Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Ford F-150

amacronamacron Member Posts: 16
edited March 2014 in Ford
I just ordered a 2000 F-150 Lariat 4X4 short bed
styleside.

Can only oder a Lariat as a supercab lariat not
avialble in regular cab

the changes to the 2000 Lariat as follows.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
new overhead console with compass,overhead
storage,outside air temp.

New LH and RH covered visor vanity mirrors

Drivers side keypad entry

Chromed steel wheels adn 17" owl tires

New flip up 40/60 rear seat in supercab
improved 18 degree rear seating angle in Supercab
New drivers side grab handle on A-Pillar on all
models
improved cupholder/ash cup design in instrument
pannel

the only colors you can get in Lariat is:
harvest gold
*new color: chesnut
bright red clearcoat
deep wedgewood blue
amazon green
black
oxford white

F150 4X4 SS
amazon green
leather split bench
med dark parchement (deleted the med parie tan)
Lariat Series
Signal mirrors
prem am/fm w/cd
air conditoner
5.4L efi V8 engine
3.55 limited slip rear end
4 abs disk brakes
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
4X4 offroad package containing:
LT265/75r Owl All-terrain tires including spare
17" cast aluminum Wheels(w/ steel spare)
Skid Plates (Fuel tank, Transfer Case & frame
mount crossmember)
HD Shock Absorbers
4X4 Off-road Decal
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
cab steps
6500 GVWR
Electric 4X4 Shift
overhead console
Sliding rear window
Class III Trailer towing group:
7 pin Trailer Wiring Harness
Class III Frame Mounted Hitch
Heavy duty electrical/colling package which
includes:HD 72 Amp Hr Battery,super engine cooling
(radiator upgrade), Auxilliary transmisson oil
cooler
HD Shock absorbers
Tonneau cover

Any questions please feel free to contact me.

I odered it on july 2nd. they was no price info.

the truck should arrive late Aug or early
sept,just intime for hunting season....

Comments

• cliffccliffc Member Posts: 9
    Does the back seat have headrests?
  • pbwjrpbwjr Member Posts: 6
    Do you know whether the 18 degree rear seat angle in the 2000 F-150 is steeper or less steep than the rear seat angle in the '99 Chevy Silverado?
  • amacronamacron Member Posts: 16
    not sure on the Chevy not sure on the headrets. I don't belive they do
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    the Chevy's have an 18° angle back.
    Amacron, if the rear seat in the 2000 F-150 now has an 18 degree seat back angle like the Chevy Silverado, and if the length of the F-150's Supercab has not been extended, then I suppose there's a lot less leg room in the rear seat. Have you actually seen a 2000 F-150 and set in its rear seat? If so, did it seem significantly less roomy?
  • polomanpoloman Member Posts: 5
    Amacron,

Today I ordered a 2000 Lariat 4x4 extended cab with the styleside bed parchment leather interior a 2 tone Wedgewood blue (top)/sand (bottom) with almost all options. The dealer quoted invoice + $500. Was curious what you were quoted. He said that it should take 6-8 weeks for delivery in Sept. Did you buy or lease yours.

NJ guy
    They don't have any 2000 out yet. I wasn't able to sit in the back. But I am probably not the one you want to test for Leg room ( I am 6'10) no back seat has enough for me :)
    I just went to the dealership today to check and see when mine will come in but they don't have a date as of yet. Probably in Early Sept.

In reguards to the prices I bought mine on "A" plan. The dearler still didn't have any price info. I plan to buy mine out right.
  • trenttrent Member Posts: 86
    What is the "A" plan. I have seen that on a dealer invoice but was not sure what it meant.
    "A" plan is a discount program for employees and their immediate family. I believe you basicly get the vehicle for 2-4% below invoice.
  • james24james24 Member Posts: 17
    Did anybody get dealer info on the new F-150 supercab. I believe it is supposed to be a mid year introduction. Then again, so was the supercab Ranger last year, and it never arrived. Ford let Nissan beat them to the punch.

