Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• dhammerdhammer Member Posts: 13
    I'll try to make this as brief as possible! My husband and I have always purchased our vehicles but after wanting new vehicles every 2-3 years, we've quickly learned that leasing looks like a better option for us. We are both looking at Acura's and noticed they have leasing offers on the models we're interested in.

I'm looking at a 2012 MDX - lease offer is - 2012 MDX 6 Speed Automatic Featured Special Lease - $0 Due at Lease Signing, $510/month 35 months. Details say it's for the base model (MSRP 43,925.00), I'm wanting to get one with Tech/Ent package (MSRP 49,390). The dealer I'm looking at online appears to have 88 2012 MDX (various levels) on hand, as of today. What kind of numbers to I approach them with? BTW, credit pretty good with a 740 score.

Husband is looking at the at a 2013 ILX 5 - lease offer is - 2013 ILX 5 Speed Automatic w/Premium Package - $0 Due at Lease Signing - $310/month 38 months. He seems pretty satisfied with the package and options listed.

How/where do we negotiate...or is there even option to negotiate on advertised special leases?

Any advice, suggestion or input appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Recently got quotes for a base MDX at about $36,000, MDX with Tech for about $39,500, and MDX Tech/Ent for about $41,500. These prices include freight and consider the $1,000 loyalty discount. These prices are in the Virginia/Maryland area.

At those prices plus the acquistion fee ($595) and a reasonable amount for dealer documentation (say $100 or so), the expected monthly lease payment, with $0 down, 12K per year, for 36 months, would be something like:

Base $440
    Tech $490
    Tech/Ent $550

Even if you don't qualify for the loyalty if your husband buys the ILX first, you have an Acura and therefore would qualify.

A 740 credit score will get Acura's prime lease. A dealer with 88 2012s should be ready to deal.

Of course, the above quotes were not negotiated so there is likely some additional discount to be had.
  • czar4czar4 Member Posts: 33
    Yes, you can negotiate the price of the car, which will reduce your pmt.
  • dhammerdhammer Member Posts: 13
    Could/would they go as low as invoice? Or is there a certain limit they'll go down with leasing?
  • carlease1carlease1 Member Posts: 9
    In San Diego. Can you give me the best price, money factor and residual percentage for this car.

Thanks....
  • shak033shak033 Member Posts: 1
    I just negotiated the following deal for a 36 month lease on an Acura MDX with tech pkg which includes an Acura loyalty $1000 credit, is this a good deal or should I try to get better?

$2000 down payment, includes first month payment
    $480 per month for 35 months
    Residual payment of around $25,700

Is the residual payment negotiable? I would like to purchase the car at the end of the lease. Please advise!!
  • devilsadvct33devilsadvct33 Member Posts: 117
    Hi car man,

do you have the August residuals and money factors for all mdx trims? thanks.
  • olivers1olivers1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello there,
    I got a lease offer for 2012 MDX with technology package for $589x 35 months.
    All taxes are rolled in. First payment is $609 for registration and first month.
    10 k miles a year.
    Is this a good deal or should I shop around a little more?
  • joecoolmdxjoecoolmdx Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car man,

I just leased a 2012 MDX with tech package and advanced running boards. The deal I received is as follow:
    $2500 drive off
    $499/month including tax ( I live in CA)
    MSRP: $48,400, OTD price: $44,000
    10K miles/ per year

Am I getting a good deal on my MDX? Please kindly advise. Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi devilsadvct33. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor for all 2012 MDX trim levels is .00090 for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

This truck's 36-month, 15,000 mile per year residual values are 53% for the base model, 49% for the Advance, 48% for the Advance & Entertainment, 51% for the Tech and 50% for the Tech & Entertainment.

When negotiating your deal on this vehicle, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • whusurdadiwhusurdadi Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone...
    This is my first post on here, so I hope I'm giving over all the required info...

I bought my wife a 2012 MDX base about 8 weeks ago, and was able to beat the dealer down from the $43K MSRP down to $37K minus another $1k loyalty.

