Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

1495051525355»

Comments

• Options
    zmm12345zmm12345 Member Posts: 13
    A dealer just told me that the rates are the same as last month
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    Sorry.. .we don't have the October rates for Acura, yet..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Has anyone been able to get a decent lease price on the AWD with advance?

They seem to be in short supply and the best quote I got so far was around $800 a month with 0 down and 15K a year for 36 months. Even this quote was only if I wait until the beginning of next month.
  • Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There are no extra Advance/Entertainment models just sitting around, and for a $57400 vehicle, $800'ish with $0 down sounds about right or great. Key is going to be availability and if there is an actual vehicle to combine with any lease quote.

Wait for one if the Advance is what you want, it is worth it. If not, go Tech or Tech/Ent and add accessories.
  • Options
    While $800 a month might not be that bad, I am comparing it to the Inifiniti QX60 (formerly JX35).

The Infiniti drives like a minivan which is a big drawback. On the other hand it has much a much nicer and more intuitive center stack with dedicated buttons for normal functions. It has a larger third row which is somewhat helpful. It also has the 360 camera view which is a nice addition. A fully loaded Infiniti with the same sticker price as the MDX Advance is going for about $650 a month.

My dilemma is:

Wait for an Acura and pay more, or get the Inifiniti and suffer with the lousy drive.
  • Options
    "A dealer just told me that the rates are the same as last month"

That is correct.. September rates have carried over into October

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    deva626deva626 Member Posts: 7
    Leased 2014 MDX AWD w/ TECH for: (MSRP: 51,256)

36 Month / 12k per year
    $1,000 out of pocket, which included first month($610) , DMV($197.50) and some bs fees ($197 i guess to make up the difference)
    $610/month (which includes 8.875% NYC taxes).

I think not to bad.
  • Options
    tdubs2tdubs2 Member Posts: 7
    Interesting deva626. Which dealer did you go to in NYC? Also which options did you add to get the MSRP to $51,256?

I had a $650/month (incl. taxes rolled in) deal in NY with DMV fees additional.
  • Options
    coast24coast24 Member Posts: 5
    I am interested in this thread as I received an initial lease quote from a Mass dealer on an 2014 MDX SH-AWD with tech package of $550/month, 36 months and 10K miles/year. That's with $3K down and $1700 in "fees" for $4700 total out of pocket. In trying to back into that figure, using a lease pmt calculator, with a MF of .00170 and 64% residual for 10K miles/year, it looks like they are not even discounting the vehicle $1000.
  • Options
    pd65pd65 Member Posts: 5
    You need to negotiate. I bought mine in July when it was hot and paid 3,950 out of pocket / 519 PM/12,000miles/36 mo. Dealer is Ralley in Long Island. I am sure you can negotiate a better deal now than mine as year end is approaching.
  • Options
    I certainly understand/agree on the negotiating aspect. Do recall what your cap cost was prior to your putting money down? Residuals on the MDX seem to be some of the highest out there right now.
  • Options
    s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
  • Options
    theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    What are the MF and RV for a 2014 MDX AWD with tech 12k/year for 36 and 48 month with 12k/year?

Also, what are the same numbers for just the AWD without the tech package?
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but we don't have the Acura information for October..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks for the update. I think I read somewhere it is the same as it is for Sept.

Would you happen to know it for Sept?
  • Options
    Sorry... didn't have the MDX numbers last month, either...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Went to the dealer to see what I could get...

They quoted me a MF 0.00180 and RV of 64 or 65% (I can't remember exactly) for a 2014 MDX AWD base - 12k/yr - 36month lease.

Can acura dealers mark up the MF and RV or are they set in stone by Acura?

Also, what would be a good selling price for the base excluding tax, titles etc?
  • Options
    programddprogramdd Member Posts: 6
    Just leased a 2014 MDX AWD base, White Diamond with parchment interior. $1000 total drive off and $499 including LA County tax monthly. 36 months and 10k mileage allowance per year.
  • Options
    raj11raj11 Member Posts: 7
    which dealer did you get that deal with?
  • Options
    needatlsneedatls Member Posts: 22
    I'm being offered a lease with a sale price of $44, 134. Residual for 12K is 62%, MF is .00170. Zero down.

This comes out to ~$585/ month... assuming it doesn't include tax. Is this a good deal?

Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Those numbers don't make sense as the 14' MDX SH-AWD with Tech stickers at $49,460.

I just picked one up in Massachusetts with $2K down, residual for 10K is 64% and got the .00170 MF. My monthly is $525 with tax included.

I walked into the dealer with printouts from the lease calculator off Bankrate.com which takes into account MSRP, purchase price, MF, amount down, sales tax % and residual amount at lease end.

No incentives on these vehicles as they are brand new and selling really well so no chance they're selling you a new one for $44,134.

