Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Mark LT

Comments

• aviator10aviator10 Member Posts: 13
    does anyone know exactly what revisions lincoln is planning for the 07 mark lt? (wishing for a navigation system)
  • chuck1959chuck1959 Member Posts: 654
    You have a good point! LOL
  • scootertrashscootertrash Member Posts: 698
  • Oh, now, now...

Aren't you glad they spent some money making changes only auto enthusiasts will notice?? :P I am so flattered they do little stuff like that for us...just like that horizontal grill trim piece on the "MKZ."
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    So is this the 2007 MK LT? or Mark LT? or what?

If it's the 2007, why oh why did they keep the waterfall grille on the truck and change the Navigator front end into Frankensteins monster truck?
  • displacedtexandisplacedtexan Member Posts: 364
    It seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I would almost think each model is under the management of a different team, and they all work in isolation, in separate buildings. Thus we have the MKS concept, the MKX, the MKZ, and the Navigrator - not exactly bearing a family resemblance.
    They are going to change the front end of the Navigator in 2007. I agree they should have kept the waterfall grille. ThanK God the Navigator escaped that rediculous "MK" crap!!!! Or did it?
  • Yes, it escaped the design of the MKX (love it or hate it--many do--it is an integrated and balanced design). The 07 Navigator took aspects of the MKX look, threw in more chrome, a cheese grater, the old cap from the waterfall grill, and two stories, as well as the most "creative" headlights on an SUV. It will get the thing noticed, that's for sure.
    When I said "MK" crap I was referring to the name only. As much as I hate the "MK" naming. IMO it doesn't make since to have "MK" this and that. Then Navigator. Between that and getting rid of the "tradition" names how can the car manufactures wonder why the buying public is confused?
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Agree, Chuck. How can Lincoln rationalize changing everything to MK this or that EXCEPT the Navigator (and I guess the Town Car?)

My *guess* - inernally they figure they'd rather the Navigator (a BIG gas hog SUV) and the Town Car ( a BIG old-fashioned old-man's car) NOT be identified with Lincoln's new 'youthful' identity. Thus the new cars are the Lincoln MK Z, MK X, MK S, and (oops) Mark LT and the old ones are just Navigator and Town Car.

I base this on their stated reason for changing to the letters - to get people to say they have a Lincoln instead of a Nav or Town Car. Ah, marketing. How many years of college are required for a degree that allows one to dream this stuff up?
    "How many years of college are required for a degree that allows one to dream this stuff up?"

Four.
    I also think that they will eventually be a PAST name in the business...along with Oldsmobile. Soon to be Buick, Pontiac also. It's a shame what has happened to the American auto industry.
  • At this point, Buick and Pontiac are more likely to make it, given the product being introduced or in the pipeline. Buick needs to move beyond its sedans, and the new crossover will help. Still, one or both going away would not hurt GM much, considering they will still have Chevrolet, Saturn (now tied with Opel), GMC and Cadillac. Plus Saab, but they may need to depart too.

Lincoln is directionless in trying to save itself. Lincoln will continue to have an unintegrated, mishmash of a line-up. The Town Car is ridiculously out of date and pretty much unsalvagable with its bad (and fairly noisy) interior, low power, old architecture and a look that was fine for the 90's but not now. The 2007 Navigator bears no family resemblance (beyond the tail lights, sort of) to any other Lincoln. The Mark LT (MK LT??) still looks like an F150 with more chrome. The Zephyr is fine although it looks too much like the Mercury Milan, and not enough like any other Lincoln. The MKS and MKX introduce two more unrelated looks.

Sales better pick up with all the models, or Lincoln will soon enough be skipping through the clouds with Oldsmobile and Plymouth. Sometimes they auto business is a crap shoot. You can a lucky roll or a bad one.

Monday morning quarterbacking says anyone should have known for example that the 500/Montego was going to be a mediocre seller, and that the Chrysler 300 would be a hit. But Chrysler took a gamble and fortunately didn't lose.

There are so many factors to consider that are almost completely unpredictable. Who would have forecast a car as good as the LS would get such a lukewarm reception? Maybe we need to be grateful Lincoln has been able to sustain itself as long as this.
    "Who would have forecast a car as good as the LS would get such a lukewarm reception? Maybe we need to be grateful Lincoln has been able to sustain itself as long as this."

The LS used to outsell the Lexus ES. The problem is that Ford abandoned this car.
  • Yes, you are right. LS sold over 50,000 in 2000 and a smidgen under 40,000 in 2001. Not bad numbers at all for a luxury ride.

