Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest 2004+: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Has anyone upgraded the 16" wheels on their S or SL to the 17"s they put on the SE? It looks like there are plenty of correct sized alternative brands for that wheel. I am not crazy about the plastic wheel covers on my 2004 S, and the lack of decent alternative tires is tempting me to just upgrade the wheels too, when the time comes. Looks like you could get a nice set of wheels and tires for under $1,000. Could probably even buy the actual Nissan wheels from the dealer, I would assume, if you don't want to pimp your ride. Does upsizing mess up the tire pressure monitors? I seem to recall reading something about this on Edmunds but now I can't find the article.
  • hatemyquesthatemyquest Member Posts: 1
    Me, too. Had to take it twice and they said they couldn't find the problem. So, next time it rained, I went out and found it myself. The windows in the ceiling of the car (the last two over the rear bench) were leaking. It was trickling down the side and onto the carpet. I had mold and mildew and a TERRIBLE smell. FINALLY they fixed it when I told them the problem. Of course Nissan wanted ME to pay the $700.00. I said no. I'm still waiting to get the seat cover replaced - it has taken 3 weeks now and they still don't have the right part. AND, they broke the handle that lets down the back seat when it was in the shop. They will be replacing that as well - at no charge or I will see them in court.
  • freezerfreezer Member Posts: 1
    Your thought of waiting for the dealer to figure out the fix on these Quests is a good suggestion. I really feel like they don't know what to do with this new P.O.S. minivan. Mine 2004 is now in for the ump-teenth time - I think I'm up to about about eight visits.
    I too have had it in twice for sliding door rattles - first both doors, then again for one. Four times for the sunroof not closing - I'm waiting on another part. Twice for a leaking skyroof - now waiting for a new one. Twice for the rear lift gate - now waiting on a new motor. I've had it in for sticking climate knobs, bad seatback cover, rattles in the ceiling, torn skyroof shades, and I'm not sure what else. It seems to be an electrical and fit/finish nightmare for these guys to try and figure out. I've been told by an out-of-town dealer there have been over 1600 corrections/improvements to the 2006 over the 2004! Has anyone heard this?
  • cgriswoldcgriswold Member Posts: 9
    Thx,

for the reply, SE would have been my first choice but the deal on the use SL was to good to pass on just because it did have leather. Dose you Quest have the Fog lights? I live in Portland Oregon and winter ar wet and dark It pays to have as much light out in front you can get.
  • shgshg Member Posts: 13
    Sounds like we had a similar experience. The SE would have been my first choice as well, but there was no way I could pass on the deal I got for the SL. (Hmm, wonder if the same guy sold us our vehicles?? (smile)). Anyway, I am in Southern CA and have a little less use for the fog lights. No, my vehicle does not have them just like yours. I have looked at a couple of websites and it looks like they are about $200 for the set, plus installation. This can be a do it yourself job since it appears that the wiring may already be in place inside the wheel well fender......
  • shgshg Member Posts: 13
    Hey, does anyone know where the sensor is for the outside temperature thermometer? My temperature readings seems to be stuck at 50 degrees and I want to take a look at why. I could not find a single reference to the temp sensor location in the owners manual, which seems a little odd......
  • cgriswoldcgriswold Member Posts: 9
    I talked the service guy while taking it in for a b2b check and he mentioned a ring might have to be added to the lighting stick. Also in regards to b2b is it 3/36 or 5/60? I'm taking the SL back in next week and I'll ask then but just thought I'd here too...
  • questdaddyquestdaddy Member Posts: 6
    I added a hidden hitch, which fits around the rear compartment nicely. Ordered from jcwhitney, no problems. Just be ready to loosen the muffler/exhaust pipe and make sure you have a torque wrench ready. Be aware I do scrape it if I come across a high speed bump too fast. I learned quickly how slow was necessary to avoid it.
  • dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Calm down honestopped. The Eagle LS tires are not unsafe like the Firestone tires. There are just much better choices out there. These tires are OEM on a number of other vehicles so relax. What do you want NHTSA, Goodyear or NIssan to do simply because your tires wore down at 30k miles? Open an investigation so they can determine what we all know already that the Eagle LS suck. I had them as OEM on my 2000 Intrigue. When they wore down, I didn't buy the same brand. That's all.

