Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Frontier Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 3tacoma3tacoma Member Posts: 15
    centralcal,
    Yes, that is what the dealer is trying to do to me. They are tacking on an additional $500 destination fee even though a destination fee is already included in the MSRP.
  • centralcalcentralcal Member Posts: 215
    There is a whole forum on Edmunds on this. Someone way back it the 05 Taco forum had a great website about all the dealer holdbacks, ways they make money and things to watch out for. I wish I could remember the website but I found it very helpful. Even thinking I had done all my research and everything was in order, the dealer still tried to pull some crap on me at the end also. I really hope this is the last car I buy for a long time (so far, this truck is great).
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    You are probably talking about our Smart Shopper message board. There are a number of helpful discussions there. Specifically, Dealer's Tricks - bait & switch, etc..
  • cateye36cateye36 Member Posts: 5
    Hello again! I just FINALLY got my first response to 6 emails sent out requesting internet quotes. Apparently in California, they want to make things harder so the buyer comes in.
    Anyway, I got a "2% over invoice" quote which means (in my math) that I would pay $608 OVER invoice but $2333 less than MSRP. I emailed him back (Nissan of Orange) that it was a good START...any suggestions how to whittle this price down further??? Thanks!!!
  • badnessbadness Member Posts: 242
    Hey can you tell us what you paid for your truck after all said in done?
  • pryme21pryme21 Member Posts: 11
    I was at the dealer in Reno last night looking at the new frontiers and I noticed that they have a $2995.00 sierra market adjustment over and above the MSRP. The truck was a NISMO 4x4 CC with several options. The MSRP was around $31,000 which seems to be in line with pricing info I have but it was over $34,000 with this "adjustment" seems way too much for that type of truck.
    Dose anyone know what this adjustment is and if all the dealers around the sierras have it. I am getting all my ducks in a row and should try and buy the last week of this month. I cant decide if I should use the Fighting Chance "fax attack" or try the CarBargains.org service.
    Any Information would be helpful.
    Thanks
    if you are willing to go to Seattle to pick up your truck, you can get you truck for $500 under invoice, no hassle. I was going this route, but they didn't have what I wanted. You are not supposed to give dealer info, but it starts with new, has a hyphen, then goes nissans and ends with .com.
  • pryme21pryme21 Member Posts: 11
    you can post dealer info but not personal contact info. What's the dealer name in Seattle with the $500.00 below invoice. I don't really want to go that far but it could be a good card to play.Thanks
    the website is new-nissans.com, they have all the information there. I was working with them, they had ordered a truck, but the build date never came around and a truck in LA came available. I definitely didn't get as good of deal, but it was less hassle.
  • wyldcat89wyldcat89 Member Posts: 8
    I bought my truck from the above mentioned website. I drove the 160 miles for a better deal but got the exact truck I wanted which was on another dealerships lot. They did a dealer trade the next day and it was there waiting when I arrived. They gave me more on my trade than I expected, plus they were really helpful with a first time new car buyer. I would recommend them to anyone.
    like we say give up imput when you have some mi. on it,what truck did you buy??

Goodluck Pay
  • ricceesriccees Member Posts: 24
    I paid $200 over Invoice but I probably could've done better. See other dealers around (Garden Grove, Costa Mesa, Tustin, Irvine, Rancho Santa Margarita) and tell them to beat the present quote you have - lowest price wins. Tell Orange this is what you are going to do!
  • seawiz79seawiz79 Member Posts: 18
    I got a quote from the Bremerton, WA dealership.
    Here it is if anyone would like to know.
    2005 CC Nismo 4x4
    $24,225 *special internet price*
    I have the complete breakdown in price if anyone wants it.
  • mtbxcmtbxc Member Posts: 3
    Hey all,

Last week ordered a LE cc 4x2 here in Delaware. Had originally discussed a SE w same dealer and I had offered them $200 over invoice. A little to my surprise, they accepted that offer but a vehicle with my major options could not be located (w/ABLS, sunroof, curtain airbags, microfilter) . Seems 4x2's are not very popular in this area of the country. I then looked at the LE, loved the base options and they agreed to invoice and a factory order with no argument.

