Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Cadillac CTS Lease Questions

Comments

• killermezokillermezo Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2013
    yeah im waiting, however i might change my mind to the dodge challenger, i test drove one and the v8 blew my mind... about $200 cheaper than the cts. however im worried about rwd and summer tires. the charger is even a better choice comes with a lot more options than the cts adaptive cruse control, collision warning, heated and cooled cup holders and only 340 a month! i dunno i'm really confused dunno what to choose, thank god i still have some time on my current lease... waiting for the auto show hopefully something catchs my eye. i also noticed that all the cts coups here in michigan esp around Detroit are driven by some old old old people... not sure if i dig that
  • mrcoupemrcoupe Member Posts: 27
    i wouldnt get real wheel drive ,, its nice to have the stability of all wheel drive esp in the rain or snow,,,i leased a 2007 cts rear wheel drive my wife couldnt get it up the drive way with a dusting of snow,, then in a rainstorm it almost hydroplaned into a guardrail,, when i first leased it i intended to buy it
    white diamond with a black interior,,, after the experiance in rain and snow we let it go,,, i now have a srx all wheel it a great car and u can feel it hugging the road,its an option to buy, its the same system as the cts... i saw some picks the new cts i think looks like the gm concept the front like the ciel
    the thing is if i dont make a move whats the interest rates in a year
  • mpnx2mpnx2 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to lease a 2013 CTS-V Sedan. Can someone help me with the residual? Is it still 53%. What kind of payments would I expect with 5k down and a tax rate of 8.25 and a sticker of about 72k? I am looking for a 39 month lease with15k miles.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I can help you mpnx2. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are 2.3% and 53%.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $2,690 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on 36-month leases of it.

I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing part or all of the money that they laid out if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher it's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • mpnx2mpnx2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice Car man. I did stumble upon your advice regarding the downpayment in an article here at Edmunds.com. I am working several dealers for numbers currently. Knowing of the 2690 incentive helps a bunch. Funny I didnt see that incentive listed on the Cadillac website.
    You're very welcome mpnx2. Good luck and make sure to stop back and let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    WHATS EVERYONE THINK OF THE NEW CTS ,,I DO LIKE THE FRONT AND THE INTERIOR ,,BUT I DONT LIKE THAT CADILLAC GOT RID OF SOME OF THE EDGENESS TO KEEP THE CHINESE HAPPY
    THE REAR END IS TO PLAIN
  • jdubyamnjdubyamn Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, thanks for all your helpful information on here. I'm looking at leasing a 2013 CTS-V Wagon. Looking at the manual transmission, which there aren't many out there so it would probably come from out of state.

I'm wondering what the lease rate and residual would be for 24 month or 36 month, 15k per year. I can put money down, but based on your previous post, it seems like the zero down is the best way to go.

Is there anything timing wise to be aware of? i.e. March, April
  • krikiterkrikiter Member Posts: 6
    jdubyamn,
    I'm sure Car_man will give you specifics, but as of a few weeks ago it was a 2.3% lease rate and 53% residual for 15k miles at 36 months. Be aware, there is no longer a 2% reduction in residual for manual trans, and that was new as of March, so make sure the dealer is aware (had to remind mine).

I had to do a build order to get the car I wanted, you might want to consider the same. The dealer I used sells a lot of Vs and drop ships them across the county. PM me for details if you're interested. As far as I know, they're still accepting orders for 2013MY.

BTW, I picked up my wagon last week. You will love this car, it's so much fun.
  • pinibopinibo Member Posts: 14
    Car man, I would appreciate your assistance. Looking at two vehicles. Audi 4 and Cadillac CTS Premium.

In this forum, I will ask only about the Caddy.

I have an MSRP of $50,530 and a price lower than invoice at $46,171.

Dealer IMR Contribution of $248.00 plus LMA Group Contribution of $496.00, plus tags and fees will be paid cash.

Looking for a 24 month lease. 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year. Could you give me a ball park figure of possible monthly payments?

Taxes in Florida of 6.5% (county .5%) would be applied on first $5,000 and 6% would apply on the balance. Should the tax be paid cash or added to the monthly payment?

Thanks

pinibo
    do u think gm will put some money in the 2 yr lease on the cts coupe like they did last april ?
    righr now its just not enough,,, thanks regards happy holiday mr coupe by the way did u make it out to the car show
    You're welcome jdubyamn. There definitely isn't many CTS-V Wagons with manual transmissions out there.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 62%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 2.3% and 53%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,690 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this vehicle through Ally.

