Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    That is an excellent question, john33a. I suspect that GAP insurance would pay a consumer back that pre-paid for their entire lease in advance, but I don't have a lot of experience with this matter. It probably wouldn't hurt to ask Audi Financial Services directly about this issue.

Most banks do provide a money factor reduction for leases that are pre-paid. the lat time I checked, AFS reduced the money factor for 36-month pre-paid leases by .00100....or the equivalent of 2.4%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • repete81repete81 Member Posts: 3
    Are Audi dealers required to use Audi Financial Service's Residuals and Money Factors or can each dealer use there own figures when calculating new car lease payments. Also, if you buy extra miles upfront on a 2013 Audi A^ Premium Plus does anyone know how much cheaper it is to buy extra miles upfront as compared to waiting til the end of the lease
    Hi repete81. Audi dealers are required to use Audi Financial Services' residual values when calculating lease payments. they do however have a little leeway on the money factors. Dealers are usually allowed to mark banks' buy rate lease money factors up to add additional hidden, back-end profit to deals. This practice is quite common amongst luxury dealers. That is why it is important to find out the buy rate for the vehicle that you are interested in.

The last time that I checked, Audi Financial Services charged $0.15 per mile for extra miles purchased at lease signing and a $0.25 penalty for excess mileage at lease-end.

Car_man
    Host
  • repete81repete81 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much...extremely helpful! One last question. If you were to buy extra miles upfront does that have any effect on reducing the residual factor when calculating the original lease payment or does the $.15/mile additional fee include a residual "penalty" in it. Thank you very much!
  • ocmonkeyocmonkey Member Posts: 4
    Car man, do you have the current residual and MF for the 2013 S6? Looking at 36 months, either 10k or 12k miles.

Thank you!
    Hi ocmonkey. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00113 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 12,000 mils per year would be 1% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • cardrvr94cardrvr94 Member Posts: 2
    Car man, welcome to October! Can you provide the October residual and MF for the 2013 A6 for 36 months/10k or 12k miles? Thanks very much!
  • khan95osukhan95osu Member Posts: 26
    CARMAN- Do you have the MF and Residual for 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus, 12,000 miles per year?

Dealer is saying residual is 58% (Seems right) but Money Factor is .001944, which seems quite a bit higher than the .00145 i remember reading
  • bberkebberke Member Posts: 26
    I was in the dealer yesterday and they only had Sept #s so far, expected them today.
  • herr_shnellherr_shnell Member Posts: 4
    I know you may be tired of the same question, but this really helps those of us who are trying to see if we can manage a vehicle of our liking. Here goes !

Lease rate and residual for 2013 A6 Prestige 10k or 12K miles and 36 month contract.

Thank you in advance.
    Hi khan95osu. The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. Audi Financial Services' buy rate for a '13 A6 2.0 Premium Plus is only .00141 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    There's no need to apologize, herr_shnell. I'm always glad to help. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

This is the September program that was supposed to run through the end of October. I know that Audi published something new a couple of days ago, but I don't think that much changed.

Car_man
    Host
  • intubator4intubator4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car Man,

Could I get the RV and the Money Factor on a 2013 A6 3.0T Premium Plus 36 month/ 12K per year lease?
    Certainly intubator4. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00141 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • rycelover2rycelover2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man, slightly off topic, but do you know what leasing promotions audi will be running in November/December? I heard from a couple of dealers who say that these two months are the best time to look for a new car. I'm interested in an A6 3.0T Premium Plus. Any insight you can provide is greatly appreciated.
  • jgarzonajgarzona Member Posts: 1
    Car man
    what is the money factor and residual on a 2012 A6 premium plus?
    The agreed price is $42,500...is that good?
    Hi rycelover2. Audi's current programs are scheduled to run through November 1st. It is difficult to say what they will be like after that. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it's highly unlikely that Audi's programs during the final two months of the year will be worse and very possible that they will be better than they are today.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jgarzona. Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00011 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's difficult for me to evaluate this car's selling price without knowing what its MSRP is. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • wjs3234wjs3234 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Can you please clarify, when quoting residual value %, is that off of msrp or the negotiated price? Thanks kimdly.
  • 4dooorsfast4dooorsfast Member Posts: 3
    Car man, can you provide me with October money factor and residuals for both S4 Prestige Auto and S6 Prestige 12K and 15K. Bouncing back and forth between both to replace my 2010 S4.

