Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• lednameledname Member Posts: 96
    I'm in interested in a 2.0T Quattro 6-Speed Manual with a 1 year lease (or 2 year if I can't get a 1 year). I'm looking for something like 18K Miles per year. If anyone knows details for this kind of lease, please post. Not sure if it matters but I would add Navi, Premium, Cold, Technology (w/ BT), Aduio (Sirius), and Parktronic.

Thanks in advance.
  • the_dude1the_dude1 Member Posts: 6
    So if the vehicle has a sticker of 52,960 what would a 36 month lease be 12k mile/yr ?
  • kupe15kupe15 Member Posts: 7
    36 month lease on A4 2.0T w/sunroof package. Sticker $33,600, Agreed price of $32,250, 56% residual value, .0008mf, 15K miles w/no down payment. Final Lease payment including tax/interest = $438.86. There is a $375 security deposit, 1st mo payment and $575 acquisition fee payable at signing for a total of $1338.86 due at signing. Can't get them to move any more. What do you think??
  • bigpapalukebigpapaluke Member Posts: 108
    Could someone confirm the residual for a 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro sedan with a lease of 3 years, 15,000 miles? I currently have it as 59%, but wanted to confirm that residual before my car arrives next month.

Thanks,
    Luke
  • slaughter5111slaughter5111 Member Posts: 12
    Sticker price $31560 on Audi A4 2.0 CVT

if i negotiate the purchase price to $30200

I want 0 down, 15k miles per year, and 36 months

what should my lease payment be before tax?

Thanks
    I went to the dealer today and he said the money factor is .00125 and residual is 55 on an Audi A4 2.0 CVT with 15k miles per year and 36 months

are those fair numbers?

the car sticker was $32035 with a selling price of $31235

1537.97 due at signing and a monthly payment of $448 including tax

is this a fair deal?
  • mdanemdane Member Posts: 10
    Do you have the MF, residuals, security deposit, and acquisition fees for this car. Assume 2 year, 10k miles.

Thanks.
    I went to the dealer today and he said the money factor is .00125 and residual is 55 on an Audi A4 2.0 CVT with 15k miles per year and 36 months

are those fair numbers?

the car sticker was $32035 with a selling price of $31235

1537.97 due at signing and a monthly payment of $448 including tax

is this a fair deal?
  • amitvisualamitvisual Member Posts: 26
    Here's what Audi's site says:

2006 A4 2.0 T CVT Sedan
    $349 per month
    36-month lease*
    Amount due at lease inception $2,273 (incl $999 down pmt.)
    The MSRP is $31,560.
    Can anyone please tell me the MF and residual for this lease?
    Thanks!
  • dlzdlz Member Posts: 4
    I just got the following lease deal on the A4 Cabriolet 3.0L Quattro, with Premium package, Bose audio w/XM radio, heated rear seats, in Light Silver metallic:

MSRP $49,735 (as configured)
    Capitalized cost $45,770, plus $1,741 sales tax (NY 7.375%)
    10,000 miles per year, .00235 money factor, 61% residual
    Monthly payment: $660 including tax
    Upfront:
    1st month ($660)
    Security deposit ($675)
    Dealer fee ($399)
    Bank fee ($575)
    Title/registration, etc. ($130)

Seems like a a good deal...any thoughts?
  • ca_manca_man Member Posts: 23
    Hi Car_Man or kyfdx,

I am considering getting my next Audi ...
    I didn't realize that you could pay MSD's with Audi just like BMW ... How much does paying the MSD's affect the MF ?
    Is there a limit to the amount you can pay as MSD ?
    Also, can the MSD be combined with the promotional lease factors like the ones that exist on the 2.0T quattro?

Thanks for your all your help ! :D
  • rsamerica1rsamerica1 Member Posts: 72
    Received this quote today, after casually looking at an A4 Avant 2.0T (Dakar Beige, Premium and Sunroof Packages). The car was a Dec. delivery car so no $600 price increase for ones shipped after Jan. 1. Based on a $35,660 price (dealer took $1000 off $36,660 MSRP) - Again I did not start the negotiation process, this was given to me as probably what they'd tell anybody:

36 months
    12,000 miles/year
    Residual 58%
    MF .00115
    Down Payment $0
    Acquisition Fee $575.00
    Fees & Insurance $394.00 ($239 documentation fee / $155 new plates fee)
    Upfront taxes: $58.14
    Base Monthly Payment: $465.38/month
    Monthly Payment w/ state tax (6%): $493.30
    First Payment Due upfron: $493.30
    Total Upfront: $1520.44 ($493.30+575+394+58.14)

For 15,000 miles per year, monthly fee is $514 including tax.