These programs are scheduled to run through April 30th, but it is possible that GM might revise them for April. Feel free to check back later this week and I can let you know if there is any changes.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi pinibo. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Cadillac CTS Sedan that has an MSRP of $50,530 and a selling price of $46,171 through Ally right now for 24-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $610.

The payment for an otherwise identical lease with 10,000 miles per year would be $589.

Most people roll the sales tax into their payment in states where they are allowed to.

Car_man
    Host
  • pinibopinibo Member Posts: 14
    Thanks, Car man. I think I'll pass on this dealer.

This is what I was have offered:

Here is the information you requested.

Both are 10,000 mile per year leases.

Both are based with $1891.77 down

24 x $653.44 Plus tax

36 x $582.46 Plus tax

Please let me know which one you would like and what day and time you would like to pick it up.
    NO ACTIVITY HERE WHAT HAPPENED
  • krikiterkrikiter Member Posts: 6
    Maybe the ALL CAPS and lack of punctuation made everyone think you were yelling at them, so they decided not to come back. Just sayin'.
    how is this .... maybe everyone is waiting till May ,or the new body style
    hi car man,, i wanted check in and see the offer on the cts coupe 36 month and 24 month
    has gm sweetened the deals and rebates thank you
  • legion455legion455 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Hi All,...
    I need some help, ... (or send me some vasoline for when I go to the Dealer ! :(

Trade-In 2010 CTS Sedan, Red, Performance, Nav, Ultraroof, 18" polished, 33K Miles, excellent condition. I owe Ally 19,888 ... Dealer wants to give me $24,00 trade-in.

Car I want to Lease: CTS Coupe, White, Sunroof, Premium = msrp $50,740
    for a purchase dealer said he would discount $2386 to invoice, $2000 rebate from Cadillac)

Would this also apply to a lease? plus what is the lease rate? and residual? and how would I figure out the payment for a 36 mo lease (15,000 per yr)? (I live in Indiana = 7% tax rate)(Dealer in Ky) or what should I be looking for (mindful of) when I go to dealer?

thanks for any help!!!!
    Allen
    Just talked to my dealer ...
    they're saying lease rate on the White CTS Coupe is 2.4%, and residual is 56%
    with a trade-in allowance of $4111 will make for a $526/mo on a 3 yr 15,000 per year lease.

Does this sound correct?
    Allen
  • jd00510jd00510 Member Posts: 15
    What did the lease calculator say when you plugged the above numbers in? Were you in the same ballpark?

Sounds awfully high to me. Didn't you say they offered you like 20k for your trade?
    those numbers sound very high ,,how much is the car ,,and what are the total rebates on car also your putting over 4000 down with the trade in find another dealer dont mention the trade in find out deal then bring trade in into equasion into the # s
    I've been trying to understand all of this ... so far ...

Auto Leasing: Monthly payment is sum of 3 items:
    1. Depreciation Payment
    2. Finance Charge
    3. Taxes

Depreciation payment = [(Net Cap Cost) - (Residual Value)] / Term of lease (months)
    Residual value = MSRP x (residual percentage) [In my case: MSRP = $50,740 residual = .56]
    Residual Value = $50,740 x .56 = $28,414.40 (cars value at the end of the lease)

Net Cap Cost = [MSRP] - [Down Payment or Trade-in Value] - [Dealer Discounts off of MSRP] - [Manufacturer Rebates] + [other fees]
    In my Case: Net Cap Cost = $50,740 [MSRP] - $4111 [trade-in] - $2633 [Dealer Discount] - $2800 [GM Lease Rebate] + $1250 [*1st payment, prep, etc]
    * Dealer said even thou I had a trade in, there was a Downpayment of 1st months lease, prep, maybe profit & other fees ,, so I told them to include it in the lease)

Net Cap Cost = $42,446 so ...
    1. Depreciation payment = $42,446 [net cap cost] - $28,414.40 [residual] / 36 [3yr lease] = $389.70

2. Monthly Finance Charge = [ $42,446 [Net Cap Cost] + $28,414.40 [Residual Value] ] * .001 [Money Factor [= 2.4% [Lease Rate] / 2400]]
    Monthly Finance Charge = $70.86

3. Sales Tax payment = [Depreciation Paymt + Finance Charge * Indiana Tax rate = .07] = $32.24

$389.70 + $70.86 + $32.24 = $492.80, monthly lease payment.

