Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• Options
    pumpkinfishpumpkinfish Member Posts: 61
    aeroluvr,

The 2005 Mustang V6 is identical to the 2006 outside the Pony Package. From what I understand, the Pony package is V6 specific, and includes smaller fog lights in the grill with chrome bevels and a chrome "cross" for lack of a better word and the tri-bar pony emblems on the front fenders. The big thing on the Pony Package is the stiffer suspension "inspired" by the GT's.

That being said, if you can find a '05 V6 on a lot, test drive it to compare to the Scion Tc and the new Eclipse. I think you are going to be hard pressed to find someone on these boards who has physically driven both the Tc and Stang. I have not heard anyone's first hand account of the Eclipse, although I saw a new one pulling out of a parking spot yesterday at work. My initial impression was "eh". It does nothing for me.

Good luck!
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    All the independent tests I've seen for Rousch, Steeda, etc show the standard Mustnag GT to be as fast or faster than these "tuner" versions. I have seen people buy them for the "bling" factor, though.

Truth is, that's a hefty price to pay for more "bling" and no more "go".

Personally, $8K more for one of those pacakages puts a Mustang dangerously close to the price of the Shelby GT500 version ($39K) coming out in a little more than a year. Performance will be at or near a $60K Z06 'vette with the GT500. Not as much bling, but a whole lot more performance.

I'm one of those who thing that all the chrome wheels, add-on grills/tail lights/spoilers in the world are not going to increase performance, so why bother.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to the party.
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    The one's that I've seen look nice but don't perform THAT much better than stock (if at all) and seem to be way overpriced. The only thing you really get is some exclusivity.

But if you're serious, also check steeda.
  • Options
    rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    A couple of other cars to consider (if you're looking at the Mustang V6 and Scion tC):

RX-8 w/ automatic (perhaps more in line with the handling of you're old 240SX); downside is low torque and not a really good match w/ an automatic (although I'm biased against slushboxes; personally I'd go for the manual version).

Mazda 3 hatch (very similar if not better driving dynamics than the tC and IMO more interior space/cargo room).
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Well, the Mustang is vastly different from either the Eclipse or tC. Seeing as how both your other cars were RWD, you might want to stick with RWD and get the Mustang. The driving dynamics will be similar. That's not to say that the Eclipse and tC wouldn't be a hoot to scoot around in. The tC is a handsome little car, and if I was really hot on imports, the tC would be on the top of my short list, along with the Mazda 3.
  • Options
    It looks like they are doing great deals on the RX8 right now, too. Like you, I'd opt for the manual version over the automatic. You can get one, very well equipped, for the $25K & change neighborhood, right now. I don't know why these cars aren't selling right now. They've got to be the sports car bargain of the year.

If you can find a "stripper" 350Z, you'll be in that $27K territory. That would make a very nice sports car, too.

Of course, a Mustang GT is my present fave, but you can't find them and it doesn't look like demand is going to subside anytime soon.

I see an awful lot of those little TCs on the road. I think they are a little bland on the styling side, but they are supposed to be sprightly little performers and the price looks good.

Mazda 3 is also a fave, but I'll admit, I'm a bit partial to Mazda since all of their car offerings lean more towards the sporting side. Plus, I think they are handsome little devils, particularly in wagon/hatch configurations.
  • Options
    liveoakieliveoakie Member Posts: 17
    With the Roush,Steeda,Saleen etc. you get alot better braking, cornering, and handling(thats what they claim) its not so much for the 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile times.Although with enough$$$ they can make one go faster!!
  • Options
    vppreachervppreacher Member Posts: 72
    IMHO,
    I have yet to find a body kit or aftermarket body mod that can come anywhere close to how phenomenal a stock Mustang looks. They take what is a sublime looking car and reduce into something obscenely bad. I do think the stock look can do for an Eibach drop, racing stripes are nice, and the spoiler is optional.
  • Options
    aeroluvraeroluvr Member Posts: 42
    I will keep the Mustang on my list but WOW...there have been a lot more problems with it..the new design model than either of the other two. I may just keep the 240SX until it "dies" as I don't think there will ever be another car that offers so much for so little.
  • Options
    sonicblucrisissonicblucrisis Member Posts: 52
    Roush stage 1 has always been about the bling, little else. Stages 2 and 3 add performance and handling (at a cost).
    I would find it hard to believe that after years of development, testing and engineering, that Ford could release the new Mustang and in the space of a few weeks (yes, weeks) that these aftermarket folks could "improve" on handling, performance, etc. If you mean making the car corner faster of brake better at the EXPENSE of ride quality, higher initial cost, higher cost per mile, reliability, and longevity; sure, why not. To me, a good ride is about a balance between sweet cornering and handling, reasonable price, reliability, and the ability to track down a straight road without darting or run a pavement-pocked interstate without losing a kidney. I've been in a few of these super tuned cars, and although I'd love to take one on the track, I would trailer it there and back. Not exactly something I'm interested in doing with my daily driver.
  • Options
    vp....sonic....

