Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ajb723ajb723 Member Posts: 61
    I, too have had a CLK320 for about a year. Previously had a BMW 330i. Agree with your comments re:icy conditions. When there is the odor of snow I just leave the car home and use my wife's SUV. I've heard of tire problems from other owners, but that has not been my experience. The cup holder is a non-issue for me. The interior is plush and functional. I love the navigation system, which was an afterthought when I got the car, but now it is indispensible. I've had a couple of minor electrical glitches which were promptly fixed with readily available parts. The car handles reasonably well and is fun to drive, but I acknowledge it is not a true sports car drive like the BMW.
  • janis6janis6 Member Posts: 1
    I hope you can help me , I am looking at a 2002 CLK320, perfect condition, got car fax on it, clean no issues. The dealship wanted 23,900, we are now at 21,900, it has 42,000 miles I have to purchase an extended warranty for it, Cost $1800.00. I took a test drive and noticed it does not have a CD player or Tape player. How do I find out how much one will cost so I can negotiate the $$ more.I really cannot spend more than 23,000 for a used vehicle at this time. I did not think that a CD & tape player was an option. Also what is your thought of buying a vehicle out of state?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'm glad that you have found my posts so helpful, moleary. Thanks for the kind words :blush: . Mercedes-Benz Financial's current 36 or 39 month buy rate lease money factor for a lease of a 2006 CLK350 Coupe is an attractive .00145. Its has much less support on the Convertible models through. The corresponding 15,000 mile per year residual value for this car is 56%. Its 12,000 miles per year residual value would be 2% higher. Mercedes is providing a $2,000 cash incentive on CLK350 Coupes that are leased or financed through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now. Make sure to take this cash into account when making your offer on this car.

That should answer all of the questions that you asked, but if you think of anything else let me know.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    CAR_MAN, Under post #15 you indicated the M/F to be .00145.
    I went back and looked under Edmunds' incentives for the CLK-350 and found a 1.9 (.0007916) rate.

Using the .0007916 in a basic lease trial run, I could save
    about $47.00 a month on this car.

My question: Would MBFS use the .0007916 term instead of the .00145 term. Thanks for putting me square with this interest question.

Addi.
  • jonsigjonsig Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how I can search new car inventory of dealerships throughout the states? I'm working with a dealership that says that they have found 3 cars west of the Mississippi that have the options I'm looking for. The fees are pretty high to get the car shipped to the dealership and I'd like to enquire about buying the car directly then either driving back myself or having it shiped but I have no idea how to find the cars. Thoughts?
  • caclk500caclk500 Member Posts: 1
    saw you post, just curious how long it took to finally get yours. I'm planning to order one, just wondered if the dealer had a formal order form document when you placed your order. I've been given a build spec document with hand written details about the quoted price. just wondering if this is normal.

thanks in advance for your response
  • changedchanged Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the customs policy is for shipping a car back to the States? I just bought a CLK350 in Germany and will be moving to MD in the summer but I wasn't sure of what taxes to expect when the car is imported back. A web site would help as well.
  • molearymoleary Member Posts: 9
    Car_Man,

Thanks again for the help. Thought you might be interested to know that based on your feedback and my research we opted to extend my wife's current SLK lease for 6 months. Her lease will now expire in December of 06, hopefully that will put us in a better negotiating position.

Thanks again,

Michael
    Hi Addi. Mercedes-Benz has a special financing program on this car that provides 1.9% for up to 3 years, 3.9% for 4 years, and 4.9% for 5 years. Unfortunately these rates can only be used on conventional finance contracts. Mercedes-Benz Finance has a completely different set of rates for leases of this car. For April, its buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 CLK350 Coupe is still .00145. This is equivalent to an interest rate of around 3.48%. When negotiating your lease on this car, keep in mind that Mercedes is providing a $2,000 bonus on leases of this car through Mercedes-Benz Finance this month. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your car's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • addiaddi Member Posts: 33
    Many thanks for your clear explanations pertaining to the interests rates concerning leasing vs. purchase.

I have been keeping under the bookmark click a small but very usefull set of info from you so that when I get ready to enter my next lease my knowledge for negotiation time will be set.