Only thing that scares me about the Frontier and has me seriously still thinking about a CR-V is the gas mileage.

Let you know when it comes in and hopefully deal completes without hassle.
  • midnightsunmidnightsun Member Posts: 92
    $24,749 for the truck, utility bed package, hitch package, bug shield, body side moldings, microfilter, and all-weather (grooved rubber) floor mats, destination, and dealer prep. Price does not include sales tax.

I ordered the truck in late January and received it in late March.

I am a happy camper.
  • frontybonefrontybone Member Posts: 2
    I've had my new Frontier for about 2 months now and I have only been impressed, see this is my 3rd Nissan truck ('86 H/B & '01 EX) and by far it is the best.
  • nwexplorernwexplorer Member Posts: 4
    please pass the breakdown...
    thank you
  • waterman1waterman1 Member Posts: 21
    I payed 22,400 for mine. dealership is in harrisonburg, va. ">
  • seawiz79seawiz79 Member Posts: 18
    Current Configuration
    '05 FRONTIER 4X4 NISMO KG-CB AUTO

K27-Z
    STORM GRAY, CHARCOAL
    Invoice MSRP
    BASE $22,844 $24,700
    BDT $607 $700
    SPRAY-IN BEDLINER
    CNV $478 $550
    AUDIO/CNV PKG
    EXT $222 $290
    SLIDING BED EXT
    FLO $61 $80
    FLOOR MATS
    MIC $39 $50
    MICROFILTER
    STL ($86) ($100)
    STEEL WHEEL CREDI
    50S $0 $0
    50 STATE EMISSION
    Freight Charge $560 $560

Total $24,725 $26,830

MSRP - $26,830
    Invoice - $24,725
    Internet Price - $24,225
    Available Rebate (optional) - -$0
    Discounted Internet Price - $24,225*

*Discounted Internet Price includes rebate, but does not include tax or licensing.
  • scubadiver3scubadiver3 Member Posts: 1
    '05 Frontier LE CC 4x4
    Sunroof, leather, Rockford Fosgate, bed extender, tow receiver, floormats, microfilter

$28225

OTD price under $30K, with TTL. MSRP was over 31K, and we were about $550 below invoice, I think. Can't say for sure b/c sticker did not have extender and receiver included, check edmunds.com though. Nice truck, we love it so far...
  • autoshopper1autoshopper1 Member Posts: 1
    ;)

From the company mentioned in good terms in many places here! Had to say thanks without breaking the rules. I hope this way was OK. I use the autoshopper1 for mystery shopping, shhhhh!
  • brnsmojobrnsmojo Member Posts: 1
    hi,
    i'm from atlanta georgia. i've recantly been in a situation where i have to make a purchase for a 4dr nissan frontier crew cab immediately. the dealers in atlanta did not want to let up. it seemed some dealers were charging for these frontiers like they were toyota's! anyway, i had 6 pages worth of work of haggling and trying to get the base/cash price out of all of these guys, and the best i was able to come up with was a 2000 nissan frontier xe 2wdr for $10,900 (incl. taxes,etc.,) that was our walk-out price ($10,900)..so really he sold the car to me for a little over 10k with about 82k miles.. i wonder if i got a deal..the edmunds.com retail dealer price was 8,800 and i know i was overcharged at least about $1000..i know it's a business and these folk gotta make their money just like everybody else..i knew that if i went private i'd be able to get $1000 cheaper but there was no private's that were cheaper/wanting to come down seemed even the private parties wanted to be like these big dog salesman and beg for the high dollar too!.or the private parties are wanting to hold on to their frontiers! (They must be enjoying them) anyway, did a carfax, car had only one very minor accident where i had a rear and there was no damage done.. my husband is in love with the vehicle and i hope and pray i got a good deal (and a good car.) my mechanic said the car looked pretty good, in good shape. i definitely feel like if you can hold off and be patient, you can talk a dealer into $9000, just don't rush, don't act excited over the vehicle. it's YOUR cash and you can take it elsewhere if you want. they knew we wanted this car today, and we did, and we got it, even though they did get us $1000 more than they really should or could have. if you have the time, be patient and the right car will come when it's time. a clean carfax report is always good (no accidents, good mileage per year (less than 15k), etc.,:) anyway, for a dealship, i think i got an okay deal..i don't think i was TOO ripped off, but i didn't rip them off of making money either.. in my opinion, we both benefited...but if you be patient and wait for a private that has taken good care of their vehicle, you could get a MUCH better deal, if you have the time..
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Back then, I could've got a new 2wd ext cab XE 5sp for $12500 out the door. There was a time Nissan offer $2500 or $3000 discount on all Frontiers. I think you really have paid more than you should. But as long as you enjoy your vehicle, that's the most important.