Use the bank rate lease calculator.
  • Options
    deanniedeannie Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2013
    I have an 06 FX35 and needed a 3-row. I loved (and still enjoy) the 2-row FX, and hoped the JX would similarly pan out as a sporty Japanese BMW-like 3-row. I tried the JX and really wanted it to work, but its under-powered and relatively poor-handling nature (too imprecise, soft and floaty) made it easy for me to wait. Glad I did.

The MDX is loads quicker, handles much better, regularly exceeds its EPA mpg estimates and has a superior AWD system. The IDS allows you to choose between Sport, normal and comfort suspension modes, so you can have your cake and eat it too. The JX has well-documented reliability issues and will not likely maintain the resale value of the MDX. Weigh all that against the JX's bird's eye view camera, intuitive center stack and lower price, and you have a really comfortable and roomy Infiniti minivan which may be a little cheaper, but it will never be fun to drive, and the cost difference will erode over time through MDX fuel savings and higher resale. Despite the non-intuitive MDX controls, once learned, they're easy. It's just a little annoying to learn them at the start. After all the govt crash tests are through, the MDX may also to prove to be safer in a crash too.

Choosing between the FX37 (Q-whatever now) and the Acura RDX? That's a no-brainer for me, FX all day long. Hope this helped.
  • Options
    bceagles88bceagles88 Member Posts: 71
    Can i ask you which dealer in MA you went to? Sounds like you got a great deal. What was the price (Cap Cost before the 2K down)?
  • Options
    jgavjgav Member Posts: 12
    just thought I would post the numbers for a 2014 mdx lease i just signed. i use these forums and find it helpful when people post so hopefully someone can get a better deal.
    2014 MDX AWD, tech package and addition of auto start installed by dealership.
    39 month, 12k miles a year
    totalof 800 out of pocket which includes 1st payment and some fees.
    $587 a month plus was able to get the rubber slush mats included. I am in N.Y. I thought a pretty solid deal.
  • Options
    Sure, went to Acura of Peabody and dealt with Michael for a sales guy. Very easy going and has been with the Acura brand for many years. Cap cost was $47,460. MF quoted initially was .00190 but told them my credit rating was high so I got approved for .00170 based on my credit score.
    It's a beautifully equipped vehicle that rides and handles great plus is very quiet with the acoustic glass.
  • Options
    kate3154kate3154 Member Posts: 1
    Hi could you tell me if you think this is a good deal?
    Here are the lease numbers:

MSRP $49466
    CAP $47597
    MF .00170
    LE $31411

$4217.34 Total due at signing
    $542.09 per month inc. sales tax

36 months / 10k
    Payment inc. side steps
  • Options
    I'm not quite sure how the MSRP got to $49,466 as that vehicle is $49,460 or maybe you just mistyped. Cap cost is pretty good, MF indicates a good credit score. LE # based on your term is a little lower than is should be based on 64% residual, it should be $31,654.
    WHat is your cap cost reduction, I'm guessing maybe $2500?

I wouldn't suggest including side steps in your lease payment as your then paying interest on an accessory. That's just me.
    I highly suggest going to Bankrate.com and using the lease payment calculator as it will tell you exactly what your payment should be with and without tax.
  • Options
    rallycobrarallycobra Member Posts: 4
    November 2014 MDX Lease rates 10k/month
    Base residual 64%
    Tech 63%
    Tech + Entertainment 62%
    Advanced 61%

12k/mo subtract 2%
    15k/mo subtract 3%

Top tier credit Money Factor is .0017
    With security deposit or previous Acura Finance transaction MF=.0016
  • Options
    kamkankamkan Member Posts: 5
    Hello, would you mind sharing which dealer? Thx
  • Options
    paul278paul278 Member Posts: 1
    I was given this pricing over the phone. Bought my current Acura from this dealership as well. Let me know what you think.

MSRP: 49460
    Discount: $2085
    Sale Price: $47375
    Residual: 63%
    Money Factor: .00170
    10k miles

Added Accessories:
    Crossbars/roof rail: $1085
    protection package: $360
    sport bumper trim - front - $439
    Rear Bumper Protector - $263.00

Assumed $2000 down payment

Monthly payment w/ taxes: $693.00
    w/o taxes(paid upfront) : $635.00

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    xitegxiteg Member Posts: 1
    Wow this is an amazing thread!

Just recently (mid October) went to Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale, FL trying to trade in my 2012 base model MDX. Wanted to get rid of it due to the gas mileage and it did not have a few features that I now want.

The dealer only had a single 2014 MDX AWD Tech on the lot so I did not really have much of a choice.