Just wondering?
    You can oder 2000 F-150 supercabs right now!
  • beaven1beaven1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey...thanks for the prices. They were right on the money. I just went and talked to my salesperson about getting a 2000 f150 lariat also. Pretty much the same as yours..4x4, 5.4, styleside. I looked at flareside...but not worth the extra cost. Looked at captain's chairs, but the real difference is in the center console...so not worth the money.

I saw a Lariat in harvest gold. Very nice...except I don't like the tan interior. You ordered the parchment interior. How is that different? Darker, lighter?

My original colors are the Wedgewood blue w/ a silver accent. I may stick w/ that, but I'd hate to wash a truck that big every day. The harvest gold will look clean all the time.

thx
    A friend of mine bought a 99 in the harverst gold nice color but I thought it a bit too much with the tan interior. I went with the amazon green just one color don't really like the two tone.

I believe the color is suposed to be like the prarrie tan but I am not sure.

I think picking the color was the hardest delema to choose. I went to the dealer and just walked around on the lot and choose the color that way...

I can't wait...
  • sbehmsbehm Member Posts: 3
    Craig

Looks like you've got the jump on '00 info, so here's some questions for you: (1) Did you get the invoice info that you posted directly from the dealer? Just wondering if it's available on any of the online services? Looks like Carprices.com has the same info you quoted, but I don't really trust the online info this early in the season. (2) Notice that AC looks like a $684 option. Am I reading that right? (3) Also noted the flip-up rear seat in the SuperCab. Any thoughts on whether this might be better or worse than the '99 model rear seats? (4) looks like F-150s have disc brakes all the way around for '00? (5) Do you know the difference between the HD shocks in the Offroad vs. Trailer package? Thanks for your help. I've got a fleet manager who's got some nice '99 XLTs he's selling for invoice, but I'm wondering if I should wait for some of the new features in '00. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Scott,

I got the prices off the website Ford-Trucks.com.
    don't know how really accerate they are.

A/C is standard on the Lariat on the XLT it is "additional discount equipment"

$684 is the invoice price retail was $805 for A/C

The new 18 degree angle on the rear seat is supposed to be better.

The 4 disk brakes are only for the vehicles that opt for the 5.4L engine and/or the 7700# payload group.

I am not 100% sure but I would sumize that the HD shocks are the same for the offroad package and the trailer towing package.

One thing you may want to look out for if you opt for the Off-road is the tires..

According to the source book they list in the standard features in the off-road package is LT265-75R-17 Tires but when I ordered my truck they had on the sheet P265-70R-17. According to a different page in the source book they don't even list the LT265-75R-17 they list LT265-70R-17 (I believe the 70R are wider then the 75Rs). Basicly the difference in the P265 verse the LT265 is the number of ply tire they are the P265 are 2 ply and the LT265 are 4 ply tires.

Now that I have completely confused you. There is an extra charge for the LT265 tires around $300.

One thing I don't understand is what good is an off-road package without 4 ply tires. My Dad had bought a Ford tuck in 95 was going down a gravel road and blew out a tire 3 months after he bought it so It pays to get the better tires.

Some people prearrange a swap with a local tire dearlership to pay the difference to upgrade tires. You may want to check that option out as well..

One thing about the 2000 is the overhead compass and outside temp I was hoping ford would put those in for the new year.
  • fdogfdog Member Posts: 1
    Amacron mentioned the FDAF assessment and fuel charge. My order sheet from the dealer lists these as $65 FDAF and $15 fuel. My cost is $100 over invoice (including these charges). I went with the new Chestnut color. My dealer offered me no incentive to take a '99 off his hands.

Also I dont think I saw any mention of the keypad entry on the driver side. I believe that is a new addition also for this year.