What I criticize Nissan for is their selection of tire size? There are no other options in the 225/65.16". Which is why i am very happy that there are forums like this with knowledgeable folks who can recommend alternatives. My tires will only last another 5k miles and I will be looking into either the 235/60 or 215/70.
  • gogovangogovan Member Posts: 3
    I have been experiencing problems with the transmission starting in 3rd. I first noticed at about 10k and the service manager said (after I loudly complained) that Nissan was aware the problem but hadn't been able to figure out what was causing it. Now, again just yesterday at 26k it happened again. It resets after I turn the car off and on again. Has Nissan figured out what is wrong yet?
    I also had to have my radio replaced after having cranked the car up and got no sound out of the speakers.

I am also experiencing tire wear and vibrating steering wheel. This is my 3rd Nissan, my 240sx needed new brakes and rotors about twice a year. Can expect the same with the quest? What about the tires?
  • sopecreeksopecreek Member Posts: 203
    I thought that transmission issue was taken care of by Nissan.
    See details here.
    http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownership/Bulletins/Nissan/2004/NTB04-144.htm
  • eyeblindeyeblind Member Posts: 156
    sopecreek is right, the transmission issue has been taken care of. Had my 04 SL
    in last week. They only problem I had, with the dealer, they 1st didn't want to fix it because they couldn't duplicate the problem. I finally got them to do the repairs with out them duplicating the problem.
    I have a couple of questions I hope one of you fine Quest owners can answer. I have a 04 SL with 13,000 miles on it.

1. I to experience the steering wheel at speeds over 55 mph that some have discussed on this forum. It is not consistent, and comes and goes. There may be no steering wheel vibration at, say at 65 mph, then it will start to vibrate for awhile, then disappear again. Those who have experienced steering wheel vibration is this similar to your experience, or do youfeel the vibration all the time?

2. I believe some on this form have said that the steering wheel vibration is because of the tires. If it is the tires wouldn't the vibration happen all the time, versus coming and going?

3. For those who have put new tires on their Quest. Has anyone noticed if this steering wheel vibration has gone way since they put on new-non Goodyear tires?

Thanks
  • value911value911 Member Posts: 15
    Well let's start with the A/C. I have opened up a complaint with Nissan about how inadequate the A/C is - even in the Midwest. I got so feed up between how little it cools and the brake problem I will note below, that I decided to test the A/C cooling levels of various vans - since I am at my wits end with this 2004 Quest and thinking of trading, but don't want to take a $9,000 depreciation hit in one year.

I took temperature readings from inside the vent and inside the passenger seat of each van - note the temperature reading in the vent will never be that cool in your seat. A/C folks have told me that you can expect a 20 degree difference between the vent and the actual temperature in the passenger seat. Well what you will see is that the Quest A/C just does not cut it.

My 2004 Quest and a Brand New 2005 Quest - 57 vent - 82 seat :lemon:
    Brand New 05 Sienna - 54 vent - 79 seat :surprise:
    Brand New 05 Odessy - 43 vent - 73 seat :)
    Brand New 05 Grand Caravan - 47 vent - 77 seat ;)

Well as you can see the Quest just can't keep it cool. The dealer said they put freon in mine, and it was within specs. Well the specs must be bad, because this vehicle does not cool in a midwest summer. (PS - If I had the money and could afford the trade in hit - the Honda is a no brainer - ride, looks and AC.) Nissan says they will talk to engineering and if I want something fixed on my dime go ahead. Obviously if a brand new one and mine cool the same(unacceptable), no changes will be forthcoming.

Brakes:

Well after 3 sets of rotors and and equal number of resurfacings, they think they found the problem - a caliper. Now they need to order the part and put on the 4th set of rotors at 27,000 miles. Unbelievable. When braking down a hill, thing shakes like an 11 year old watching a horror movie...

Slippage:

When picking up speed after slowing down(going from about 20 mph, building up speed) there is a noticeable slippage. Of course the dealer could not duplicate when they had it. Anyone else experience this?

