Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Owners Manuals

scotboyscotboy Member Posts: 1
Hi.

I am new so this might not be in the 'right' place, but I tried :)

I just bought an '02 Civic LX (certified) from a local honda dealership. They didn't give us an owner's manual with the car and don't seem to be very interested in providing one, even though they have said they will 'try and find one'. It is obvious to me that they don't intend to.

Isn't it normal that they would provide one? It doesn't seem right that we should go out and drop $30-40 on one ourselves...?

Thanks

Comments

• whitecloud1whitecloud1 Member Posts: 268
    Yes, they should give you one. Don't let them forget, it's certified, still under some kind of warrenty. Talk to the Service Manager. Maybe he can help
  • b4madstudentb4madstudent Member Posts: 1
    Salesman are your friend until you make the purchase. After the purchase they will avoid you and they do not need anything from you after they have your money.

For $70.00 you can get a Service manual for your Civic. Even if you are not mechanically oriented you can follow the work that the mechanics will be doing to your car in the future.
    This will give you a guide to their work and make you a smarter when dealing with cars.
    So if you are going to spend the money on a manual try the service manual instead. By the way, it is too big for the glove box.
  • philegumbophilegumbo Member Posts: 1
    Is there a site where an owner can download operations and or maintenance manuals for a 1993 Nissan Maxima? Thanks
  • aprilappleaprilapple Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 1995 Toyota Corolla about a month ago and have been searching the internet for an owner's manual to download like you. However, I haven't been able to find one either. I've read other comments on forums which advise to call the Toyota company and request one. I'm going to try to find a phone number and do this. Have you tried this?
  • aprilappleaprilapple Member Posts: 2
    I actually found several manuals on e-bay but was hoping to get one free, so I found Toyota's phone number on-line and called them. They asked for my VIN # and mailed me an owner's manual free of charge within 7 days of my call. I was very impressed! Thanks anyway.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    That's a great tip!

Steve, Host
  • alanwukalanwuk Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I have just bought an old Isuzu trooper (1987). Due to its age it didn't have an owners manual. Does any one know what it means when the t-belt light comes on in the display. The vehicle has just done 180,000 miles

Thanks

Alan

PS or where can i aquire a manual
  • bcarter3bcarter3 Member Posts: 145
    Owner and Shop Manuals for 1987 Trooper available at www.helm.com. Click on Service Publications and follow the links. Owners Manual $15.00. Shop Manual $50.00.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Honda Owner's manual is available for download on the Honda's owner's site for free, with free registration.

Honda Owners link
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    blueiedgod:

I don't think so....

I've never found a link to a downloadable Honda Owner's Manual at Owner Link. I just checked. Still not there.
  • cabriovw4funcabriovw4fun Member Posts: 1
    The link wasn't 100% acurate, but I found what he was referring to, after setting up an account and entering my vin, I got access to the owner's manual.

https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?logout=1
    Please point out specifically and exactly where you may have accessed an online Owners Manual. I am still unable to locate an Owners Manual at Honda Owner Link. The best that I can find there reads:

Your Owner's Manual contains detailed information about:

Driver and Passenger Safety
    Instruments and Controls
    Comfort and Convenience Features
    Operation Tips
    Maintenance
    Appearance Care
    Taking Care of the Unexpected
    Technical Information
    Warranty and Customer Relations
    Factory Authorized Manuals
    Service Information Summary

To obtain a printed copy of your Owner's Manual or any other manual covering the operation and servicing of your vehicle, you can order it online or call this toll-free number during the listed hours:

(800) 782-4356
    Monday - Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm EST

To order by mail, please contact:

Helm Incorporated
    P.O. Box 07280
    Detroit, MI 48207
  • fergozfergoz Member Posts: 2
    Help, I need Honda Civic 1996 Repair Manual, :(
  • fergozfergoz Member Posts: 2
    Please, I need Owners Manual Honda Civic 1996 :(
    Try eBay.
    You can try the Honda Civic Owners: Problems & Solutions discussion too; someone in there may have a suggestion about aftermarket repair manuals (Haines, etc.).

Steve, Host
  • swampyroswampyro Member Posts: 1
    Hi, l am looking for a repair or workshop manual,
    that l can download for a 1995 Toyota Hilux Deisel,
    2.8 litre, Cab Chassis, Tray back.
    Thanks for any help. swampyro, Australia.
  • grammargddssgrammargddss Member Posts: 1
    I am new, so pls forgive me if this is not the right place to post.

I don't *have* an owner's manual for my 2005 Civic, and need to pursue this with the broker who sold me the car.

I purchased seat covers for the car from the dealer, and they can't tell me how to get the back one to fit! There is apparently a bolt underneath that "pops" out to remove the back seat, but I have not been able to feel it. The dealer I bought the car from via the broker tells me they can't do anything "mechanical". The dealer I take my car to to be serviced claims *they* don't do this sort of thing! Please help with any suggestions of where to look for information or how to fit the seat cover on. I am SOooooo frustrated!
    Try eBay for an Owner's Manual if you choose not to buy one from a Honda dealer.