We're all on the same page. I'm not into the "bling" after market kits (which at this point, is the only thing Rousch, Steeda, etc offer). Maybe there is a little better braking or handling. But, as you say, at what cost?

Out of the box, Ford did a fine job with the Mustang. Why mess it up?

I've seen "tarted up" V6 Mustangs and have to ask "why"? Does it make it perfrom any better?

But, people spend money on crazier things, I suppose.
  • Options
    rolson1rolson1 Member Posts: 25
    Putting personal taste aside, the handling is improved, but unless there is a radical tire change, the ride remains stable and without harshness. There is a vast difference between the Fox Body Mustang and the 2005. We sell both the Roush and Saleen and I see nothing in the two lines that would keep me from driving them for 250 miles without a break. In fact I have, from Minneapolis to Fargo ND. The base on the Roush in the Sport configuration is 33600 with the manual transmission. Bling to be sure, but with some dealers charging a 3-5K Addendum, it is a bargain!
  • Options
    cheezeboycheezeboy Member Posts: 218
    Thought you could hide, eh gguy?....lol......Well, I didn't have to look to hard to find ya!

Got a question for you, and any other fellow Mustangers out over here : Have a co-worker that is planning a new car purchase - he is likes the new Stang and the Magnum. I know nothing about the Magnum and just a bit about the Stang. Any insite I can give him? He currently owns a nice red-faded-to-ornageish Mustang GT (not sure how old, but older). I figured you have healed and recovered, AND that you have had some time with your new Stang to give some proper advice!

ZoomZoom....ahh...oops...wrong forum!...lol.......
  • Options
    mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    IMHO, I always thought that Sonic Blue had 2 much purple in it to be respectable, totally a chick car color.

That said, the vista blue at least judging from the sample in the color guide is a 100% improvment. Just as blue only with no purple. Very Metallic.

Mark.
  • Options
    cheeze.....good to hear from ya'.

I'm not too familiar with the Magnum myself. It's got a hemi (like they don't say that enough) and it's a station wagon. That's about as much as I know. I like the Stang as much as I liked my former RX8. Two very different ways of doing a sports car, however.

The '05 Mustang GT is a totally new car compared to previous years. It's a brute force kind of car. It's loud. It's very fast and it handles well.....not as well as the RX8, but good nonetheless.

It's got monster torque throughout the rev range. Whereas, the RX8 has that sweet high rpm redline. RX8 sounds like an Indy car. The Mustang's sound is more of a snarl and bark....something that would scare small animals away.

Where the RX8 is a scalpal, the Mustang is a sword. I took it on one long trip to the KY Derby. It's a good road car. It doesn't have the equipment level of the RX8, either. But, it's still comfortable. If you need to regularly take people on long trips in the back seat, I wouldn't recommend it, however.

If you needed the room, the Magnum would probably be the choice (or 300c/Charger). If you want a "hot" stylish V8 modern muscle car, you won't do better than the Mustang GT.

Hope that helps.

Don't be a stranger.
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Japanese cars don't die easy :P I was waiting for 96 Camry to die and said to hell with it, and started looking for new cars, that's why I here. :shades:
  • Options
    detailzdetailz Member Posts: 47
    Hey that this "chat" room is awsome! I have a Ford Mustang 2005 GT still on order since March and will hopefully receive this within the next month or so. As far as room goes, I can really say that after attending the premier auto show in W. NY area, I think that the Stang was the way to go............having near retirement, I wanted a vehicle that had the room for a couple of sets of golf in the back; a couple of travel bags, and enjoyment (?) should any of our kids come along on future trips...don't think so with every other cars.! To answer questions about ROOM, absolutely NOTHING out there that is SPORTY and has ANY ROOM whatsoever. Any kind of trunk room might ...and I mean might...... fit a FISHING TACKLE BOX I have absolutely NO idea what these Manufacturers are thinking............Chrysler, GM, Saturn ,Nissan, bitchicars, Honda, Panasonic, Sony...whatever.........I am sticking with Known Am Muscle/Sports cars built in the USA and hope you all will do the same......

