcrash1 Member Posts: 11
    Here are the "out-the-door" price I got so far:

Fairfax Honda - $34,374.50
    Bill Page Honda - $34,366.08

What am I suppose to do now?
    Any negotiation tips will be appreciated... ;)

Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Hersons Honda - $33,012.63
  • Options
    Hersons Honda - $33,012.63
    Ourisman Honda - $34,332.50
  • Options
    aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    snowcrash,

What do you do next?? you ask?
    Go buy the one at Hersons Honda.

FYI: stating OTD pricing is hard to compare for anyone unless they have the same tax rate as you do - best to leave that out when asking opinions from people who live coast to coast.
  • Options
    cirrinc1cirrinc1 Member Posts: 5
    Great price if this is a 4WD EX with leather! Add about $550 for destination and that gets you to 28,780. I live in the Chicago area and just paid $29,730 for the same car with no dealer installed options.
  • Options
    goingoncetwicegoingoncetwice Member Posts: 13
    That's not a good price - it's a great price. Are you sure they gave you a quote for 4WD and not 2WD? :lemon:
  • Options
    sadjetsfansadjetsfan Member Posts: 4
    can anyone recommend a web site that will give me invoice pricing on 2006 Pilot accessories. I am interested in things such as cross bars on the roof rack, chrome side steps, back up sensors etc. The Honda web site shows MSRP, I am unable to find invoice type pricing. The best I have been able to do is OEM 3rd party suppliers.

Has anyone identified a dealer in NY Metro Area (100 miles) that has been giving fair internet pricing?
  • Options
    Dear Sadjetsfan,

I have also been looking for Honda OEM accessories and I found handa-accessories.com. I haven't ordered from there but there prices seem reasonable. I am looking at purchasing the chrome sidesteps @ $468.00. I haven't found any better than that, how about anyone else?
  • Options
    cirrinc1 & goingoncetwice - thanks for info, I'm planning to visit the dealer tomorrow.
  • Options
    smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    Are the current Pilot incentives likely to extend into April?
  • Options
    guru1020guru1020 Member Posts: 6
    What I would do is decide exactly what I want to pay for it and then call the dealerships with the higher prices and tell them that I have an "out the door" offer in hand for $XXXX but I would prefer to buy from the dealership where I plan to get my vehicle serviced and your dealership would be most convenient due to school, work, home, etc. Also emphasize that time is of the essence. For me I was on vacation and I said if I did not buy this week then I would wait until the summer. Worked for me. I also said if they matched the offer, I would buy that day. Good luck!
  • Options
    aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    my guess is yes.
    based on previous years and the fact that April is tax month, dealers usually roll out decent incentives to get people to shop.

March is the end of a quarter which is a good time as well.
  • Options
    gwf96001gwf96001 Member Posts: 4
    I'm hoping to close what I think is a good deal tomorrow on a 2006 Pilot with leather and DVD. The dealer has quoted me $30718 with destination included, before taxes, registration and a $299 doc fee. Honda must be offering a secret incentive for this deal to work. Does anybody know what they are offering to dealers?
  • Options
    kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Is there a $1000 incentive going on. It's not listed here at edmunds.com
  • Options
    goingoncetwicegoingoncetwice Member Posts: 13
    There is a $1000 incentive for purchases only - not leases!
    I know that for sure because I just bought on Sunday.
  • Options
    cirrinc1,
    I found that cheaper at hondapartsdeals.com $369.

Other sites I will be looking at are
    hondaacuraworld.com
    halcyon.webair.com/chestertownhonda/product
    fairhondaparts.com
    hondaautomotiveparts.com

good luck!!!!!

Let me know if you find anything.
  • Options
    APerumbetiAPerumbeti Member Posts: 8
    Whats the best pricing anyone has gotten on a 4WD LX in Northeastern Ohio?? Or nearby if the price diff is significant.

