Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi moncad. The last time that I had checked, BMW had not published a lease program for the 2007 X5 yet. It is difficult to say what its lease program for this truck will be like when it is introduced, but it is probably safe to say that it will not be nearly as attractive as the program that is currently available on the 2006 model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi christina271. While it is difficult to say exactly, it appears as though the price that you were quoted for this car is slightly over dealer invoice. This is not terrible, but given the fact that BMW is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on the '06 X5 3.0 you may want to see if you can get an even larger discount. Also, BMW just introduced a special 22 month lease on this truck with an even better money factor than its 24 month program. Its 22 month, 15,000 mile per year numbers are .00135 and 68%. You would be better off going with the 22 month program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings swganole. While it is difficult for me to say exactly where the price you were quoted is compared to its dealer invoice price, it appears as though it is around $500 under invoice. This is a pretty good selling price for this truck. Remember though that BMW is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on it. You can always shop around to see if you can get one for a little less than this.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate money factor for a 36 month lease of an X5 3.0 is .00185 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. It appears as though that the dealer you are working with may be trying to mark your truck's money factor up a little bit. Make sure to insist that they use its buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • moncadmoncad Member Posts: 6
    Hi Car_man,
    thank you for responding to my query. it does help that i am in no rush to get the 2007 model. in the meantime, i will continue to refer to this site for auto. questions. thanks much.

moncad
  • icanflyicanfly Member Posts: 7
    Hi, im located in southern california and was wondering if you could estimate me the monthly lease payments for the 22month lease special. The car im looking at is:
    2006 BMW X5 3.0
    - automatic
    - premium package
    - rear climate package

The invoice price of the car is $44400 and the msrp is $48470. I was thinking about making a 3000 dollar down payment but up to 5000 dollars if necessary.
    Thanks
  • uconn97uconn97 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted the following on an X5 3.0 lease - MSRP $51,220
    sell for $47,720, 22 months, 3000 down which includes 1st payment, registration & conveyance fee - $631.79 plus sales tax. Any thoughts?
  • bodotcombodotcom Member Posts: 5
    Can anyone tell me what lease deals for October there are for the X5? I am in Seattle, WA if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
  • carnut12carnut12 Member Posts: 67
    Carman,

Do you know the money factor and residuals for the 4.8 X5 , both 24/36 months (12k miles).

Thanks
  • shap1shap1 Member Posts: 77
    Carman: We'll be coming off lease (Volvo SUV) in December. My husband is planning to lease an X5. Do you think he would be better off terminating now in order to take advantage of any special lease rates/dealer support on remaining '06 models, rather finishing the term and leasing an '07? I'm thinking because the '07's are all new, there won't be much in the way of deals, especially just one month after release. Plus, the price will be quite a bit higher, I would think. You opinion is greatly appreciated, as always.

Oh, and I'm recommending he come out of pocket on the remaining two lease payments rather than rolling them into the new lease. Agree?
    You're very welcome, moncad. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I would be happy to calculate a lease payment on this truck for you, icanfly. In October BMW is no longer running the special 22 month lease on this model so I will work up a 24 month lease for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 with an MSRP of $48,470 and a selling price of $44,000 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $462. The reason why I calculated this lease without a down payment is that it is in your best interest not to make one when leasing. If your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, its down payment would essentially disappear. All you have to pay at lease signing are your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, and BMW Financial Services' $625 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi uconn97. BMW is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on the 2006 X5 3.0. This dealer cash is compatible with leases through BMW Financial Services. A base 2006 X5 3.0 has a spread of a little over $3,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You were quoted a discount of $3,500 on the truck that you are interested in, but once the dealer cash is backed out this is really only a $1,500 discount. I personally would shoot for a lower price for this if I was in the market for this truck. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When you arrive at a price that you are satisfied with, have the dealer that you are working with use BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor of .00185 to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bodotcom. I can give you an idea of what this truck's lease program is like right now, but in order for me to do I need dome additional information from you including whether you want the 3.0, 4.4, or 4.8 version of this truck, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need. I can even estimate what the lease payment will be like for the exact model that you are interested in if you provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi carnut12. This is an excellent time to lease an X5 4.8. Its lease program is much more attractive today than it was a couple of months ago. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 BMW X5 4.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00150 and 51%. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that BMW is currently providing a solid $4,000 dealer cash on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    That's a tough call, shap1. You are right that there probably won't be much in the way of lease support or discounts available on the 2007 X5 when it first arrives at dealers. Leasing a 2006 model is the way to go if you want a good deal. I almost never suggest to a community member that they should terminate their current lease early. I just think that doing so is really wasteful. Having said this, BMW's current lease program for the 2006 X5 is very attractive. It is currently only scheduled to run through October 31st. It is difficult to say what its new November lease program will be like. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it will probably be about the same. If I was in your situation, I probably would roll the dice and wait until November to get an X5, hoping that the attractive lease program is still around and that dealers still have the exact model that I want in stock. Leasing a new X5 now probably wouldn't be a bad move though given the fact that you only have two payments left on your current truck. Your husband can either pay his remaining payment or payments out of his own pocket or roll them into his new lease. Given BMW's attractive money factors on the X5 right now it wouldn't be terrible if you just rolled your remaining payments into your new lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Car man, I am interested in all 3 versions, but my number one choice is the 3.0. I want to put as little $ down as possible, 22-27 months & 10k miles per year. My local tax rate is 8.8%. Thanks!
  • drewmishadrewmisha Member Posts: 9
    CarMan,

For the 2006 x5 4.4, what are the current incentives or dealer holdbacks? Is it $2500? Are the money factors of .00150, residual of 67% still current for the 24 month lease? What about the 36 mo lease? Thanks.

