Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Quest 2004+: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    pulisubspulisubs Member Posts: 39
    toblerone, whether to invest $3500 for the Nav/DVD is your choice. But I can vouch for its accuracy. At least in metro Orlando area. We are new to Orlando. The day after we bought the van, we got lost in downtown - not that Orlando downtown is huge - but getting lost is getting lost and you don't want to end up in the wrong neighbourhood with a spanking new minivan and a toddler.

We entered the destination to the safest location (Florida Mall of course!) and we were there, safely and accurately. Just told the system to use Freeways.

Of course, like any Nav system, it won't recognize brand new roads and communities, like the one we live in (even MapQuest doesn't know), but you can buy an upgrade CD perhaps a couple of years later and be all set.

All in all, we are satisfied with the Nav system. The only thing we'd have liked is a touch screen. Right now you have to use the little joystick thingy to program everything. But at the same time, the screen is so far back from the driver's position that touch screen may not be a good idea.
  • Options
    frittobfrittob Member Posts: 52
    2) The navigation system is a wonderful toy.

I call it a toy, because it's not really a requirement ... on the other hand, it's much more than a $2000 map.

I really like the auto-rerouting capabilities. We'll be driving to a destination, and it automatically recalculates your route if you go off the original route. Nice for the "wonder what's down this road" kinda driving. I've driven down streets 2-3 miles from my home that i didn't even know existed, probably because the NAV system gives you the confidence that you won't ever get lost.

When you testdrive it, make sure the salesman shows you the Birdview perspective. It's pretty cool.

Worth the $2000 MSRP? that's a personal financial decision. Myself, you bet'cha, I'd get it again. It makes driving that much more fun!

Rickpct, we've had our SE for about 2 months now, without either of the problems indicated in this forum (yet <g>).
  • Options
    tobleronetoblerone Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for your input. It sounds pretty neat.

pulisubs--- We are going to Orlando in about 10 days. We always get lost down there. Especially going to the airport to avoid tolls. Is it smart enough to do that? Can you tell it to avoid toll roads? That would be sooooo cool.
    BTW Our cost would be $1735. We are paying invoice and the DVD player is a given. Our 2 year old requires it! hehehe

Still interested in more input. XM doesn't seem real popular!
  • Options
    pulisubspulisubs Member Posts: 39
    toblerone, you can tell it to avoid toll roads. There's a setting right before you hit OK to start route guidance where you can set it. It is really cool. We've used it quite often.

If you want specific locations around Orlando airport to avoid toll, I can email you some directions. I don't know many local roads around the attractions but definitely around airport because we live in the area.

Write to me at spulijala@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Here's the options you can choose from in calculating the route:

Shortest Time OR Shortest Distance (Choose One)

Minimize Toll Roads (Toggle Off/On)
    Minimize Freeway (Toggle Off/On)
    Use Time Restricted Roads (Toggle Off/On)
    Use Ferry Roads (Toggle Off/On)
  • Options
    bcfanbcfan Member Posts: 6
    My wife loves the 2004 Quest SE, which would be great for her main activities of hauling kids and antiques.

However, we are concerned about its tow capacity of 3,500 pounds. Is this sufficient to pull a small pop-up camper, plus family and luggage, on camping trips in the mountains of North Carolina?

Her (by far) second and third choices are a Sequoia and an Armada, respectively, but she has deemed them not as convenient for carpool load-up and we would have to get a basic model to stay in our price range (far fewer bells and whistles).

Your thoughts are appreciated!
  • Options
    gg2k2segg2k2se Member Posts: 109
    Here in mid-state NY, it's happened for the 3rd time this morning. Only on one door and as soon as it warms up it starts working again. The door will slide shut, then immediately retract and beep, like it hit something. In "power off" mode, I can slide it shut but the door never pull-in and latches so the door remains free to slide.

So I took videotape again and told my dealer they had to come to my house to witness the event in person since I couldn't drive it with the door open. Well, they came, saw, and took it back to the shop. I don't have much confidence that Nissan knows what's going on, the Service Manager said they'll "adjust the door". But I believe it's a slightly sticky switch or latch that tightens up at cold and makes the door behave like there's an obstruction.
  • Options
    Nissan actually came out to your house in the morning to witness ... that's wonderful
  • Options
    car4youcar4you Member Posts: 36
    I am still trying to decide between the Quest and the Sienna. Is the problem with the door not closing on the power or manuel door or both?
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    We have hit single digits and below here in PA and I have not had a problem with my manual sliding doors. I'm assuming that the people having troubles have the power door option.