People have been lauding the sales of Zephyr as if the numbers are really good. In fact, the LS did way better after its introduction than what the Zephyr is doing at the same point. That is kind of scary when you think that Lincoln is promoting the heck out of Zephyr, and it is a less expensive car. Oooh...things may be even worse for Lincoln than we thought.
  • navigator89navigator89 Member Posts: 1,080
    compared to its primary competition, the Escalade EXT.

1543 Mark LTs sold in March, while only 359 Escalade EXTs were sold. Im guessing people are holding off buying the EXT until the much improved version is released.

I wonder what would happen if the Japanese would enter this segment. Would they have a hit, or would they screw up the pickup formula?

Personally, I can see Lexus entering this segment in 5 years.
    I wonder what would happen if the Japanese would enter this segment. Would they have a hit, or would they screw up the pickup formula?

Well, the down-market marques are already there. Personally, I don't think any self-respecting pickup truck driving man should buy a Honda Ridgeline or any full size Japanese truck. But, it seems the Ridgeline hits the target market of urban wannabes who will never tow anything or go further offroad than some minimal road work which might be in front of the Super Target or Starbucks. I suspect any Japanese entry into the Mark LT / Escalade EXT market would do the same. Toyota and Nissan get good reviews from the talking heads for their full size pickups: slap some different doors and grilles on them, stick a little Lexus or Infinity badge up front, and there you go.

Look at what Honda did with the Ridgeline. IMO a screwup.
  • clarksalmoclarksalmo Member Posts: 19
    Any ideas what the 2007 LT will offer that didn't come on the 2006? Will it be further differentiated from the F-150? Will AdvanceTrac be available?
    thanks for any info
    kurt
  • Slight changes to headlights and grill in a meager attempt to differentiate a bit more from F150.
  • lyletlylet Member Posts: 27
    I can't find any information on the 2007 MarkLT at the NY show. Any links?
  • Just go back to message 211
    Any news on new options on the 07 Mark LT like, All wheel drive, foldable mirrors, GPS, 6-speed Trans?
  • Nope.

As a lifelong Ford guy, and a long-time stockholder, I am just appalled. Even Hyundai is running circles around Ford.

Why does every other company seem to be able to issue frequent re-designs and new models at a rate that makes Ford seem to be working at a snail's pace? Ford has had a good 10 years of incentive to begin issuing more exciting new products. Flexible manufacturing is a great idea. But it hasn't resulted in issue of new products even as fast as most competitors. At least there is some solace in the Ford family seeing so much wealth fade away in the plunging stock price.

Let the car guys out of their cages and get out of their way! The GT, Mustang and F150 indicate the good things that can be done if allowed.
  • ford624ford624 Member Posts: 75
    Does any one have any thing good to say about the Lincoln Mark LT Super Crew ?
    I believe that it is going to be a very good choice for me.
    Just how many of you, who are so very critical of this truck, actually own one, or have even driven one ?
    I should be taking delivery of my new 2006 Lincoln Mark LT next week.
    I plan on buying GPS Navigation and keeping it in the glove box until I need to use it.
    I was able to negotiate a very good deal.
    I did not buy a Silver one, because that is the color of my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8.
    I am going to be happy with my new truck.
    Jack
    Ford promised to show the freshened 2007 Mark LT at the NY auto show. I've been "googling" it for a week and I don't see mention of it anywhere.

Did Ford flake out again?
  • Of course it is a good truck. That it is an F150 (a good truck) with more chrome, a slightly customized grill, tailight extensions on the tailgate and the Lincoln name does not make it bad. The LT is a niche vehicle and fine for what it is. The criticism is more directed toward Ford's and Lincoln's half-hearted effort to recover. It's about product, and the whole company needs a lot more new and interesting machines to sell.
  • balebosbalebos Member Posts: 3
    Just to let anyone who cares. I got a mark lt about two months ago. I traded in a lincoln aviator (don't buy one of those it is an overpriced explorer) for a mark lt. I didn't really want a full size truck but lincoln dealer was the only one to give anything for the aviator. I hate to admit to it but I like the mark a little more every time I drive it. sure the gas mileage is terrible but it has a great ride for what it is. Plus the lease rates on it were cheap for a truck that lists for 45,000$. I would give it 2 thumbs up.
    (don't buy one of those it is an overpriced explorer)

Not to be offensive but isn't that VERY obvious? Even my 16 year old nephew (who is into cars) noticed that
  • You are not being offensive. However, you should know that there are posters on these Lincoln threads who really do believe that the similarities are NOT obvious (in spite of posts like yours, and the poor sales of FoMoCo clones and half-hearted updates).
    At least the Aviator had it's own specific 300hp engine, unlike the Mark LT which is mechanically, 100% F-150
    That good, as I re thought myself on that comment. When I post here it not meaning to offend anyone but just to express my points of views....no matter how strange or wrong!LOL I respect that with everyone else here and I glad you did with me.
    It amazes me why people can't see the obvious. :confuse:
    I would never buy one of the "clones" however I do have to admit the IMO some clones look better....even though it only amounts to minor trim/grille changes.
    No one is finding fault in the truck or it's buyers.
    F-150's are excellent. I have a 2002 f-150 and it's never had a single problem of any kind.

