Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Even though it doesn't sell well, the RL is one of my favorites also. If you recall, the Acura Legend started the whole upscale second channel movement. The RL always fares well at Consumer Reports.

Part of the luxury car experience is having an upscale dealership that takes care of their customers and Acura does a good job of this. Much better than BMW, Mercedes, or Audi IMO.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    I agree with you. I purchased a 08 RL one year ago yesterday and I paid $ 42500 plus tax, which also included the add ons i.e. the $ makers for the dealer, wax, underseal, ect. The inflated sticker price was $ 52000. This was a tech package.

After several trips to the dealer to try to repair the "chip" in the radio/combo they got me a new radio. Just like the dealer did in 1987 with my then new Acura Legend.

Service has been great and as usual, I find the dealer does take great care of me. Much better than the Lexus dealer did when I had a rx 330. I changed back to Acura due to problems with the transmission in the rx 300 and my Lexus was an early rx 330.

Got static over on Lexus site when I posted that but I did not want to take the chance of a bad transmission as I approached the 48 k/4 yrs. warranty so I got back into an excellent RL.

Good luck and stay safe.

jensad
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    how things are finished, how they look, their fit, and function.

It's very hard to define a category by things like how nice the leather feels, or whether the buttons click like an Audi's, or clack like a Chevy's. It's far easier to say that luxury badge + $45-70K price tag + 190-ish inches in length = mid-lux car. Every single car listed on the board qualifies.
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    It's very hard to define a category by things like how nice the leather feels, or whether the buttons click like an Audi's, or clack like a Chevy's. It's far easier to say that luxury badge + $45-70K price tag + 190-ish inches in length = mid-lux car. Every single car listed on the board qualifies.

Lots of things worth doing aren't "easy" to do. The logical conclusion of your statement is: a car built absolutely identically to a car on this board is automatically disqualified, if it's too affordable or comes from the "wrong" carmaker.

Sorry, I'm not buying it, Lexusguy. Or more accurately, if it starts coming in AWD form, quite possibly I AM buying it. The only thing your "incumbency" argument ("every car listed [so far] qualifies") really proves is that the Genesis is indeed the game changer its boosters say it is.
    Lots of things worth doing aren't "easy" to do. The logical conclusion of your statement is: a car built absolutely identically to a car on this board is automatically disqualified, if it's too affordable or comes from the "wrong" carmaker.

If you accept that price doesn't matter, badge doesn't matter, and it doesn't matter if maybe some of the materials used are of average quality, then you must open the floodgates. The Genesis can't be given special treatment, because frankly its no different than any of the other cars in the upper-mainstream segment. You have to let in the Chrysler 300, the Ford Taurus, the Buck Lucerne, the Nissan Maxima, and the Pontiac G8.

Once you've done that, you've lost the plot of the board. In any case, I think there's a functional limit as to how many cars can be the "focus" of a board like this, if I remember correctly, so this entire argument is probably moot.
  • mandfmandf Member Posts: 3
    I was thinking of buying a GS300, but when I went to the dealer to test drive one, I found that it wasn't as comfortable as I thought it would be. Is this a case where I was expecting too much because I've read so many good reviews about the vehicle, is it my imagination or are the 300 series just bumpy rides. I felt almost every bump on the road. Does this have something to do with the run flat tires, are they making the vehicle more bumpy. The car was quiet, but bumpy.

Have other folks had the same experience, or did I simply get a bad vehicle. I read so may great things about comfort and smoothness that I thought the vehicle would glide, but I felt a very shaky bumpy ride. Do I need to go test drive a couple others or is this the way it is?
    Have other folks had the same experience, or did I simply get a bad vehicle. I read so may great things about comfort and smoothness that I thought the vehicle would glide, but I felt a very shaky bumpy ride. Do I need to go test drive a couple others or is this the way it is?

The GS is one of Lexus' sportier offerings. I would suggest test driving an ES350. If a smooth ride is your top priority, you'll probably like that car a lot better.
  • mgourdinmgourdin Member Posts: 1
    In regards to the auctions, I've actually been to Manheim with a friend whom has his dealer's license, and picked up a great A6 some years ago. I agree though that to do so, you should (which I did not) invest a great deal of time in prep and homework. To this point, I actually have a question. Does anyone know if vehicles picked up at dealer auction, can then be CPO'd? Or are you more or less left with whatever, if any warranty is remaining?
    Did you mean GS350? Or are you looking at a used GS300?