I presently lease a 2004 525i BMW. The one area I needed the most help was knowledge about the MF/buy rate. You have very nicely put me square on this very important area. Many Thanks. Addi.
  • googleheimgoogleheim Member Posts: 1
    i am interested in leasing a 2006 Mercedes 350 Convertible for 36 months with
    comfort package
    premium package
    navigation
    manual transmission preferred, but not a must (are they hard to find?)
    How much per month should I expect to pay with minimum driveoff?
    How much is the minimum driveoff?
    How do I get the best deal and not get screwed when I walk into the dealership?
    Thank you in davance.
  • mak7mak7 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know anything about leasing any help will be highly appreicaited.

The dealar is offering me a CLK 350 with
    Heated seat,
    Sun Roof and CD changer. 10K/3000 Down/439 per month/27 months. Is this a fair deal.

Thanks
    MAK7
  • akaleg08akaleg08 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    I am proud new owner of a Cadet Blue Mercedes Benz CLK 350 with the Performance package(Sun roof- 6 disk cd changer and much much more) and wood grain steering wheel. I am so excited and believe that I got a good deal.
    Initially I went for the $439 per month for 27 months deal. The catch with this deal is the money that has to be put down( almost $4000 and the millage allowance is 10K per year. For me that wouldn't work. So I opted for 39 months /12Kmiles for 599 per month(plus tax)and I only had to pay $2500 DOD. I got this deal from Mercedes Benz of Buckhead in Atlanta GA. Keep in mind that you must lease through Mercedes Benz Financial and have a Tier 1 credit score to get most of these deals.
  • akaleg08akaleg08 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    I am reposting my post from another thread about my new CLK 350.
    I am proud new owner of a Cadet Blue Mercedes Benz CLK 350 with the Performance package(Sun roof- 6 disk cd changer and much much more) and wood grain steering wheel. I am so excited and believe that I got a good deal.
    Initially I went for the $439 per month for 27 months deal. The catch with this deal is the money that has to be put down( almost $4000 and the millage allowance is 10K per year. For me that wouldn't work. So I opted for 39 months /12Kmiles for 599 per month(plus tax)and I only had to pay $2500 DOD. I got this deal from Mercedes Benz of Buckhead in Atlanta GA. Keep in mind that you must lease through Mercedes Benz Financial and have a Tier 1 credit score to get most of these deals.
  • smp9smp9 Member Posts: 10
    Carman - Do you know of any current lease deals/incentives on CLK 350's? I live in the San Diego area if that helps
  • nlproductionsnlproductions Member Posts: 25
    Carman:

Could you please provide the current residual, money factor and any incentives in place for a 24mo/15k mi/yr lease on a Mercedes CLK500? :P

Thanks!
    Hi nlproductions. You never mentioned if you want a coupe or a convertible, so I'll provide you with the programs for both. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Coupe through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be a horrible .00415 and 62%. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 CLK500 Convertible should be .00415 and 67%. These money factors assume that you pay a security deposit ad acquisition fee at lease signing and that you qualify for Mercedes-Benz Credit's top credit tier. When negotiating your lease on either of these cars, keep in mind that Mercedes-Benz is currently providing $1,500 dealer cash on them. This money will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • joezperryjoezperry Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a CLK350 Conv.

What should I look for in a lease deal. Cap price, lease factor, residual?

How does it differ from the E350 programs.

Thanks
  • ackermanackerman Member Posts: 16
    Hi Car Man,

Please update Mercedes CLK 500 Cabriolet Lease Deals available now along with any other incentives available to help negotiations.

Looking for 36 or 39 month lease, 12K or 15K miles / year.
    Please advise money factors, residual %'s, along with any other insight into this car lease you can offer.

Thanks,

Also, trying to get info on leasing new Lexus ES350 Premium Plus with Navigation that has list of $40,999 and don't understand why lease pricing be quoted on Lexus website are highter that MB E Class 350 that cost 10K more.
    Car_Man / KYFDX / or anyone else: Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with my question!

About six months ago I started shopping for a new CLK to replace my wife's SLK (end of a lease). At the time it appeared that MB was not offering any lease support or decent money factors on the cars and rather than get into what I considered a "bad lease" we extended her current lease by 9 months to get us into the 4th quarter when we understood MB would start loosening the purse strings.

I thought I would start looking now to see which direction the trend was going...

My questions are:

What are the residuals and money factors on a 39/39 month lease (12,000 miles per year) for the CLK 350 and 500 respectively.