• nismo05frontynismo05fronty Member Posts: 1
    i got a super black nismo kc 4x2 from a dealer in houston, tx (the only nismo in stock)
    with bug shield and running boards.
    for 21k out the door driving down the road
  • sohisohi Member Posts: 2
    What do you think would be a good price to pay for a 05 LE with leather and rockford? The MSRP is $27800 and the invoice is $25800.
  • cwbrow2cwbrow2 Member Posts: 9
    Dealer holdback on the LE is $493, so I would start negotiating at 25500 and work your way up from there. I would not go over invoice if I were you..in fact...try to negotiate toward the end of the month. Also, is it a late or early production model...there is a $100 difference between the two and keep in mind that the last day you can order an 05 is June 10th with the 06's coming to the lots around the end of Oct (I think).
  • rmg4rmg4 Member Posts: 2
    first time post
    what is a good price
    05 4x4 nismo kg-cb auto
    utility bed package
    audio package
    traction package
    side airbag package
    microfilter
    floor mats
    50s50 state emission
    msrp $27,610
    my cost $25,734
    is this a good price
    claims it is $300 over invoice :)
  • skytop1skytop1 Member Posts: 106
    Nissan just started a $1000. rebate on 2005 Frontiers to help clear out inventory since the 2006's will be arriving soon.
    Local dealers out here are matching it for $2000. off. Best suggestion is that I believe driving the absolute hardest bargain to obtain as close to invoice as possible and then using the factory rebate so you end up purchasing for under invoice.
    Don't let the dealer B.S. you. You CAN get the truck for darn close to invoice. Usually invoice plus $300. and then you can subtract the factory rebate. Either they want to sell a truck, make a profit or you walk. They are in business to sell vehicles. They will come around to you. Time your buy on a rainy or snowy day.
  • willsimwillsim Member Posts: 33
    I just purchased an SE KC 6spd. Storm gray, Power pack, Alloys, Side airbags, Bed liner and caps, Microfilter, Bed extender and Floor mats. I paid $200 over invoice and received the $1000 rebate. Final price out the door was about $400 under MSRP. I love the truck and I can't find and defects or problems.
  • ukbballfanukbballfan Member Posts: 13
    Where is out here? It might be worth the trip for the extra grand for me.
    I purchased the truck at Turner Nissan in Sacramento Ca.
  • ukbballfanukbballfan Member Posts: 13
    Thats a little to far for me but I did find a dealership in N.C. that offered the matching $1000. I contacted the dealership and it was as I had expected...the matching $1000 was coming off the sticker...an amount they would have discounted anyways when dealing at invoice pricing. A good thing came out of this though. The N.C. dealership did offer me a truck at $300.00 under invoice and I got my local dealer to match it so I'm buying a LE CC with the Rockford Fosgate package and a sunroof that stickers for $26,220 for $23,129 after rebate. I'm very happy with this deal. Thanks to everyone for all your info!
  • frechfrech Member Posts: 1
    I live in Spokane, Wa. We have 3dealers that sell Nissan Frontiers. Two in Spokane and one in Post Falls Idaho 22miles away. I sent E-mails to all three about a new Frontier, only Midway Nissan, in Post falls Idaho showed any real interest in helping me. I then sent a e-mail that I was interested in a Frontier, at dealer invoice and that I would apply the 1000.00 rebate to buy for 1000.00 under dealer invoice. They sent a e-mail back saying that would be fine and the deal was done. Went there test drove three trucks and bought a 2005 se 4x4 6sp. KK Bed liner and caps. floor mats and filter. 19,600.00 plus tax and license.Very professional. Sure was a lot different then the last time I bought a truck which was in 1993 a Mazda 2600 4x4. This was a much better experience. The deal was done before I left the house and could conentrate on test driving, I would try to buy this way again.
  • herbie17herbie17 Member Posts: 1
    with tow hitch, stripes, rack, floormats and microfilter. $24,150. This includes the $1000 rebate that I saved for the end of negotiations. I worked for weeks trying to get quotes from dealers in Tulsa, Little Rock, Springfield and other places and could get anything over the phone or email lower than 26,000. I then heard about Sams Club auto program and went to their website and plugged in my information. Within hours, I got an email from my local dealer telling me that the Sams program is for $100 over invoice. We started negotiating there.

