Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,753
    They make them in Germany... they get here on a boat... They aren't waiting six weeks to ship it... they have to build it first, then it travels by truck or rail to a port.... then, they put it on a ship.. arrives in port, then travels again by truck, or rail, then truck to the dealer.. Six weeks is pretty quick.. They can't send them by FedEx.. ;)

If he had one available now, I'm sure he would sell it to you..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jimmy24jimmy24 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks. Do you know how much it would costs for him or me to ship one in the US vs making one? Who normally pays for that service?
    Assuming he can find one.... It depends on how far away it is...

To flatbed a car from another dealer, figure $2/mile, at least.. If it's close enough to swap one and drive the other one back, then $200-$300.. Be assured, that anything that adds cost to the dealer will come out of your pocket, directly or indirectly.. No free lunch.

But, most dealers don't keep a lot of inventory on 7-series... The typical buyer of a $90K car wants it exactly the way he wants it... Ordering a high-end BMW is typical..

If he says he can't find one, he probably can't....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jimmy24jimmy24 Member Posts: 10
    750iL silver w msrp of approximately 92k. Dealer will take off 8800. Residual is 54k and .00260 money factor. With 7% tax over 36 months at 12k a year and no money down $1352 a month. Take it or can I do better? Thanks.
  • benz2779benz2779 Member Posts: 31
    Luxury seating, camera and 19" wheels - M.S.R.P. of $91,975.00 - Money factor should be .00205 and your residual of 54% is correct. Look for a selling price of $2,000 behind invoice and getting the $2,500 holiday cash. Selling price should be $80,735.00. With 12,000 per year and 36 month term your payment should be $1,209.45 (includes Georgia tax) with a drive off of $1,934.45 ($1,209.45 1st month and $725 bank fee) plus plates. Make sure their are no extra hidden fees.... dealer prep, doc fees, dealer conveyance fees, etc...

Definitely order the car at the prices I am telling you. BMW Financial will lock in the program for you upon approval of your credit application so you don't lose the holiday cash. If the program gets better by the time the car comes in, your entitled to the better program. 6-8 weeks is the right amount of time. Some of the cars have even been coming in as quickly as 5 weeks! If your not getting this number then continue to shop... Learn how to shop like I do by visiting www.simplifiedcarbuying.com - I have become so good at it that its now my hobby!

Let me know how you make out... Good Luck!
  • sman750sman750 Member Posts: 4
    I'm shopping for a 2011 750 IX with luxury seating, cold weather, premium sound, camera, active cruise. 15K miles $95075.00. I was quoted 1349.46/$6646.00 down which includes sales tax and 1st month. I got this price back in July, when I went back this weekend to see how the $2500 Holiday sale would lower my price they told me the residual went down so the payment would be the same. I'm not convinced that I am getting a honest answer. Is the payment they are giving me a good number?
    No, its not... What state are you registering the car in so I know what sales tax to use? Also, what is the term of the lease? 36 months?
    I'm registering the car in New York 8.625 is the sales tax and the lease is 36 months
    Just to compare apples to apples I worked the lease with the same $6,646.00 out of pocket you were quoted on. So the due at signing includes plates, reg. and a little cap cost reduction. I come to a payment of $1,222.08 per month. M.S.R.P. of $95,075.00 - selling price of $83,920.00 - residual of 52% and money factor of .00210 - its for 36 months and 15,000 miles per year. If your not getting this deal then you need to keep shopping. If your getting better than this, then your a better shopper than I am and you should be commended! Don't forget to get the wheel and tire insurance package - it pays for itself over and over again. That negotiable as well. Probably should cost you around $895. It's hard to believe I learned all this stuff from 1 source - www.simplifiedcarbuying.com -
    Do I present this info your giving me to the dealer, not sure why they would honor what your saying?
    They may not.... you have to find the dealer who will except this deal. It is a deal that a dealer would do. You just have to find the dealer who needs to make their quota for the month. It called being an educated shopper... I learned how to shop dealers from www.simplifiedcarbuying.com - it works!
    Ok, after looking around I am favoring the 750Li xdrive, with the following options,
    Luxury seating, Luxury rear seating, Premium sound, Cold weather, Drivers assistance, Active Cruise Control, Rear view camera, Shadowline exterior trim.
    List price now $104375 including Destination and gas guzzler. Tax area is 8.625
    looking for 15K 36month lease What kind of number should I be getting?
  • flenhoffflenhoff Member Posts: 12
    Does BMW offer a 7,500 mile per year lease? Apparently Mercedes does (I'm also looking at a CLS).
    10K/yr is the lowest that BMWFS offers..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mcorfmcorf Member Posts: 89
    I am looking for info on a car that stickers for $77125. I am looking for a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles a year. Tax is 6.75%. What is the residual and money factor( Is it better for it to be higher or lower) for this car? What would be a good lease price? Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mcorf. The higher your vehicle's residual value, the better and the lower its money factor the better.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740Li with 10,000 miles per year are .00215 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This car's payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you negotiate. The lower your vehicle's selling price is, the lower its lease payment will be. If I was in the market for a 7-Series right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • broham1broham1 Member Posts: 8
    Carman: What are the current incentives on 2010 and 2011 740s and 750s. Also, what is the residual and money factor for a 36 month lease, 15K per year miles 740 and 750. Thanks.
  • mcorfmcorf Member Posts: 89
    Thanks. They are actually giving me $750 over invoice.
    Hi broham1. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740i with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 52%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 750i are .00165 and 52%.

