Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome asgara :shades: !

Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

If your credit is in good shape it appears as though the dealer that you are working with is attempting to mark your car's buy rate up to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

As far as how you could improve this deal goes, make sure that the dealer uses AFS' buy rate to calculate your car's monthly payment AND try to negotiate a lower selling price if possible. The selling price that you're at right now is probably around $1,200 over dealer invoice give or take...assuming that you are not eligible for the $1,500 conquest or $1,000 owner loyalty cash that is currently available on this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome aboard Dean.

Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for a 42-month lease would be .00090 and 42%.

Audi is currently providing a $1,500 conquest incentive to current owners of certain competitive vehicles and $1,000 owner loyalty cash on leases of this car to current Audi owners and lessees. If you are eligible for either of these incentives make sure to take them into account during your negotiations. It sounds like you're eligible for the $1,500.

If I was in the market for an A6 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice minus the $1,500 incentive. You can look up the exact invoice price of the car that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions and of course how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hammervette. I personally use Excel and the formula that is out lined in the following article to work up payments on my own: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

However, Edmunds.com has a lease calculator that you can use as well:

http://www.edmunds.com/calculators/car-lease.html

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Jim. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 51%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00090 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Dean. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00090 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bermaster. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 2.0T Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • bermasterbermaster Member Posts: 2
    Can you give me the numbers for a 36 month lease at 10k/year? Also, I don't believe there is a Quattro version of this car.
  • hammervettehammervette Member Posts: 45
    Thank you Car_Man,

Can you post 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 for 36 months MF and residual.

Thank you.
  • mnguy0mnguy0 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car Man.

One clarification: In your reply, you mentioned that "The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an A6 2.0 Premium Plus are .00070 and 51%." Did you mean "A6 3.0"?

If not, would the numbers be different for a 3.0 (2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year)?

Thanks again. I appreciate the info.
  • deanoohdeanooh Member Posts: 12
    Thank you very much Car_Man,
    Good catch, bermaster. For some reason I thought that you said 3.0T. AFS' current 36-month, 10,000 mile per year numbers for the 2012 A6 2.0T Premium Plus are .00056 and 51%.

Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
    Sure hammervette. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00070 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome deanooh.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks again Car_Man,
    Now I just have to find a dealer willing to sell me 5-700 over invoice.

Jim
  • wtmeyerwtmeyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man;

Your thoughts on what seems to be really low residuals on the Audis compared to BMWs. 2012 BMW 335i residuals are in the low to mid 60% range compared to Audi in the upper 40% to low 50%. Is there really that big a difference in resale value, or is BMW just pumping up the leases?
  • sje3333sje3333 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2012
    Car Man,

I am a little confused about the March residual rate for an A6 3.0 Premium Plus.

I need the residual % for the 3 year, 15,000 lease and

the 42 month, 15,000 lease.

In your message #977 you give a 48% residual for the 3 year 15,000 mile per year A6 3.0 Premium Plus. In a later message (#980) you give a 51% residual for the same configuration.

You also give a 47% residual for the 42 month lease on the same configuration.

In addition, dealers have been quoting me that the residual is increased 1% should you purchase Audicare. Are the numbers you quote without taking this into consideration?

I would appreciate the residuals for the 36 and 42 month leases based on the A6 3.0 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year.

Thanks!
    You're welcome Jim. Good luck and make sure to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Excellent observation wtmeyer. BMW is definitely artificially inflating its vehicles' residual values in an effort to make its lease payments more attractive.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sje3333. Audi financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00076 and 44%.

The residual values for vehicles that have Audi Care are indeed 1% higher. No, I did not automatically include that increase in the residuals that I posted.

Car_man
    Host
  • punjabim3punjabim3 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to purchase an A6. $1500 under invoice, prestige model. Current APR incentives and conquest rebate runs through 4/2. Any idea if it will stay the same or be better after 4/2?
    Hello punjabim3. I expect Audi's current incentive program to remain relatively unchanged through May 1st.

Car_man
    Host
    CarMan,
    Thanks for your help. Got the car I wanted for the price I wanted. Jonathan at Langan Audi http://www.langanaudieast.com was great. I am 3 hours from them so we did all the paperwork via fedex with NO problems.

Hard to find color in Premium Plus, Garnet Red Pearl.