I really have never known anyone who did not like the ride of the GS. Maybe not as sporty (rough riding) as some but definitely comfortable. I have not driven one with run flat tires, so yes, definitely find one without those abortions and please let us know how you do.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• gardisgardis Member Posts: 185
    Have any of you seen the new 2010 Lexus RX? I saw one in person last night at my health spa. I gotta tell you, I'm a BMW enthusiast driving a 328i, thinking about going to a CPO 5 series, but that Lexus was beautiful. Completely redesigned the cockpit. I gotta think that car has to be about $45K new, right? And NO deals. Why should they.
    Have any of you seen the new 2010 Lexus RX? I saw one in person last night at my health spa. I gotta tell you, I'm a BMW enthusiast driving a 328i, thinking about going to a CPO 5 series, but that Lexus was beautiful. Completely redesigned the cockpit. I gotta think that car has to be about $45K new, right? And NO deals. Why should they.

There's been a huge discussion about the new RX in the luxury lounge board over the past week or so. Personally I think it's rather ugly. I'll be looking at the new Audi Q5 soon. After one turn with an X3, my wife has no interest in another.
    I have only seen pics of the Q5 so far but I have to say it is gorgeous. Very few SUV's are really stunning, but this one is. Very clean and simple. I need to get a look at one in real life. Be sure to let us know your thoughts when you drive one.

The 2010 RX is a tremendous improvement and I think it also looks great and we all know it is bulletproof as far as reliability is concerned. My wife had a 2000 RX and it served us well. I hope they have improved the turning radius. Reliability would be my concern with the Q5.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    A GS bumpy? Man, I've got to test another one. After testing the M's from Infiniti, the A6's (and owning several) from Audi, the GS's from Lexus the E's from Mercedes, 5's from BMW, etc etc etc, I always found the Lexus cars to be without peer in smoothness and damn near silence while underway.

Run flat tires must really be bad if what I have read just a few posts back is true. Conversely, is it possible that the GS was NOT tested against an M, A6, E and 5 series (under identical conditions, on the same highways, with the same tunes playing, and so on?)

Lexus may or may not be your cup of tea, so to speak, but my impressions of them are that they put the ooooooo's in smoooooooth. The Germans, by comparison, no matter how hard they try (and that is assuming they actually do try) just can't seem to make their cars, "less firm" feeling.

Were I looking for the MAX luxury, today, Lexus would have to be at the top of the list.

But who am I to talk, I just off loaded a current gen A6 (C6) for the latest gen A4 (B8) with 19 x 35 x 255 MAX perf tires, sport suspension, sport seats, and ADS -- put this dude in dynamic mode and you are in Princess & the Pea Mode.

In the class of cars in this group, I still maintain the Lexus is the, er, creamy-est of the crop (and I'd imagine that is even WITH those dang run flats.)

Here is my only come back: are you sure the shippling "blocks" had been removed from the springs? Had the thing been PDR'd?
    I hope they have improved the turning radius. Reliability would be my concern with the Q5.

That's the thing my wife liked least about her '01 RX. They fixed that issue back in '04 with the RX330, it's turning circle shrank to 37ft. from over 41. I would assume that the latest RX has a similarly reasonable turning circle.

The Q5 seems good enough to take a chance on the reliability issue. I've had no problems to date with my S6, and we have a decent Audi shop in the area. Since it borrows most of its components from the A4, I think it should hold up well, at least over the lease period.
  • vigorlovervigorlover Member Posts: 40
    I have been thinking about getting a new car, and these three are the finalists:
    Jaguar XF Premium Luxury
    Infiniti M45
    Audi A6 3.0T

All are about the same price when you factor in Technology or Prestige Packages. Any thoughts on hard comparisons between the three? I live in San Jose, so the Quattro of the Audi will not necessarily be a deciding factor.
    I have been thinking about getting a new car, and these three are the finalists:
    Jaguar XF Premium Luxury
    Infiniti M45
    Audi A6 3.0T

You have great taste! All are excellent choices. The Infiniti M is likely to be the most reliable, but it is not as refined as the Jag or Audi, and you'll notice the lack of a sixth gear on the highway. The Jag being the newest design has a few tech features that the Audi lacks and offers the trick interior, but I've heard there have been some significant quality/reliability issues.