As I compared the '99 vs '00 model, the added features justified most of the base increase plus
    I heard from an independent source the move to the 3.55 limited slip is not all due to a fuel economy measure but to correct for the rear end getting "loose" with the other axle due to amount of torque the engine produced. Also heard problems with the oil pump which is corrected in the 2000 model.
  • boomer10boomer10 Member Posts: 1
    Is the 2000 5.4 F-150 getting any more power, the F-250 F-350 super duty V-10 is getting bumped up to to 300 or 310hp, the Navigator has a 300hp 5.4, why not the F-150? Im tired of gm trucks having more hp. Ford should increase power as following 4.6-255hp,5.4-285hp,6.8-315hp, is that to much to ask for? The Ford S.O.H.C.,and D.O.H.C. engines are great, they can really be opend up alot more though.
  • wilder3wilder3 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if the 4.6 in the 2000 F-150 will be the 240 HP version (as in the 99 Expedition). I've heard that but haven't been able to verify. Thanks.

Wilder
  • barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    check out www.trucktrend.com they have a lot of information on all pickups including the f150 supercab there is a picture of it.
  • triton2triton2 Member Posts: 2
    does anyone know what kind of grill the 2000
    F-150 XLT supercab flairside is going to have?
    I heard somewhere that it is going to have an
    egg-crate insert but i dont know what kind of shape that is. any help will be app.

thanx
    www.trucktrend.com has a photo of the 2000 crewcab,it has the same grill as the 99 but the front does not look as rounded,scroll through til you find the write up on it. very nice truck.
  • psychnsrnpsychnsrn Member Posts: 6
    Just wondering, what color is chestnut? Do the 2000 F150 Lariats have the anti-lock braking system?
    I have a color chart. "Chestnut" is very close to "Dark Toreador Red."
  • triton2triton2 Member Posts: 2
    thanks for the info BARLITZ
  • ddqddq Member Posts: 1
    I am looking at ordering a 2000 F150 XLT 4x4 supercab and was wondering if they had changed the rear bench seat to one that folds up? Does anyone know the specs on this? Thanks
  • rgh7351rgh7351 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of a web location that has a picture of a 2000 F-150?
  • rsheltworsheltwo Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody have the mileage figures for the 2000' 4.6L and 5.4L Tritons; Also HP ratings.
    www.trucktrend.com has a photo of the 2000 supercab, scroll down once page has loaded there is info and specs on lots of trucks there.
  • jmayorjmayor Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody know what colors the sport package will be offered in "2000" I know it was limited to a few colors in 99
  • jmayorjmayor Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to ask about the CD changer , in 99 it was only avalible with captains chairs . Does anybody know if you can get a supercab with the CD changer and not get captains chairs ?
  • ken69ken69 Member Posts: 4
    Ford thinks that the only way you can have space for the CD changer is in the console twix the captains chairs. Any decent auto audio store can install a changer somewhere. And by the way, those captain chairs are a joke anyway with those skimpy armrests.
  • brandon8brandon8 Member Posts: 1
    There will a CD changer in the new Ford pickup trucks.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I just picked up a 2000 F-150 flyer/brochure from the dealer the other day and noticed that the F-250LD has been rolled into the F-150 line.

The top GVW option for the 2000 F-150 is now 7700lb. This used to be the top GVW for the '99 F-250LD. They dropped the base 7200lb GVW (base F-250LD) from the lineup. So, the 7700 equipped '00 F-150 is identical (except for the badging) as the '99 F-250LD.

This should have happened long ago. There was too much buyer confusion having two F-250 lineups (LD & SD).

And... I bet Ford sells a whole bunch of F-150s equipped with the 7700 GVW package, whereas, in the past, they sold very very few F-250LDs. Why? Because an F-150 with a 7700 GVW sounds "awesome", whereas an F-250 with a 7700 GVW sounds only "average" at best. It's all marketing!

Which leads me to wonder:

If Ford is successful with this marketing strategy, as I predict, will they combine the F-250SD and the SRW F-350SD into one model -- F-250SD, and leave the F-350 designation strictly for DRW models, as Dodge does?