After hearing about these problems on this board and other problems that have plagued Honda, Toyota, Chrysler, Ford, Mazda dn GM power doors, I am glad I chose not to get automatic doors.
  • Options
    bad1550bad1550 Member Posts: 27
    I've had my 2004 Quest SL for 10 days and have been experiencing Noise/Rattling on the Driver's side door area, most noticable over rough surfaces. Also the radio/cd would not work in the park position (this has happened twice already).

This is my first post, so rather than reading over hundreds of messages, can someone please offer any help!

Thanks,

Bob
  • Options
    shenkarshenkar Member Posts: 159
    bad1550, door rattles have been the single biggest issue on this board for this first-year redesigned quest. Some have been easy to resolve, and some have been more...er, challenging. I also had very annoying rattles over any road imperfections, but mine have been completely eliminated by simply lubricating all the latching and connection points for the doors with WD40.

I've posted full instructions on this thread maybe 6 weeks ago, so look around for them. Others have had success with this method, when the dealers were not able to stop them, like in my case. In other cases, only the dealer was able to resolve the problem. Since most of the situations were solved in some fashion, I view this as just another first-year issue that should not plauge the vans in the future.
  • Options
    ron1027ron1027 Member Posts: 9
    I had the door seals and the large seals on the body (at the top of the doors) both replaced under warranty yesterday. I can report that even though it got to -13 deg. F last night and our Quest sat out in it all night, the rattles seem to have been exorcised from our van(it never got above 0 deg. F during the day today and still, no rattles).

(On the other hand, my wife must have inadvertently kept her finger on one of the key fob buttons last night after picking up the van at the dealership- which resulted in both front windows being open all night. (Good thing we got the SL upgrade package with the seat heaters!) Fortunately, the windows went back up without a hitch- not bad considering how cold it was this morning!)
  • Options
    tsytsy Member Posts: 1,551
    An interesting question- I have a Sequoia and my wife has the Quest. Here are my thoughts:

The Quest is easier to drive, has a better ride, gets better gas mileage, has better acceleration, braking and cornering, the insurance and maintenance is less expensive, it is more convenient for carrying people (the Sequoia third row seat is difficult to reach and better for smaller people), is much easier to convert quickly for carrying big things (I recently moved a large desk in the Quest- went from seven seats up to all of them down in about a minute, I didn't want to remove the seats in my Sequoia- they're heavy, and the second row seats are very difficult to remove, although they tumble forward), and while backing up in an SUV is a nightmare, with the reverse sensor in the Quest it's all too easy. The Quest has a powerful engine and with the towing package I doubt you'd have much trouble with a pop-up camper and some luggage, unless you happen to be a family of linebackers. And it's a lot less expensive.

The advantages of the Sequoia- It's higher up so you can see more, better traction from 4 wheel drive (If you get this, otherwise the Quest does quite well in the snow and I suspect would be better than a rear drive Sequoia), more rugged if you drive very rough roads or off road, much more towing ability, and better image (?) than driving a minivan- if this is important to you.

I love both of my vehicles and am quite happy with them, although if I didn't need the 4 wheel drive I'm not sure I would still own the Sequoia.
    It sure can be a pain to park it.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
    tom
  • Options
    tsytsy Member Posts: 1,551
    Well, I applied WD-40 per shenkar's directions (thanks!) to the driver's side door, but only the upper dovetail behind the B-pillar, (I was going to systematically do one contact point at a time to find the offending culprit) and the squeaks disappeared. Now I know I only have to lubricate one point every month or so, instead of 8. I can live with this, although I would like to see a more permanent fix. No problems with the Passenger side door since the dealer adjusted it.

Has anyone tried any other lubricants? I tried a teflon grease but it didn't last very long.

tom
  • Options
    bcfanbcfan Member Posts: 6
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Quest vs. Sequoia and towing (certainly what we wanted to hear).

Since posting the original question, I spoke to a sales rep at an RV dealer. He said that while the Quest would be "ok" with a small camper, he would recommend the Sequoia with its greater capacity.