Trade In:

I did talk trade in with the dealer, and they said they have heard plenty from the early 2004 model buyers. However, they are not doing anything special. Same deal as general public would get, and Nissan 1 hotline says they only help repair - will not assist with a retail purchase. And I thought my Ford Windstar was a POS. Nissan pretty much has lost this customer for any future business.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Vent temp for AC should be, as a rule, 48 degrees or less on any car.
  • iyz408iyz408 Member Posts: 5
    I CANT BELIEVE SO MANY NISSAN QUESTS HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS MINE ! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE . MY 1998 NISSAN QUEST HAS ALL DOORS THAT RATTLE LIKE CRAZY!! I JUST HAD NEW BRAKE PADS INSTALLED AND THEY SANDED OR DID SOMETHING SIMILAR TO MY ROTORS BUT AFTER 3 WEEKS THEY SQUEAK LIKE HELL AND GET LOUDER BEY THE DAY! THEN MY TRANSMISSION GIVES ME PROBLEMS AT FIRST IT FELT LIKE WHEN I REACHED SPEED IT WOULD PULL BACK A BIT AFTER 5 VISITS TO THE REPAIR SHOP AND HAVING DONE EVERYTHING FROM A TRANSMISSION TUNE UP TO A TRANSMISSION FLUSH BUT THEY CANT FIND THE PROBLEM WHEN DRIVING MY VAN JUMPS IT FEELS AS IF I RAN OVER SOMETHING!!!! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM??????? :lemon:
  • plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    I have a 04' SL (Jan '04) with 22,000 miles. Had a family drive from NJ to Florida (2,500 miles in all). We are all still talking to each other. Here are some notes:

1) A/C worked fantastic. Had to keep shutting off the back as it got too cold. 95+F every day with 95% humidity.

2) DVD kept the kids entertained, even played my DVD from a DVD burner (DVD -RW)

3) Got 21.9 without Cruise Control. 22.5 with cruise control. Measered by calculation at each fill-up (200 - 250 miles each).

No rattles, squeks etc.

What a joy. Got the luggage for Five (3 adults, 2 children and toys into the van with no blockage of isles or rear window.

This was a lot better then I expected.
  • njdude101njdude101 Member Posts: 22
    I have 2005 S; Today I notice that there was little amount of flow of very hot heat was coming out from foot vent. I have turn on the fan, turn off the AC, and set fan at only at body (Not at foot), and from upper vent you get a good cool breeze (Of course, if its cool air from outside) but some how it was still blowing very hot air from foot vent even though it was not set up for foot at all.
    Does any one notice this problem with 2005 Quest, I know they had this type of problem with 2004.
  • LDegrelleLDegrelle Member Posts: 74
    I could be wrong but I believe people have had this problem and found a fix for it. Change the fan to 'recirculate' as opposed to 'outside' (or whatever the other one is). Its a known design flaw and to my knowlege there is no know fix. Aditionally no dealer will really take it that seriously. Sorry if it's that much of a hassle, but thats the only way I know around it.

Let us know how it turns out. Of course you limit your fresh air options with recirc, but thats the solution as I know it.
    Glad to here you had a great road trip with your Quest. I too have had many enjoyable road trips in my Quest. I'm on one now ( in san Diego.) I'll share some
    of my experiences at another time. Did you experience any steering wheel vibration at highway speeds?
    I am sorry you are having so many problems. I did a quick check of the temp coming from my a/c. ( I have an 04 SL) Car warmed up and driving. On fan setting # 4, in recirculate, 54 degrees. On fan setting # 3, in recirculate, 46-48 degrees. I'm not sure why fan setting # 3 gets cooler than #4. I live in Phoenix, AZ, so in the summer everyday is over 100 degrees.
    Back around post # 830, Notcool, did get Nissan to buy back his Quest for a/c problems. His was, however, more extreme than yor reading. His van would only cool to 75-80 degrees in Phoenix, AZ heat.

I hope you get your problems resolved.
    What you are experiences is definitley the tires. They could be out of balance, uneven wear, etc. Without spending too much money, i would try rotating and balancing the tires first before replaicng all four tires. If you read other car forums, this is common problem unfortunately. Also check your tire warranty that came with the owner's manual.
    Last summer I had some issues with my AC then I started using the recircualtion mode and now we ahve to turn down the AC. I live in the Northeast and we have had 7 or 8 days already where it has been over 90 and high humidity. e have been fine. Most of the time I leave the fan speed at 2 and have to switch to "outside" air to warm it a bit.

You also have to take into account the rear air conditioning (kids love this) and the huge area to cool.

