Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Lease Questions

Comments

• 2001a62001a6 Member Posts: 8
    Looking for Money Factors and residuals for

36, 39, and 48 months?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    With 12k miles per year.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mich_car_buyer. I'm pretty sure that the money factor that the dealer quoted you on the '09 TL is wrong. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of this car in Michigan is .00188. Perhaps the dealer was just rounding the number that they quoted you off. The 57% resid that they mentioned is correct.

If I was in the market for a base '09 Acura TL, I personally would shoot for a selling price off around $500 over invoice minus the $1,500 dealer cash that is currently available on it ($1,000 under).

It's difficult to say when Acura will pull the plug on its lease support for the '09 TL. Given the fact that the '10 model is not out yet, I suspect that the support for the '09 will be around for at least another month. Again though it is difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentives with 100% accuracy.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • acuraorlexusacuraorlexus Member Posts: 3
    got quoted today on 2009 tl front wheel drive with tech (sticker $39,445) in boston. told i was getting $4,000 off, so cap cost was $35,445. told residual was 51% (which i felt was too low) and my payment before sales tax was $500. $1,600 down for 1st pmt, acq fee, and docs. if acura still has 2.9% for great credit the payment would be correct, unless they lied about residual. did they? thanks.
    I posted previous question on 2009 TL Lease. Can I get as good a deal on a 2010 because of higher residual? (doing "some" deal this week). Thanks
    The 51% is correct for a 2009 with Tech 36 mth 15k/per year lease.

I only know that a 2010 AWD w/ Tech 36 mth 12k/per year lease was at 56%.

I went the 2010 route because the payments were relatively close and my local dealer didn't have 2009 SH-AWD left. The money rate was the same between 2009 and 2010. You won't get as big of a discount but the residual should offset that.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Does the selling dealer who then handles the lease return process at the termination still receive $500.00 from AHF/AFC?
    51% residual for a 2009 with 15k miles in your post...I am only getting 10K miles...so I expected maybe 53%? Same with the 2010 with 10k miles...maybe add a residual point for the lesser miles?
  • bobagreekbobagreek Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_man,

I am looking to 36 months lease of '10 TL with tech. package. I am located in Phila. area. What would you consider a good deal with $0 down? I mean monthly payments including 6% PA tax.

Thank you,

Boba
  • clif3clif3 Member Posts: 10
    Car_man:

I need the money factor and residual for a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology.

This will be a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year. I am in Florida.

Thanks!
    Hi Boba. Let's crunch some numbers and see what sort of payment we come up with. The MSRP and dealer invoice price of a 2010 Acura TL Tech are $39,645 and $36,504, respectively. If one adds $500 to the invoice it gives us an approximate selling price of $37,004 to shoot for.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a '10 TL Tech that has an MSRP of $39,645 and a selling price of $36,504 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $523 in certain areas and $551 in the rest of the country.

This car's lease program varies by region. Fortunately, Pennsylvania is one of the states that the better program is available in.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the info that you're looking for, clif3. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech with 12,000 miles per year in Florida are .00188 and 56%, respectively.

Fortunately, you as well are in one of the states that has the better of the two lease programs that are available on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • smith83smith83 Member Posts: 60
    Hi CarMan.

Can you let me know how this car leases in NC currently? I am looking for 36 months and 18k miles per year. Is the selling price currently a little over invoice? My credit will be top tier.

It doesn't sound like there is much movement as far as production of this vehicle. I have 2 months left on my lease. Should I wait a little while and see what happens towards the end of the year?
  • r18r18 Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery of 2010 TL with Tech in CA 91748 area last night. White exterior.

MSRP was $38,835.
    Gross Cap Cost was $37,202.04 (incl the $595 acq fee)
    Residual was calculated to be 59% ($22,995)
    MF 0.00188
    36 months/12K year

$3,000 down (incl 1st month pymnt) and $500/month incl. tax

I know I shouldn't ask as most likely I would regret the rush...but here...

Questions:
    1. I wasn't sure if this is good deal. Do you think I made a bad deal? Thanks!
    2. With that residual, assuming the car ran perfectly fine during the lease term, should I buy it out (or is it too early to tell?)

Thanks.
  • christopherleachristopherlea Member Posts: 1
    Hello.