I am now looking to trade my 2003 MDX Nav for another 2012 MDX - either a base or a Tech.
    I called the dealer and said I wanted the same $37K minus $8500 for my MDX (KBB is about $10k or so) minus the $1k loyalty. He said he could do that and I'd be at $525 a month. He then asked why I don't go for a lease - which would not only give me $6k back as cash on my trade, but get me the base for $469 a month.

I've never leased a car before - I drive ~7500 a year, so I shouldn't have a problem on that end and my credit is over 740; my concern is the lack of equity in the car.

Is that lease offer a good deal or is his pulling one over me since I don't know/understand the lease ins and outs?

Not sure if it matters, but I'm in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
    Thanks for any advice!
    Cheers
    Welcome whusurdadi. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

In short, essentially you should be able to take the same low selling price that you negotiated for a purchase of the MDX that you want and have the dealer calculate your payment using that price as the capitalized cost and a money factor of .00090. this money factor assumes that you qualify for Acura's top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • hondafan14hondafan14 Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2012
    Just leased yesterday.
    MDX Tech + Ent. + Integrated Remote Starter
    36 months / 12k year
    Total 2000 out of pocket (Includes, Tax, Title, First Month, Bank Fees, Tags etc.)
    535 Per Month
    I traded in a leased Honda Pilot which had positive equity. So, total cash out of pocket was $760.

Hope I did well. Love the car and the whole leasing experience. Dealership and staff were great with no pressure to buy.
  • sgupta7sgupta7 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me which dealer you used in nj
  • hondafan14hondafan14 Member Posts: 23
    Park Avenue Acura in Rochelle Park. I worked with Nick Martinez and he was great right of the bat.
  • mistyk1015mistyk1015 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Hello,

This is my first post on this site. I figured since these posts really helped me figure out what deal to look for, I'll post information on the lease deal I got over at the Riverside dealership. I signed my lease on 8/31/2012.

2012 Acura MDX (Base):
    The agreed upon Vehicle Purchase Price: $36,000
    On the lease agreement, they put $37K but added $1K to down payment (given by the dealership), so it came out to be $36K
    They added the acquisition fee of $595 at the end though,
    so my real total was $36,595

Drive-Off (includes license fees, 1st mo. payment, etc..) = $975
    Lease Term: 36 mos
    Mileage: 10K/yr
    MF: 0.0009 (~2.16% Interest Rate)
    Residual Value: $24,598

Monthly
    Before 8.75% Tax: $388.33
    After Tax: $422.30

This deal was made via email which made it very convenient for me since everything was pretty much set and done by the time I got to the actual dealership. I was contacted by a female sales rep and she was very quick and efficient. I talked to her a little on the phone and she was very professional.

Unfortunately, due to a family emergency, she could not help with the actual lease signing but she made sure to have another individual help me with the process. She was nice but I don't think she has much experience and she was not very enthusiastic so my experience via email and phone was pretty positive. However, my experience with the other individual who actually showed me the car and helped get the deal through, was not as positive. It wasn't bad per se but I think if the one I worked with via email & phone was there, the car buying experience would have been a bit more enjoyable.

Hope this helps! Also, please advise if you think I got a good or bad deal. I'm pretty happy with the deal I got and I plan to purchase the vehicle at lease end as long as no big issues come up.
  • jdyszeljdyszel Member Posts: 10
    Wow...your payment is only $422.30 p/m....?
    Yup, $422.30/mo. I think the timing worked out well because Acura was having good financing offers and as long as you qualify, you'll get a pretty good rate. However, I only get 10,000 mi/yr.

I just read that I should leave off salespeople's names. I'm going to have to edit my previous post.
  • bushidobenbushidoben Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    @ Car_Man: This is my first post on the site but have used this site several times over the years to negotiate good deals ... infinite thanks .

Nonetheless, it's time for a new lease and am getting the following on a 2012 Acura MDX Base lease:

Price of vehicle $37,986
    Residual value $22,841
    Money factor.00090
    Monthly Payment: $545/mo. (includes TT+L)
    36 months and 12k miles/yr.