Is there a "sweet spot" with either model in terms of length of the lease or mileage allowance?

Should we wait until October or November to start working the new deal?

Thanks again!

Michael
  • lmmlmm Member Posts: 70
    MSRP: 67700:
    Negotiated price: 62800
    Money factor: .0042
    Residual: 43350
    Term: 39 months
    1095 first month payment and tax
    No security or down payment

GOOD DEAL OR NO??

thanks.
    That money factor works out to be over 10% interest - I don't know if that is normal for MB leases at this point, but I do know that it is HIGH!
  • mrk1975mrk1975 Member Posts: 3
    I recently spoke to a MB dealer regarding the CLK350 and I was told that rather then leasing now, if I could wait for one month MB would have better lease deals on the car in the beginning of November. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Would anyone be able to tell me what the money factor/residual will be then vs now on a 3yr/12K mile lease?
    Carman/Anyone,
    Does anyone know the residual percentage/money factor for the CLK350 coupe for either 2 or 3 yr lease with 12K/15K miles for October 2006? Can anyone tell me what they were for Nov. 2005?

Thanks in advance,
    mrk1975
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Try this forum. Or just call a few dealers. Usually the 15,000 mile figure is 2% lower than the 12,000 mile number. So get the 12k percentage for both 24 months and 36 months and you should have it. I think the MF is high, though. Like .00345.

Or you could call the Automotive Lease Guide folks in Santa Barbara, CA and ask them for historical data.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/financing/
    Thanks billmv!
    Actually, i spoke to a MB dealer yesterday (10/3/06). He informed me that the Oct lease #'s had just come out. For a 27 month/10K mile lease the money factor was .00155 and residual was 67%, i think. I wrote the numbers down yesterday and i think i've remembered them correctly, however, i'll confirm it when i go home tonight.

Hope that helps everyone!
  • limardilimardi Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

I am looking into leasing a 07 clk cab. in December. a dealer told me MB usually has an incentive program in Dec., sounds to good to be true. Is this true?

what can I expect the residual and money rate to be on 12-15m miles @36-39 mo. lease.

thanks
  • sullivan77sullivan77 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,
    I was looking for a good deal on a 2005 CLK 500, Brillant Silver, Charcoal interior, AMG package of course. I was looking for a used vehicle and even considered flying out of state and driving it back. But while searching on Autotrader.com I found two 2005 leftovers at a dealship in NY. One black and the other Silver! I made them an e-mail offer of $42k they accepted $43,500. I ran right down and picked up the car! I feel like I got a great deal for a brand new leftover CLK. I purchased the vehicle in July 06 and it had 42 miles on it when I picked it up.
    One thing I wish the car had is the Navigation system, which I was thinking of adding. I was also thinking of looking around for a upgraded after market stereo receiver. But finding something that fits and looks stock may be difficult. Does anyone have a 2005 CLK 500 or newer with the plain (ugly) stereo receiver and upgraded to the Navigation or a better system? Why Mercedes would put such a cheap looking stero receiver in such a nice car is beyond me. The front of the receiver is cheap plastic and seems to get scratched everytime I touch it.. Any suggestions?
  • rdmanrdman Member Posts: 2
    You're totally right--the standard stereo is ugly and cheap-looking. M-B makes a ton of money on its options and packages, partly because the "base" cars are very poorly-equipped.

The other bad news (for you) is that your car cannot be upgraded to NAV. Unlike the current E-Class, which needs only a NAV module to be added to the base car (at a cost of around $1800-$2000) by the dealer.

