Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• ericscott1ericscott1 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Car Man,

Just spoke to the dealer near me and they said the best rates on both cars are for 39 month leases. I want to do 10,000 miles per year so can you tell me the residuals and MFs for:

A4 Quattro Premium Plus w/ Navigation (MSRP - $43,700)
    A6 Quattro Premium Plus (MSRP - $55,470)

The numbers the dealer quoted me were - 53% and 0.00046 for the A4 and 48% and 0.00071 for the A6. Are those legit?

Also he said they have a conquest promo through the end of May which I am eligible for and I would save $1,000 off of MSRP on the A4 or $1,500 on the A6.

Planning to go in on Tuesday to negotiate - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a nice weekend.

Eric
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi jessiem. The money factor that you were quoted is a little high. AFS' current buy rate for a 36-month lease of this car is only .00051 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. If your credit is in good shape, make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your car's payment.

Having said that, the selling price that you were quoted looks pretty good.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the information that you're looking for ericscott1. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A4 Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00026 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Premium Plus quattro are .00051 and 50%.

If I was in the market for an Audi A4 or A6 in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice minus any available cash incentives and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Eric. The money factors that you were quoted are right on the money. The conquest cash incentives are correct as well. It looks as though the dealer that you are working with is bring very straightforward with you, which is obviously a good thing.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car Man!

Couple of quick follow-up questions - I am going in later this afternoon so I want to be as armed with information as possible.

On the A4, at 10k miles, does the 55% (for 36 months) and 53% (for 39 months) Premium Plus residual change at all if you add navigation or other options (parking sensors, advanced key)? I plan on definitely adding navigation and possibly the other two options and was wondering if there was any impact. On the A6, Navigation and these other features are included in the Premium Plus trim so I wouldn't be adding anything.

And just to confirm since I asked a few questions and was confused by some data I had pulled earlier, can you please verify the following (obviously subject to the answer to my first question above for the A4):

A4 Premium Plus Quattro:
    36 Mo / 10k Mi - 55% and .00026
    39 Mo / 10k Mi - 53% and .00046
    42 Mo / 10k Mi - 51% and .00046

A6 Premium Plus Quattro:
    36 Mo / 10k Mi - 50% and .00051
    39 Mo / 10k Mi - 48% and .00071
    42 Mo / 10k Mi - 46% and .00071

Thanks so much!!!
    edited May 2012
    So here is the deal I have on the table - have a day to decide:

- A6 Premium Plus Quattro w/ Side Assist and Cold Weather packages in Moonlight Blue. I have no trade in but qualified for the Conquest Incentive.

- MSRP - $56,220

- Gross Cap Cost - $53,187 (this includes the $695 bank fee and is after the $1500 conquest rebate)

- 42 months / 10k miles per year (residual of 46% and MF of 0.00071)

The deal is $650 per month with $5750 down (total upfront costs).

Is this a good deal?
    Hi ericscott1. The numbers that you posted are indeed correct. The addition of navigation has no impact upon the lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • ebell1ebell1 Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

A favor please. Looking at an A6 Prestige lease (42 months @ 15,000 miles/yr) and wanted to see what the current Money Factor and Residual Rate would be. Is the Conquest Cash still available?

Thanks!
    Here you go ebell1. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A6 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00071 and 41%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Yes, the $1,500 conquest cash offer is indeed still available.

Car_man
    Host
  • dt34dt34 Member Posts: 11
    Hello Car_man,

Can you provide me with the lease rates (residual and money factor) for a 2012 Audi A6 Prestige for the month of June.

15k miles/yr for 36 months

and

10k miles/yr for 36 months

Much appreciate it. :shades:

dt34
    Certainly dt34. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00051 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher.

The 10k residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jetjock3315jetjock3315 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Hello. First time poster here and first time Audi shopper.

Was shopping for my desired A6 but it appears the trim/color/options for what I want are sold out around the country (except CA and I live in TN - spent several hours searching online inventories myself) So my local dealer (only one in town) is telling me the only option is to place an order and it would be a 2013 model which would arrive in about 2 months.

He's also telling me Audi only permits them to reduce the MSRP amount by official programs only and I currently qualify for $1500 off as a current Lexus owner. But he can't guarantee that program would be available when the car was delivered. And on top of that, placing an order with a deposit obligates me to purchase but doesn't lock in the price with discount. (I've not placed a factory order before)

Any truth to any of this or do I need to run away from this dealer?

Also (trying to keep my questions related to the topic thread) assuming I receive a new model year car in the August time frame, do residuals and money factors become less attractive in general with the annual model year change over? If so, any history as to how much these numbers tend to change?