Only first payment out of pocket at signing.

I think there is some movement on the final price of the vehicle however I am not sure if the residual is correct, can you please confirm. Also looking at a 2013 Volvo XC90 and will post lease info on the XC90 forum. Thanks in advance.
    Is $545/mo. including tax or before tax?
  • bushidobenbushidoben Member Posts: 3
    @mistyk1015: The $545/mo. is including taxes (on a 2012 Acura MDX Base lease - 36 mo/12k yr).
    Welcome aboard bushidoben. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 base MDX with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If I was in the market for a 2012 MDX right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the available $3,000 dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the info. I posted the deal I got on my 2012 mdx base model on this forum about a week ago. It's not entirely comparing apples-to-apples since you get 12k/yr and I get 10k/yr.

My purchase price was 36K (1K-acura loyalty disc, 1.5K-dealer cash) with a residual of $24,598 at lease end (36 mo. lease). I checked the acura website right now and it looks as though their lease offers show a residual value of $24,158.75. I would think you could easily get that same higher residual value which would lower your monthly payment by close ~ $40/mo. (I assumed my sales tax of 8.75%-california).

The benefit to having a lower residual is if you plan to purchase the vehicle at lease end. However, if you do not plan to do so, I highly recommend trying to go down a little more on the purchase price and ask for the higher residual. Also, the MF of 0.0009 is equivalent to 2.16% APR which is a pretty good rate.

The downside is that your monthly lease payment will be higher due to the lower residual value. Hope this helped!
  • rundyrundy Member Posts: 5
    Can you please post the money factor and residual value for a 2012 Acura MDX with Tech + Entertainment?

Thanks!
    Certainly rundy. Acura's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 MDX with Tech, Entertainment and 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 dealer cash and an additional $1,000 in conquest or loyalty cash that are available on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Base Acura MDX, one with 10,000 cap with a montlhy payment of $422.30 including tax and a similar base MDX with a 12,000 cape and a monthly payment of 545.00 including tax. That is a higher annual payment of $1,476.00. Seems like one should go with the 10,000 cap and pay the $.20 per mileage over the 10,000 per year.
  • jk764jk764 Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2012
    Car man, can you tell me what the residual numbers in November are for a 36 month lease / 12k miles as well as a 48 month / 12k miles on the 2013 Acura MDX with Advance and Entertainment packages? Also, is the money factor still .00090 assuming super preferred credit tier is met? From my research, appears that a decent price on the car would be $49,600. I am in the NJ/NY area and deciding whether to buy or lease in the next few weeks.

Thanks so much!
  • sdy101sdy101 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man,

I typically buy used cars that are about 3 yrs old, drive them for 2-3 years, then trade them in on another used car. With are running this cycle with our 2008 MDX and it seems like I should probably be leasing. So I was hoping you could tell me what the residual numbers in November are for a 36 month lease (15k miles) on the 2013 Acura MDX with Tech and Rear Entertainment packages? We have excellent credit, so as the previous poster mentioned, is the money factor still .00090? From my research, MSRP on the 2013 would be $49,750 with Invoice at $46,089. With customer loyalty and other rebates and incentives, what would you recommend as good ballpark price? Thanks!
    I certainly can jk764. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Advance with Entertainment and 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00175 and 43%.

Where did you see the .00090 money factor? It might have been that low on the 2012 model, but I don't think that it has been on the 2013 model yet.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 dealer cash incentive that is now available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings sdy101. Acura's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX with Tech, Entertainment and 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not aware of any loyalty incentives on this model, but I do know that there is $1,500 dealer cash on this truck right now that you should take into account during your negotiations. I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over (preferably towards the lower end) minus the cash incentive.

Car_man
    Host
  • nate6789nate6789 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

I have decided to lease a 2013 mdx
    Dealer offered.
    Msrp- $47850 . Purchase prive $44,900
    36 month 18k yr. Lease $2500 down

Is $702.00 a month a fair deal? There are 2 other dealers in area and was going to try them next.