I'm looking for what competitive monthly lease payment ($/month) wouild be for:
    - 2010 TL 3.5 AT Tech
    - 36 month lease
    - 10K/year miles
    - $7K total down
    - no trade
    - Columbia, MD area

Thanx
    C.
  • mpassmpass Member Posts: 17
    FYI - just leased in DC metro area:

- 2009 TL 3.5 Tech Auto FWD
    - 36 mo lease
    - 12k/year miles
    - $0 down
    - Cap cost 33,866 (2500 below invoice)
    - 53% residual
    - .00235 money factor
  • albert72albert72 Member Posts: 200
    Can I ask you what dealer you got it from and what your monthly payment was (before taxes).
  • mpassmpass Member Posts: 17
    Pohanka. Monthly pmt is 527.44 w/ taxes. Taxes are 3.17%.
  • rosenbj1rosenbj1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car_Man:
    I've been following your forums for a few weeks now, and I must compliment you on giving such helpful information and advice on this very complex process of leasing cars today. I have also followed the motto for years to put as little down as possible up front when leasing, but I hadn't considered the reason you mention of losing it in the event of a vehicle loss/theft etc.

On to my question: I'm looking into leasing either an Acura TL base or TSX 4-cyl base for 36mo/12,000mi/yr in NJ, but I'd be flexible up to 39mos. No cap cost reduction, of course. I'll readress the TSX question in it's own forum later, but could you tell me with today's money factor and residual, and current incentives/dealer cash what I'd expect monthly payments to be for the TL base?
    Thanks again.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    haha! $7,000! Throwing money right out the window! Your not going to even see it going to anything. Other than payment. Why not get a loan?
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    agree totally, 7k is just absolutely ridiculous to put down on a lease; for a few thousand more you could finance it and get a loan!!! need to start thinking here people!!!!
  • solepolesolepole Member Posts: 15
    Just got back from my dealership in Boston. Just leased a FWD 2010 TL (no tech package) for 36 months, 10k miles, with $3,000 total due at signing (includes doc fee, reg/plate fees, first months payment, etc) for $392 with tax ($367.5 before tax). Deal was supposedly $100 over invoice. I am pretty sure it was.
    Hi smith83. If I was in the market for a 2010 Acura TL, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice, but it is difficult for me to say whether dealers in your area will be willing to sell you a car at that price. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay to lease this car right now by stopping by the "Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Acura's new November lease program for the 2010 TL is scheduled to run through the end of the year, so you probably don't have anything to gain by waiting a little while to get your new car...other than the fact that you won't be wasting your remaining payments on your current lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks rosenbj1. Here is the information that you're looking for. Acura has two different money factors available on this car this month. Which one you are eligible for depends upon where you live. You're in luck because New Jersey is one of the states that the better of the two factors is available in.

Acura's new November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 TL with 12,000 miles per year in New Jersey are .00154 and 60%, respectively. Acura is not currently providing any cash incentives on the 2010 TL.

Car_man
    Host
  • robertw477robertw477 Member Posts: 188
    I guess there is a reason that Clark Howard calls most leases fleeces. Never EVER put money down on a lease. FYI I have the same car in 09. I pay 520 a month including tax in FL (6% tax) ZERO down. You tell me which was the better deal. Asking about buyouts on a lease tell me that you need to do your homework. Rarely does it make sense. If you wanted to buy the car, why dont you buy it? I have been leasing since 96. Never put a red cent for cap cost. That is nonsense. Sign and DRIVE only.

rob
  • acuraman10acuraman10 Member Posts: 3
    I am going to lease a Acura TL 2010 with Tech Package and 18'' wheels.

What should i pay for a 36Mo lease with 15K miles Pre Tax?

What should i pay for a AWD Tech 36mo 15K miles Pre Tax?
  • jacktljacktl Member Posts: 11
    Just leased a 2010 TL FWD Base - Florida 34242:

36 months
    10k mi/yr
    MSRP $35,915
    Cap Cost $31,878
    Acq fee $580
    Adj Cap Cost $32,458
    Residual $21,908 (61%)
    MF 0.00154 (3.7%)

Money down $ 2000 = Doc fees,Taxes, 1st mo, $305 cap cost redux; no sec/rtn

Monthly Pmt $ 367 + 7% tax ($26) = $393/mo

Hope this helps someone out there who considering leasing this vehicle!

I looked at a lot of cars over the past 2 months and this one is an absolute blast to drive even in the base version! I'm coming out of a CLK 430 Conv and this is one just makes me grin like a high school kid!

I'm upgrading the wheels/tires to the 18" in the aftermarket ($880 for 4 Acura 18" + $700 tires) as I couldn't justify the $4700+ difference for the Tech/18" package as well as the lower residual of 57%. (vs 61%) for the Tech/18". Also added dealer spoiler and mudguards to complete the Tech/18" "look".

Tech/18" Package was $492 + tax ($34) = $524/month with same $2000 upfront.

Happy hunting!!

PS - Thanks CarMan for your input in this forum. It stimulated me to do my homework, shop several dealers and be knowledgeable and prepared to walk from the deal if it wasn't right!
    Keep up the great work!
  • greg9999greg9999 Member Posts: 14
    Sorry to ask the same sort of question over and over, but does anyone have the current Honda Finance money factor and residual for a 2009 AWD w/ tech at 15K miles for 3 years?