Again, an F-250 with both 8800 GVW and 9900 GVW choices sounds awesome. Again -- marketing!

Thoughts? Comments?

Bob
  • jasonlbjasonlb Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen any HP and Torque #'s for
    2000 F-150 in the 5.4 V8.

I noticed that on
    the 2000 a 3.73 Rear Axle is not Available??

Thanlks
  • jmellenbjmellenb Member Posts: 35
    Still would like to know if 2000 model will have rear head rests. I will have to buy GM if Ford doesn't have them.
    buy a GM Ford's dosn't come with them
  • tntvptntvp Member Posts: 3
    r ya goin to sleep in it or drive it?
    put a pillow in the bed and let her drive!
    at least if it is an F-150 you'll enjoy the ride!
    good luck
  • selva2selva2 Member Posts: 2
    To jmayor, I have a 2000 XLT Sport on order. As far as I know, the only available colors are bright red, oxford white, and black. Also, for some reason the "Sport" package has caused my order to be put on hold until October 4th. Does anyone know what the delay might be? I heard that the sport will have special seats. Does anyone know any more detailed info?
  • holtonholton Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of any special appearance packages that be coming down the line for the XLT 2WD?
  • selva2selva2 Member Posts: 2
    The Sport option is the only appearance package I know of. With it you get color matched bumpers and mirrors, the honeycomb grille (from the 4X4), "Sport" decals, unique seats, dual power mirrors, a leather wrapped steering wheel, 3.55 Axle ratio, and 17" aluminum rims with gargantuan P275/60R17SL tires. The sticker cost of this option (order code 94T)is $595, while the invoice is $506. I think it's worth it for the axle ratio and wheels alone.
  • hudson5hudson5 Member Posts: 28
    Does anyone know when the F150 CrewCab will be available? Also what the list price will be for the XL series?
    Thanx,

David
  • danwattdanwatt Member Posts: 1
    hudson5,
    did you get any info on 2000 f150 CrewCab? I would appreciate links with pictures to show my wife. thinking of ordering a new one in jan 00. thanks...dan w
  • donravisdonravis Member Posts: 5
    danwatt,

go to "pick-uptruck.com" and you will find a nice picture of a white f150 crew.
  • donravisdonravis Member Posts: 5
    danwatt,

go to "pickuptruck.com", not "pick-uptruck.com"
  • aktxlaaktxla Member Posts: 1
    I have a boat which weighs ~2500 lbs which I need to tow at freeway speeds (70 MPH). Does anyone know if the 4.6L V8 is capable, or do I need the large engine.
  • aflashmanaflashman Member Posts: 3
    Before you buy the f-150 be aware there is a growing concern for a crack that is forming on a large number of 97, 98, 99 f-150's and expeditions. It appears to be a stress fracture of the sheet metal, caused by power window usage. So far I have not heard of FORD supporting these owners with a fix, even under warranty. Here's a link to picture of the crack...
    http://arrowaranch.com/truck/crack.html
  • mudrivermudriver Member Posts: 7
    It's not just Trucks with power windows !
    A friend has a 97 with manual windows it is cracked also.
    At work this morning 2 out of 4 1999 Fords have cracks.
    THIS ONE IS GOING TO COST FORD !
    GOOD LUCK ALL
  • jborgenjborgen Member Posts: 3
    I finally pick up my customized 2000 F-150 Lariat S/C SB W/ ORP, Towing Package, Custom exhaust, and Custom conversion... and couldn't be happier:)
  • bslo33bslo33 Member Posts: 11
    Geesh, ready to place my F150 order but still obsessing on colors. How come Ford colors are so blah? Tried Ford web site to give them some feedback, but nothing there. I've seen Chestnut, and it looks like a UPS truck. I'm planning to order Amazon Green, but would really like a darker (more manly!) green. I see colors on other Ford vehicles that I really like, but the F150 line is really poor.
This discussion has been closed.