Audi's new 3.0T is a superb engine. I would suggest getting the 19" Sport Package as well, as I find that the A6 with the standard suspension is a bit on the dull side. Last year I was down to the XF SC and the Audi S6, and I went with the Audi, in part because I already own a Jag, and in part because I prefer the styling and interior of the Audi.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    have only seen pics of the Q5 so far but I have to say it is gorgeous. Very few SUV's are really stunning, but this one is. Very clean and simple. I need to get a look at one in real life. Be sure to let us know your thoughts when you drive one.

The 2010 RX is a tremendous improvement and I think it also looks great and we all know it is bulletproof as far as reliability is concerned. My wife had a 2000 RX and it served us well. I hope they have improved the turning radius. Reliability would be my concern with the Q5.

Hello Houndi,

How are things? long time no talk.

I've seen the Q5 in person last night, it's very good looking, but to small for my liking, I think ladies will love the styling as well the size, I do to, but want a bigger car.

It has very nice lines, very simple, yet very good looking. The one I saw was a silver1.

I see that you're already concerned about reliability, now I am use to hear about German reliability troubles in the long run.

I been waiting for a while to test the RX.
    Hi bmlexus, I'm doing well. Good to hear from you.

I see you still haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. You are very patient. Did you ever look at or drive the Genesis? How about the new coupe? That sounds like a great car for a young man like you. Keep me posted.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

They are all good choices but of those 3 my pick would be the M. If these are the finalists, I am curious what else you checked out. How about the new A4? From your name it appears you may be an Acura fan. Did you look at or consider the RL or the TL?

Also, if I was seriously looking, I would drive the Genesis just to see what all the fuss is about. Good luck.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Thanks for your suggestion.

I bought one of the very first Acura Vigors to reach America back in 1991, and I had it for 16 years. I loved that car! I am disappointed by the styling direction that the new Acuras have taken, and am not really turned on by either TL or RL.

I currently own a 1999 A4 2.8 Quattro and 1998 Jaguar XK8 Convertible. I did take a look at the new A4 but I felt much more comfortable with the A6. I have not gone to look at Genesis yet, but maybe I will take my Hyundai-loving friend over to see it.
    Thanks for the suggestion Lexusguy. The Jag and especially the Audi have much better fuel economy numbers than M45 certainly in part due to the extra gear. Interestingly the Infiniti dealer did not have a 2009 M35 (with the new engine and 7-speed transmission) that he could find for me to test drive to compare with the M45. They had lots of 2008 models though.
    I did not know that the new M35 had a new engine and a 7 speed trans. If I were you I would definitely check it out in relation to the M45.

Good luck, and as we all know a good part of the fun of a new car is the chase !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

For 2009 both M35 and M35x got the 3.5L from G35 (303hp / 268 lb-ft) but only M35 got the 7-speed AT which boosted fuel economy by a little. M45 got no improvements in that category at all. M35 still has a less powerful engine than what is now in the G37 (328hp / 269 lb-ft).
  • bocatripbocatrip Member Posts: 194
    Although I also enjoy Audis, my personal decision would be based on the dealer experience for service. That being said, it's always hands down for the Infiniti or in most cases the Asian makes over the European or Mercedes, Audi, Bmw vs Lexus, Infiniti, Acura. After owning a Bmw, I always felt like I was worked over by Mike Tyson after taking my car in for service.
    Thanks for the suggestion Lexusguy.

Sure. How is your XK holding up? I had a '98 XK8 convertible myself several years back, sold it after it starting developing electrical problems for a '00 XKR, which I kept for quite awhile. I currently have an '07 XK convertible.

I'm generally a fan of Infiniti products, and I'm looking forward to testing the next generation M37 and M50, which will likely correct the issues that the current car has. The 7-speed should take care of the high revs at cruising speed, but the car still lacks that last degree of smoothness that you get with the Audi and Jag, and the interior materials and attention to detail on the inside aren't quite there yet.

The XF's interior tricks are neat, but the "vodka bar" lighting is not as sophisticated or soothing as the Audi's classic red glow. The center stack buttons are also a bit flimsy. The Jag's biggest problem though is the engine, it just doesn't make sense to get the 4.2 when the new 5.0 V8 will soon replace it.