However, I think day-to-day practicality may win out with us.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    tsy, I found a silicon spray and a White Lithium Grease spray at Pep Boys, but the WD40 did the job just fine for me. I've had the van since last September and 10,300 miles (whew), and I've only had to WD twice.
  • Options
    Frustrating, but an end is sight hopefully. YES, the service manager came to my house yesterday and drove my Quest back to the dealer. I told them this is a widespread issue and they should call Nissan, but, of course, they "fixed it" themselves by adjusting the door (they have a hard time accepting suggestions from informed customers). Well, their fix didn't work so I called them again this morning and logged an issue with 800-nissan1.

The service manager called me back, said they had spoken with Nissan engineering who agrees it's a widespread issue with a sticky latch on the front of the door. It doesn't release/open all the way when the door is opened so it's not in position to grab when the door is closed. Nissan is supposedly "checking the latches individually in cold weather", then shipping out the good ones (sounds slighlty absurd when there are cold chambers used throughout industry).

In the meantime, the dealer told me that pulling the door handle repeatedly may loosen up the latch enough so it closes. I asked about WD40'ing the latch, but they didn't know.

I'll be back.......
  • Options
    weldonrweldonr Member Posts: 6
    I had the dealer repair both sliding doors on Monday. They followed the TSB. This fixed the passenger door but the driver door was still making clicking sounds. I brought it back on Wednesday and they repaired the driver door. However, after driving for about an hour around the area, I noticed tell tale signs of it coming back. It is not as bad yet, so I will give it more time before bringing it back. The tech said the contacts get out of line so he needs to adjust them. He said they do this at the factory but usually after people drive them, things move around so they need to be adjusted. He believes one time adjustment is all that is required but I have my doubts.
    I am curious as to the theory behind the WD-40. How does this eliminate the noise.

BTW, someone asked about Nissan/dealer support and so far I am very impressed with thier willingness to make things right for customers. Steven's Creek Nissan has been doing a great job but it is annoying that I need to spend so much time there.

Also, I reported previously about my back up sensor intermittantly coming on continuously. On Monday, the dealer could not duplicate the problem but on Wednesday, it happended for them. They plan to replace it. No idea what went wrong.
  • Options
    st_pust_pu Member Posts: 74
    I was person who opened this discussion, because thoughts about buying Quest2004, Sienna 2004.... or Ody 2003. ----- Got Ody 2003 EX 6 months ago because of lower price while having both power doors + climate controll and not first year model. So far - so good(8,000 miles). Didn't have single issue from day I bought this vehicle.
    And I love it. It's so damn good.
  • Options
    samy_casamy_ca Member Posts: 5
    gg2k2se: I have the same exact problem, my dealer has diagnosed the problem and ordered the following parts to rectify the problem:

Right Rear Mechanism - Part Number &#147;82500-5200&#146;
    Right Sliding door Main Lock Cable - Part Number &#147;82512-52000&#148;

The only problem, these are backordered parts and I am on 3 to 4 weeks wait.

BTW, Is the latch same as striker? Did they order the Latch for you?

Please update any progress on this problem.
  • Options
    cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    After reading about this issue, I think Nissan should ultimately do a recall on all Quests once a fix is found. This is a huge safety issue because some owners were forced to drive home with their doors opened.

Imagine what would happen if the van was t-boned in an accident and the van didn't have a door to protect the occupants. You might as well be riding a motorcycle. Nissan might argue it's the owner's choice to drive the vehicle with the door opened, but their basic warranty doesn't include roadside assistance which includes towing, so some might not want to spend $70 to have it towed.

I am also a new Quest owner and naturally I was hoping this van would shine amongst the competition, but this door issue is a serious one.

I hope someone at Nissan is monitoring these forums because they provide an abundance of feedback from customers.....and it's free!!
  • Options
    I've had my '04 Quest SL for 2 weeks and today the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. Also there was a very noisy wind coming from the driver's side area today driving on the highway.

Has anyone experienced these issues?

Thanks,

Bob
  • Options
    wmealieawmealiea Member Posts: 6
    My Quest SE didn't start after sitting in the cold for 24 hours last weekend. My 2 year old may have left one of the reading lights on, but they are supposed to short off automatically. Well, I had it towed to the dealer and after checking it out, they found the Body Control Module had failed. This is the part that automatically shuts of the lights. They also adusted the sliding door and put insulation around the back seat to get rid of 2 rattles.
  • Options
    weldonrweldonr Member Posts: 6
    This happened on my SE about 2-3 weeks after I owned it. I brought it in and they said they upgraded the s/w code on a chip and that took care of it.
  • Options
    Just picked up my Grean Tea SE with NAV and Double DVD tonight. Had to drive it home in the slushy, icy snow. Did OK until I got home. I live on a steep driveway. Had to plow a little before I could get up.