Thanks for your input
  • jdyszeljdyszel Member Posts: 10
    Hi all,

I closed on an MDX this morning and wanted to share the deal I negotiation with you all. To start I was turning in a 2010 MDX base. I had 33,000 miles on it (36K alloted for 3 yrs) and 4 payments left of $596. They didn't tell me what I was getting on the turn in but it sounded as though there was a little meat on the bone for them to resell and make some money. I chalked up the turn in to a push (assuming they just took it back without providing me any incentive).

The new vehicle is 2012 model with Tech Package...Black with Taupe interior. Here's the deal I walked out with.

New Vehicle MSRP: 47,490 (without add ons listed below)
    Invoice: 43,950
    Sale Price: 41,955
    Residual: 51%
    Money Factor: .00075

I got a 36 month lease with 12K per year for $610 per month. Also, when sticking with Acura Finance you get to roll over the mileage you have left on your previous vehicle. That said, I get 13K miles per year (had 3K left divided by 3 years = 1K per year).

I'm paying $707.50 Due at signing which includes first month payment ($610), processing fee ($75), tire tax (12.50), and NYS Inspection ($10). Transfering plates.

I later negotiated with the F&I person for running boards (the better ones), door trim, and a light tint of the windows to elimate glare. Negotaited $1643 for these items which I'm goint to pay out of pocket and are not included in the MSRP above. I didn't want to raise my monthly payment any higher...yet I wanted the featurs.

Also important to note that they offered my a 39 month lease through another leasing company (not Acura Finance) for $579 per month on the same vehicle. It also quoted with a lower residual value (50% if I recall) and add three months leaving me to negotiate my new lease in March of 2015.

Feedback on the deal I got is much appreciated and I wish you all luck in negotiating your deals.
  • carman2814carman2814 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man: Can you let me know the lease rates for a 2013 MDX base and 2013 MDX with tech, both 12k/36mo.

Also, the dealer wants to buy out my current MDX lease and I would like to know if there is anything I need to keep an eye out for. They say they can get me a 2013 for same payment as my current lease ($505).
  • lazo23lazo23 Member Posts: 4
    Hello car_man!
    The following is for a 2013 Acura MDX w/ Tech Package
    Just left the dealership and for the sake of sleeping well, would like to know if the deal I got was a good one... Every lease calculator i tried says it's an excellent one but I'm a bit pessimistic! Please help! You think you have it all under control but yet they find a way to get you! I tried to perpetuate the situation by continually asking for numbers but they like to be vague and quick to walk away! Took a lot of back and forth w/ the sales rep going to the Finance guy - annoying. Keep in mind I like to have low monthly payments even if it means putting a bit more down in the beginning though I've noticed not to many are into that. I'll write the final deal at the end;

MSRP - 47890
    Cap Cost - 42321 (negotiated price only)
    Residual value - 26317
    Bank Money Factor - .0012 or 2.9 APR'
    Lease Term - 36/mo 10K miles

I also had a 2010 TL w/ Tech w/ 4 payments left totaling $1796 I wanted to trade in.

End of day, I walked out w/ 5K down and $465 per month inclusive of tax, first month payment, dmv and other misc fees.

Also, in NY w/ a tax rate of 8.875%

Regards,
  • asudchimanasudchiman Member Posts: 4
    FYI, I have been looking used, but just got an offer from the sales team of $1,000 below invoice since they couldn't find a used one that I wanted. If they called and offered this via voice mail... How low do you think they would go? Mdx wIth/ tech
  • asudchimanasudchiman Member Posts: 4
    For what it's worth, I was just offered $1,000 below invoice for that vehicle.
  • billy3554billy3554 Member Posts: 148
    Why put $5,000 down?

If something happens to the vehicle, accident, you lose the $5,000. Acura has GAP in their leases, at no additional cost to you. Putting $5,000 down on an Acura lease negates this advantage.