If you go to www.nissanhelp.com, I beleive they have a "fix" for the warm air at the floor vent issue.
  • gg2k2segg2k2se Member Posts: 109
    There is a known fix for hot air coming from the footwell posted on nissanhelp.com

Service Bulletin Num : 04020
    Date of Bulletin: MAR 05, 2004 View Document

Component: AIR CONDITION SYSTEM: HEATHER
    Summary: 2004 QUEST; A/C BLOWS OUT WARM AIR FROM FLOOR
    VENTS
  • oneforkenoneforken Member Posts: 1
    DID YOU EVER GET ANYTHING IN WRITING FROM NISSAN. I AM A RECENT QUEST OWNER AND WOULD LIKE TO LOOK INTO THIS
    Thanks for that info. Looks like I was getting the run around.
    Yes! Thank you! I have noticed the slippage. Coming from a stop right between 1st and 2nd. Thought it was just me. It seems that if you're going easy on the gas, it slips. If you give it a lot of gas, maybe burn a little rubber, no slippage.

As far as the a/c. It's a big van to cool down. It takes awhile, but the kids get cold in the back.
    Last Fall, Nissan sent a letter to all 2004 owners stating they were extending the warranty to 5 yrs/60k miles. They also sent a sticker to put in the owner's manual as well. I believe this warranty was for all 2004 vehicles. Call Nissan customer service to confirm this. They should be able to send you documentation.
  • 2point542point54 Member Posts: 4
    When the AC unit is working at max effort, it can only create so much "cold" (actually, technically, AC systems remove heat, they don't create cold). Let's say that the evaporator coil (the part of the AC which cools the air) gets down to 35 degrees. If only a small amount of air passes over the evaporator , it can become very cold and the evaporator will be able to keep up. The more air you pass over the evaporator, the less likely that it will be as cold. That is why you notice an increase in vent air temperature when you select a higher fan speed.

If using recirc, this effect will be lessened as the interior air temperature reduces and the air becomes drier because the air entering the system is cooler to start with and it won't have to remove as much water from the air. But if the system is constantly having to try to remove heat from, and dehumidify large amounts of very warm outside air, then the cooling system will simply not be able to keep up.

For best cooling, when you first get in the car, drive with the windows open for a couple of minutes to at least get the cabin down to the outside air temperature. Then, to get the cabin cool the fastest, recirc is best.

Obviously, it wouldn't be desirable to use recirc all the time, but I would suggest that a lower fan speed is actually the best course of action to get the coldest, driest possible air from the vents when using fresh air. The total amount of heat removed from the air will be the same (because the compressor will be running continuously when demand is high) but you won't be forcing cooler, drier air out and replacing it with air that hasn't had a chance to be cooled as much.
    No vibrations. Drove a constatnt 70-75 and got to 80+ without issue.

I did have my rotors done a month-or-so back, but that is it. Tires look OK (21K) onthem, but as others have said the LS is not my tire of choice.
    Thank you for the lesson on a/c. I have one question. In Phoenix, AZ, summer daytime highs average over 105 degrees. Once the van has been cooled in recirc mode wouldn't it be best to keep it in recirc mode at a lower fan speed?
    Thanks for the input. I do have the tires rotated regularly, but have to had them balanced. I will try that. Does anyone have any thoughts about where the best place is to have tires balanced? Is it better to go to my Nissan service department or should I go to a Big O or Discount Tire?
  • chuck0731chuck0731 Member Posts: 12
    I've posted a couple of times before regarding this problem (posts # 1193 & 1221 if anyone is interested), and I think I've finally gotten it fixed (knock on wood). Here's a summary of my adventures. It's long but bear with me; hopefully it will help other having this problem.

My 2004 Quest (purchased in May, 2004) now has about 16,000 miles on it. I had intermittant problems with the steering wheel vibrations at highway speeds which got worse when braking. Last August, they agreed to balance the tires and turn the rotors. This didn't really help, but the problem wasn't too bad during the winter months (I live in Central Ohio). However, beginning in April, 2005 it started getting worse, and more frequent. I brought it in again and, although my test drive with them showed no problems, they believed me and once again balanced the tires and turned the rotors. No help, so I was back in again on May 9th. Once again the test drive went smoothly, but to their credit they still believed me so they kept it for a few days for an extended test drive. Thankfully, that let them "confirm" the problem, so they started getting serious. They "removed/replaced the calipers, rotors and pads" (all this is from the service reports; I know nothing about cars), and told me they needed to replace the tires. May 17th the tires came in (same old Goodyears) and they were replaced. STILL no help and at this point the local Nissan people threw in the towel and decided to call Nissan Tech Support.