Will prices go down as spring/summer comes along??
  • Options
    portpilotportpilot Member Posts: 7
    Where did you get this quote - I got something nearly identical but with destination charge not included. I am in Long Island, NY. Thanks!
  • Options
    portpilotportpilot Member Posts: 7
    What are the best deals being offered on an EX-L RES in the Long Island, NY region?
  • Options
    Fair Honda of Danbury CT. It is only good through tomorrow so you'd have to act fast. I'm going tonight to purchase and will confirm that there wasn't a bait and switch, and will post on this forum.
  • Options
    folks I think there is some unknown incentives for the dealers. Please check with Carson Honda, Sierra Honda in LA Area. I bought my New 2006 Honda EX Leather "4WD" for a price of $28225.00 plus "Tax & Fees" from Sierra Honda.
  • Options
    tonyg5tonyg5 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a 2006 Pilot EX 4WD in Albany NY area this week for $26,900, including destination, before TTL. MSRP was $28,214.
  • Options
    Shatheesh,

Wow...great deal! Does that include dest. fees? What about any other dealer add-ons? Also, are you sure the car wasn't previously driven or damaged? Sounds too good to be true.
  • Options
    Sadjetsfan,

I looked up that website and it pulled up related links to other websites. Which one did you actually go into to find that price? Also, was it an original Honda part and not an aftermarket OEM look-a-like?
  • Options
    http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/product_info.php?pName=side-steps-pilot

Side Steps (Pilot)
    [Honda Accessory] $399.84 $369.00

Click to enlarge
    MSRP:$525.00
    Part number:
    Fits: 2003-2006

Add a sporty look, ease of entry and additional side protection Custom design ensures proper fit Constructed of lightweight, heat-treated, extruded aluminum for increased strength and durability.

Available Options:
    Color: BlackChrome (+$65.00)
    Year: 2003200420052006

Installation Instructions

Hope this helps
  • Options
    The dealer tried to say that I was only supposed to get $99 below invoice, but when I had him pull up his original email to me there was no way to deny his quote.
    So my costs were:
    $30718 including dest.
    $299 conveyance fee
    $168 DMV
    $1861 sales tax
    $33,046 OTD
    If anyone is considering buying, now is the time to strike before the month ends.
  • Options
    cirrinc1 -
    Yes! it is $28225.00 including the 550$ destination charge. No Damages for sure just and some new car miles on it.

There were 3 cars to choose from, took the black one with saddle interior.

Here is the break down::
    Base Price - 28225$ (with Destination - 550$)
    Air Deflector - 168$ (including installation charge, paid MSRP for this item)
    Doc Fees - 45$
    Tire Fees - 8.75$
    License & Registration Fees - 247$
    Sales Tax - 2346.14 (8.25% in LA County)
    -----------------------
    Total - 31039.89$
    -----------------------

I think Honda revised the prices for the last two days, but i'm not sure by how much.

i had 4 dealers competing to provide me ( for New 2006 Pilot EX-L 4WD) at around $28225.00. But Sierra Honda said upfront there won't be any surprises. They treated us really good, the sales person (I wish I can give the name) explained all the features in the SUV patiently before and after the purchase.

I want to thank this forum for the information being exchanged, I learned a lot of things from reading it.
  • Options
    Shatheesh,

Kudos to you! That is one %#@#! of a deal! Congrats & enjoy driving your new pilot!
  • Options
    brokedudebrokedude Member Posts: 13
    Hi! I am going to send a bunch of emails out today and was wondering if I submit quotes via the honda website, do these quotes go directly to the internet sales dept or to a regular salesman? Should I just write an email and mail it to the generic honda dealer address?? (ie internetsales@whateverhonda.com)
  • Options
    thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    Be vary wary today of sending prices quotes today people. Today is the last day of the month and dealers will be very aggressive.

IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF BUYING TODAY, DO NOT SEND OUT REQUESTS! The prices, more than likely, will not be honored later.
  • Options
    Thanks for thebill for the heads up. I didn't even realize the fact that it was the last day of the month. Wife and I decided last night that it was time to move out of our little civic because we have a 16 month old and another one due in aug. Anyways, I have every intention of buying today if the price is right so I am not worried about the price not being honored tomorrow. By the way, do you happen to know if Honda is having any special financing these days. I didn't see any on edmunds.com. Maybe someone with "inside" info can shed some light :) LOL
  • Options
    groovygirlnjgroovygirlnj Member Posts: 1
    Just received a quote for a Pilot EXL w/ Navi for $31,250. Telling them I would come in today to buy. Does this sound reasonable? I think it is only $500 under invoice?

