Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

replacement bumpers for the F350 Super Duty

azrodeoqueenazrodeoqueen Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
Hi everyone,
I am new to this, but my husband has been a member for a while and has found this site to be priceless!!

I have a question about getting something like the Ranch Hand replacement bumper for my new F350 SD. My hubby is wanting something that will stop a dear from crushing the front end of the truck and to give us something more sturdy for ranch work and such. Has anyone here put one on their truck? Positives/negatives? Is there another brand besides Ranch Hand that I should look into?

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    another company. I believe they are call road armor. They look mean
  • catmanducatmandu Member Posts: 53
    Am going through the same process looking for a bumper that will stop a DEER . My brother hit one last year in Colorado. He had a big add-on and it saved the front end. I think the replacement bumper is the way to go, brother still had damage to his F-250. I looked at the ranchhand yesterday. It looks good ,but I want to research all I can before I spend any money. I found some other sites to check out. ARBUSA,southwestfabricators.com. , TJM products. I have been told you can put the ranchhand on yourself. We have a new F-350 coming next week and will start looking monday seriously.
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    seeing something online awhile back and a guy had a ranch hand bumper on his 2500 duramax. He hit a moose. What caused all the damage was him hitting a tree (side impact) after hitting the moose. Front end held up well
  • hdriderhdrider Member Posts: 49
    Catmandu, thank you for the sites! Interesting looking gear! Azrodeoqueen is my wife and we've been seeking improvements for her truck. Having a hard time finding nerf bars that are frame-mounted and not body-mounted... Ryanbab, where did you see that moose-hit? Would be interested in seeing those photos!
    Dave
This discussion has been closed.