I think you'll be bored by the Genesis, it's more of a cut-price Lexus LS than anything close to a sport sedan.
    The 2010 RX is a tremendous improvement and I think it also looks great and we all know it is bulletproof as far as reliability is concerned

Thats what you get with Lexus, peace of mind.

Reliability would be my concern with the Q5.

Maybe I've read to many negative reviews about European cars, I am so scared to think that what if my new car will break down in its first week :cry::blush:
    Hi bmlexus, I'm doing well. Good to hear from you.

I see you still haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet. You are very patient. Did you ever look at or drive the Genesis? How about the new coupe? That sounds like a great car for a young man like you. Keep me posted

No, I haven't made my decision yet. I am very patient, especially after reading so many different types of reviews.

No, I never looked at the Genesis or the coupe, I've been looking for an suv, I like the idea of a high driving position for quite a while.

But I do not like the idea of a high driving position in a boxy suv, which most of the majority prefer.

Looked at the infiniti fx, but don't like the nissan engine.

Been looking at the new RX, and I am very well aware that its a ladies car.

The truth is, all this time I've only been interested in the X6, which the majority of posters hate.

Thats the only new car I've tested and liked, but the reviews I've read, and personal experience from my friends which proves that its a very bad choice, especially in the reliability department which is my major concern.

1more thing, 50% value of all European cars disappear within 2 years.
    1more thing, 50% value of all European cars disappear within 2 years.

Luxury Japanese cars are not much better as far as depreciation is concerned. That is one reason that I usually buy 2 to 3 year old LS's. You basically get a great luxury car with a great factory warranty. All you miss out on is the big hit on depreciation !!

That said, I don't believe you should ever buy a car based solely on what makes economic sense. First you have to really want the car for what it is, then you work on the economics. Also don't buy what someone else thinks you should buy. You will always know what you want. :)

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

I bought my 1998 XK Convertible used in 2005, so it is just now 4 years in my hands. The only real problem I have had is with coolant leaks. It seems that every year a new hose starts leaking. I swear I must have had them all replaced by now, but the Coolant Level Low light has come on again, and I have had to put in a bit of distilled water to turn it off. Next oil change in a month or so will probably have another hose replacement on the bill.

The only electrical problem I have had was the passenger seat controls, there was a wire in the seat getting pinched. Hard to find, but they fixed it. Now if only people would stop kicking the seat control module when they get in!

Overall this has been a good car, and well worth the investment in terms of return on driving pleasure and overall interest. Everyone tells me it looks like a new car (helped obviously by its classic good looks and the longevity of the platform).
    The only electrical problem I have had was the passenger seat controls, there was a wire in the seat getting pinched. Hard to find, but they fixed it.

Hah! I had the same issue, except with the driver's seat controls. I only found out when my wife attempted to drive the car, and couldn't move the seat forward.
  • skarieskarie Member Posts: 78
    Infiniti Readies Direct Injection for M37 and G37

The windblown puddle of mercury known as the Infiniti Essence concept car shown at this year's Geneva show tells volumes about where Nissan's luxury division is headed both stylistically and technically. The twin-turbo 3.7-liter direct injection V-6 in the Essence will debut, sans turbos, in the redesigned M sedan due in early 2010, making about 340–350 hp. The complex direct-injection technology, in which fuel is injected directly into the cylinder rather than in the intake ports as is more common, most likely will also make its way into the G37 coupe and sedan as mid-cycle upgrades before the cars are completely redesigned in about three years. Besides making more power, gasoline direct-injection technology is also needed to meet tightening emissions and fuel-economy regulations around the world

link title
    As an Audi fan -- maven really -- I have posted (favorably) about my now gone 2005 A6 3.2 many times. I am now driving an '09 A4 2.0T Prestige edition and it is a step up from the '05 A6. The torque of this 4 cylinder, coupled with the improvement in F/R balance and also the rear biased quattro system make this even more of a blast to drive than the outgoing A6.

Now, however, comes the new A6 3.0T.

The previous generation A6 3.2, a great car, was, in this league, more than a little bit of an under-achiever with respect to the "urge" it had to get going. I came to realize, however, that even with the 3.2, I was seldom in fear due to the more relaxed acceleration it offered compared to others in this league.

Now, however, comes the new A6 3.0T.