Be very cautious about installing seat covers on front seats that have side airbags. They must not prevent the airbags from deploying in an emergency.
  • junk_car_ownerjunk_car_owner Member Posts: 47
    I know a web site that lets you download all kinds of owners manuals free
    I know of one for Fords (link) and Honda's OwnerLink has them to download as well (link). Several other brands offer similar free downloads.

Steve, Host
  • junk_car_ownerjunk_car_owner Member Posts: 47
    https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.asp

You can go back to 1990 Honda.
  • wallys67wallys67 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, l am looking for an owner's manual for Infiniti FX35 2005,
    that l can download.
    Thanks,
    Dusan, Slovakia
  • kapeasleekapeaslee Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I just received a 1982 Chevy Silverado Pickup truck and I was looking for the owner's manual to go with it. I can't find any online and I was wondering if somebody can help me in finding this answer. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
    Kim Peaslee
  • clemdiaclemdia Member Posts: 10
    I just sold my 4Runner -- for the cost of postage, I'll give this manual to the first taker:

Haynes 1995-2000 Tacoma/1996-2000 4Runner/1993-1998 T100
    (One book covers all three models for listed years)

Reply to this message if interested --
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    thanks clemdia! Very kind of you.

If you're interested DON'T post your address or phone in a reply--rather, e-mail clemdia by clicking on his username.
  • coolguy982coolguy982 Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in this if it is still available. Let me know!

Thanks!
  • belvettebelvette Member Posts: 13
    Is there a web site where I could download a free copy of the service manual for a 2003 Ford mustang?
    Thanks in advance!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Well not free (but close), but if you go to HelmInc, the have all of the Ford manuals online which you can print out (or create PDF's). I don't remember the specifics, but for like 10 or 15 bucks you get 24 hour access which is plenty of time to get what you need.

Compared to all of the hardcopy service manuals I've purchased for my vehicles in the past...this is a GREAT deal.

www.helminc.com
  • bialasbialas Member Posts: 2
    Does anybody know where I can download a free owners manual for a 2001 Saturn L200?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Worst case, you can get hardcopy at www.helminc.com
  • ron_s1369ron_s1369 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to find out if there are any web sites out there that have the 2002 trailblazer owners manual or maybe a Chilton's repair book so that I can find the information on how to change the front hub assembly or wheel bearing assembly whichever it is referred to as???
  • mertimooomertimooo Member Posts: 3
    I have searched high and low for a free owners manual to download and print. Here's the deal - i just got this 4x4 SUV. Let me start by saying I've owned it a whole 2 weeks and it ran fine. Well it snowed here the other day - Being the girl that I am :) - I decided to push the "Winter" button that is located by the 4x4 shifter (along with a button that says "Power"). Once I pushed the "Winter" button and tried to drive off the vehicle cut out and started to idle rough - going down the highway at 3000 RPM I could only get to 60 MPH...I need to know either what these stupid buttons mean or a place where I could download a manual. Needless to say my check engine light is on now and SUV idles/drives terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Owner's Manual on eBay:

How's Your Spanish?
    LOL - I'm not the best spanish speaking barrel racer around...unfortunately I dont think that a spanish manual will help me!
    Ah, que lastima....well I TRIED! This is a hard manual to find. I can't imagine "winter" mode being anything more than something that probably cuts out first gear, on a car this old I mean. I don't think they had computerized traction control back then, did they?
    You are exactly right - after researching on the internet, it claims that the winter button is used to provide a better traction by dropping into a lower gear for less tire slippage...now I had the CEL codes read last night - got codes mentioning o2 sensors and misfire in cyl 6...
    You are right - this is a hard manual to find, but I really appreciate you trying so hard. :)
    Well those codes are a chicken and egg situation. Did the misfire upset the 02 sensor or did the 02 sensor cause the misfire? Many people do replace 02 sensors unnecessarily, but then again, sometimes they are right to do so. More diagnosis seems to be in order here. The CEL codes don't tell you what component is defective, only which circuit is having difficulties.

Well an owner's manual is not your immediate problem. You need a worshop manual, and I know for sure that those appear on eBay, (in English). ;)
  • txteeheetxteehee Member Posts: 3
    Good Morning to the group...I hate to sound like the 'typical dumb blonde', but until I can find an owner's manual for my new (to me) 2000 Dodge Dakota Qad, I need some help figuring out how to make the back seats go down or out so I can get to the jack that's stored underneath the back seat. Can anyone help me out? Thanks so much in advance! :)
    I was going to refer you to a Dodge Dakota topic but I see you've posted in the Dakota forums---but not in the proper place---I'm sure the host there will"freeze" your post, and redirect or move your post to just the right place, so check back on your post over there:

Your Dakota Forums Post

Host
    M&R Forum
  • txteeheetxteehee Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction. I forgot to mention that I was a rookie at this, but I'm guessing it wasn't too hard to figure that out! :) Thanks, again.

ps. I really appreciate the kindness, too. Some sites and hosts jump all over you if you mess up-they've forgotten what it was like to be a beginner. Kudos to you, Mr Shiftright! :blush:
    Nah, we aren't like that. Edmunds is a very friendly place!
  • smidget53smidget53 Member Posts: 2
    trying to find information on cd changer
  • smidget53smidget53 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for the info not quite what i was looking for, or i over looked it i'll look again later.
    Ah, so you want to know how to operate it, not take it out?