Now is when it starts getting interesting. According to the dealer it took Tech Support until June 3rd to get back with them, and that was only to tell them they couldn't send someone to look at the Quest until JUNE 30!!!! I objected to driving this potentially unsafe vehicle since at this point the vibrations were really bad, and again to Nissan's credit they provided me with a loaner for the month of June. Finally, June 30th arrived and amazingly, by noon that day they called and told me the van was fixed. According to the service report the problem was traced to a b>"misadjusted brake lamp switch causing the brakes to be slightly applied all the time." They adjusted the switch, I picked up the car that night, we left the next day for a 500+ mile road trip over the holiday weekend, and.......NOT A SINGLE VIBRATION!!!!!!!

It's hard to believe the solution was so simple, and even the people at my local Nissan dealer were surprised and embarassed they didn't find it. Anyway, that's my story. I hope it helps someone. I'll update again in a while whether I have problems or not.
  • 2point542point54 Member Posts: 4
    You will get the best cooling in recirc mode, but you won't be getting any fresh air.

If you're using recirc, you won't be venting the air inside the van overboard so almost all of the cold air is retained. As a result, it really doesn't matter what fan speed you use unless you like really cold air coming out of the vents. In recirc, the rate of overall heat extraction from the overall volume of air inside the vehicle would be the same regardless of fan speed. It then becomes a case of personal preference... low fan speed for colder air or high fan speed if you like lots of air movement, but slightly warmer air.

When you select fresh mode, you are forcing the cooler, drier air inside the van outside. So using a high fan speed means that you are trying to cool LOTS of hot air from outside so the vent temp is higher, plus you're getting rid of cool air inside the van. Using a lower fan speed in fresh mode means that you'll have a cooler incoming air temp and you won't be spilling as much of the air that you've already cooled.

I'm no expert in 105 degree temps, so at that level it may be necessary to use recirc to adequately cool the van. In really hot temperatures where the system can't keep up in fresh mode, keeping it in recirc, then selecting fresh air mode periodically would ensure that you get some fresh air into the van occasionally to help keep you alert.

Ironically, many of the same principles apply to heating a van up here in the Great White North in the dead of winter.
  • njdude101njdude101 Member Posts: 22
    Yesterday I went to dealer and Tech told me that this is normal with Quest. When you have fan set up at only at Face and for out side air mode then it will blow hot air from Floor Went. I told him if thats case then Nissan probably needs to change design, it should not blow hot air inside the Van. Later he took me to another brand new 2005 Quest and it had same thing blowing hot air from dirverside floor vent.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    I think if you search this forum, you'll find answers to your questions, but....
    1) Yes, I use it for this and it works fine.
    2) According to an e-mail I have from Nissan, they are going to start a mailing campaign to inform owners of this warranty change.
    3) Have SE....
    4) Have a cousin that did this to his Sienna
    5) With the SE, not many accessories we need....

Mark
    2004 Quest SE
  • garandmangarandman Member Posts: 524
    We have an 05 SL and the A/C works extremely well. But may I suggest RTFM? There is a Max A/C mode on the dial that automatically closes the exterior vent and turns up the fan speed. It cools down the van quickly.

We had a hot weekend with 99 degree temps and it worked great.
  • famof3kidsfamof3kids Member Posts: 160
    We just got back from FL as well, our first trip in the van. 12 hour drive from VA to FL. Agree with your A/C statement, same here. DVD worked great. We got 23.8 MPG with cruise. No rattles or squeeks. We got the luggage, toys, and two strollers for 3 adults and 3 children into the van without blocking the rear window. Amazed at how easy the van held 1 week worth of stuff. 1 large, 1 medium suitcase, 2 back packs, 1 small suitcase/back pack, 1 soft sided cooler with drinks, 1 umbrella stroller, 1 small stroller, 6 pillows.
    Interesting how the AC, when on auto, would automatically choose recirculate mode until interior cooled off. Did noticed that the 5 speed auto didn't like traffic jams moving around 20mph, sometimes had a rough shift while trying to decide the gear. Seems it wants to go faster, ha. Front seats very comfortable. Back seats very comfortable with fore and aft adjustments allowed lots of stretching room.
    No complaints from anyone, we still love our Quest!