Thanks
    Certainly wjs3234. Vehicles' residual values are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs, including the destination charge and any options that can be residualized.

Car_man
    Host
    You certainly have an appropriate user id, judging by the cars that you're interested in, 4dooorsfast.

Audi Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S4 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00123 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an S6 Prestige are .00113 and 53%.

If you were to lease with 12,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • dan412dan412 Member Posts: 26
    I am wondering if it is possible to negotiate a sales price of invoice cost LESS loyalty bonus of $1500. I hear dealers have a spread of profit between msrp and inv.cost, even behind inv.cost. Has any one been able to successfully negotiate this? Thanks.
  • dan412dan412 Member Posts: 26
    Hello Car_Man:

I had a follow-up question to your answer. With buy rate for a '13 A6 2.0 Premium Plus at .00141 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier, what is the corresponding residual for a 10K miles lease? Is it 54% or 58% for October?

Thanks in advance.
  • acceleraseanaccelerasean Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

About to pull the trigger on leasing a '13 A6 3.0 Premium Plus! Wanted to make sure that I have the right residual and MF for a 36 month / 10k lease for October. Is it .00141 and 58% for top tier credit?

Thank you!
  • romil01romil01 Member Posts: 75
    Car_man,

Two questions:

1. Is there a listing of which states charge sales tax on monthly payments versus total sales price?

2. Do you know if Audi allows MSDs on their leases?

Thanks!
    58%

Car_man
    Host
    Hi accelerasean. The money factor that you posted is right on the money, but I think that the residual value is slightly high. It should be 56% for a 36-month, 10k lease of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi romil01. I don't have a list of states that have more favorable tax laws for leasing off hand, but it doesn't really matter anyhow because you will have to pay your home state's sales tax rate on any vehicle that you lease, not the rate of the state that you lease it in.

The last time that I checked, Audi Financial Services did have a security deposit waiver program. This program offered a .00008 money factor reduction for every additional security deposit, up to a maximum of 10 total.

Car_man
    Host
  • herr_shnellherr_shnell Member Posts: 4
    I could really use the November lease rate MF and residual numbers for November!
    A6 Prestige 3yr/12K miles.

Thanks in advance.
    Here you go herr_shnell. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • romo_007romo_007 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car_man

What are the incentives from Audi for 2013 A6 for conquest and loyalty? What is the residual , acquisition fee and money factor for 2013 A6 Premium Plus for 36month and 12000 miles.

I am trying to make a deal on this car at $500 below invoice, but the dealer won't go below invoice. What is a good price in your opinion? Please advise

Thanks in advance
  • jag1234jag1234 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man,

I am ordering a 2013 A6 prestige. What is the residual and money factor for three years at 10K miles per year.

Also, I am ordering a 2013 Q5 3.0 Prestige and wondering about residual and money factor for 3 year lease and 10K miles per year.

Lastly, for both what should the expected price above invoice be?

Thank you!
    Hi romo_007. In November Audi is providing $1,500 loyalty cash or $1,000 conquest cash on the 2013 A6.

I doubt that dealers will go below invoice minus incentives on a 2013 A6. You're more likely looking at $500 to $1,000 over minus incentives as a more realistic target. Of course, you can always try a different dealer in your area to see if they'll meet your price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jag1234. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 Prestige with 10,000 miles per year are .00122 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 Q5 Prestige are .00161 and 54%.

If I was in the market for these cars right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus any cash incentives that you are eligible for.

Car_man
    Host
  • bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    Can we please have the MF and residuals for A6 Premium Plus in both the 3.0 and 2.0 models for 36 months.