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.
  • Options
    stowoastowoa Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

This forum was very helpful for my research so I thought I'd pass along my experience and final price.

Sent out emails to 12 dealers in the area last friday. Receive 6 responses. Asked for counter offers only once from all the dealers on Tuesday. Then basically picked from the once that offered the lowest and was closest to my house. Final price was 28814(includes Destination and Doc Fee) not including state tax, title and registration. I went in on Wednesday to close the deal and picked up the car yesterday. It was the best car purchasing experience I've had with minimal time spent in the dealership. Afterall, who needs to spend hours on hours at the dealership trying to negotiate.
  • Options
    jimzopsjimzops Member Posts: 39
    Same for carsdirect. com. Whereas everyone here is posting invoice and less for the 06 EX_L AEWD with RES. Invoiuce is 31.7.
    Are the TMV prices what you gewt when you walk into the dealer in person?
    What % of people buy on-line versus traditional walk-in to the dealer.
  • Options
    dm5dm5 Member Posts: 1
    On Tuesday we picked up a NBP EX-L 4WD with Navi for $30,800 which included destination and doc fees. Pilot was had 2 miles on it when we picked it up.

We purchased from Honda of Joliet, IL. There were not dealer add ons or surprises.
  • Options
    mlo2mlo2 Member Posts: 8
    Whats the best pricing anyone has gotten on a 4WD LX in New York City??
  • Options
    I just checked the acura.com site and saw that Honda financing has special APR's good till 5/1/06 (at least for the the MDX). What are the chances that AHF will extend it to the pilot?
  • Options
    gutterfoamgutterfoam Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I saw your post and wanted to ask if the EXL had the entertainment package in the vehicle you negotiated?

Thanks
  • Options
    thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    I think you answered your own question.
  • Options
    puppup Member Posts: 9
    I think the TMV prices are not current on what dealers are willing to give you. Sure they're probably selling cars at this price to people that don't do their research and just walk into a show room, but they should go lower than this. Also, I'm not sure how they calculate the TMV prices (i.e., is it what people are paying now in the last month or averaging over the entire car year). I wouldn't pay attention to the TMV price versus what you're seeing on this discussion. I'm sure most people on this message board do the on-line requests. It's pretty simple to make a request and make it to multiple dealers. Most dealers will honor other offers. I just bought a 06 with RES for $29,500K (over $1500 under invoice) by taking an offer I got from another dealer and getting them to beat their price with the $1000 incentive Honda was giving them.
  • Options
    sl1288sl1288 Member Posts: 57
    Majestic Honda in Rhode Island extended their month one day and I was able to walk in 10 mins before closing today and buy a 2006 EX-L 4WD with navigation for $30,900. The title and registration fee is $95 and RI sales tax is 7%, so the out the door price is $33,158.
    The Pilot is the metallic green with olive leather interior and was the only one available in New England with navigation. (I didn't bother to share that information with the salesman)
  • Options
    ldeshayldeshay Member Posts: 1
    Highlander123,

Was this price on a 2006 Pilot? That is a great price. The best out the door price I've received is $31,837.90 and I live in the Atlanta area. What state did you purchase the vehicle?
  • Options
    sbpiloteersbpiloteer Member Posts: 1
    I've read a lot of e-mails in this forum but can't find enough e-mails from south bay,CA. Can anyone talk about it a little more? I had very bad buying experience twice before and hopefully this time it will turn around.
  • Options
    zaphodxzaphodx Member Posts: 3
    Just got a quote from a dealer for EXL-2WD for 29,900 (incl. destination ~550). Doc and Title are separate.. This puts it on road at around 32K.

This is in dallas.. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    lono37lono37 Member Posts: 5
    I sent out a bunch of e-mails for a '06 EX-L 4WD, best offer so far is $29,495, including all destination and prep charges. Good deal? I'm on Long Island in NY.