Any thoughts on how this looks, and whether vehicle price can be negotiated down?

Thx.
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Member Posts: 139
    Avants are pretty rare. 1000 off sticker is a decent deal. There's only about 2500 in the sticker.
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Member Posts: 139
    You can do up to 9 MSDs. Each security deposit lowers the MF by .0005 I think.....Yes, they can be combined with promotional rates. Its a great idea if you have the extra cash laying around.
    Are MSD's a set amount of $ each? I will ask the dealer for more details tomorrow.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, edwardsf. Yes, dealers often have the authority to "mark-up" vehicle's lease money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. Now that you know what this car's buy rate lease money factor is, you should be able to avoid this.

Many banks allow lessees to make multiple security deposits on leased vehicles, with each additional deposit buying down the money factor by a certain amount. The nice thing about making multiple security deposits is that assuming your vehicle is in good shape and you do not exceed your mileage allowance you actually get it back and the end of your lease. I am not sure what Audi Financial Services' exact policy on MSDs is. You need to check with your dealer to find out if it accepts them and if so how they impact your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hi ledname. Audi Financial Services is one of the few captive finance companies that has a decent one year lease program. Having said that, with any twelve month lease you are going to have a pretty high monthly payment because you will have to pay for a TON of depreciation. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T with quattro through AFS right now for 12 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 72%, respectively. 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    That depends upon what this car's selling price is. Always remember dude that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. I'd be happy to estimate what this car's lease payment should be like right now for you if you provide me with an estimated selling price for the exact model that you are considering. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for it right now by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Luke. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00080 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello slaughter5111. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T without quattro with an MSRP of $31,560 and a selling price of $30,200 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $393.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do, mdane. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant through Audi Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00100 and 71%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey slaughter5111. I believe that Audi's January lease program for this car was exactly the same as its February programs is. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00075 and 55%, respectively. As you can see, the money factor that you were quoted is higher than this. I suspect that the dealer that you are working with is marking-up your car's base factor to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. Make sure that they use the buy rate factor to calculate your lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi amitvisual. You never mentioned the mileage allowance for this lease, but I believe that Audi usually advertised leases with 10,000 miles per year. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00075 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey ca_man. I would not be surprised if Audi had a MSD program, but if it does I have never personally seen its details. You will need to check with an Audi dealer to find out exactly how it works. If Audi does have one, you should be able to make multiple deposits and have the special money factors that it is currently providing on the A4 reduced.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi rsamerica1. Given the current market for the A4 Avant, the selling price that you were quoted for the one that you are considering looks reasonable to me. Having said this, it never hurts to comparison shop to see if you can beat this deal at another local dealer. The lease money factor that you were quoted for this wagon is right in line with Audi Financial Services, buy rate money factor for a 36 month, 12,000 mile per year lease of one with a waived security deposit. This is a good sign. Furthermore, I just calculate a lease payment on this wagon and I the payment that I came up with matches the one that you were quoted to the penny. If you like this vehicle, I don't see any reason not to pull the trigger.

Car_man
    Host
    Rsamerica1, each additional security deposit that you decide to make will be the same dollar amount as Audi Financial Services' normal security deposit requirement - your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man. I did ask another dealer to better this deal (actually I used a price of $35,000 vs. $35,660) and he cannot do this. This car is fairly basic (i.e. no Bose, no wood trim, no headlight washers) which is fine with me, and is probably the reason that it has not sold yet. It was a December delivery car so MSRP is $600 less than one landed after Jan. 1 (Audi Price Increase). If we decide that this is really the car for us, I will attempt to lower the Cap Cost based on these facts.

On the MSD, I have learned that each MSD (up to 9) reduces the MF by .00008, and that each MSD = Monthly Payment (after taking the reduced MF into account) rounded up to next $25 increment, just as you mention above.

What is the definition of the "buy rate money factor" (vs. the MF the dealer gave me)?

Thx.
  • goscfightongoscfighton Member Posts: 21
    Hello Carman,
    I know this is the wrong forum, but I thought I might catch your attention. I've decided on a 4Runner--could you take a look at my questions in the 4Runner Lease forum? That would be great--Thanks.
  • amitvisualamitvisual Member Posts: 26
    Sorry, should've included that - yes it is 10k miles a year. Thanks for the numbers!
  • wwmwwm Member Posts: 1
    Hi Carman:
    I'm interested in A4 2.0 T Avant Quattro and looking to lease. 15,000 miles per year.