Thanks in advance.
  • el_duderino_el_duderino_ Member Posts: 6
    smpate, at what TX dealer did you do this?
  • jetjock3315jetjock3315 Member Posts: 2
    Found the exact vehicle I was shopping for in NC. But the dealer is quoting money factors in the .00126 range for a 42 month/12K lease. Fortunately my credit is top tier so I suspect it is just an attempt to pump up the profit.

Can anyone chime in with their experience about how much, if any, markup from the Audi base rates they have experienced.

I am lucky enough to getting the 6% supplier discount combined with the $1500 Conquest discount and the local dealers $800 internet discount, so I don't begrudge them trying to maximize profit, but .0005 on the money factor rate seems a bit much.
  • skydawgskydawg Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    Can anyone provide the residual and MF for a 2013 A6 Premium Plus 12k miles?

My dealer does not have them yet. He says I can order the car and if I do not like the residual/MF when they come in on July 6th, I can cancel my order, no charge. I am not crazy about that approach. He is currently using 49% and .00157 for the quote...projecting 54-55% for the residual. My guess is the best I will get on the MF is the figure above because I have to assume the dealer will not pass along any savings if it comes in lower.

I could wait until after July 6th, but I am already going to have a problem with my lease ending 8/31 and the new car not arriving until October or later. I would also like to take advantage of the BMW pull forward program and lease another 5 series by month-end if the Audi terms are not within my budget.

Dealer says I do not qualify for conquest rebate since my car will not arrive until after my BMW lease expires. Can anyone confirm?

Any advice would be appreciated...tks.
  • charliemangocharliemango Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2012
    Can someone help me in deciding whether this is a good deal?

Premium Plus A6 with Nav MSRP of 56,000 -- actual cost (can't remember but told that $500 over invoice)

Up front costs (tax etc.) $3800

Cap cost reduction $0

36 month lease, 10,000 per year

Monthly payments $750 (based on money factor of 71)

First time lessee so would appreciate any thoughts. -- Also this is on a 2012, would it make sense to wait for a 2013?
  • billyperksiibillyperksii Member Posts: 198
    Dealer sent me a lease quote on a 2012 Premium Plus, Sport and Cold Weather packages.
    $2,236 up front cost and $736 a month for 42 months, 10, 000 miles per year.
    They want to buy my TL and put me in a their lease.
    There are more details to this but I cannot find the paper work right now.
    Bottom line- your deal looks inflated.
    Hi jetjock3315. It's definitely time to run away from this dealer. The dealer is free to discount this car as much as they want. Most dealers will sell the A6 for somewhere between MSRP and dealer invoice price. The notion that Audi won't let them discount the car any more than the incentives programs that are available on it is completely false.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go skydawg. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 2.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • mhuramhura Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man...
    Any AFS buy rate lease money factor and residual for a 2013 A6 3.0T Prestige with 10,000 miles, 36 month lease... excellent / top credit tier?
    Tks Car_man. Are those for a 2012 or 2013?
    Here's the information that you're looking for mhura. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Prestige 3.0T with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome skydawg. Good catch, those are the numbers for the 2013, not the 2012 model. I have to get used to typing '13 in my messages. I can't believe they're out in such abundance already.

Car_man
    Host
  • jermanojermano Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2012
    Hello Car_man.

May I please have the Residual and Money Factor for a 2012 Audi 3.0T Prestige for the month of July for 42 Months/10,000 Miles?

I would also like to ask which luxury brand (BMW, Mercedes, Audi) is having the best incentives and programs for July? I qualify for conquest if available.

Thank you.
    Thanks again. Going to call the dealership tomorrow. I understand they get their allocation then.
    Hey car man, any chance you could provide an update for the 2013 residual and MF for A6 prem/prem plus (and specify if is is quattro or not...i understand there is a 1% difference in residual). 12k miles, 36 mths.
    You certainly may jermano. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00031 and 42%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I would say of the three brands that you mentioned, Mercedes-Benz probably has the most aggressive promotions right now.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome skydawg.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey skydawg. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00159 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an A6 2.0T Premium Plus are the same.

As you mentioned, adding quattro improves the residual value by 1%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks. I ordered one yesterday. Ended up doing 42 months...lower payment than 36.
  • camrnlendycamrnlendy Member Posts: 15
    Carman, my question is not about a lease but rating financing through Audi Financial. I'm taking delivery of a Certified 2010 A6 this week. My credit is perfect with a score in the 800s.

The dealer is telling me they secured an interest rate of 3.9% from Audi for 60 months. However, I see they are offering 1.9% right now on certified Audis up to 60 months.

Are you able to tell me if a 2010 A6 3.0T that is Certified would qualify for the 1.9%? I have a feeling the dealer is marking up my rate.

Thanks.
  • mgkaganmgkagan Member Posts: 10
    Car_man,
    I see the 2013 2.0t Premium Plus Quatro with 12,000 miles per year should be .00159 money factor and 58% residual. Can you provide the MF and residual for 42months?