Andrew
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    2006 X5 4.4 lease
    2006 X5 4.4 lease I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a deal. Car Man, can you tell me if it ok?

MSRP 58,445

Sell 52,477

36 months, 15K no cap cost reduction. $679.08 per month with taxes, security deposit, 1st month payment, DMV and bank fee up front. residual 56% and MF .0015

the 24 month payment is $696.42 residual 67%, same MF
    Hi Car_man,

What would this exact lease look like with only 10,000 miles per year?

Thanks,

Bodotcom
    " would be happy to calculate a lease payment on this truck for you, icanfly. In October BMW is no longer running the special 22 month lease on this model so I will work up a 24 month lease for you. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 with an MSRP of $48,470 and a selling price of $44,000 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $462. "

Hi Car_man,

What would this exact lease (above) look like with only 10,000 miles per year? Also, are you able to estimate payments on the Mercedes ML350?

Thanks,

Bodotcom
  • sussansussan Member Posts: 17
    I am new to this board. What is BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor of .00185?
  • 8eight8eight Member Posts: 3
    I have negotiated a deal for a 2006 X5 3.0 with an MSRP of $56,720 for a 36 month lease with a money factor of 205 and a residual of 32.897 with 15,000 miles per year. Options include:
    Premium Pkg
    Sports Pkg
    Cold Weather
    Rear Climate
    Comfort
    Nav
    Premium Sound

They are offering $713 per month with nothing down (price to drive off is about $2000; 1st payment, tax, lic., etc)

I have a feeling this is no a great deal? What do you think is a fair monthly to shoot for?

Thx.
  • h2fanh2fan Member Posts: 27
    Hello Car_man,

In one of the previous posts you mentioned "When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that BMW is currently providing a solid $4,000 dealer cash on it." Is this also offered if I were to purchase the vehicle? Also, are there any incentives on CPO purchases?

Thanks
  • billmvbillmv Member Posts: 148
    Sussan.....the "buy rate money factor" is the "price" of the financing that a manufacturer provides to a dealer. The dealer can either use that same number to calculate your lease payment or they can mark it up, which allows them to make money off the financing. Obviously you want them to use the lower number....the (wholesale) rate at which the dealer "buys" the financing. If they mark it up then you pay retail for the product. Just like buying a shirt at Macys. They buy it at wholesale and sell it to you at retail.

This is one of the two main areas where a dealer will often try to make money on a deal. The other is the negotiated selling price, which becomes the basis for calculating your payment. Also, they often try to add a couple hundred dollars to the acquisition fee.
  • tenet1tenet1 Member Posts: 354
    I am looking for current lease residuals and money factors for a 24 month lease on a 2006 X5 3.0. Also, what are the current incentives on these vehicles to dealers from BMW?

