Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

DODGE VS CHEVY, FORD, TOYOTA, SORRY DODGE IS NUMBER 1

dodgeram7dodgeram7 Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Dodge
Dodge makes the best trucks on the road today.

Comments

• redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
    dodge7 for pointing this out. i'm gonna trade my
    rado in on a new dodge right now. as it is, i'm
    not concerned with enough power for towing
    anyway. also, i could careless about a truck that
    has a reliable tranny too. so i'm going to do the
    smart thing and get me a dodge that will at least
    get 3-5 trannys replaced before my warranty is
    up. that way when the warranty is through i'll at
    least have a brand new tranny to work on. another
    good thing about dodge is that they'll never go
    out of style cause dodge doesn't change the look
    of the trucks right?

well dodge7, i just want to say thanks again for
    showing me the light and "keep on truckin".

...red
  • bpalmer2bpalmer2 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 79 Dodge looking to buy a new Ford and would like to find out what fuel mileage the drivers are getting. I'm looking at the 250 4x4 est. cab, dis. engine.I'm looking at the 00 or 01 Fords.
  • dah1dah1 Member Posts: 8
    Dodge sells nothing but headaches!!
  • misfit101misfit101 Member Posts: 8
    I have a dodge and really like it a lot,I'd rather have a dodge than a ferd or a chebby desperado.
  • davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    I like my Dodge. This Dodgeram7 kid really gets on my nerves. I thought his parents grounded him. Maybe they will take his allowance away. Maybe his lunch money too. They should make him hand-wash all their dishes. Then his fingers will be too sore to use his keyboard and his pea-brain will be too weak to think up these intilectually stimulating discussion topics.
  • dodgeram7dodgeram7 Member Posts: 55
    If you own a Dodge then why are you making comments like this. I own a Dodge & if someone was tring to say something good about Dodge trucks you put them down. I think you must on a Toyota Tundra but you really want a Ram. So next time you try to put a Dodge owner down when you a Dodge yourself remember you must be a very poor Dodge owner.
    Its good to see that I have some support for Dodge trucks in this room. Some owners like Davids1 who say they own a Dodge truck like to put other Dodge owners down. Davids1 must hate Dodge truck owners almost as much as he hates Dodge trucks.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I think davids1 just doesn't like you. Doesn't matter what kind of truck you own. I didn't know that Tonka made Dodge trucks for kids...LMAO!
  • lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    I have a 98 Ram with the 24v and the lowest mpg I have evr gotten is 21 and that was a 500 mile trip through the mountains up here in Alaska in the winter averaging around 60 mph. In the summer I get right around 23 on the same trip running @75mph.From what I have seen from the Power stroke you can expect just under 20MPG for the same trip (friend has one.
    That sounds great. I wish the dealer will price me a Dodge for about the same. He is doing a sells promotion and that is why the price is $ 27080 for the 2001 4x4 250 XLT SuperDuty.I think I really like the Dodge a little better.That is great MPH, I just hope that I can get that. Thanks for the response.
    I put in MPH instead of MPG. Was your pickup a Auto or a manual?
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    With a Dodge MPT is more important than MPG.

In case you have never owned a Dodge before - and therefore don't know what MPT is - it is Miles Per Tranny!!
  • davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    OBY said it right, you just annoy me dodgeram7. Doesn't matter what kind of truck you drive. I welcome USEFUL discussion on trucks, no matter what brand is being discussed. You obviously wouldn't understand that. Maybe you'll figure it out when you get through puberty.

You also might consider proof-reading your responses before you post, or have you gotten to that part of third grade english class.
    My Ram is an automatic and I have not had a bit of trouble with it.

Z71bill, I have heard the same thing about dodge transmissions but do you know anyone who has problems? Up here in Alaska there is dodges everywhere and I dont know of any of them that have a tranny problem.I am not saying that none of them do I just don't know of any from the 20 or so rams people I know have.
    three of our installers have the rams w/cummins
    and all three have had trannys replaced before
    they reached 40k. not sure why they put such a
    good engine in those trucks and then put trannys
    that can't handle the torque. other than that
    though the're trucks have performed flawlessly.

we have a sub-contracter that has the gas version

and has now gone 60k and he pulls a trailer day
    in and day out. go figure.

...red
    that's their, not the're. duhh
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I think it is the heat that kills the Dodge tranny - Maybe not a problem in Alaska - but the high temp today in Houston was 105.

I have also heard - not confirmed - that Dodge engines run like sh-t in hot temps.

No power above 100 degrees. I think it has something to do with the 1970 style air intake. When is Dodge going to bring its designs into the 1980's?
    Sounds like there is more Ford owners than Dodge owners on this site. The Dodge owners in this area that I know has had good service from Dodge.
    I would think the cold weather would kill a tranny first,but I dont know I am not a mechanic I dont know what transmission fluid looks like at -60f but 30 weight oil flows like molasses at that temp.Who knows maybe Dodge made a bunch of trannys on monday.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    the Dodge is really number one!...I better run out and get one!

and to think that a company that has sold trucks for 6 years based on looks alone (and the only period in history they have ever sold) can be number one already!...even though the sales and reliability are the pits..

wow...geee golly wizz...this is the most amazing thing I have ever heard Wally...

where can I get one?

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    You may purchase your new dodge at your local neighborhood dodge dealer. Just don't expect much in the line of trade in on your chebby shakerado. Good luck on this one now!
    Should be an even trade...Depreciated shakerado = new Dodge truck...drove a Dodge ram 1500 with 700 miles on it. The way it handled and rode, I had to look twice cause I could have sworn it felt like 70,000...plus there was no legroom in the extended cab.
    ...too bad 2500's aren't shakers...