Pic 1 - http://bit.ly/HaEVeT
    Pic 2 - http://bit.ly/HW3qI8

Thanks again,
    Jim
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Good luck with your Audi...and thanks for mentioning the dealer.
  • sje3333sje3333 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks for the info you previously supplied to me. Can you tell me what the residual % and money rate is for the 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus for April given a 42 month lease term and 15,000 miles per year.

Thanks for your help!

Steve
  • e350leasee350lease Member Posts: 11
    Punjabim3,

How did you get them to $1500 under invoice? The best deal I can get is $500 over invoice with Conquest rebate.
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Member Posts: 204
    Where are you looking? What does truecar.com show as yiour local price? What are they saying they are giving you as a conquest rebate?
  • lesseemanlesseeman Member Posts: 1
    Carman, can you tell me what the money factory and the residual percentage is for an A6 3.0 Premium for 36 and 42 months with 15,000 miles? Also, can I rely on the Fair Market Value detailed in Edmunds as a price the dealer will accept?

Thanks
    Car man,
    Time for me to hit the Dealers for a new lease .
    Can you tell me what the money factory and the residual percentage is for an
    A6 Prestige for with 15,000 miles?
    36 months -
    42 months -
    I'll await your reply before I heard out to the murky waters of a new lease.

I'm interested in leasing a 3.0 prestige, Havana Blk, Naugot, 20" Sport Package, Full LED. so far got an offer for $58K.MSRP $61,480 with destination. But I feel the money factor was to high.
    edited April 2012
    Wish someone had the time to answer with the needed info... (Jeopardy Music).

Cheers,
    Dean
    You're very welcome Jim. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us all know how everything turned out, with pictures too. Sweet ride! Enjoy :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    No problem Steve. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42 month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium Plus without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00076 and 44%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you are looking for lesseeman. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Premium without quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00056 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00076 and 44%.

If I was in the market for this car in an area that has a decent level of competition I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi deanooh. Sorry for the delay in my response, I was away last week. Here you go.

Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 46% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00090 and 42%.

Car_man
    Host
  • uskusk Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I am interested in leasing 2012 Audi A6. After feeling ripped off by dealers quotes, i searched online and came across "The Lease Outlet", website http://www.theleaseoutlet.com/

They are offering me a alistic quote that I really like, they are based in CA and I am in MA. Joseph Lopez at the lease outlet assured me about its being legit etc. And they process via email/mail etc. They negotiate with some dealer in US and then ship the car while doing all the paperwork mostly online.

They are offering 0.00076 and 47% residual on a 42 month with a payment of 589+tax with 0 down. I was wondering if anyone has experience with them, if the rates are reasonable and if this is too good to be true ?

Any information will be helpful. I have neveer used a remote lease company so I am kinda skeptical but I am always skeptical :)

Thanks,
    UsK
  • michaudimichaudi Member Posts: 2
    Car man

My Audi A6 is finally due to arrive here at the dealer in the next 72 hours. Deposit was paid but no contract as I am told until the vehicle arrives no final lease agreements can be finalized.

I received a 3% off MSRP plus destination charge quote. 36 month/12000 mile lease.

What is the resid and MF for April with those terms? And more importantly do you think I should wait and secure May 1 as I might get a better price.

Thanks
    Hi michaudi. Audi Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 26-month lease of a 2012 A6 Premium Plus quattro with 15,000 miles per year are .00070 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's difficult to say what Audi's May lease program for this car will be like. I don't believe that Audi's lease program for this model improved last year from April to May, but one rarely knows what an automaker will do with its future programs until they are officially announced. Audi's new May program is supposed to be introduced on 5/2.

Car_man
    Host
  • michaudimichaudi Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_Man!

Well the transport truck was late on delivery and it is now in. Can you tell me how the May rates differ from April? Money factor and resid.

A6 Prestige
    36 month lease
    12k year

I am picking up Saturday so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michaudi
    You're welcome Michaudi. Audi Financial Services' new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00051 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jessiemjessiem Member Posts: 19
    I am new to the group and I wanted to ask some advise as to options and what is the best deal. I have a 2010 Quartz Grey Mettalic Audi A6 3.0 QUATRO Supercharged Prestige Trim with Cold Weather, Paddle Shifters, Heated Steering Wheel and everything else that could be added as an options from Audi for a 2010.

Now my lease is coming to an end on Oct 2012. The dealers have been calling to get me out of my lease early and get me into a 2012 Audi A6 3.0 Prestige or Premium Plus. I wanted to ask you advise on what are the best options.