We had a fantastic experience from the dealer we purchased from. They didn't play any games and evey other dealer I called said that there was no way they were going to honor what they quoted. Well, they did.

I got the loaded SE (which, by the way, they had to get from another dealer. There was only 1 in my area that was the correct color / option combination.)for $573 below invoice. I paid $33,800 plus 5% tax and $107 to transfer my tags. PERIOD! Nothing else! I financed for 5 years at 1.9%. They also gave me $100 more than the highest quote I got on my trade. They are no-nonsense. I would recommend them to anyone.

In fact, we are going back Monday night to buy a SL Altima, also below invoice! Can't pass it up at .9% interest and below invoice!

Now to my question......

On the test drive (a different vehicle than the one I bought) and again tonight, the sliding door has opened or closed when I have turned on / off the map light in the front. I have never been able to get it to do it. But, I have seen it happen 3X so far between tonight and the test drive. What is up with that? Anyone else experienced this?

So far, I have not noticed a rattle from anywhere and it is too cold to check the "hot air" problem. We will be in FL later this month. I will check that then.

THANKS TO ALL WHO POSTED ON THIS BOARD. I TOOK EVERYTHING YOU ALL SAID INTO CONSIDERATION BEFORE DECIDING ON THE QUEST. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
  • Options
    >the sliding door has opened or closed when I have turned on / off the map light in the front.

You probably are hitting the open/close sidedoor buttons on the overhead console.

There are four buttons there (Left sliding door, Off/On switch, Back Door, Right sliding door). The Off/On switch can disable the sliding doors from opening (at least from the back, maybe the overhead also)

There's a button below the steering wheel to turn off the overhead lights.

Great Deal on your Quest! Enjoy
  • Options
    raul4raul4 Member Posts: 95
    On my SL, the on/off switch disables only the inside switches on the sliding and back doors. These doors can still be opened manually from the outside and also with the remote when the on/off switch is activated.
    It would be great if the back door could be disabled period because if I accidentally push the back door on the remote while in the garage, it will go up until it hits the garage door and then close.
  • Options
    I know what your saying. When it first happened my mother was driving and I said, "you must have hit the button...." She swore that she didn't. The last two times it happened, I was driving. And now, I swear I didn't! lol

We will try and pay close attention and see if it happens again!
  • Options
    vince14vince14 Member Posts: 55
    congrats on your SE. I'm jealous, we only have the SL.

I would leave the overhead switch in off for a while and see if you have no recurrence of the "magic door"

I know I'm used to pressing a button for map lights, not the light itself. You can, as pointed out previously, always use the remote to open the doors with the switch off.

raul- it does take a second or so holding the button to activate the doors with the remote, so at least you can't swipe it. I know what you mean, though, since I was very aware of the problem the day we brought the car home.
    Since then, being so aware, I pulled into the garage, pressed the overhead button to open the side door and heard my 9-yr old son yell, "Dad!" as I noticed the garage door opening while in the garage! (Woops, wrong button)
    Needless to say, I couldn't locate the button quickly enough to reverse the process and the door hit the open garage door... fortunately, the only contact was the handle which hit the license plate! whew!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried to put a luggage basket on their roof rack? I had a Yakima on my old Montero and wanted it put on Quest. Dealer said they wouldn't and recommended NOT putting any aftermarket luggage basket on the roof of the Quest. Sounds a little weird to me. What good is the roof rack if you can't use it? Maybe they were just being lazy. Any input is appreciated.
  • Options
    I brought my Quest SL in for service today. I just called and they said they adjusted Slider door on driver's side for rattling, corrected the wind noise coming from the driver's window but as of now could not find out why the "Service Engine Soon" light is still on.

Bob
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    Service Engine Soon light - could this be that the gas cap is not on properly? I know I have read on other boards where this happens and it does take some time for the light to go off. Just a thought.
  • Options
    The service guy said it was related to the coolant system and it seems to be ok now. They went for a ride and seemed to fix one of the rattles in the driver side slider but now another rattle when making a right turn! I told them I would leave the car and hopefully can resolve today!