I thought the A6 4.2 was quick and fast (and thirsty) and with its even heavier front end, a bit of a porker on the twisties. It needed the sport package -- which at that time was really stiff, some said, too stiff.

Now, however. . .

What is the need for the V8 when the supercharged V6 feels and SOUNDS this good? Damn, and I was just to the point where my 2.0T A4 with its 258 pound feet of torque from sub-2,000 rpms was making me forget how much I like the sound of the 3.2 V6 at full cry in my A6.

And, that torque (in the 2.0T) comes without any discernable lag and is, at idle, absolutely vibration free (hello, is this thing on).

Now, however. . .

Listen, I don't know if you have some predisposition AGAINST Audi, but, even if you do -- take one of the new A6 3.0T's out for a long test drive (and, boy wouldn't it be nice if it had at least ONE tire/wheel upgrade offered on your tester?)

As usual you will notice the fit and finish, again at the top of the class. You will also notice the most "intuitive" controls of the class. You will notice the solid feel (handling, that is) both at speed and especially through the most challenging secondary roads you can find -- and, most of all, you will notice effortless and immediate torque without anything that could even make you, for a moment, think this was anything less than a V8.

Audi, finally, has brought its "A" game to the LPS crowd.

Oh, BTW, my 29th Audi (or so) lets me "testify," that Audi has "no" reliability issues. These things just keep getting better and better.

This one, if you are looking in this class, ought to be a contender for "lead dog" status.

And, if you want something a little less costly, a $49,650 fully loaded A4 2.0T prestige will almost make you not miss its sibling, A6.

BTW, I also drove the Q5 -- it is also of very high merit.

Drive it like you live. :shades:
  • oldcemoldcem Member Posts: 309
    Good advice. I recently aquired an 06 CPO Jaguar S-Type VDP with Nav for about 40% of its original sticker. I really wanted it for what it is - a muscle car dressed up in a tuxedo.

Regards:
    OldCEM :D
    Listen, I don't know if you have some predisposition AGAINST Audi, but, even if you do -- take one of the new A6 3.0T's out for a long test drive (and, boy wouldn't it be nice if it had at least ONE tire/wheel upgrade offered on your tester?)

Hey Mark, good to hear from you. Just as the old 2.7T made the 4.2 V8 irrelevant in the C5 A6 (especially in 265hp S-line guise), the new 3.0T makes the 4.2 equally as pointless. It's a brilliant engine, in my opinion on equal footing with BMW's twin turbo. I also like that Audi no longer punishes you for opting for the V6. For example, you can now get a proper power tilt/telescope steering wheel on the 3.0T.

What seems strange to me though is Audi's handling of the sport option on the A6 refresh. Pretty much every car in the Audi lineup now offers an S-line package, but they killed the A6 S-line for '09. The 19" sport package is only available on the 3.0T, but you wouldn't know it by using the car builder. It's buried under the "packages" menu under features & specs. It's like they are trying to hide it.

The other negative about the '09 A6 is that they either couldn't or didn't want to upgrade to their latest MMI/NAV system, so it's stuck with the old one presumably until the C7 car debuts. If Infiniti could upgrade the M's NAV system and add a hard drive for the M's mild '08 refresh, why couldn't Audi do the same? It just seems odd that the Q5 has the best electronics in the company's lineup.
    I would rather have the Q5's MMI than the current new A6's -- but I have test driven the Q5 and own an A4 and as you know the outgoing A6.

To repeat, I would rather have the new MMI -- but the differences, besides the hard drive, are, to my way of thinking mostly cosmetic. Given a choice, I'd take the new one, but would not reject the A6 for lack of it.

The Infiniti M did (and does) have a great navi and voice system -- as does Acura and I assume Lexus.

The Germans seem to be fine with staying one to two iterations back.

My old and now my new navi have been fine and the new one has a much improved map, albeit on an old fashioned DVD.

Love the MMI's new graphics tho, but REALLY love the supercharged motivator.

Woo Woo! :shades:
    To repeat, I would rather have the new MMI -- but the differences, besides the hard drive, are, to my way of thinking mostly cosmetic. Given a choice, I'd take the new one, but would not reject the A6 for lack of it.