The dealer wanted $4,000 down but I told him that I would only do $2,000 and he wanted to put me into a 48 month lease. My 2012 MDX is 3,000 miles under with no issues at all. I am not sure why they tried to quote me with a $721/month payment. The dealer then told me to wait till december as they are having better deals. Does this sound right? I am thinking they wanted me to pay two more payments on the car which would be about another $1,100.
  • Options
    khuzbuzkhuzbuz Member Posts: 55
    Here is a price quote I received from a dealership that I've already purchased 2 prior vehicles from. I think they can do a lot better than this!

MSRP: $49,460.00

Discount: $1,000 + $500

Total Discount: $1,500

Your Price for Vehicle: $47,960.00

Money Factor Assuming Excellent Credit: .00170

Residual at 15,000 Miles Per Year on a 36 Month Lease: .60

Monthly Payment with First Month Payment Due at Signing: $764.72

What are your thoughts?
  • Options
    markonline007markonline007 Member Posts: 47
    I hesitate to reply because every deal is so different and sometimes terms are interchanged making it hard to compare apples to apples (i.e. down payment versus out of pocket expenses). The only thing I can tell you is that I just bought the same vehicle in NJ and dealers are negotiating prices slightly above invoice for this car so the $1,500 off doesn't seem like you're getting the best deal out there. Use what people paid on this site and there are others out there (mdxers) to see what people are paying for that exact car.

Again, there were other factors in my deal that clouded the final number but I can tell you I went in with invoice as my starting point and I wasn't kicked out of the dealership so take the time to gather all the facts of what others are paying and go from there. I think once you do that you'll see that this price is too high in my opinion.
  • Options
    khuzbuzkhuzbuz Member Posts: 55
    Yes there is noway I would pay over invoice, especially since this would be the 3rd car from the same dealership. I am not paying anything down, the only out of pocket expense would be 1st month's payment. I know the rules are different from state to state in regards to sales tax for a lease. In Maryland we have to pay tax on the entire price of the car.
  • Options
    ernestmernestm Member Posts: 1
    I been offered by dealer this price, how good is it:

MDX AWD Advance
    one-pay lease interest rate 2%
    36 months/12,000 miles per year, $27,537.71
    The one-pay is all-inclusive – payments, taxes and inception fees
    Residual price $34,440.00
  • Options
    shravancshravanc Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

What is the December MF & Residual Value for the following

2014 SH-AWD Base for 10K / 36 M
    2014 SH-AWD with tech for 10K / 36 M
  • Options
    I don't have the MDX money factors.. but, here are the residuals.

2014 SH-AWD Base for 10K / 36 M
    64% residual

2014 SH-AWD with tech for 10K / 36 M
    63% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    zanskar891zanskar891 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, This message is to one or both of the wonderful Edmunds Hosts

I currently live in N. Cal and I've recently requested pricing for an MDX Standard Package. I have 2 questions:

I'm in a bit of a hurry because I need to buy a car this weekend :-)

1) is the residual percentage fixed? Based on 10K miles I've been quoted 63%, 64%, and 65%. Can the residual percentage be negotiated?

2) I'm getting quotes for money factors at .0017 and .0016. These rates seem high. I'd like to get that rate to .0012. Is that realistic? Is the rate more or less fixed? Should I try for lower than .0012?

Thank you!
  • Options
    The base MDX with a 36mo, 10K/yr term has a residual of 64%

I don't have money factor information on that model, though..

Residuals are fixed by the bank.... anyone quoting a different residual probably isn't taking the time to look it up, or isn't accounting for the mileage allowance. The dealer has no power to change the residual.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    elanspelansp Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2013
    Just picked up 2014 Base model MDX. No additional options. $45k MSRP, Gross Capitalized Cost - $42.9k. ($42.28k for cost of car plus $595 acquisition). Adj cap cost - $41.9k. I traded in my 2009 MDX Base w/44,800 miles for $2k -positive equity (They gave me $20k) which i used as downpayment. I could have probably squeezed them a little more on this based on kbb. I gave them no out of pocket money (outside of $2k from trade in) and walked away with a $475/mo monthly payment - 36mo, 10k - 1st month payment baked into calculation along with taxes and all doc fees.

As mentioned I probably could have squeezed a bit more on my trade-in but I think pretty reasonable.
  • Options
    drivervetdrivervet Member Posts: 3
    Hi, can you please tell me which dealer is it and where it is located, and who did you work with?
    Thanks
  • Options
    shravancshravanc Member Posts: 14
    Hi All,

I have negotiated MDX with tech for 45078, and trying to get it for around 44750, please let us know if anyone had any success, I am planning to close on this Saturday.
    If anyone in NJ is looking for one, we can tag along and get a better collective bargain.
  • Options
    suv3rowsuv3row Member Posts: 3

hi shravanc,

Is the quote for mdx awd with tech ? Who is your dealer ? I am looking at different suvs and i have short listed acura/audi/infiniti.

This discussion has been closed.