If you are a loyal BMW customer, these cars' money factors would be .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem mcorf. $750 over invoice sounds very reasonable to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Member Posts: 55
    Hi,

What are the rates on 10k lease?

Thanks
    Hi gvitalik1. The money factors are the same for leases with only 10,000 miles per year, but BMW FS' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
  • asun911asun911 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,
    Can you tell me if this is a good lease deal on a 2011 740LI lease.
    Convenience, Lux Seat, M Sport with 20" Wheel upgrade, Premium Sound. MSRP is $90,575. Car is out of state. They would have to ship to TX. I got a cap cost of $80,575 plus $1000 to ship. Total cap cost of $81,575. Invoice is $83,250. bmwusa is offering now $3185 option credit (not sure how that works. they did not mention this at all) and $2000 build out cash (this was not mentioned either).

MF is .00200 and Residual of 55%. Acquisition fee = $925 (seems high?), Doc fee $155 and Govt Fee of $139.05. Are all these fees legit? 36 month lease with 10K miles per year. What is the difference in cost to go 12K miles per year? Quoted monthly lease payment of $1328.87. I do have a trade in which they low balled me at $30K. I owe $28K on it so I would yield $2K. Should I use this equity on a down payment to bring down cap cost? Also $1875 tax credit for the trade in which would bring my sales tax down. They quoted monthly lease payment of $1273 with the tax credit?

Good deal? Thanks Car man
    Hi asun911. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks good. The money factor that you were quoted is a little on the high side though. BMW FS' current buy rate for the 2011 750Li is .00155. This figure drops to .00125 for loyal customers. The base acquisition fee is $725. So even though you are getting an aggressive selling price, the dealer is making some of that money back on the back end of your deal.

Have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • asun911asun911 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Thanks for the feedback. They would not negotiate above what I mentioned. I will be going to another dealer on Thursday to try to negotiate this deal with a 2011 750LI. Can you tell me if this is too aggresive to ask or is this what the market is bearing today because these are 2011 close out late models and the dealers want to move them along to make room for the 2012's in a few months.

2011 750LI, M Sport, camera, Lux Seat, Premium Sound, Heads Up, Smart Phone, Ceramic controls. MSRP $100,915. This includes $3460 Option credit. Invoice is $92,555. BMW FS is offering $2000 Build out cash incentive till 3/31 and there is also Manufacturer to Dealer Marketing Support for $2000 also. Taking these into account, I thought to offer them $91,000 for the car. Is this too aggressive or should I offer lower considering both cash incentives?