Option#1:
    They have asked me to get into a 2012 Audi A6 Prestige or Premium Plus with cold weather and audi side assist and Full LED Headlights. What is the residual value, Money Factor for may 2012 with a 36, 39 and 42 month lease? What type of Dealer Cost should i negotiate from?

They are also using a Conquest Program, Equity for my vehicle, Bonus Cash for returning lease customer as a Customer Cash Down. What is a good adjusted cap cost price or Selling Price?

Option 2:
    Finance my current vehicle with Audi Financial when the least is due on Oct 2012. Now for this, what are the possible negotiations i can do?

Please advise. I am looking to make a decision in the next 1-2 weeks.

Thanks Much.
  • snward09snward09 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man,
    I'm seeking May residual values and MF rates for 2012 A6 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles/year for both 36 and 42 month lease term. Do you know what the May incentives are for both returning Audi lessees and competitor lessees? Is a capitalized cost which is $4,000 below MSRP considered a good deal in the NYC tri-state area? Thank you.
    Anyone can help me out on this.....
    Hi jessiem. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 3.0 Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00051 and 45%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease would be .00071 and 43%. the 42-month numbers would be .00071 and 41%.

The numbers for the '12 A6 3.0 Premium Plus quattro are .00051 / 47% for 36-months, .00071 / 45% for 39-months and .00071 / 43% for 42-months.

If I was in the market for an A6 right now, I'd shoot for a selling price of $500 over dealer invoice minus the $1,000 loyalty cash that is available on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for snward09.

Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 A6 Sedan 3.0 Premium Plus quattro with 12,000 miles per year are.00051 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00071 and 45%.

On leases there is a $1,000 cash incentive for current Audi owners and lessees or a $1,500 conquest incentive for current owners and lessees of select competitive luxury products. If I was in the market for this car in your area, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice minus whichever incentive I was eligible for.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the reply. Is it possible for Audi Dealers to adjust the money factor and residual depending on the deal?

Also has anyone heard of this dealership : http://www.audiconshohocken.com/
    What is your experience with them?
    You're welcome jessiem. Vehicles residual values are set in stone, but dealers are often allowed to mark-up vehicles' base money factors to add additional, hidden, back-end profit to deals.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man,

Thanks for the response. Is this a good deal?

Miles: 10k
    Lease Term: 36 Months
    Money Factor: .00081
    Residual%: .48
    Total Cap Cost Reduction: $11,102.89
    Gross Cap Cost: $58,270.40
    MSRP: $61, 130

Base Monthly: $557.11
    Vehicle: 2012 Audi A6 Prestige Model

Kindly let me know.
  • gavin1911gavin1911 Member Posts: 9
    Hey, Jessiem, how much did you pay upfront? - did you pay the 11,102.89? I talked to a dealer and cannot get anywhere close to your number. Thanks for sharing some info.
    Gavin1911,

They are giving me positive equity for my current lease since it's in mint condition and low miles as well as they are throwing in the Audi Loyalty and other discounts they could put together......
  • smpatesmpate Member Posts: 9
    Here's the deal I got, signed it today:

Audi A6 Prestige
    Oolong Gray/Black Interior
    20" Sport Pkg
    Side Assist
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $62,060

42 months, 15k/yr

Sales price: $56,781
    AudiCare: $800
    Doc fee: $399
    Acq fee: $695
    Tag: $69
    Texas state tax (6.25% upfront, rolled into lease): $3,650

Conquest rebate: -$1,500

Residual: 42% (AudiCare increases residual by 1%)
    Money factor: 0.00071

$0 money down, $0 first month's payment
    Monthly payment: $912 x 41 equal payments.
    Without TX state tax, payment is $826/mo x 41.

Now just waiting for car to arrive...got a good deal (I think), so I paid OOP to ship it to me ($650).
  • ericscott1ericscott1 Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2012
    Car Man

I'm looking at the A4 and A6 - both in Premium Plus trim and both quattros. For the A4 I would add Navigation and a few other bells and whistles (Advanced Key, Parking Sensors, etc). The MSRPs are $43,700 for the A4 and $55,470 for the A6 the way I have them configured.

Can you tell me the most current residuals and money factors for each model for a 10,000 mile per year, 36 month lease? I have searched the forums and while you have posted lots of 12,000 and 15,000 data I didn't see 10,000.

Also what kind of deal relative to MSRP should I hope to get?

Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.