Great experience and I'm happy with my price. I would be interested to hear from those here if you think it was a good deal, I'm certainly pleased until convinced otherwise.

Thanks to everybody here whose posts I read for months and months prior to actually buying my Frontier. Your advice and experience was invaluable.

:)
  • hweaverhweaver Member Posts: 33
    My hubby is an active duty officer currently in Iraq till Dec; I want a good deal on a truck for him. He LOVED his 2003 Toyota Tundra w/ SR5 and TRD sport. But we had a lot of equidy and such, so we sold it and my odyssey to pay cash for my car. So we want a CHEAP payment.
    My mom saw an add in a Conway, Arkansas paper for Superior Nissan for $12,570 for an XE king cab with perfered pkg, floor mats, and bedliner with rails.
    The msrp is $18,200.
    - $3,500 dealer cash
    - $1,000 rebate
    - $1,000 if you trade a nissan in (I don't have)
    so for me it's $13,570 "26 at this price"
    So my mom goes to the dealer (I'm in NC near fort bragg), and it's the same salesman who sold her FIVE honda's!!! :)
    He said it's for real...plus
    8k off msrp for "any" titan...
    not a bad deal??
    I tried to e-mail several dealers here in NC, and one wrote back like I was dumb saying was it a "used 04' ".. Please, I'm not stupid.. ofcourse it's NOT!
    It's a NEW 05 not used, not a dealer, etc...
    This is a good deal...does ANYone know how I'd get a truck from Ark to NC??
    When people buy on e-bay and such, don't places ship for you for like $300??
    that way no miles are on it???
    I have 3 small kids ages 6,5 and 2.5 so I can't go get it...
    Any suggestions??
    And is this not a rockin' deal?? I think so...
    My hubby also likes the tacoma pre runner. but they are NOT bending well on price...even for a TFS customer...
  • rock_houndrock_hound Member Posts: 4
    Yes I can confirm the previous post about Nissan in Conway, Arkansas.

I recently bought a King Cab SE with Power Package, Floor Mats and Bedliner for $17,090. I added a tow package for $450 and extended warranty for $995. My payment on a five year loan is $360.

I asked them how they can sell this truck so cheap. They said that the only way they make money on the deal is if the buyer has a trade-in (which I did not). I did not trade in my 97 nissan truck since it had 208,000 miles on it :sick: . I figured I would just keep it and drive it some to keep the miles off my new one :shades: .
  • hweaverhweaver Member Posts: 33
    Ya, it is cheap. I passed on it though; just sit till Dec when my hubby returns, while we are moving back to Conway after he gets out, that is about 8-9 months and the drive back is about 950 miles. Plus it had 267 mi on a new truck. And if you take all the rebates that get it to $13,570 for an XE King Cab, then you have to finance w/ nissan motor corp; told the interest rate was 5.9% which is ok, too high really, and it was 8.44%! I nearly FELL OVER! Seems the finace co is trying to make some money back! So I'll wait, nearer to end of year they'll do rebates and apr's.. Plus we are looking at a tacoma too...not sure which.. Prob better if he drives them both and figures it out; kind of scary buying sight unsean.
    We'll my mom went to see it, said it was fine. I think the apr % is too high and I have PERFECT credit...
    My interest rate was 6.4% and when I got the ext warranty it dropped it to 5.69%. Had the truck for a week now and I love it ;)