Additionally, how do the 2012 3.0 V6 Premium Plus MF and residual compare for 36 and 42 months?

Lastly, when do the August deals come out and do you expect them to be much different?

Thanks!
  • socal59socal59 Member Posts: 82
    Im thinking of getting a 2013 Allroad, is this the right place? I didn't see a link for it. Im interested in the MF and residual % and what terms Audi my be promoting, 24 or 36 or 39 months? I realize it's a brand new model. Thanks for your help :)
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Dear Carman,
    Can you post July or August lease info for 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige, 36 month 10K miles and 42 month 10K miles?
    You're welcome skydawg.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi camrnlendy. I personally don't keep as close an eye on CPO incentives as I do on new vehicle incentives, but according to the ads that I have seen I would think that the CPO A6 that you are interested in would be eligible for 1.9% financing for 60 months and the waiver of your first month's payment. You definitely should ask the dealer about this.

Car_man
    Host
    Certainly mgkagan. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0T Sedan Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00166 and 54%.

The 39-month numbers for the '13 A6 3.0 Premium Plus quattro are .00171 and 52%.

I provided you with the 39-month information because that seems like the sweet spot for leases of these cars right now.

Audi's current lease program is scheduled to run through September 4th, but it is possible that it will make some unscheduled revisions to its programs in August. Please feel free to check back with me then if you'd like.

Car_man
    Host
    edited July 2012
    Sure, socal59, the allroad is related to the A6 so why not :)?

Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 allroad with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00150 and 56%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00150 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ab10000. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00171 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

39-months seems to be the sweet spot between 36 and 42-months right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • stvhck419stvhck419 Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_Man,

I am shopping around So Cal for a lease deal on a 2012 Audi A6 2.0 T. I am currently coming out of a lease (2009 Audi A6 3.2) with 4 payments remaining on a 39 month lease. The current payoff is $26,000 for my lease. They are offering $26,500.00 for my 2009 A6 on a trade in.

Current offer from local dealership:

2012 Audi A6 2.0T - Premium Plus Package with Navigation Plus and 19" Sports Package
    Black on Black with Black headliner and wood inlays.
    36 months
    $1500 down total
    $560 per month including tax

Doe this seem like a reasonable deal considering it is the 2.0T and it is a 2012?

Thank you!
    Steve
  • hessianhessian Member Posts: 5
    Can you give me the money factor and residual on a 2012 A6 premier plus edition for July? Will they change for August?

Also what options do you recommend on an A6 based on resale value and utility besides the premier plus? (cold weather, sport package or is it worth it looking at prestige?)
  • swamivswamiv Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man - do you have the residual/MF for a 3.0T Quattro Premium Plus for 36 months and 39 months/12k? Thanks in advance!
    Hi Steve. Do you happen to know the new car's MSRP and selling price? These are very helpful numbers to know when negotiating a lease. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Let me know what these numbers are and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hessian. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00031 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If you're leasing then the options that your car has really doesn't matter that much, at least in terms of its re-sale value. Audi Financial Services does not adjust vehicles' residual values for options, other than the main trim level, i.e. Premium, Premium Plus, Prestige. The residual value for a Prestige A6 is 3% lower than it is for a Premium Plus model, so adding that options package actually hurts the re-sale value, at least in terms of a percentage of the MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    I certainly do, swamiv. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0T Premium Plus with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00031 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00031 and 46%.

Car_man
    Host
  • cestuscestus Member Posts: 6
    Car_man,

Do you have the Audi Financial Services' August money factor and residual values for a 36 or 39 month lease for a 2013 A6 3.0T Premium Plus and 3.0T Prestige, 15,000 miles? Also, the rates for a 2013 A6 2.0T Premium Plus?

Many thanks for your help!
  • uncle_daveyuncle_davey Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    CAR_MAN
    PLEASE ADVISE IF THIS IS A GOOD TRANSACTION FOR A 2013 AUDI A6 2.0 QUATRO
    36 MOS. LEASE
    MSRP = 51170
    DEALER COST= 48,100
    SELLING PRICE=46,600
    12K MILES
    MF=.001660
    CAP COST = 46481
    RESID VALE = 29,679

TERMS: 2500 DOWN;MONTHLY PAYMENT = 589/MONTH

THANKS
  • swamivswamiv Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, Car_Man!
  • jack820jack820 Member Posts: 2
    Car man: following up Uncle Davey's request: I have an offer for a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus:

$529/mo with $2995 down and $695 acquisition fee.

Is that reasonable? Thanks in advance
    Yes I do cestus. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0T Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00159 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00159 and 52%.

The money factors for the Prestige model are the same, but the residual values would be 52% and 50%.

The numbers for a '13 A6 2.0T Premium Plus are .00166 56% / 54%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.