Better to put the $5,000 in the bank and use it to make up the difference on the payment on a month-to-month basis if needed. If not needed, you have the money.

The only real savings from putting $5,000 down would be maybe $5 or so each month, about the cost of a Big Mac, due to the increased interest resulting from not giving them $5,000. Five bucks a month for three years is about $180, insignificant and negated by the GAP provided by Acura
    Hi nate6789. Judging by this truck's price, it looks like you're interested in a '13 MDX with the Technology package. The dealer invoice price of this truck is currently $44,350. If we deduct the $1,500 dealer cash incentive that is currently available on it from that, the invoice price drops to $42,850. That puts the selling price that you were offered at around $2,000 over invoice, which in my opinion is a little high.

If I was in the market for this vehicle in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 to $1,000 over.

Once you arrive at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate your vehicle's payment using Acura's buy rate lease money factor of .00123.

Car_man
    Host
  • sunnyfl1sunnyfl1 Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2012
    South Florida
    2013 MDX tech
    MSRP $47,850
    after discounts $43500
    10k miles per year
    36 months
    $539 + tax
    OTD I will pay first month plus the usual fees and tag reg etc.

I believe this is a very decent deal. I plan to close tomorrow ... any opinions?
  • siribasiriba Member Posts: 5
    Dear Carman,
    just closed the deal for 2013 MDX with tech package. got it for 41000 sale price.
    35 months 12000K/year 553/month 0 Down inclusive taxes & all fees. that means i am not putting one penny upfront. i live in louisville KY.
    RV: 26,796
    MSRP: 47850

is this good deal to go. just want to know.
  • harry1943harry1943 Member Posts: 10
    I have this offer:
    turn in my 2010 MDX Base Model with 7 payments of $575
    drive out a 2013 MDX Base Model--dealer pays first payment of $500, 36 mo lease
    I pay $150 registration, etc.
    Comments please!!
  • hecarahecara Member Posts: 45
    Anyone know the December MF, Residual and Pricing for on 2013 MDX with Tech package? Looking through the posts I have as follows:

Selling price: $42,850 (with $1500 dealer incentive)
    MF: .00123
    Residual 51%

Also, if the a $1000 Acura loyalty incentive?

Thank you!
    Hi siriba. $41,000 is a very attractive selling price for a 2013 MDX Tech. I think that you did well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for hecara. Acura's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The dealer cash incentive on the 2013 MDX was raised to $2,500 earlier this month. Make sure to take all of it into account during your negotiations.

I am not aware of any owner loyalty cash on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow Car_man! Thanks for responding! My parents are looking at the MDX. They aren't sure if its with or without Tech. I will find out tomorrow.

Are the residuals and MF the same for an MDX without Tech? Is they $2500 available as well?

I'm looking at the RDX and will post in that forum. Thank you for your time. Your help and knowledge is invaluable!
    Would some please post the MF, Residual and selling price for MDX base? These are the numbers I came up with but I want to make sure I'm working with the right numbers and calculations.

Purchase price: $38,524 ($42024- $2500 dealer incentive-$1000 loyalty= $38,524)

Residual: 55% ($21188.20)

MF: .0009

Acqusition fee: $595

I calculated $598 as monthly (12K miles per year)

Is this correct? Car_man or anyone else?

THANKS!
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Member Posts: 71
    Residual based off of msrp, not purchase price.
  • vbosmiyavbosmiya Member Posts: 6
    Can someone please share December MF, Residual and dealer incentive on 2013 MDX Base and Tech Package with 10k miles per month ?

Also what would be the target negotiated price for both the models ?

Thanks.
    thank you car_man. i am happy to see your reply.
    Dear Hecara,
    just bought 2013 MDX with tech on dec 10th. below is my details of purchase. i did not put any money.
    selling price: 41000 (with all incentives)
    Lease for 36 months (i pay only 35 months): 553
    residual is: 25,850
    good luck.
This discussion has been closed.