They quoted me $525/mo ... so, ... when I go in tomorrow to pickup car,... I'll have to figure out what the difference is.

Yep, I better take some Vasoline with me ....

Allen
    Hi mrcoupe. I think that the lease program is about the same in May as it was in April.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 65%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.9% and 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,300 cash incentive on 24-month and $2,800 on 36-month leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Allen. The $2,000 dealer cash is not available on leases of this car, but there is an even better $2,800 cash incentive on 36-month leases.

Please see my previous post for the lease information that you're looking for.

There's nothing wrong with trading in your current vehicle when leasing a new one, however you should have the dealer cut you a check for any equity that you have in your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey there, thanks for the post... you said:

36-month lease are 1.9% and 55%.

But, my dealer told me on the CTS Coupe 2013,... it was 2.4% lease rate and 56%. (ally) (36 months)

How do I find out what's really true? I'm supposed to go back tomorrow afternoon to sign and get the car.

Confused in Louisville .... Allen (and my credit score is almost 800!)
    what a diff 1 year makes the deals were better last year at this point guess car sales are good,,,,the lease on my srx i up and i really though i would see some better numbers,,so far
    i am at 515 1300 out of pocket premium w nav crome rims awd 52.640 coupe
    edited May 2013
    You guys talking about "taking vasoline to the dealer" ... I just have a question.

wtf?

Why don't you stand up to the dealer, figure out exactly where their numbers are coming from - as in that last case, figure out where that extra $30-40 a mo is coming from and if you don't agree with it, NEGOTIATE. OR WALK! Find another dealer that won't d!ck around. Seriously, it's so sad to see you all talk about things like you're being held hostage by the dealers and seemingly are just spectators in this process.

On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't complain since all you people that overpay allow me to negotiate much better deals.
    Found out that the 1.9% lease rate is for the CTS V Coupe and the 2.4% is for the regular Coupe.

Got the car,... $520 and change. I didn't like the $795 acquisition fee,.. but.. other than that.
    hello how are you i got quoted a premium for 513 52640 awd,,nav crome rims 1300 down does that sound good i might wait till memorial day ,,they usually get better
  • wfk21wfk21 Member Posts: 8
    I'm located in south Florida, was just quoted the following terms;

- 39 months
    - 12,000 miles per year
    - $579/month includes tax
    - Out of pocket at signing will be first payment and title

MSRP = $45,595

On a side note, I'm currently trading in my 2010 CTS Sedan which has three lease payments remaining so the dealer said as part of the deal they would pay off the remaining three payments.

Is this a good deal?
  • srxguy_phoenixsrxguy_phoenix Member Posts: 3
    Could I get the lease factors and incentives offered on a base and luxury sportwagon 36 months, 12000mi/yr.
    Hi srxguy_phoenix. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS Wagon with 12,000 miles per year are 2.3% and 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,690 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • kapkanimdkapkanimd Member Posts: 136
    Car_man,

do you have the June residuals and MF for the CTS coupe for 24mo and 12kmi? Also, Edmunds doesn't show any rebates, but do you know of any? Thanks in advance.
  • wfk21wfk21 Member Posts: 8
    Just inked the deal last week, would like to know what Car Man thinks, it took several weeks of back and forth and many emails to get the deal done, but in the end I'm very happy. This car kicks [non-permissible content removed], period. I was a returning Ally customer with a credit score well into the 800s. I came into the deal with a $1,000 allowance from Ally. The dealer paid my last two payments on my 2010 CTS Sedan I was turning in early and also paid my first payment/title fee on the new car.

Gross Capitalized Cost: $48,214.49
    Capitalized Cost Reduction: ($4,800) - None of this came of my pocket all dealer paid!
    Adjusted Capitalized Cost: $43,414.49
    Residual Value: $26,101.60

Total Rebates and noncash credits = $5,926.87 all dealer/Ally/GM paid, I walked in with one set of keys and an hour later walked out with another set and didn't pay anything out of pocket.

Included in the deal was a $599 Smartlease Protect Plan (protects against excess wear and tear) and a $50 prepaid Visa gift card.

Terms:
    39 month lease
    12,000 miles per year

Payment:
    Base $534.91
    Tax $32.09
    Total: $567.00
    That sounds like a pretty decent deal to me. About as low as I've seen it anyway. Where did you get the deal?
    Hi kapkanimd. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 CTS Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 67%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,300 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally. There's another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car to the current owners of select competitive models.