On my trade, I know you recommended to have them cut me a check for the equity and that is the smart thing to do, however if I do want to bring my monthly payment down, I can apply that equity to bring down my net cap cost? I know if I get in an accident, I lose that equity and any cash down payment 100%.

I was looking at Leasecompare.com buy rates for March 2011 for a 2011 750LI, and I got .00160? I'll take .00155 if this is actual that I can negotiate with the dealer. I wanted to ask if you thought it was a good idea to take advantage of the MSD program by putting 7 additional security deposits down to bring down the MF by .00049? I know it is cash up front, but the savings would be around $2300 for the term of the lease and you get the $ back at end of lease less charges for wear tear etc.

Also is it required that the consumer pay doc, disposition, and/or termination fees?

Lastly, What is Due at Signing?

Residual is 55% for 10K/year. Non negotiable, correct?

Here in TX, we have to pay 100% of sales tax of the total value of vehicle. Is there any way out of this? Can this be negotiated with the dealer?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to get solid advise and I will be pullling the trigger soon and getting in a lease of a 2011 750LI or 740LI.

Thanks again Car Man.

A Sun911
    Carman: What are the current incentives on the 2011 740. I have read in previous posts there are options credits, build out cash ($2000) and marketing support. Can you please clarify how much in incentives is available in March and depnding on when you respond in April? As always thanks for your help and reply!
    Hi Carman,

I'm looking to lease 740IL. What are the April's lease rates and special programs available on this model.

Many Thanks
    Hi asun911. I believe that you are double counting the buildout cash and the dealer cash. They are the same thing. If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for $1,000 over invoice minus the $2,000 dealer cash minus the option credit and see what happens.

If you really want to yes you can use any equity that you have in your trade as a capitalized cost reduction for your lease. If you really want to lower your car's monthly payment you would be better off using this cash to make multiple security deposits than as a cap cost reduction.

BMW Financial Services charges a $725 acquisition fee at lease signing and a $350 disposition fee at lease-end. The doc fee is between you and the dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi broham1. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740i with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This money factor is reduced by .00030 for loyal customers.

There is currently $2,000 in dealer cash plus option credits on the 7-Series. How much in option credits your car is eligible for depends upon how it is equipped.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gvitalik1. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 52%, respectively.

This money factor is reduced by .00030 for loyal customers.

When negotiating your deal, don't forget about the $2,000 dealer cash and option credits that are available on the 7 right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • qafasqafas Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car man,

Please comment on whether this seems like a good deal or not:

2011 740i (sales demo, but less than 20 miles on it)
    MSRP $84475
    Cap cost $73450
    0 down
    2200 due at signing, including first month's payment, acquisition fee, and license fee.
    36 months, 12K miles/year

What do you think?
    Hi qafas. The 740i that you are interested in likely has a spread of a little over $6,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,000 dealer cash that is currently available on this model and you have a total of at least $8,000 to play with during your negotiations. I say "at least" because BMW is providing additional cash incentives on vehicles that are equipped with certain options. It is impossible for me to tell whether the car that you are interested in has them from your post.

You were quoted a sizable discount of $11,000 on this car. That's a good price, but again it is impossible for me to tell if it is at, below, or above invoice without knowing how this car is equipped. Either way, this looks like a pretty attractive price to me.

Just make sure that the dealer uses BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00165 (.00135 for loyal customers) to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi,

I'm being offered a following deal on 740LI with Convenience Pack, Prem Sound Pack, 19" Allows MSRP 80225, Selling $69995 Total Drive off $2934.44 MF 0.00160 with payment of $989 including tax.

Are these numbers right, as it seems that both packages qualify for credit, so I think there is 2K more to play with?

Many Thanks
  • jerseyguy70jerseyguy70 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,
    I am currently in the market for a 2012 750li X Drive. What are the current lease rates for this model? Also, would you know of any incentives? Being a new model I assume there will be none but it never hurts to ask.