Bob
  • Options
    ljeglljegl Member Posts: 4
    What did the dealership do to correct the wind noise coming from the driver side window? Was the noise a whistle sound?
  • Options
    They said they corrected the very loud wind noise on thr drivers side by "adjusting" the drivers door. So far they wind noise is gone!

So far, the driver's side rattle is gone which they said was adjusted!

Bob
  • Options
    freephkfreephk Member Posts: 3
    I had a problem starting my new Quest SL couple days ago. I went in for shopping and came out in 45 minutes. When I tried to start the car, it wouldn't start. I hear the engine was trying to start and stop. I was so frustrated and called dealer and my salesperson. They weren't much help. They told me to bring it in. Anyway, I tried again and again for about 30 minutes. And, it suddnely works. The temp was about 20s outside if that has to do anything with this.
    I guess I am going to bring this car dealer to check up. And also, it seems like the engine noise is little bit loud. Anyone has problem with these with your new Quest?

thanks.

Pete
  • Options
    cirrusscirruss Member Posts: 87
    There are 2 things which would have caused your car not starting. One is your engine is flooded with fuel. This could happen if you try cranking multiple times and fuel is being injected every time. The other thing could be a hickup in your transponder key (car's immobilizer system). If the immobilizer system wasn't deactivated when you inserted the key, the fuel pump would also be disabled, and therefore you can crank but no start because you have no fuel going to your car.

This exact same problem happened to my neighbours new Highlander last week. She tried starting for 45 minutes with no luck. That night she tried again and it started right up. Now she did say the engine choked a bit on the initial startup may indicate the engine was flooded with fuel.
  • Options
    Anyone who lives in cold weather; Don't get an unpleasant surprise. I would recommend letting your Quest get really cold to check the automatic doors, leave it out of the garage on cold nights. It sounds like several Quests at our NY dealer have this problem and we only noticed it after a late night movie. Our door did not close during 5 degree weather. Parts from Nissan arrived Monday. The dealer took 2 days to get everything installed and adjusted properly. They told me that after installing the new part, the door would not even shut, sounds like they made things worse. They called Nissan again and with help from body shop adjusted the door. Told me they spent 6 hours on the job. I still don't have the official work order since they were trying to decide how to charge all the time, but I'll post the part number info once I get it.

The door sounds much better, it had a squeak that is now gone. It works fine, but the temperature has not been down to zero this past week, so I'm still waiting for the real test.
  • Options
    gg2k2se: thanks for the update. This is really a good timing, since my dealer has diagnosed the same problem and ordered the following parts to rectify the problem:

Right Rear Mechanism - Part Number ?82500-5200?
    Right Sliding door Main Lock Cable - Part Number ?82512-52000?.

Unfortunately, today I have went to pick up the car, but the door is still acting up. While the door auto reverse symptom has gone away. It seems, the power motor is not able to move the door and require a manual push to get started, especially after they have left the car for couple of hours in -10 C .

gg2k2se if your problem has been fixed, could you please list the name of your dealer and any contact info, so I could pass it to the service manager at my dealer (Sherway Nissan, Etobicoke, Ontario). This will save him lots of time, since they are not sure about the next steps and Nissan Tech support does not have good understanding of the problem.

There is only one conclusion about My QUEST SE, IT IS SEXY, BUT IT IS NOT DESIGNED FOR THE COLD WEATHER

1- The Sliding door is stuck.
    2- The sunroof would not slide open. Don?t mind, you don?t want do that anyway.
    3- The skyview shades would not roll back to open position.
    4- The heating Airflow from the front floor outlet is very low and it takes around 10 minutes to feel any heat (with MAX temperature and MAX fan).
  • Options
    Ask for the service manager at Serafini Nissan in Vestal NY, 607.729.3511
  • Options
    teebone_usateebone_usa Member Posts: 2
    Pete,

Experienced poor starting on a few occasions with our new SE. It has happened first thing in the morning when the temp was below 20 degrees. Twice, I did manage to get it started. The engine sounded pretty rough for a few seconds, then settled in to a normal sounding run.

I took it in for the 1K mile inspection and reported the problem. Service couldn't duplicate and the diagnostics from the computer check showed nothing wrong.

Three days later, the temp was around 5 degrees, I tried for 40 minutes with no success. The engine cranked fine, but would not turn over. Each time it got close to starting it would make a muffled (poompf) sound... The technician explained this as something to do with the compression and probably a fuel problem. Had it towed to the dealer and they couldn't start the van either. They pushed it into the service center, let it sit for 30 minutes to warm up, then it started...go figure...