Will GM and Chrysler ever wake up?........what ever happened to the Cameros and Firebirds.......Obviously...... GM was asleep at the switch again! :( :mad: itch again!
    Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    aero,
    the Mustang based on historical trends will most likely be less reliable than a Nissan or Toyota, yet I don't think there is enough data yet to say it has a lot of problems. First off, it's the first MY and regardless of brand, the initial year has more problems then the following ones. Second, most of the TSBs seemed to have been fixed after April/May. Last, this is a high performance car...its focus (and god bless it for it) is on the WOW factor, not on reliability and good manners. It reminds me of a very large, powerful (yet obedient) dog on a leash. He'll stay on the leash, but once you take it off you better be ready.

I drove the V6 as well as the GT I bought and they both were impressive. The Pony V6 coming out looks even better, but I would suggest you wait as well. 240SX's are cool sporty rides and more time will allow you to check out the reliability data and probably save money.
  • Options
    I give consumer reports credit for not giving the new mustang a reliability rating because it is a new model. But you don't buy a Mustang because it has the mind numbing reliability of a Camry. Nevertheless, reliability of American cars has improved drastically.
  • Options
    I beg to differ about room not being in ANY sport cars. This 240SX can hall furniture, rolls of 12 ft flooring, etc. AMAZING amount of unrestricted room compared to any "trunks" out there because of the no vertical hard limit in the hatch. The TC offers even more hatch room than the 240SX..just slightly.

As far as "first year"...the Scion TC was brand new in 2005, the same year Mustang came out with the redesign. The number of problems and low ratings for the Mustangs are much more extreme than TC's..in fact the only widespread "complaint" with the TC really was an annoying stereo cover and maybe a few rattles here and there with the sunroof.

After reading through dozens of reports on the Mustang vs Mitsu vs TC (the eclipse is a brand new model THIS year....2006) I would have to say it seems Mustang deserves most of those lower ratings as the problems were "real" not just annoyances.

But I do appreciate the info. I am also aware that "some" are Mustang fanatics and are willing to put up with a lot of hassles for "their car". But coming from a perfect performing vehicle that never had to go "back" to the dealer for ANYTHING in 13 years except regular maintenance, brakes and a hose, it's difficult to not worry about the many problems documented on ALL of the newer cars honestly.

The 240SX has retained more value than almost any other Japanese import. The 350 certainly was NOT worth waiting for...I did and was hugely disappointed in it. The 240SX offers the perfect mix between sporty yet practical. THAT is what I hope to find in my next car. At this point the TC is ahead for price/value/less reported problems of the three but I will continue to watch them all. Thanks again for the input.
  • Options
    fris....I guess I've bought way too many cars, either for myself, or helping others in the family. We've all run the gamut....from the Big 3, to Toyotas, to Hondas, to BMWs, to Nissans, to Mazdas.

Over the last 10 years, I'd say all of the variety of cars that have been in the family, all were reliable. Today's cars are all built well, regardless of manufacturer. Brother-in-law had a Ranger that went well over 200K miles with no major work. My sister (who turned me on to the Mustang to begin with) has a 5 year old Mustang with over 100K miles, again no problems.

Personally, I've had more problems with Nissans (200SX and a 300Z) I've owned than with anything else. The BMWs (3 Series) were more troublesome, too. That's not a blanket indictment, just personal experience.

Had a bad recent encounter with a new Toyota Tacoma that Toyota took back. Still didn't scare me away, though. I replaced it with another Toyota (4Runner).

I expect my current Mustang GT will be just as good as anything else I've owned. It will run 100K miles with no headaches if the first 4 months of ownership are any indication. Same goes for the 4Runner. That's all I can ask from any car/truck.

Just have to understand what it is you bought. I won't expect my Mustang to sound or ride like a Camry or Accord. Conversely, I won't expect the 4Runner to handle or accelerate like the Mustang. I DO exepect both to start and run the way they were designed to do, however. You can bet I won't be taking the Mustang out in the snow. It will stay garaged while the 4Runner gets that duty. I wish the 4Runner made the kind of exhaust burbling, snapping the Mustang does, but I know it's not meant to.