Mark
  • mborgermborger Member Posts: 2
  • mborgermborger Member Posts: 2
    I bought my 04 Quest 18 months ago, and it had given me nonstop problems-squeaks, doors don't open, replaced radio, airbag, seat warmer, engine brackets, broken cupholder, sun visor, plus all the recalls. Now I am have emission problems. Any suggestions?
    Glad to hear things have worked out for you. I sounds like you have a good service department to work with. Hope your next update is a good one.
    On our way back from San Diego today the vibrations seemed to be getting worse. I will take it in this week to have it checked. I feel the vibrations in the seat as well as the steering wheel. I even think the vibrations can be felt in the 3rd row. I don't feel vibrations when braking like others have commented.
  • hank99hank99 Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same dashboard chirping noise problem with my 1999 Quest for years now. It is intermittent, and like going to the doctor, the symptoms disappear just before I take them to the dealership each time. It is very annoying and I have come close to selling it for this sole reason! Well - this and the sticking accelerator! If you find out the cause and cure for the chirping/vibration noise, please let me know!
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    any chance the chirping sound occurs with the fan on?

FWIW: googling the quest and chirp and dash (etc) turned up the following hit:
    http://www.autosafety.org/article.php?did=128&scid=16
    I go the SL 04, so only a four-speed. Car handles great on the highway. I bet you got better mileage becuase of the 5-speed
  • rick223rick223 Member Posts: 3
    I love my new 2005 Quest SL, but it gave me a start recently when at 3500 mi. the bolt connecting the rod that transmits power to the hatch unscrewed itself from the hatch. I looked at the bolt, which has a star-shaped pattern in the head (matching none of the wrenches I own) and decided to take it to the dealer.

The shop there seemed to have fixed the problem, but when I got home I noticed that the bolt is very loose, wobbling when the hatch moves under power. I called the shop, and was told that there 'should be some play'. However, what I'm seeing is more than that - from the way the bolt and the threaded hole it goes into are set up, it looks to me that when tightened the bolt should be TIGHT, and the play should all be in the socket joint at the end of the power rod. Wobbling bolts make me nervous.

My questions:

1) Should this bolt actually be tightened into the hatch? I didn't want to get into an argument with the service folks without knowing the situation;
    2) What kind of wrench fits this bolt? It looks like I could do this myself very easily if I had the right tool;

Thanks for any info!
  • jbr01jbr01 Member Posts: 2
    I had problems with my 2004. I went to Nissan and they said they could not do anything but try and fix it. They sent a team from their engineering department and they looked at it for days and said it was within specs. (They claim the 67 degrees at vent is within specs) I went to the BBB autoline arbitration process and no luck there. The next day I sent a very formal email and hardcopy to several senior execs at Nissan. In the letter I stated the problems which were all very well documented via video tape. I sent them a copy of the video tape. I informed them my next step would be to have something published in the local paper here (Dallas Morning News - where my sister in law is a Sr. Editor and had agreed to run the story as I had 2 infants that were riding in a car with 1,000 miles on it and sweating.) The local news (WFAA- ABC affiliate) also contacted me and wanted to run an "investigative report" on the situtation. Anyways, within 2 days I had 9 Nissan reps call me to start the buy back process. All I wanted from the beginning was to turn the vehicle in and walk away without owing. I put a decent down payment down and was willing to forfeit that. I did not want any money back for payments, insurance, time, aggravation etc. They kept saying no!!. In the end, it ended up costing them a lot of $$ and a customer. I will never ever own, endorse, or refer anyone to a Nissan product. :lemon:
    I just went out to check the hatch on my 04 SL. There is no play in the bolt you are describing. It is tight as can be. I can't see why the bolt on mine would be tight and yours would be loose. Maybe you could have the dealer show you another new 05 SL to see if, in fact, this bolt is loose on the 05's.
    Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I hope the next car you choose gives you know problems

Good Luck
  • rick223rick223 Member Posts: 3
    I suspected as much. Guess I'm going back. When I got to the shop I remember that it took about 1/2 hour to retrieve the car from wherever it was resting, which I thought was odd. I wonder if they forgot to check the bolt until the last minute and did a rush job on it at the last minute (although I can't see how you can mess up installing a bolt like that...)

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.