MSRP: $38,860
    Sales Price: $37,860

Are these lease terms acceptible?

24 Months
    $1,290 Drive Off
    $640.80., Includes Tax
    68% Residual
    .00125 Money Factor

36 Months
    $1,290 Drive Off
    $586.74., Includes Tax
    56% Residual
    .00125 Money Factor

Does this sound fair?

Thanks.
  • jmairejmaire Member Posts: 3
    Anybody know how an adverse credit score may affect the money factor? Don't have a bad credit score, just young and don't have a whole lot established yet, last time I checked it was around 740. Looking to get into:
    06 a4 2.0T quattro
    S-line
    premium pkg
    36 mo.
    going to test drive tommorow
    Thanks!
  • aka5aka5 Member Posts: 24
    Hi Car Man, (or anyone)!!!
    At last my Audi A4 has arrived! But everything has changed. The MSRP is $39,235,selling price $37,587. Could you please tell me what the money factor and residual should be on a 24 mth lease, mileage per year of 12,000 or 15,000 i'm not quite sure on yet. Also what would the monthly payments should be after out of pocket by $2200, the salesman said about $441 a month? I am due to pick it up over the next day or 2. Much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

PS, i managed to sell my 1999 A4 1.8 Q T Tiptronic 53,000 miles for $10,990
  • mhs7386mhs7386 Member Posts: 33
    Anyone know how tough Audi is on approving leassors with poor credit? I do have a great income (six figures) to debt ratio. Thanks for your input.
  • jmairejmaire Member Posts: 3
    Test drove a new S4 today which was a bad idea, because i really shouldn't get one and damn was it hard to look back into the 2.0T after that, but he gave me the following lease info on a 06 quattro 2.0T:
    (don't have the exact numbers in front of me but this is about what he gave me)
    MSRP $43,505 (almost all options)
    selling price: about $39,500
    Res Value: 24,250
    MF: .00225
    max out of pocket at signing: $4,000
    Mo. payments after tax $575
    what do you think?
    doesn't sound like the greatest deal but i don't think its a bad deal.
  • nea1nea1 Member Posts: 6
    Carman/all:

I am interested in an A4 2.0T Quattro. I received an e-mail offer consisting of the following:

MSRP 33,060 (must be pre Jan car?)
    CAP 31,400
    Residual 59%
    MF: .00135
    36 months/ 10,000

pmt = $399 pre-tax and title. No cash other than sec/1st month pmt/acq fee ($1399)

I'm curious about the money factor. In prior posts looks like MF was .00080. Is this still current? Also is the residual(and MF's if different) on a 24 month/10,000 lease?

PS. Does Audi Finance publish these rates in a public manner? I've used these forums in the past to help w/ negotiation. My last effort (Acura) the salesman said the posts were inaccurate. I didn't end up buying so didn't press the issue. But this time I probably will. Just "war gaming" the process in advance.

Thanks

Axman
  • nix1957nix1957 Member Posts: 2
    Got my car today in Pasadena, CA

2006 A4 Cab 3.0, with Nav, Prem Pkg, Bose, Sport Suspension and Bluetooth. MSRP about $52,200

36 mo, 30,000 mi. $2,250 drive off, $625 + tax per mo

I thought it was a good deal. I believe they knocked off around $5,000 off the sticker
    :P
  • bigpapalukebigpapaluke Member Posts: 108
    Picked up my 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro Sedan this past weekend. Here's my deal:

MSRP: $36,735
    Selling Price: $34,830
    Cap Cost: $34,830
    Residual (59%): $21,673.65
    Money Factor: 0.00139
    Tax (3%): 13.32
    Monthly Payment: $457

Upfronts: $575 (aquisition), $499 (processing), $547 (1st months payment), tags ($55)

TOTAL: $1587

I rolled my aquisition and processing fee into the cap cost, so my minimum payment is $490, But I thought it was a reasonable deal, not to mention the sales experience was very painless.
    In the process of sealing things up on this one today.

2006 A4 Avant 2.0T
    Dakar Beige, Premium Pack., Sunroof Pack.
    MSRP: $36,660
    Negotiated Cap Cost: $34,900
    36 months / 15K miles
    $0 down
    $575 acquisition fee
    $394 doc/plates
    $0 Security deposit
    Money Factor 0.00100 (above 740 credit score waives security deposit and starts at this money factor)

We are considering putting $1000-2000 down to lower monthly payments. It appears this may be cheaper to do as opposed to having the higher cap cost - take $2000/36 months = $55/month vs. staying at $34,900 net cap cost increases monthly payment by $61/month). I may be missing something here, but it seems to make sense.