As long as your expectations are correct, you shouldn't fear buying anything (with the possible exception of KIAs).

aero...while it's great that you love your 240x, if you're honest with yourself, any of what you're looking at, whether it's a Mustang or a Scion, will serve you well for many, many years. Technology and reliability have advanced so much in the intervening 13 years, you'd be making a quantum leap from your Nissan with either car.

As an example, I have fond memories of the '90 300ZX I owned. As I look back, it couldn't hold a candle to the build and reliability of anything in my driveway today. That's not to say for it's time it was a bad car. It's just that there have been so many advancements since then, by all manufacturers.

I do have to disagree with you about the 350Z. While I never bought one, it was always on my short list of cars I test drove ever since it first came out. For a sports car (the 240 isn't anywhere near what the 350Z is or what the 300ZX was) it ranks right up there with some of the best on the market at the price point.
  • Options
    The 350 was not as they touted a great replacement for the 240SX. Yes it is fun to drive but provides no "practical" items such as passenger space, storage - it is indeed a sports car...the 240SX was a sporty car..there is a difference. So it depends on what you are looking for.

My "perfect" car would be similar to the 240SX in reliability, style and room with perhaps a slightly more powerful engine and a few of the new goodies developed since it was LOL.

I had other Nissans that also gave me NO PROBLEMS as well but I would not define them as an ultimate car. 310GX, 200SX, etc.
  • Options
    I don't think you could actually call the 350Z as a replacement for the 240SX. It is a replacement for the 300ZX, however.

There's nothing in Nissan's arsenal right now that would fit the bill as a 4 cyl coupe. Probably the closest you're going to find is a Celica (which is going away), the afore mentioned Scion TC, or a Civic/Accord 4 cyl coupe.

The Mazda RX8 may fit the bill since it has "4" doors in coupe form, but it's going to be several rungs up the ladder from the 240SX. It's also going to cost more. Mustang V6 would fit the bill, too (unfortunately, no Ford employee plan offered). It's got a nice trunk, but the back seat would be no better than what you'll find with the 240SX, but it will perform better.

Then, there's the MonteCarlo, since GM is giving great deals. It will have more room than the 240SX and perform better while priced close to the Scion TC.

Lots of choices out there for coupes than sell in the "teens".
  • Options
    Great post! but I rely on Consumer Reports, and they survey over 800.000 consumers regarding reliability, and Ford and other American and German car companies do not do as well as Japanese car companies.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Z is a great car. I just like the G35 better. :P
  • Options
    chevy4lifechevy4life Member Posts: 20
    Can I order the 18G option (the one with the colored dash lights) on a DELUXE GT, or is it only available on the Premium ?

Also, about the Nissan 240SX - my wife had an '89, which if I remember, was the first year for that design. I hated that car! No ground clearance, getting in and out of it - I was always hitting the side lip of the seat. Eventually, a huge hole wore in the fabric there. And I'm a short and skinny guy. It also had this clunk in the front fender. The paint was horrible - got the fine scratches very easily. The cloth on the seats was itchy. Not my idea of a good car. Maybe they made changes after the first year.
  • Options
    chevy4lifechevy4life Member Posts: 20
    Is there anyone who has driven both the V6 and the GT? Is the $4k worth it for the GT? I have yet to drive a new Mustang, but I want to get one. I'm leaning towards the GT, but I really like the Pony Package on the V6. Also, any buying tips would be appreiciated if they come to mind. Thanks - former Chevy4life.
  • Options
    I've driven a V6 automatic and it really comes down to personal preference. The V6 has plenty of power for normal driving, so I'd say if you like the pony package go for it. It's more than adequate and much easier to obtain. I really want a GT but will consider a V6 pony package myself next year.
  • Options
    Yes, it's available on the V6 (Base) Premium and both GT models. It's not available on the V6 (Base) Deluxe.
  • Options
    lavrishevolavrishevo Member Posts: 312
    Of course the V8 is going to be more powerful all across the RPM's but your going to pay for it especially in fuel as well as insurance and possibly engine wear. Now that is somewhat a guess on my part but logic says more stress on engine parts means higher rate of failure. I'm not doggin the GT engines at all they are just fine but it might be a little of a consideration. I personally choose the V6 mostly for the price tag as well as overall cost of owning the car. With the way gas prices are I'm very glad I get from 25 to 31 MPG on the freeway. Now what I did with my V6, just to boost the power a little, was put an intake on $180.00, Performance Muffler $200.00, and SCT computer tune $400.00 which I added about 34 HP and 29 lbs of torque. Not a ton but they helped a lot and I still get great MPG and it's plenty fast for me. The tune also does wonders for an auto which I choose, was sick of shifting in Atlanta traffic for these past years, and gets rid of the govenor. I'm impressed at how easily the V6 will climb past it's MPH guage (120) It's a strong engine. I hope this helped a little. Good luck.