I'm finding that there is still stock fitting that description at numerous dealers near me.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • davidfrommiamidavidfrommiami Member Posts: 3
    I've been leasing out an '08 TL for the past 15 months and VERY happy with it. A few days ago, I received a mailer from my original dealer's competitor saying they need my car so they can replenish their used/ pre-owned fleet and I'd be able to upgrade to a 2010 model for little or no extra $. I went yesterday to the dealer to see if this was too good to be true.

Long story short....

My leased 2008 TL is now theirs! They bought the '08 TL & terminated my lease.

I was paying $380/ mo including tax for 36 mos for 15k/ yr. By the way, I only had 14k miles on the car and that included two 600 mile road trips. I live close to my job and close to all my frequent destinations.

I now have a 2010 base TL for 399.99 a mo including tax for 36 mos for 12k miles/yr. I paid exactly $800 down including tag, 1st month, fees, etc. They originally wanted 2k down and $480/mo! I kept saying no & attempted to walk away several times because I was happy with my '08. I did not want to pay anything down, but the monthly payments would be too high for me.

Car Man & others: Do you think I made a good deal?
  • leavehardleavehard Member Posts: 4
    Just got this quote from a local dealer, and am curious whether it seems like a "good" deal to anyone in the know...

Thank you for your recent request regarding leasing a 2010 Acura TL AWD with the Technology package! We appreciate the chance to earn your business in the purchase of your next TL. I have reviewed all of your requests and we have worked up our Internet Quote for you. Per your request for leasing with 2500 down - We would be selling (leasing ) the car for $40300, 36 month lease, 10,000 miles a year with $2500 total out of pocket - $515 plus tax!
  • acuraman10acuraman10 Member Posts: 3
    I am going to lease a Acura TL 2010 with Tech Package and 18'' wheels.

What should i pay for a 36Mo lease with 15K miles Pre Tax?

What should i pay for a AWD Tech 36mo 15K miles Pre Tax?

no money down
    It's ~$1500 over invoice, so it doesn't sound like a great deal. They also haven't told you what the residual or the money factor are, so it's a little hard to tell, but it doesn't sound great.

Why are you putting money down on a lease?

Greg
    Greg,

Thanks for the response. Guess I had better go back and look at the invoice pricing on Edmunds then. It looked like closer to 500 over to me (which I can live with). As far as the money down... I just emailed the dealer and said I could put down whatver was required, since most manufacturer subsidized leases require some type of down payment.
  • skipdeezskipdeez Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car_man,

You are amazingly helpful here, thanks for all that you do, I am impressed with your tenacity!

I am looking for the money factor and residual percentage for a 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech package in Washington state (zip is 98012). I noticed that there are 2 different lease programs for this car right now, but wasn't sure if WA has the good deal or not.

Thanks in advance!
    I've been emailing with a couple of Acura dealerships here in Western WA. I got a price quote from both of them, and I got a MF and residual quote from the other, I'm still waiting to hear back on those items from the other dealer. Here are the initial offers.

2010 TL SH-AWD Tech

MSRP: $43,195
    Price: $41,700
    MF: .00201
    Residual: 56% for 10k miles/yr 55% for 12k miles/year

The other dealer offered me $41,280 for their initial offer. I countered with $39730 (just below invoice+destination), and he quickly repeated the same offer and said he would get back to me on the MF and residual. Now, in Washington, we don't seem to get the deals that you lucky folks do back east, but I want to try to get a reasonable deal.

Note that both of these offers are below the ~$41,995 that Edmunds gives as the TMV price. I'm thinking that $40,300 is a fair price as it is about $400-500 above the invoice+destination price.

So, am I out of whack here and should take one of these less than TMV prices since I am in one of those areas, or am I lame and should be shooting for less than invoice?

Thanks for any advice, hope the MF and residual info are helpful to any folks in the Seattle area, don't seem to be too many of us on this forums.
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Carman,

I'm looking for the Dec #'s on the '10 TL AWD w/ TECH both w/ and w/o the HPT package. I hear the HPT package has a different residual which I find ridiculous and probably not worth the higher payment but wanted to compare to be sure. Looking for the 36 mo lease term at 15k mi/yr please. I suspect the Dec numbers will be coming out in a few days. Thanks very much!
    Alright, I pulled the trigger.

I'm not going to divulge the dealership I went to, but I'll tell you the deal I got...