Did you, (or anyone else), experience this sound when failing to start your vehicle?

They checked with the corporate Nissan tech guys and confirmed it as a faulty fuel pump. The part was ordered nearly two weeks ago...still waiting for Nissan to issue a ship date on the part.

Oh well, they did set me up with a paid rental until my vehicle is ready. '04 Cadillac DeVille...nice ride, but reminds me of my grandfather's car!
  • Options
    gg2k2se: Thanks a lot for the info.
    I guess my conclusion deemed right, since we are hearing more and more about parts problems with Cold Weather. Let us pray that Nissan is not using any of the Old Quest parts (i.e FORD Parts)
  • Options
    ron1027ron1027 Member Posts: 9
    FYI, our SL has managed to survive several nights (outside) where overnight lows got down to -13 deg. F (and the daytime "high" temperature was 0 deg. F) with absolutely NO PROBLEMS with the powered sliding door on the passenger side. (the VQ35DE engine seems to have no problems with such cold temps either! It's always eager to start up and go!)

I think the problems is/are related to the new Quest being a first year vehicle with some bugs that need to be ironed out.
  • Options
    trudyttrudyt Member Posts: 4
    I have had numerous problems with my Quest and am totally fed up with the poor design and inability of Nissan to fix these problems.
    Sliding doors -- cannot close and worse -- have opened when the car is in motion. This is with small children in the back seat.
    Radio -- Intermittently has no audio although all displays are on.
    Transmission -- hesitates, doesn't accelerate from slow speed.
    Rattles, noises, sounds like an old junk box.
    Windshield washer -- driver side doesn't work, was replaced and service said this is the design.
    Heating/Ventilation -- In warm weather if you want outside fresh air, you get warm air that is somehow heated by the engine. In cold weather the car never seems to adequately heat on the floor level.
    Service response has been that they are unable to duplicate my problems or that the car operates in the manner in which it was designed.
    Has anyone been successful using "lemon law" arbitration to get a refund?
  • Options
    hignzhignz Member Posts: 1
    I have noticed in earlier messages that several people have complained about heat coming out of the front lower vents. This is driving me crazy!
    My Quest is now sitting at the dealership for the fourth time trying to get this problem resolved. Has anybody had this problem and gotten it fixed. Apparently there is a part that they are now saying is coming and will fix the problem. But as I am now 0 for 4 on this I am getting to the end of my rope on this one.

Please let me know if anyone has found any success with this problem. I am always in sandals and it's a constant annoyance.

Thanks
  • Options
    teebone_usateebone_usa Member Posts: 2
    trudyt,

I haven't had to resort to lemon law arbitration, yet... but I did find some useful information on the following website.

Basically, lemon laws vary by state. You can browse here for your particular state summary.

http://www.carlemon.com/

Good luck.
  • Options
    Has anyone noticed it takes a long time for the heat to come on? I have the Quest SL and I know its been below zero here in NY for the past 6 weeks but my old minivan (98 plymouth voyager) did not take long to heat up?

Bob
  • Options
    trudyttrudyt Member Posts: 4
    The heating system on the Quest is inadequate. The lower floor vents never heat and the car never is comfortably warm. Today, I drove the car for 14 miles (outside temp was 21F) and the car remained cold the entire time. In the warm months the ventillation system brings in warm air which is heated by the engine. This is when you want cool, fresh air. Great Design!!!!
  • Options
    I have a 2004 Quest SE with 11,600 miles on it already, and I have never had any of the excessive or inadequate climate control issues recounted here. Seems some people say they get to much heat and some say the don't get enough. Some say the A/C works well, and others say it doesn't work at all. This dichotomy makes it impossible to assess the validity of the complaints, due to inconsistency.

Although I complained long and hard about my initial displeasure with the van due to incessant rattles in the early miles, a very simple, self-help remedy solved every one. Now, the van is issueless (is that a word?), and exceedingly enjoyable to own and drive.

As far as climate control is concerned, this van both heats and cools far better than either of the 3 Mercedes sedans we own. Please don't make the mistake of mentally trashing your van. These are all typical "new-model" occurences, and will all be resolved in time.

Since we did not patiently wait till the second-year model run, we must now patiently wait on the various first-year fixes that will inevitably come. Nissan is not known to produce trash nowadays.
This discussion has been closed.