Daniel
  • Options
    If I'm redlining the GT all the time, I definitely hit that 15 MPG mark. But, if I tip the throttle only occasionally, and drive the Mustang GT halfway sanely, I'm getting between 17-18 MPG in town and 22-24 MPG on the highway.
  • Options
    There is nothing wrong with either the V6 or the GT. They are made for different market segments. The V6 has 202 hp and has some good acceleration. It has plenty of horsepower for a daily driver and the average user. The GT, on the other hand, was made for the muscle car enthusiast. I drove both, but the acceleration and handling of the GT is exhilirating. I would also guess the GT may hold its resale value a little better. The bad news is GTs are going for MSRP and a long wait as an order or above MSRP and "catch as catch can" on a dealer's lot. You may be able to get a better deal on a V6 and the selection on dealer lots is MUCH greater.

I also average around 17-18 MPG City and 24-25 MPG highway. I've owned 2 Honda CRXs, a Honda Civic, and a Ford Expedition. My GT is easily the funnest car of the bunch....
  • Options
    Couple comments, Lavrish,
    You write "your going to pay for it especially in fuel as well as insurance and possibly engine wear. Now that is somewhat a guess on my part but logic says more stress on engine parts means higher rate of failure."
    Insurance? yeah, probably.
    Fuel? If I remember correctly the EPA mileage stickers for the V-6 and V-8 are almost identical, within 1 MPG. It would seem to me that driving style would dictate actual mileage much more than horsepower in this case
    Wear and Tear? Here's where I relly have a bone to pick. Which engine receives more wear, assuming similar driving styles? 1) a 300 HP engine running at 75%? or a 250 HP engine running at 100%? I think the answer is clear. Of course, if all you use is the V-6 at 75% aren't you still causing more "wear and tear" on the engine than a V-8 at (now) 50%?
    THen you speak of tweaking your V-6 to get more horsepower. More wear and tear? You've got to be kidding me!

Pick the V-6 for the price, pick it for the lower volume at the tailpipe, pick it for the lower insurance premium, but DON"T pick it for the longevity, especially of you want to try and force tune V-8 HP out of it
  • Options
    Actually the epa fuel economy is 19-28 for the V6 and 17-25 for the V8. Still not a huge difference but measurable.
  • Options
    I drove a Roush stage 2 a few years back, and about had to wear a kidney belt after about 50 miles. Think it had 40's or 45's on the rear and 55's on the front, but I'm not sure. Fast as hell, no fun to drive. I was a passsenger in an '02 Saleen which didn't ride as badly, but didn't ride as well either, hence my comments. The Saleen was merry hell on the track though. I wasn't driving, but I could see the difference on the track.
    IMHO, most people who buy Saleens and all people who buy Roush stage 1's are the same type who buy Hummers or Expeditions that never see mud in the fenderwells. Bling, to be sure.
    And that's about all
    Out
  • Options
    O - my - god!!!
    You've made me so - like- sad!!!!
    a Chick car color? My mascera is running!!!

Really, Sonic Blue? Vista Blue?
    Someones been reading the paint chips at the Hardware store too long!
    Even the NAME vista blue is more feminine
    Sounds even better when you say it with a lisp!

Color is in the eye of the beholder, Sonic Blue ROCKS!
    'course, I might be a little prejudiced :P
  • Options
    sonic....I tend to agree with you regarding the aftermarket manufacturers. At this point, it's more about "bling". As of yet, they don't bring much to the table from a "higher performance version over a Mustang GT.

I find the ride of the current Mustang GT to be just fine. As others have stated, though....they think something is wrong since it is a firm ride. Of the few trips I've taken, I found the Mustang GT to be quite comfortable.
  • Options
    cmnottcmnott Member Posts: 200
    Is the same as my 260bhp 99 Mustang GT. Around 15 - 16 mpg city . That is impressive considering it has 40 more bhp!

I am continually amazed at the sound of this car. The exhaust burbling and cracking and back firing, everyone is surprised to know that it is stock!
  • Options
    "I am continually amazed at the sound of this car. The exhaust burbling and cracking and back firing, everyone is surprised to know that it is stock!"