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech

MSRP: $43,195
    Agreed Price: $40,259
    MF: .00201
    Residual: 56% (10k miles/yr)

I can tell you that out of the 3 dealerships in my area (puget sound area), none would match the $40,259 price except the dealership I went with. One even told me that his actual cost after ad fees, detail, etc, was $40,089, so that figure may be closer to actual dealer cost. The price I paid is just about $500 over straight invoice+destination as per edmunds. By straight invoice I mean that this does not include any dealer add-ons, which this dealership ended up throwing in after some back and forth and since I was a repeat customer. So, while I think there are some others that might be able to get under $40k on this particular car (else they are stretching the truth on their deal :)), in the Northwest, this is as good as it gets.

Though I have only had the car for a few hours, it's awesome. I shopped the Infiniti G37xS and the Lexus GS 350 AWD and while those cars are great, the Acura had them both beat in the combination of power, technology, and value.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    I dont think the Acura is gonna beat the Infiniti when it comes to straight line acceleration (Power).
    On a different note, it amazes me to see the difference in prices in just one model year.I paid 37.5 for a 2009 AWD TECH back in August.I guess my dealer was right, he said the prices will keep going up (at that time I thought he was giving me one of his sales pitch).
    And your money down and monthly pay't are... ???
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    you think the price on the TL has jumped in just a year, I used to have a 2005 FX35 AWD with a package or two on it for around $41k msrp; the same similarly equipped 2009 FX35 AWD is about $47k on the window now, talk about a a price increase but the price of both the FX35 and FX50 have increased dramatically in just a two-three year period thanks to Infiniti's introduction of the EX35 in 2008! that gave infiniti an excuse to jack the price of the FX considerably
    Note that I said it was the "combination" of power, technology, and value. :) The Infiniti was a close 2nd all things considered, and yes, it was a bit more "peppy" off the line.

I think the prices depend on where you live. I found an 2009 local, and they wouldn't go below $39,000 even now. But yeah, overall, they seem to be going up.
    No money down (it's a lease after all), no out of pocket costs, payment is $591/month + tax. I traded in a 07 TL that was on lease, made enough equity in it to pay for the up front lease fees. Sign and drive at it's best. Good luck if you are in the market. It's a great car.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Member Posts: 378
    Wow-39K still for the 2009, I live in the North East and the dealers here are greedy.
    I am glad I got it when I did and I am extremly happy with the car.
    Hi acuraman10. Acura's lease program on the 2010 TL varies by region. You never mentioned what state you are in so there's no way for me to know what this car's exact payment will be in your area. For now I will work up payments using both programs for you. I will be happy to tell you which one you qualify for if you tell me what state you live in.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Acura TL with Tech and 18" wheels that has an MSRP of $40,645 and a selling price of $37,921 ($500 over dealer invoice) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $554 in states that have Acura's worse lease program and $526 in states that have its enhanced program.

If you were to lease a 2010 TL AWD Tech that has an MSRP of $43,195 and a selling price of $40,259 through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be $610. That payment would drop to around $580 in states that have the enhanced program.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, jacktl. Congtatulatoins on getting your new TL. I'm glad that I was able to help you out. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your lease with others. If you haven't already and you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Not a problem, Greg. I'm always happy to help. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TL AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

This money factor is enhanced to .00188 in select states. If you tell me which one you are in, I will let you know which factor is available in your area.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks skipdeez. I'm like a pit bull ;) . Unfortunately, your state is not one of the ones that has the enhanced lease program available in it.

If you were to lease a 2010 Acura TL AWD with Tech in Washington State right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00201 and 53%, respectively assuming that you qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey gator00si. Acura's November lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year. Its current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 TL AWD with Tech and 15,000 miles per year but without the HPT package in Florida (I assume that's what the gator part of your name refers to) are .00154 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The money factor for an otherwise identical lease of a TL with HPT would be the same, but its residual value would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man - thanks very much - I'm in California (forgot to mention that) - I think that's one of the "enhanced" states.

Good to hear about the $2K of dealer cash.

Can I ask a question that you may not be able/willing to answer - what is generally the carrying cost of a dealer for inventory on their lot and is there calendar year end pressure around that carrying cost?

Many thanks again.
    Greg
  • jgrahamiiijgrahamiii Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_Man. I'm currently negotation to lease a 2010 TL in NY. At this point, just the base model. This will be my third TL. Dealer quoted $2000 off list without negotiating, which was less than the TMV pricing on Edmunds and about $830 over invoice and a money factor of .00154. Residual of 58%. So seemed pretty good. I didn't see anything on Edmunds about a $2000 manufactuer incentive, though. Is that only on the tech/AWD models? How does this work? Does it give me room to negotiate more with dealer (below invoice)?

Also, Honda/Acura Finance sent me a $1000 owner loyalty coupon to use on a new lease. Should dealer honor that in addition to whatever deal I make with him or is he counting on that in what he quoted me?

Thanks for any help. -John
This discussion has been closed.