..and trade ins are not for me....I sell mine..

.They are building a new dodge dealer near my Chevy dealer though?.....hmmmmmmmm..I gotta get one now!

- Tim
  • fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    DODGERAM7's other car is a FORD!!!! What???? A FORD!!!!! You gotta be kidding. Oh I know, it's sitting in the back yard on blocks, right?

As for reliabilty, my best friend (and he still is) bought a Dodge. In 2 years he has had 2 tranny jobs and then they gave him a new one on the 3rd trip to the dealer. He said the best thing about his Dodge was the extended warranty!!!

By the way,
    I own the truck that's like,...well,...its like a truck. I didn't want a rock.
    you didn't want a rock solid truck....

...so you got??.....the one that looks like a bad cartoon going down the road?

- Tim
    You must be sittin in the back if you are complainin' about legroom in the dodge. Chevy has a better backseat but I drive up front and the dodge cab is far superior to chevys from the drivers position- my opinion. 40,000 on my quad cab and not even a hint of a squeak or rattle.
    hear the squeaks and rattle above the noise caused by the transmission grinding? ;)
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    The backseat can be used for other things too. Trust me on this one. The silverado has the biggest ext cab.

Ryan
  • anonymousanonymous Member Posts: 314
    not only the biggest but the best in comfort too.
    boy this goofy topic is gettin worse by the post.

"Good luck on this one now"

...red
  • dah1dah1 Member Posts: 8
    TONKA builds better trucks than Dodge. Don't assoiate Tonka with Dodge.
    You got confused. Its the GM with the grinding transmissions. Been there.
    No, no, the GM's growl not grind. Dodge's grind is like "grinding to a stop" so to speak...
    I don't get it Tim. What's the "bad cartoon going down the road"?
    The front end of a Ford!.....the entire front end and the itty bitty fenders just look like a cartoon to me...rather than a real truck...(I'm not being Anti-Ford here either)...it's what I see

My opinion..

- Tim
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    the f150's look like a taurus with a bed? super
    duties look good...just can't stand the looks of
    the f150. also...the super-crew. great idea - but why'd they put the "sport-trak" bed on it? duh!

bco
  • rassom1rassom1 Member Posts: 35
    Ever look at the F150 chassis?
    Looks paper thin to me. Look at it next time you see one especially the new ones. Will scare the hell out of you.
    Ford Tuff Uh!!!!
    ...The superduty is a good looker...as is the 95 style F-150...but the current style is like.....a bad hair day?....or something like that

F150....your brand loyalty and denial are getting you nowhere ace....

- Tim
    I will have to take back my comments on the Chevy Silverado & the Gmc Sierra. If you Chevy & Gmc owners will help me to run the ford owners out of this room then I will say that Chevy,Dodge, & Gmc make a far more superior trucks then Ford or Toyota. So I will admit that Chevy & Gmc have a good truck now lets join together for once and run the Ford & Toyota owners out of this room.
    Can I trust you Chevy & Gmc owners To back me up I will not say anything bad about a Chevy or Gmc if you do not say notting bad about a Dodge. So let get the Ford & Toyota owners out of here until these companies start making real trucks o.k. with better frames & a good pushrod or ohv engine under their hoods. Notting beets a good pushrod V-8. If you Chevy & Gmc Owners agree then lets fight Ford & Toyota Together with their junk sohc & dohc V-8 junk motors.
    topic is heading to....

Good luck on this one now!!
    or ohv engine? we already have an ohv engine
    under the hood you moron. dodgeram you talk like
    mountain boy with a 3rd grade diploma.

good luck on this one too!!!

...red
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    Meredith, please axe. this adds nothing to Edmunds.
    Didn't you know that dodgeram7 is hear strictly for entertainment purposes only? similarly f150...
    hey f150, what say we ban together and get rid of

the dodge guys? LOL
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    I'm going to form an alliance with Rwell and kick you all off the island!
    with all the ruckess you've started here, i can
    only imangine what you must put your poor foster
    parents through.

...red
    ..well....I'd ban together and help get rid of Ford guys...but there is a problem...GM and Ford make the best trucks.....with Dodge skating a thin line on being below Toyota..

Dodge has the right designers for looks....but the mechanicals are just not there....same old junk.

- Tim
  • eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    I don't know how everyone thinks the Ram is still competetive, with nothing but 60's engineering in a modern shell. Everyone else makes more power for better performance with lower displacement and better fuel economy. I think sometimes Dodge guys are the type who are big on numbers, as in "I got the 360, the 5.9" but they don't realize such numbers mean nothing if inefficient technology does not make the most of the fuel that goes into the engine. No brand loyalty speaking here(I'm a Ford guy and hope to eventually trade my Ranger on an F150) Just facts. The Dodge 318 and 360 are straight out of 60's muscle cars, with plenty of parasitic drivetrain loss and inefficiency. With the redesign in '93 they went with fomr but not substance.
    in post #35 you were answering a direct question that I asked you. Because you were posting to me about my F250. In that post you said something like...it looks like a bad cartoon going down the road (odd statement IMHO).

BUT....now you say in post #40 "superduty is a good looker" and that the F150 looks like a bad hair day(another odd statement IMHO).

If I say you contradict yourself would you admit it?
    surely you exaggerate. The bulk of the problems lie with the 2 wd. If I had bought a 4wd don't believe that I would be suffering the fate you described. And surely you jest when stating that you would buy a Dodge...if not, then I have seriously overestimated your intelligence...
    yeah..it does look like a bad cartoon design....or like a bad hair day...like when she just says.."heck with it...slap the hair up and put a pin in it".....

How about a Bad hair cartoon?

- Tim
This discussion has been closed.