No one pretends M-B's are good value. I mean, what can you say about a $65K car that doesn't even have a CD changer or heated seats as standard? Wow!
  • kapadiakapadia Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    I am planning to lease CLK 350 Cab in 1-2 weeks. Please let me know what should I look in lease? Is there any incentives in next few weeks or months? Howmuch should I pay for 27 months lease with 4000 down or 8000 down? Please let me know with best deal prices and How should I negotiate? For 10K and 12K lease
  • kapadiakapadia Member Posts: 2
    I have not heard anything from you yet. let me know ASAP.
  • marcswedamarcsweda Member Posts: 1
    Looking at subleasing a 2006 CLK 350, fully loaded 3000 mile on the car. It was originally a 36 month lease, I would take over for 29 months. The lease was for 15k per year. They are looking for 3500 down and 483 per month. Is that a good deal?
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    That works out to $604 a month for a lease where you can drive 1448 miles per month, or 17,379 per year. Probably a pretty decent deal, given what it would take to get that from a MB dealer on a new one.
  • mbrillmbrill Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease a 2007 CLK 350 convertible. Does anyone know if there are special lease rates on this car? Also, has anyone recently negotiated a 3 year/ 15k mileage lease recently that could post their deal?
  • kazman1kazman1 Member Posts: 1
    I just leased clk 350 conv. 2006, 5k down and 675/month. The only thing missing is nav. I got it at downtown LA motors. see Raj, tell him kaz sent you...good luck...2006 and 2007 are identical. so if your leasing , it should make no difference.
  • blessedcrysblessedcrys Member Posts: 13
    Hi all! I just leased December 26, 2006 to be exact :) . A 2007 CLK 350, Black on Black with Premium I Package which includes harmon/kardon sound system, 6-disc CD changer, sunroof, autodimming driver & rearview mirror, and garage door opener and I made sure to get the DVD/Navigational system. This car is a dream come true. I have a 27 month lease program and pay $750.00 monthly :confuse: . I know this sounds like a lot but when you hear the story it's actually a deal. In 2004 I financed a 2003 Toyota Camry LE
    with 3,000 miles for $24,000 with a car note of $470.75. (I will never finance again if I can help it.) I had no choice because my credit was great but not great enough to lease without a cosigner. Anyway, I went to numerous dealers (Infinity and Mercedes) between 2005 and 2006 to see if I could trade in my car all they wanted to give me was between $5,000 and $7,000 down, with nearly $7,000 to $10,000 out of pocket :surprise: !!! No WAY!! No matter which way you look at it I would have been in an upside down lease but, it seems like those previous dealers wanted to put me udside down on my head and empty my pockets LITERALY :( . Nonetheless, I went back to the Mercedes dealer December 21, 2006 with my same 2003 Toyota Camry LE with 32,000 miles and a loan balance of $14,500, it's been in 1 accident and 1 fender bender :sick: Both were to the front. The Kelly Blue Book resale value was $11,100 (being in excellent condition). Mercedes gave me $9,500 for it so in all actuality I had a balance of $5,000. Which they put into my current lease. All in all I came out of pocket $5,000 dollars and a car note of $750 vs. coming out of pocket $7,000 to $10,000 with a car note of $800. This was and still is a wonderful experience. They were very fair with me (keep in mind I am a woman, a minority at that) I have no regrets they were honest with me, and did not try to be sneaky or try to rip me off like some car sales men. They were happy for the business, and I was happy for such a great deal, wonderful experience, their honesy, and I'm driving my dream car. It's about what works for you at the end of the day. ***Also when going to the dealer for a lease DO NOT NEGOTIATE on the sale price of the car, you have to NEGOTIATE ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.*** Alot of people do not know this and the dealer will never tell you this. Bacically, weather the car is $40,000, $50,000, or $60,000 it's a lease, you're not keeping the car so why would you negotiate on the selling price?! No, you negotiate on your monthly payments. Doing research on leases taught me this and when I went to inquire about the car and they tried to tell me the car is this price, but they selling it for a certain price I made sure to tell them that "I'm not here to negotiate with the selling price, I'm here to negotiate on the car note of the car, with a trade in." They were beyond shock, and from then on they did not try to BS me in no way. They were as honest as honest can be. Lastly, you are entitled to see a break down of where all monies will be applied, but you have to request it! Good luck and God Bless. Any questions feel free to email me especially women because for some strange reason some car dealers think we have stupid stamped across our heads thats why we need to stick together. crysewen@aol.com
    Hi all! I just leased December 26, 2006 to be exact . A 2007 CLK 350, Black on Black with Premium I Package which includes harmon/kardon sound system, 6-disc CD changer, sunroof, autodimming driver & rearview mirror, and garage door opener and I made sure to get the DVD/Navigational system. This car is a dream come true. I have a 27 month lease program and pay $750.00 monthly . I know this sounds like a lot but when you hear the story it's actually a deal. In 2004 I financed a 2003 Toyota Camry LE
    with 3,000 miles for $24,000 with a car note of $470.75. (I will never finance again if I can help it.) I had no choice because my credit was great but not great enough to lease without a cosigner. Anyway, I went to numerous dealers (Infinity and Mercedes) between 2005 and 2006 to see if I could trade in my car all they wanted to give me was between $5,000 and $7,000 down, with nearly $7,000 to $10,000 out of pocket !!! No WAY!! No matter which way you look at it I would have been in an upside down lease but, it seems like those previous dealers wanted to put me udside down on my head and empty my pockets LITERALY . Nonetheless, I went back to the Mercedes dealer December 21, 2006 with my same 2003 Toyota Camry LE with 32,000 miles and a loan balance of $14,500, it's been in 1 accident and 1 fender bender Both were to the front. The Kelly Blue Book resale value was $11,100 (being in excellent condition). Mercedes gave me $9,500 for it so in all actuality I had a balance of $5,000. Which they put into my current lease. All in all I came out of pocket $5,000 dollars and a car note of $750 vs. coming out of pocket $7,000 to $10,000 with a car note of $800. This was and still is a wonderful experience. They were very fair with me (keep in mind I am a woman, a minority at that) I have no regrets they were honest with me, and did not try to be sneaky or try to rip me off like some car sales men. They were happy for the business, and I was happy for such a great deal, wonderful experience, their honesy, and I'm driving my dream car. It's about what works for you at the end of the day. ***Also when going to the dealer for a lease DO NOT NEGOTIATE on the sale price of the car, you have to NEGOTIATE ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.*** Alot of people do not know this and the dealer will never tell you this. Bacically, weather the car is $40,000, $50,000, or $60,000 it's a lease, you're not keeping the car so why would you negotiate on the selling price?! No, you negotiate on your monthly payments. Doing research on leases taught me this and when I went to inquire about the car and they tried to tell me the car is this price, but they selling it for a certain price I made sure to tell them that "I'm not here to negotiate with the selling price, I'm here to negotiate on the car note of the car, with a trade in." They were beyond shock, and from then on they did not try to BS me in no way. They were as honest as honest can be. Lastly, you are entitled to see a break down of where all monies will be applied, but you have to request it! Good luck and God Bless. Any questions feel free to email me especially women because for some strange reason some car dealers think we have stupid stamped across our heads thats why we need to stick together. crysewenaol.com
  • speedy817speedy817 Member Posts: 1
    hi all.