I agree, the A6 is still one of my favorite cars, and now it finally has the motor it deserves. It's just one of those "would be nice" things. The upside is I don't feel like my pre-refresh S6 is dated. The C7 S6 should really be something special.
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    That's funny that you mention the Acura Vigor. That brings back memories. I owned a 1992 Acura Vigor GS for about a year and hated every minute of it. Torque steer and never ending reliability problems. That Acura is the reason that I switched to German cars and never looked back. So I suppose I should thank Acura for making that miserable piece of junk.
  • anon3anon3 Member Posts: 147
    "1 more thing, 50% value of all European cars disappear within 2 years."

You should research that statement a little better. BMW has been at or near the top of the charts for resale value in its class for several years. A three year old BMW is still fun to drive. A 3 year old Lexus is just an aging Toyota.
    Direct injection and twin turbo engines? Infiniti is only 3 years behind German engines.

Well, behind BMW and Audi, at least. Even the US spec 2010 E-class wont have DI, because apparently M-B can't figure out how to get it to work on just 93 octane. Mercedes engines are decidedly less cutting edge than their rivals. Not too long ago they were still using 3-valves.
  • weno2weno2 Member Posts: 38
    I had a new 92 Vigor GS and had it for 12 years (t-boned in an accident), and had 190K when totaled. Bought it, instead of a BMW 3 Series. Vigor was reliable, but I DID which I would've bought the BMW. Now driving my 3rd Acura, 05 TSX (bought an Integra when first came out- 1986). That being said, I have no urge to buy a RL or TL.. Currently looking at either a 04 Mercedes S Class, BMW 535 i-Drive, Lexus L460, or a Mercedes E350.
    I bought my 1992 Vigor GS the first weekend they were available back in 1991. I had that car for 16 years, over 165k miles until it too was lost in an accident. The Vigor is my favorite car that I have owned, at least partly for sentimental reasons (my first new car). It was really great for me. I believe I spent less on maintenance for the Vigor in its entire lifespan than I have in the 5 years I have owned my 1999 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro. It is not that the Audi has ever broken down, it is just that every bit of scheduled maintenance is so expensive.
  • bruinleebruinlee Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased '07 Acura RL with 15k miles on it for 31k. The car is immaculate condition and my other choice was BMW 530i. But the luxury items in the car made my wife to pick the RL over 530i. As I read the manual after I brought the car home, there are much more items that only the truly luxury car could offer :) . Very happy with the purchase and will enjoy this car for a while :blush:
    Sounds like you got a great deal. I have never understood why the RL does not sell better. My 02 RL was arguably the best car I have owned and I actually like the styling of the newer ones. Happy motoring.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    I'm driving your car's little brother (TSX) & have about 16K trouble-free miles on it so far. Bought it new a year ago with a manual trans & no nav, so I'm on the other end of the scale as far as bells & whistles are concerned; everything on the car works perfectly though, & I expect that to continue for a long time.

Enjoy the RL -- sounds like you got an excellent deal.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    I purchased an 08 RL with tech over one year ago. The vehicle has performed excellently compared to my trade-in rx330. Indeed I have all the power I need/want, luxury, excellent radio/cd players, and excellent service.

The Lexus service was C +. Compared to my Lexus dealer down the road, Acura service has treated me very very well, i.e A +.

I intend to drive my RL for at least to 150k as I did my 95 Accord. Oh, I almost forgot, the rx330 BEST milleage on freeway at 70 mph was 22.7 m/gal, while my RL at 75-80 mph after 20k miles, I average 28-30 m/gal.

Also, I do not work for either company.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
    I have never understood why the RL does not sell better.

Potential buyers went across the street to try the Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, or even Audi, and never came back.
    Lol !

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• shmangshmang Member Posts: 297
    "I have never understood why the RL does not sell better.

Potential buyers went across the street to try the Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, Mercedes, or even Audi, and never came back. "

That is exactly what I did - was interested in the RL and went for a test drive. Want to bring wife to look at it before make the decision. Before we can get to that stage, I looked at the M45 and changed my mind and never looked back.

The RL by itself is an OK package, but, when there are better options, the customer goes for it - especially in this luxury car market, the $5-10K cost difference is not substantial.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,688
    IMO, the RL did not offer enough in terms of style, space, content and performance over the prior version TL. At least not enough for the pricing delta...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

I would agree with that. The RL is simply priced too high. I think it would compete quite nicely in the $35 to $40 K range, but I guess that would infringe on the TL.

Like a lot of others, my solution was to buy a slightly used LS 430.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460