Thanks!
  • trumaine03trumaine03 Member Posts: 8
    Hello Car_man,

I'm looking to lease a 2011 BMW 750LI or 2011 BMW 750LI Xdrive. What are the current lease rates & incentives available for a 36 month, 15k miles/year ?
  • mm1250mm1250 Member Posts: 6
    Hello Car_Man

Looking to do a lease on a 011 750Li xDrive lease 36months 12k miles a year.

I'm a current BMW lease customer. The MSRP of this 750LI is $98,675. What is the breakdown of all dealer rates & incentives I can try to take advantage of?
    Hi gvitalik1. The money factor that you were quoted is correct for a non-returning customer.

As far as the selling price goes, this car probably has a spread of around $6,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to that the $2,000 dealer cash, $1,640 credit for the Premium Sound Option, and $1,545 for the Convenience package and you have a total of around $11,500 to play with during your negotiations. You were quoted a discount of $10,200. That's not bad. You might be able to squeeze a few hundred dollars more out of it, but again this deal isn't bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go, jerseyguy70. According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750Li xDrive with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

While BMW is providing cash on the 2011 model, I don't believe that it has anything on 2012 models yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi trumaine03. BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for the 750Li xDrive are exactly the same.

The money factors for loyal customers are .00030 lower.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,000 dealer cash and various option credits.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mm1250. Please see my previous post for the info that you're looking for.

BMW FS' residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Carman: A dealer is attempting to charge me a transport fee to get a car that is allegedly not in inventory. is this normal?
  • rpb3rpb3 Member Posts: 2
    I will come off a three-year, 10,000 mile per year lease on a 535xi at the end of August. I plan to lease again for a similar term with similar mileage limitations. I do not make down payments on leased vehicles, for the good reasons that you have described in the past. I have no interest in purchasing the vehicle at the conclusion of the lease, so residual value is important to me only in so far as it affects my monthly payment. I live in New York City, so I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that I cannot use multiple security payments to reduce the monthly cost unless I acquire the vehicle from an out-of-state dealership, e.g. New Jersey.

I would be interested in acquiring either a 740i or a 535GT. I will therefore appreciate your advice concerning money factors etc. and your sense of what my monthly cost would be for either vehicle reasonably well-equipped, before taxes.

Thank you.
  • gryangryan Member Posts: 35
    I live in Nj and always use MSD's it is a great return on the money, I do not believe you can title the car in NY and use msd's. i know ny dealers do not quote msd's because i tried to buy from one in the past
    Hi broham1. The policy on swapping for vehicles varies from dealer to dealer, but it is not unusual for a dealer to attempt to charge a consumer to trade for a vehicle. If the dealer that you are working with doesn't have the exact car that you want, you may want to consider shopping around with a different dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • bjaz22bjaz22 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking into leasing the 2012 740i and was offered the following deal:

2012 740i with Convenience pkg and Luxury seating pkg. Invoice is $71,230 and I'm getting it for $500 above invoice at $71,730.

On a 36 month lease with 12k miles per year and with a total of $2,432.52 cash down the payment comes to $1,022.14 including tax.

Is that a good deal? Are there any incentives I should be holding out for that are coming up?
  • farealianfarealian Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 750i trade in valued at approximately 21,000. Im upside down about $9,000. I want to get out of it into a lease situation. Are there any good options/scenarios for me?
  • deaddogdeaddog Member Posts: 60
    Car Man - can get I get current MF/Residual for 24 and 36 months? Thanks
  • deaddogdeaddog Member Posts: 60
    Car Man - can you get the MF/Residual for the 2011 750ix? thanks
    You certainly may. BMW FS' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 750xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00195 and 40%.

This car's money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi Carman,

I would like to get numbers on a B7 Alpina for a friend that is getting his in the next few days. Could you please provide me with:

Money Factor - Buy rate
    Residual

Here are the numbers the the dealer quoted:
    36 month lease / 10k miles a year
    MSRP: $126,825
    Selling price: $120,385 (supposedly $3000 over invoice)
    They told me the MF is .00225
    Residual = 60%

$20,000 Down,Monthly payment $1291.18

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.