We are bashing Ford for making such an embarrassingly weak effort at badge engineering.

Myself, I'd likely buy one if it had any distinctive features at all. A grille and taillights don't count.
    So I guess Lincoln did not show the 07 Mark LT at the New York show!!!
    Why do I keep think of Lucy holding Charlie Brown's football?

Hopefully they are holding off while they differentiate it more, but more than likely they are just working to design a larger Lincoln emblem for the grille
    Wow, it's more dead in this forum than it was in the Mark LT booth at the New York Auto show.
    That's because there's nothing new to discuss about this vehicle, except maybe how the new Escalade EXT will kill its sales.
    Strange. Didn't Elena Ford herself say they needed to "Lincoln-ize" it more and didn't Sandie Deas, marketing manager for the Mark LT say Ford will show a refreshed version of the Mark LT at April’s New York auto show.
    "While Deas declines to elaborate on specifics, she says there will be some exterior enhancements and additional features and technologies available for the ’07 model year."

Ford wouldn't promise something and then just flake out--would they? ;)
  • Course not. Otherwise they'd be losing billions, losing sales, marketing too few models and not enough cutting edge ones. Why, they'd be in trouble. ;)
    1021 units, a whopping 48.6 increase over April 2005. If Lincoln were to drop in more design, power and features the Mark LT would be a smash hit. Whatever happened to them showing a 2007 Mark LT at New York?
    April 05 is when the Mark LT came out so it's not surprising that the unit sales were up from 05. Is 12000 per year run rate considered a success?
    "Whatever happened to them showing a 2007 Mark LT at New York?"

Apparantly it was another "Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown" move on Ford's part.

(see: overpromise, underdeliver)
    It doesnt really have to be a success. There is no real difference between the F-150 and the Mark LT, so basically this 12000 per year is pretty much the same as if Ford sold an extra 12000 F-150s. Even if the Mark LT was a total flop, like I mean a total flop, Ford wouldnt have lost much money because they didnt invest anything into it to make it different from the F-150. If Ford had pumped lots of money into development, and it flopped, then it would really suck.

It's hard to define what a success in this segment is. Most people dont buy luxury trucks, so if you think about 12000 per year isnt bad. Even when the new Escalade EXT comes out, dont expect people to buy it in droves - most people aren't in that market.
    ok guys and gals, just visited my friend (A dealer) and got the scoop on changes and additions to the 07 mark lt: available 6 and a half foot bed, 20 inch chrome wheels, chrome surround on updated grille, power folding sideview mirrors, chrome around slightly revised taillamps, newly redesigned headlamps, dvd-based navigation system, chrome lincoln star on seatbacks and console,real ebony wood trim abound and now on the upper arc of the steering wheel, ebony(black) leather interior trimmed in dove grey, three new colors: vivid red,white-chocolate tricoat, and dark blue pearl. new package(monochrome appearance package) includes: body-color grille and lower body cladding(no chrome band on bottom),body-color foldind sideview mirrors,20-inch chrome wheels,"mark lt" chrome lettering along the bodyside,chrome tubuler step bars. this package is available only in two colors:black or white-chocolate. the consumer is now also able to choose a "softened" or "sport-tuned" suspension. also, a tire pressure monitering system is now standard. they are due in shorooms in sept. i also have some pics but i do not have a scanner. i have a copy of a dealer-only brochure that gave me the info i have shared. so, navigator89, you still think the ext will kill the lt's sales. think again! :P
    so, navigator89, you still think the ext will kill the lt's sales. think again!

But, the EXT has that snazzy convertible bed w/ the stow-away window, fold-down midgate, etc. So, of course it'll kill the MarkLT! :surprise:

I wonder how many people actually use that feature? It seems to me the people buying that truck aren't going to want to get the interior dirty by converting it. Maybe the buyer of its Chevy cousin, but not a Caddy buyer.
    Any mention of all wheel drive option like the F-150?
    sorry, no mention of all-wheel drive. more than likely it will be an option on the completely redesigned 2009 mark lt.
    also three colors are being dropped for 07: smokestone, dark toreador red, and ceramic white.
  • ford624ford624 Member Posts: 75
    I canceled my Mark LT order and bought a Ford.
    Thanks for your encouragement!
    your quite welocome ford624! i, on the other hand, am ordering my 07 mark lt later this month. ;)