Welcome back to Conway (when you get here)
  • guttaperchaguttapercha Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I've been talking with a dealer about an SE 4X4 6spd, and his first offer is 2% above inv
    and then applying the 1000 cash back. However, because he has to "dealer trade" for
    the truck that I want, he is quoting 400-600 to truck it over from the other dealer. This seems like BS.

Thanks!

JD
    I was told the same thing by my dealer when they did not have exact color I wanted. You could call some other dealers and see if they have what you want. They will probably give you same deal as the original dealer (minus the 400-600).
  • mgoosemgoose Member Posts: 11
    Dealer in Bremerton, Washington will sell new Frontier for $500.00 under invoice , give you the $1000.00 rebate and get the Frontier you want in the area for $0. Also if we had enough owners or prospective buyers sending E-Mails to webmaster@nissanusa.com maybe we could get NISMO to offer a dual exhaust kit for V-6 Frontier.
  • mch59mch59 Member Posts: 2
    Turner is my local dealer also. have you had any problems with the service department? i'm asking because i'm choosing between the tacoma 4 cyl 5spd or the frontier 4 cyl 5 spd. i'm concerned about the quality of the local service departments for troubleshooting and support of the vehicle.
    I live about 70 miles from the dealership so I haven't had ongoing service from them. I have purchased two trucks from them my first being a 1990 SE King Cab V6 and now a 05 Frontier. I've had a couple minor issues with the new truck which have been corrected without a problem the same with older truck when it was new. I had some service completed by Turner including a timing belt replacement which was done without any problems and at a fair price. I hope this helps I like the dealership because its smaller than the large dealers in Roseville and Elk Grove. My choice was also between the Tacoma and Frontier. I choose the Frontier because of the large number quality problems the Tacoma has had during it's first year.
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    I am planning to purchase an 05 Frontier. At first I was undecided between the two. After reading the comparison between the two trucks, I decided to go with the Frontier v6. My problem is don’t know whether to choose the LE pck or the Nismo (most of my driving will be on road). Most people I have talked to recommend LE since the ride will be more tolerating. I currently own a Tacoma TRD. To me, the Taccoma w/ TRD has a much better ride. I figure the NISMO pkg. would do the same thing, on or off road. Is it right? In addition, how is GAS mileage on Frontier v6? Please advise.
    thank you all. Hey, hking thanks for an informative & thorough review.
  • 123sofme1123sofme1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm being offered invoice pricing in Southern California on:

Frontier
    4x4
    Crew Cab
    Fosgate
    LE

Is this the best deal around? I haven't been quoted an exact price which makes me skeptical and I''ve never bought a nissan before but would like some professional guidance. The dealer still walks with 500 bucks in holdbacks and the 06s should be on the lot in a week or two.

Thanks.
  • stnatcarsstnatcars Member Posts: 1
    Anyone heard if Nissan is going to continue or increase the current incentives beyond September 30??
    Hi all! I have been shopping around for an LE CC. Every dealership that i have been telling me they offer the best deal. For me, the best deal is 22.5k D/O price. They are saying this is the LOWEST price that they can do; no other dealership can beat it. What do you guys think? Keep i mind, 22.5k is the FINal driveout price.
    no,paid,1200 for mine,
  • metalspikemetalspike Member Posts: 2
    Anybody get a great year end deal on an XE? The only option I want is the package that comes with A/C. If I can't get down into the $13Ks I might have to go for a Ranger. Is there any hope? :(