Car_man
    Host
  • spamcatcherspamcatcher Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease a 2013 Cadillac CTS Sedan AWD Luxury or a 2013 Cadillac ATS AWD Luxury, both with no other options. I would like a 10k/24mo, 12k/24mo, or 12k/36mo. I am eligible for GMS but I am not eligible for Conquest. I keep getting numbers back varying by as much as $90/month and most are reluctant to share the "real" numbers.

I'm also considering an 2013 Equinox AWD LT 4 cylinder with no options but the Chevy dealerships seem to be more straightforward.

I have never leased before and find it way more confusing than purchasing.

Help?

Thanks
    -Brian
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    You are lucky if you have enough Cadillac dealers nearby to compare numbers and even luckier if they all have the car you want.

If you are going to lease, they will have to show you the numbers on the lease agreement, at least the cap cost, cap reduction, residual, tax. If something looks wrong, don't sign it.

The varying numbers means one dealer is discounting more, unless one is basing it on 10k and another on 12k. One might be $0 down another might be $2000 down. A down payment lowers your lease payment, but doesn't save any significant amount of $.

Chevy is probably more used to competing against other dealers.

Leasing is OK if you generally trade every 2-3 years anyway. If you buy, usually the next trade-in will be offered at less than the residual would have been. The first lease works very well, if you have a trade that pays for most of the lease.
    JUST TURNED MY SRX LEASE IN END OF JUNE,,
    HI CARMAN ARE THE DEALS ANY BETTER ON THE CTS COUPE,, I HAD HOPED THE 2YR LEASE GOT BETTER,, 2YR AND 3 YR WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS AND REBATES THANX FOR ALL YOUR HELP,,,,SEEMS THE CAR COMPANYS ARE SHRINKING THE REBATES AND INCENTIVES ALSO NOT SEEING ANY ACTIVITY ON THE CTS FORUM GUESS THEY ARE WAITING FOR NEW ONE
    Greetings to the appropriately named mrcoupe. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are 3.25% and 65%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.35% and 55%.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,670 cash incentive on leases of this car plus another $1,000 loyalty for current lessees of GM vehicles.

CTS sales are way down over the past year. I think that has a lot to do with the introduction of the ATS and XTS stealing sales from it.

Car_man
    Host
    just a guess but I think the new cts will also hurt xts sales
    Hi, What is the residual percent on a 2013 CTS Coupe Performance,
    for 10,000, 12,000 and 15,000 miles?

Residual %% is based on MSRP. If there are dealer installed options, like grill, stripe, wheels, etc, will the residual then become the %% of the new higher dealer list price? Thanks!
  • moesawadmoesawad Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Im looking to lease a 2013 Cadillac CTS coupe standard AWD for 36 months @ 10,000 miles/year. CarMan could you provide me the numbers and rebates for this vehicle in July? Thanks.
  • colslickcolslick Member Posts: 29
    Hi CarMan,
    Thanks for all your help/insight. Could you give me the Jul MF/RES for A CTS Sedan RWD at 24 and 36 months with 12K miles. Thanks.
    Artmbgolf, Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe Performance with 15,000 miles per year are 0.35% and 55%.

The resids for 12k are 2% and for 10k are 3% higher.

The residuals are based upon a % of MSRP + factory-installed options. You night not be able to residualize dealer-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi moesawad. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Cadillac CTS Coupe Standard AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 0.35% and 58%.

GM is currently providing a $3,670 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi colslick. Ally's July base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 CTS Sedan RWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.20% and 64%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 0.60% and 55%.

GM is providing a $3,500 cash incentive on leases of this car at this time.

Car_man
    Host
    When you say IE that GM or Ally is providing $3,500 cash incentive for a lease of this car, is that in Addition to any rebate that is offered?

Is that Lease $$$ there for the dealer to use as extra profit or opt to pass some/all of it to the buyer or does that become part of the standard lease deal if we didn't know about it. On GM websites, they list Rebates and if special low financing, but never the Lease Cash. Thanks!
  • holdmyownholdmyown Member Posts: 12
    So this was my offer today, I know you guys like the MSRP, discount, etc, don't have those figures but here's the deal:

MSRP $52,640.00

$1200 down
    15k/year
    $496/month
    36 month lease

Would have probably taken that, but have 4 payments left on Infiniti, and there was no equity for Cadillac to buy it from me.

Thoughts? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.