i have a cadet blue 2004 CLK320 with 6900 miles. super clean weekend car. I can post pictures once I get it figured out, but I am in Northern California 20 miles south of San Francisco and this would be a wonderful Steal. if no takers, that is a shame since this is truly a clean car for $35,000. it is brand new-like. Otherwise I WILL TRADE-IN.
    Navigation, 6 disc cd changer moon roof, true luxury.
  • omerfaromerfar Member Posts: 7
    "
    ***Also when going to the dealer for a lease DO NOT NEGOTIATE on the sale price of the car, you have to NEGOTIATE ON THE MONTHLY PAYMENTS.***".

NO, You always negotiate the price of the car even if you are leasing. The lower the price of the car equal lower monthly payments. Monthly payments can easily be adjusted to meet the customer always.
    No dear I'm sorry to inform you that you are wrong. Why would you negotiate on the price of a care that you are not going to keep. Further more a carsales man who has been in the business for 32 years told me this. Now don't get me wrong if negotiating with car prices work for you thats fine but for now I'm going to do what worked and what works for me and that would be negotiation the lease price. :) Have a Blessed, Prosperous, and Productive day. :shades:
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Omerfar:

No point banging your head against a wall by arguing this issue...You'll never get your point across, but I'm going to try anyway...

Suffice to say that car dealers love "Payment Buyers". They really love "upside down" payment buyers because it gives them even more leverage and room to fudge the numbers. Say the words "Payment buyer" to a car dealer and he will salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs.

The bottom line is that for virtually ANY payment amount, the dealer can provide you with a term, interest rate, and down payment to make your dream come true. He can sell you virtually any car as long as you're willing to make payments forever (and have reasonably good credit). Of course, we never keep our cars forever and that's how we end up upside down in the first place...