Thanks!
    Sure bashin. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00130 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 A6 3.0 Premium Plus are .00122 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
  • curttelcurttel Member Posts: 2
    Greetings Car_man:
    Do you have the November lease rates for a 2013 S6 with 10K miles per year for 36 months?
    thanks in advance,
    curttel
  • curttelcurttel Member Posts: 2
    This is an S6 Prestige.
  • intubator4intubator4 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,

What are the November Residual Values and Money Factors for a 2013 A6 3.0T PremiumPlus 3yr Lease with 10K and 12K miles per year? Thanks so much!
  • toofdoctoofdoc Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    Hi Car Man,

Can I get the money factor and residual value for new 2012 Audi A6 prestige for 36 months and 10,000 / 12,000 miles?

I am pretty new to this. If I am considering purchasing the car at the end of the lease I should not worry so much about the residual value?
    Also, is it typical to get better money factor rates for 2013 models opposed to 2012?

I got a deal for a 2012 A6 Prestige.
    MSRP - 63,980
    Purchase Price - 56,936
    Money factor - 0.00202
    Residual - 43%

I'm thinking the money factor is high. How does the purchase price compare to invoice + dealer incentives?

That's a lot of questions. I appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!
    Greetings curttel. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 S6 with 10,000 miles per year are .00095 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi intubator4. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 3.0T Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00122 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi toofdoc. Audi isn't providing lease support on 2012 models any longer. As a result, you would likely be better off leasing a 2013 model at this point. The '13's selling price probably won't be as low, but its money factors and residual values will be much better.

The .00202 money factor that you were quoted is too high even for an unsupported lease.

There is $3,000 dealer cash on the 2012 A6 right now. You can look up this car's dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • ffm1ffm1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi - can anyone please explain to me why different dealerships give us different residual values and money factors for exactly the same car (2013 Audi A6 Prestige) for someone with excellent credit? Today, I was quoted by two different dealerships just outside of Philadelphia, PA, the following numbers for 36 months lease and 10,000 miles per year?

1) Residual value of 50% with a money factor of 0.0013.
    2) Residual value of 55% with a money factor of 00171.

Thank you.
  • colleradcollerad Member Posts: 6
    Car_man - Good morning - Do those numbers change for the 2013 A6 2.0 (rather than 3.0)?
    Thanks for all the guidance you provide.
  • ajkajk Member Posts: 13
    Car_man,

I have decided to get an A6 and now trying to figure out which lease option would be best for me. I would appreciate if you can tell me the MF and residuals for a 24, 30 and 36 month lease. I am considering 10K or 12K miles - I assume MF stays the same for either but residual changes?

Also, what incentives are available? (not eligible for conquest). From your previous posts, I've gathered that I wouldn't be able to do better than invoice plus $1K - is that accurate? I am flexible on timing - in your opinion, do you think it makes a difference if I pull the trigger now vs December?

Thank you for your continued feedback in these forums. It has been great help!
    Hi ffm1. There's actually a funny answer to your question...none of the dealerships quoted you the "right" lease program for this car. The 55% residual value that the second dealer told you is correct, but if your credit is in good shape they are marking up your car's money factor to add additional back-end profit to your deal. Audi Financial Services' current 36-month buy rate for a '13 A6 Prestige is only .00122.

I don't know what the first dealership was talking about. Perhaps they were looking at a 2012 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Good morning collerad. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, ajk. Nice car. Audi Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A6 2.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for otherwise identical 30- and 36-month leases are .00130 / 59% and .00130 / 56%.

The residual values for leases with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

$1,000 over dealer invoice sounds like about right. Consumers who are in areas with a ton of competition who really pound the pavement might be able to do a couple hundred better, but I'd say that a grand over is about right...and reasonable.

As far as cash incentives go, there is $1,500 owner loyalty on this car right now plus Audi is waiving the first month's payment on leases of it for everyone.

While it's possible that Audi might make a few unscheduled revisions in December, the current programs for the A6 are scheduled to run through the end of the year so I don't think that waiting until December to get one will make a difference.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.