Agreed, yet to hear some owners talk, they think something's wrong with the car. Like you, to me it's a mechanical symphony!!!!
  • Options
    newmustang_guynewmustang_guy Member Posts: 3
    Hey all, I just got my Silver Satin Mustang GT a week ago and I LOVE it! I had placed an order with a Ford dealer in the Los Angeles area (Ford West in Bellflower) in early June and was told about a 3 month wait. On July 4th, they call me and tell me that someone who had ordered the exact same car as I did backed out and did I want it? (It had arrived the day before from the factory) Went down and got it right away! After a week with it I am delighted beyond my wildest expectations! Oh BTW, for those that hear a clunk when shifting from either Rear to Drive or vice versa, let the car stop for 2 or 3 seconds and there is no clunk. This is encouraged in the car's manual.

Ok, now my 2 questions. Out of curiosity, I checked carfax.com and entered the VIN number. It came out saying:
    "IMPORTANT! Records were found in the CARFAX Report for this FORD MUSTANG GT that may confirm a clean title history or reveal potential problems. Find out by ordering the complete CARFAX Vehicle History Report"
    Is this just so I can purchase a $24.95 telling me that my new car is clean or could there be actually something wrong with it?
    Question #2: On an earlier post , someone said that turning off the traction control is preferred since most of us don;t drive on snow or mud in the summer. Driving in Los Angeles, do I need it on?
    Thanks for this great board and for those of you waiting for the Mustang GT, the wait will be WORTH it! :)
    David Ocampo
  • Options
    Sounds like they just want you to pay for the report. Why would you check a brand new car? Unless it had lots of miles on it I wouldn't worry about it.

Just leave the traction control on all the time - that's the default. You won't know when you'll need it and it doesn't hurt to leave it on. Only turn it off if you expect and want to spin the tires on purpose.
  • Options
    cheezeboycheezeboy Member Posts: 218
    hey gguy - thanks for the info...it will be passed on to the co-worker.....I think he 'loves' the Stang, but the ability to haul people/stuff will sway him into the station wagon.. .oops...sorry...Magnum........!!

and don't worry, I'll come back here to harass you from time to time!!.....can't let the Ford folks have all the fun.......

BTW, you recovered from the 'incident'?......hope all is well!
  • Options
    newmustang_guynewmustang_guy Member Posts: 3
    I checked Carfax out of curiosity. When I picked up my new Mustang, it only had 10 miles on it. So I guess I shouldn't worry about it. Also, thanks for the tip about the traction control. I'll just leave it on and keep driving! :P
    David
  • Options
    is finally here! Check it out:

http://www.cervinis.com/NewFiles/05MUSTANG.html
  • Options
    mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    First traction control uses the ABS sensors to compare drive wheels speeds. Where a wheel speed difference is detected and the computer determines that the difference is due to a lose of traction as opposed to going around a corner, the computer applies the brake to the slipping wheel up to several times per second so that you do not loose traction. In extreme instances, the computer will reduce the throttle.

Traction control is totally invisible until it is needed. ALSO the Mustang GT traction control can recognize a driver induced "burn out" and will let you light up the tires!!!

Mark
  • Options
    cmnottcmnott Member Posts: 200
    This is the first Mustang to have a 2.5" exhaust system which virtually eliminates the need to go aftermarket. If you want to do anything, go with axle back because all the rest of the piping is the same size.

Of course, if you want to remove the cats, you will gain power.
  • Options
    detailzdetailz Member Posts: 47
    I have had a Redfire GT Coupe on order for four months and was informed this afternoon that my order would not be filled??? When asking the dealer does that mean that we move to the 2006, they could not tell me. Anyone have any idea what is going on with Ford and these dealerships? I cannot believe how micky mouse this whole thing has been over the past few months. Would really like to hear from anybody who might have a clue as to what is going on.
  • Options
    They ran out of slots to build all the 05 GTs that had been ordered, so those should automatically be converted to 06 orders. If your dealer isn't telling you this then they're clueless or purposely misleading you. It's not Ford. Ford has no control over the dealers.
  • Options
    I was just curious to know does the Active Anti-theft system automatically arm and lock the doors if you leave the vehicle for a period of time? I read the owner's manual, but I may have missed that section. I've waited for a while and the system does not seem to auto arm.

Is there a way to enable this feature?
  • Options
    xkssxkss Member Posts: 722
    The new Mustang has won four races in Grand-Am Cup against BMW M3s, Porsche 911s, Nissan 350Zs, and other cars.

check these links

racing one

racing two