You are buying a car, not a payment. Set the price of the car, negotiate the interest rate and terms, and then decide whether or not you can afford the payments. Let your finance calculator tell you the payments, not the salesman. You need to get the TOTAL deal right: price, trade value, down payment, interest rate and terms-- but it all starts with purchase price.
    I would never bang my head against the wall with this issue, matter of fact topic, because it's not an issue. Like I said before I have my views and you have yours. Point blank I have a lease the payments are very reasonable even though I was upside down with my trade in. So, Omerfar it so not that serious to some across deffensive. At the end of the day I'm happy and I'm sure you are or shall I say I hope you are and the rest is history. Enjoy your day and have a blessed one. :shades:
    Ma'am:

The important thing is that you got your dream car and you are happy with your deal. It's truly a fine automobile. May you drive it in good health.

For others looking to lease a CLK, you'll find that the MB website advertises the CLK at $449/month for 27 months with $3,994 due at signing. Be sure to read the fine print on the miles however...
  • samarorasamarora Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Thanks for all your posts and the info regarding the current lease on the CLK. I saw the car today and was told about this lease. I'm not sure this is that great a deal. Do you think there is room for further negotiation on it?
    Hi Vinnyny. You can get it for way cheaper than that. I think the lease on the CLK 350 start at $499 mnthly with the premium I package. MB has a special going on right now on the C class, CLK class, ML class, etc. Just go to MBusa.com. You may not see my situation as a deal but in all actuallity it is. Keep in mind that I am upside down in my payment by $5,000.00. Trust me I did my homework as well as reasearch for this car and MB gave me the best deal. This car is so HOT!!! :shades: Too bad I can't really enjoy the horsepower because I'm in brooklyn NY and there are stop lights at every corner and police on every other block. But, I'm still enjoying it. And I know you will too. ;)
    I'm not sure how much better you could do because I'm not sure I understand how MB gets the numbers for the lease. Specifically, I can't figure out the real cap cost and the dealer contribution. Here's what their ad says: "MSRP of $49,505 less the suggested dealer contribution resulting in a total gross capitalized cost of $45,931.98." It goes on to say that there is a $2750 cap cost reduction. Is that in addition to the dealer contribution (i.e. subtract 2750 from $45931.98 to get the actual cap cost) or is that $2750 already included to get you down to the $45931.98?

The invoice is only $46904. So, if the $2750 is not included in the $45932, that would tell us that the dealer is selling the car for less than invoice. One must assume that the dealer is getting some factory cash to make that happen. If that's the case, I wouldn't count on too much more of a discount--but I sure as heck would try to get more anyway.

If the $45932 includes your cap cost reduction of $2750, then the dealer is taking off a mere $853 for a $50k car. That's what? 1.6%? You've got to be able to beat that!

Maybe one of the lease smart hosts can help us out with this one...
  • mpdreamermpdreamer Member Posts: 6
    Car Man or any others with recent relevant information:

I'm evaluating leases on the CLK 350 & 550 Cabriolet. MSRP for the cars I've spec'd out are 61,635K and $70,035, respectively. At MSRP, the dealer makes 7% and 6% over invoice, I think. I'd appreciate information on the following:

1. What is a fair price reduction (off MSRP) for these vehicles? More generally, how much is a "fair" amount for the dealer to make on the sale of either of these vehicles?

2. For a 10K and 12K mileage lease for each vehicle, for 24 and 36 month lease, what are the current residuals? The dealer I visited is quoting 71% and 61% for a 10K lease.

3. For a 10K and 12K mileage lease for each vehicle, for 24 and 36 month lease, what are the current money factors? The dealer is using a .004 factor for a 10K lease.

I very much appreciate your feedback on these questions.
  • mpdreamermpdreamer Member Posts: 6
    Car_man: In responding to the message below, you can assume that I'll be going with the CLK 550. Although it has a $1K gas guzzler tax and costs approximately $8500 more, I think that going the lease route minimizes the pain. Thanks for your help.
  • mbrillmbrill Member Posts: 3
    Thanks but I decided to go with a 2006 fully loaded BMW 330 convertible as it was much less expensive ($0 down and $550/mo.)
  • bknycbknyc Member Posts: 61
    Might be to late....Just leased a 2007 350 CLK Cab..for $739 a month including tax w/ $1836 out of pocket (includes 1st month) on a 27 month lease w/ 10k miles p/y. List price was about $58k and included premium 1 pkg, heated seats, and wood wheel. Car is Blk on Blk....I think I got a pretty good deal....

Thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.