Thanks
  • fergie3fergie3 Member Posts: 6
    Please help Car Man. I have talked to 2 dealers about leasing a new 2007 X5. They don't have the information yet, but here is what each salesman is speculating. #1, 61% residual and money factor of .00310. #2, 56% residual and money factor of .00325. One of the vehicles that I am considering has a MSRP of $54,340.00 and the other one lists for $52,745.00. I want a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles a year. What would be your best bet on which salesman is more likely to be right, and what would you think my monthly payment should be on the 2 vehicles I am considering. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • bu96bu96 Member Posts: 19
    Lease Man -- please help too. I am same situation as fergie3 but my MSRP is 59K. Dealer is supposed to split the profit for the dealership w/ me 50%. Using figures above, what range is reasonable. Thanks!!
    bu96 Has your dealer given you any guess on the residual and money factor?
  • bu96bu96 Member Posts: 19
    Fergie: my salesguy won't speculate b/c he is afraid he will be completely off. i had to contract 6 months ago b/c of my ending lease of my BMW 540 (BMW wouldn't extend my lease otherwise). the most he would say was he thought my payments would likely fall in the high $800s for 3 yrs 36K miles and about 3K drive off.
    Thanks for the additional information, bodotcom. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00185 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '06 X5 4.4i are .00150 and 70%. Lastly, the numbers for an identical lease of an '06 X5 4.8is are .00150 and 65%, respectively. When negotiating a lease on any of these trucks, make sure to take the dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on them into account. Specifically, BMW has $2,500 on the '06 X5 3.0i, $3,000 on the 4.4i, and $4,000 on the 4.8is. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings Andrew. BMW is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2006 X5 4.4i. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 X5 4.4i with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 ands 67%. This truck's 36 month money factor is the same, but its residual value for that term is 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dpeck1. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for it. This is always a good thing. Now let's take a look at the selling price that you were quoted. BMW is currently providing $3,000 dealer cash on the 2006 X5 4.4i. When this dealer cash is added back into the price that you were quoted for this truck, we arrive at $55,477. This amounts to a dealer discount of $2,978. A base 2007 X4 4.4i has a spread of just under $4,700 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. The price that you were quoted isn't bad, but if you are in an area of the country that has a decent level of competition, this late in the model year I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this deal by another couple hundred dollars. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • michml320michml320 Member Posts: 42
    Why are similarly equipped and priced 07 Audi Q7's being leased at, it looks, approx $700/month nothing down and it looks like the 07 X5's will be in the $800's 3yr/36k? I hope not.
    In addition to the previous questions I asked, I was also wondering if we should expect any discount at all on the 2007 X5's?
  • nyinlanyinla Member Posts: 4
    in the LA area, just leased an '06 x5 3.0 with premium pkg & navigation. MSRP $49,670, selling price $44,350. 24 month lease residual 69% money factor .00185 (returning BMW customer special rate), zero cap reduction. Drive off around $1700, monthly pmt of $613. Got two other dealers to $43,500, but needed the car asap. LA seems to have 2006 X5 3.0s with lots of options (ie., many had sport pkg & xenon).
    Welcome sussan. It sounds like you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In answer to your specific question a vehicle's money factor is used to calculate the interest portion of its monthly lease payment. One can convert a money factor into an approximate interest rate equivalent by multiplying it by 2400. The "buy rate" is the lowest possible money factor that is a available for a particular vehicle. It is important to know what your vehicle's buy rate is because dealers are allowed to mark-up banks' money factors to add additional hidden back-end profit to deals. Consumers who know what the buy rate is for the vehicle that they want can usually convince dealers not to mark it up.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 8eight. You never mentioned the selling price of the X5 that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the truck that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal, but it would be a big help if you let me know what its selling price is first.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Yes, h2fan, the dealer cash that BMW is providing on the 2006 X5 is available on purchases and leases. Specifically, it currently has $2,500 dealer cash on the '06 X5 3.0i, $3,000 on the 4.4i, and $4,000 on the 4.8is.

I do not personally follow CPO incentives very closely. In general, manufacturers sometimes offer special leases on CPO vehicles, but they rarely have cash incentives available on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tenet1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2006 X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 67%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that BMW is providing $2,500 dealer cash on it. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi fergie3. I don't believe that BMW has published a lease program for the 2007 X5 yet. When it does, it probably will not provide any lease support on it. If this is the case and you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services, you would have to use its standard lease money factor. The money factors that you were quoted are in line with what BMW FS' standard money factor is right now, the first one with the payment of a security deposit and the second one with the deposit waived.

I just crunched some numbers for you and according to my calculations, if you were to lease a truck with an MSRP of $54,340 and no discount, a money factor of .00310, and a residual value of 61% for 36 months, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $860. I believe that the 56% residual value that the other dealer mentioned is probably too low. Of course, only time will tell what BMW's lease program for this model is actually like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Oops...the selling price of the car is 51,600. MSRP is 56,120.
  • tenet1tenet1 Member Posts: 354
    CarMan do you have the new new lease numbers for the 2006 X5 for November, especially for the 3.0?

Any additional incentive on these vehicles?
    hi nyinla. I'd like to know the names of the two other dealers that were willing to sell the car for $43,500, and the dealer you bought from too. $6,170 off list seems pretty strong. What cities are they in?

Thanks!
    Thanks Car Man. Is that about the best money factor that BMW offers on X5's? My daughter just got 3.9% on a new 2007 Hummer.
  • auburn87auburn87 Member Posts: 2
    Wondering if someone can tell me if this lease rate is a good deal.

MSRP $54270
    Price $48700
    lease rate .00225

15K 3 yr. lease
    Residual 30391.20
    Monthly rate $797 $2200 in security depoosit title taxes.
  • stlacurastlacura Member Posts: 26
    I calculated based of your numbers and got a payment of $687 before taxes, with zero down. $110 is a pretty big difference. They are hiding some more money in the lease. Is there anything else added to that purchase price in the Cap Cost?
    Your lease rate (aka Money Factor) is too high. FOr the same car they should be able to get to at least .00205.
  • carman77471carman77471 Member Posts: 14
    Just saw a MF of less than .0020 Offered on same car!
    auburn87.....I got $705.30 pretax when I ran the numbers, assuming they included the bank fee at $625. Something is fishy. They're using 56% for their residual, but I don't know if that's correct. Don't have time to go back and see if that's a good number for November. If it is, then $705 is correct.
  • reeffreeff Member Posts: 5
    I'd like to get some feedback as to what to do on my X5 3.0 as the warranty will be ending in april of 2007.

I have two options:

- Purchase extended warranty : Who would you recommend I go through and what would it cost?

- Trade in/sell vehicle and obtain a lease on a X5.

It is my wife's vehicle and she would like a new X5 however I'm not sure what it would cost me. I reside in Naperville, Illinois.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
This discussion has been closed.