Also, considering doing the MSD option to further reduce the MF down to as low as 0.00036 with 9 deposits.

Using MF of 0.00036 ($3600 in MSD's) and $2000 down, comes to $384.62 / month.

Overall, the most important thing I was focusing on was the initial cap cost, which seems to be a good price for an Avant.

Just wanted to pass this on, and open for comments.

Thx.
  • bstimebstime Member Posts: 18
    doing my homework....CARMAN....Edmunds TMV for a 2006 A4 quattro 2.0T w/ premium, technology, sunroof, metallic paint and rear side airbags is $37,735 MSRP is $38,110. I am in the Boston area.

questions are:
    1. what would be money factor, residual and monthly payment for 3yr/45k lease if bought for edmunds TMV of 37,735. I expect best credit rating qualification as I checked my FICO.

2. what if we roll in all ttl fees etc (5% tax in MA, etc)

3. Is 37,735 reasonable or should i be able to do better?

thanks to all.
  • salrafsalraf Member Posts: 17
    Hey CARMAN...
    any info on the current residual and MF for 2005.5/2006 S4 would be greatly appreciated.. :)
  • marleybarrmarleybarr Member Posts: 334
    Anyone with a "beacon" score of over 700 can get credit for virtually anything. You will have no problems getting credit with a score that high.
  • pittfallpittfall Member Posts: 9
    Just got a lease offer, wanted to check what other people think.
    "Audi 06 2.0 quattro, premium package, sunroof package, auto transmission and wood trim with a MRSP $35,310. A 36 month 12,000 mile lease on that car is $424 plus tax with $0 down. Due on delivery is your first payment, Audi’s $575 bank fee, a refundable security deposit rounded to the nearest $25 of your payment and license and title fees - @ $1600 or so not including taxes and plates."
    How this sounds?
    thanks
  • emswissemswiss Member Posts: 3
    Carman (and others) -

See a lot of 2.0 questions in here but I am looking at picking up the 2006 3.2 Quattro. I am interested in one that is pretty much loaded (nav, tech package, etc.) at MSRP of $43135. I will obviously try to drive down this number but what is a typical cap cost, residual value and money factor to look for on this model? Leasing for 36mo at 15K most likely. I had one Audi owner tell me that paying over $40K for this would be a ripoff and now he has me thinking.

Thanks
  • emswissemswiss Member Posts: 3
    More details:

-Manual transmission
    -Sports suspension
    -Leather
    -Sunroof
    -Navigation
    -Tech package
    -Premium package

Thanks
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    I seriously doubt you're going to get a $3000 discount on a 2006 3.2 A4 Quattro. There's no rebates or dealer cash on 06 models right now. And a lot of dealers are very thin on 3.2 inventory.

There was $2500 dealer cash on the leftover 05.5 models, but they won't lease out as well as an 06.
  • jpw380jpw380 Member Posts: 2
    Carman/all
    Just test drove a 2006 S4. 56,045 with premium sports package, premium audio with XM, bluetooth, winter package. MSRP 56,045. Was pushed on Audi's Premium Purchase plan at 36 months (10k miles a year), $5,000 down (covers sales tax) at $899 a month if I purchased right then and there. Told them I'd think about it. They weren't flexible on price -- said manual S4s were in high demand.

Would leasing be better? What's the money factor on the S4 this month? Why would anyone do the premier purchase plan versus a lease?

Thanks.
  • johngtjohngt Member Posts: 19
    What is the current money factor and residual from Audi Financial for an '06 A4 2.0T Quattro based on a 12,000 mile/year, 36 month lease?
    Would this vary depending on your credit rating? A previous post noted this possibility.
    Thanks.
    You're welcome, rsamerica1. A vehicle's "buy rate" is the lowest possible money factor that banks allow dealers use to lease a particular model. Banks actually send dealers a sheet of paper or a file that contains the "buy rates" for every vehicle that they sell. If you insist that they use the buy rate to calculate your vehicle's lease payment, most dealers will be willing to do so. This is important to do because dealers are usually allowed to mark-up vehicles' money factors to add additional back-end profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi goscfighton. I was just over there. Please check there for my response to your questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi wwm. A base 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Avant has a spread of over $2,300 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You are only being given a $1,000 discount on this vehicle. I am not personally familiar with what the market is like for this particular model right now, but there is still some room there. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Also, it appears as though the money factors that you were quoted have been marked up a little bit. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 or 36 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Avant is only .00100 right now. Make sure to insist that this factor is used to calculate your vehicle's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.