Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Lease Questions

Comments

• monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Seems like a pretty decent price to me. What was the MSRP? 56,300? If so, the GMS employee pricing is $49,494 so you're getting a car close to employee price. What rebates are there for 3K? Marketing support? Also, what's your monthly payment come out to, including sales tax for that deal?
  • hanoverkenhanoverken Member Posts: 30
    I think the MSRP was $56,205. I was really focused on the cap cost only. The GM supplier pricing is for purchases, unless I misunderstood. They have a lease deal, but this one is better than that.

Payment is $727 if I pay the $670 acquisition up front, $747 if I roll it into the cap cost.

I got responses from about 10 dealers and this is the best so far.

Anyone out there get better numbers?

Thanks,

Ken
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Those numbers appear very consistent. I structured two Yukon leases last month based on the same program GM is still running now. Although the lease rate is slightly high, the 59% residual (39 mo.) and aggressive cap cost make this a fairly decent deal, especially since you're allowed 15k-mi/yr.

The only downside to this lease is the inflated residual value, especially if you're thinking about buying out at lease-end. No way in heck that truck will hold 60% after 39 months! If not, keep within your mileage, enjoy the ride and hand 'em the keys at the end.

Good Luck!
  • franco16franco16 Member Posts: 8
    Hey guys, I'm working on a deal right now that includes a fully loaded Denali with the sun ent. system and 20" wheels. They want 686/mo with $1800 out of pocket for a 39/mo lease. They are quoting me an invoice price of 54,674, residual is 62% and money factor is 8.7%. I really want to be between 500-600/mo on the lease price. What do I need to do to be there? Also the edmunds TMV invoice is showing
    $51,000, that should help right?
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    franco16 - What dealer are you working with? If you need more help, please feel free to email me or reply.
    I'd rather not say the dealer's name. The dealer has been pretty straight forward with many things. However, I had to figure out most on my own. I'm trying to get my payments to where I need them to be. Any suggestions on how to get there?
    Hey ocautoseeker, Thanks for the reply but for some reason I was not able to view the whole reply. Would you mind contacting me again? I don't think the dealership checked other lenders, but I will inquire. I really want my monthly lease numbers to be between 500-600/mo. with the nothing down just inception fees. I did see an earlier post that said you can view the invoice of the truck online. Is that still possible?
  • mrcrmrcr Member Posts: 5
    Hi. I am looking to lease a Denali XL in SoCal. Does anyone know the current money factor, residual for 36 or 39 months and what a good negotiated price is right now?

Thanks.

Rick
    I just saw your post. The residual looks about right. What is the msrp? The money factor looks real high. Can I assume that these are all current numbers?
    Hey mrcr,

the money factor I had quoted to me was 61%, and lease deal was for 39 mos. I am negotiating a deal right now in NJ, and so far I'm getting quoted $1800 inception fees and approx 680/mo. I really want my monthly to be about 580/mo. Based on what I'm currently paying for my BMW X5, I expect to get my lease price. I hope this was helpful. Let me know what you find out.
    The msrp that was quoted to me was approx. $55k, Edmunds had it posted at 49K and change. I'm still trying to work on that. See my previous post for the money factor.
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Hi carman,
    wondering what the rates are for a 2008 AWD Denali XL for 24 months with 10k miles?
    thanks!
  • xogradyxogrady Member Posts: 19
    does anyone know if the current incentives might be extended into march?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here's the info that you're looking for, Rick. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 60%, respectively. The lease rate would be the same for a 39 month lease, but its residual value would be 1% lower. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual values would be 3% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors introduced on it mid-month into account. The market for large SUVs like this is pretty soft right now. If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 under dealer invoice, after taking the bonus cash into account. You can look up this truck's exact dealer invoice price, by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi monkeyshift. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali with 10,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 70%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 bonus cash that General Motors introduced on it mid-month.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi xogrady. General Motors' current lease program on the GMC Yukon is scheduled to run through March 3rd, but the $1,000 President's Day bonus cash that GM introduced on it mid-month is only scheduled to run through February 29th. If I was in the market for a Yukon in the near future, I personally would pull the trigger on one before the bonus cash expired. It is difficult to say what GM's incentives will be like on it in March.

Car_man
    Host
  • xogradyxogrady Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Car_Man. Do you have the interest rate and residual for the non-Denali yukon for 36 months for 10k miles/year? tks.
  • aonicaonic Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man

I'm in the market for leasing a 08 Yukon Denali, the one I was quoted for had an invoice price of 51K, I was quoted 64% resid on a 10K mile / yr lease for 39 months, the interest was 8.2% and the monthly was $656/m with 3K down

Does this sound like a good deal? Should the interest be 7.2% going by the current rate?
  • utbanditutbandit Member Posts: 2
    Car Man,

I am eligible for GMS and got the right residual, but was quoted 9.2% as the GMAC money rate. Did the rate change or do I need to fight for the lower rate?

FYI I am still getting the $1000 President's Day cash.
  • penn2penn2 Member Posts: 128
    Car_man

What has changed since your late February post?

Specifically, MF and residual for Denali (not XL) @ 36 mos/12K yr.?

Thank you!!
    Car Man,

The deal I was making in Feb. fell through, because the salesman is no longer with the dealership. I tried sending our e-mail discussions but the new salesperson is denying any such deal and now quoting me a ridiculous price at 1629 inception fees and 832/mo 39 mos. with 12K miles.

I fortunately have time before my current lease is up, I am contacting other dealers now. The old dealership told me that the cash incentives posted on Edmunds are for purchases only and not for leases. I don't know if I am reading the info correctly, but it appears to specifically state cannot be applied to 0% financing deals. Which to me tells me that we can apply it to a lease. Do you have any recommendations for me at this time?

Frustrated now in NJ..........
  • go8go8 Member Posts: 58
    Generally in the past the GM cash incentive cannot be applied on a lease deal.
    I'm finding out the lease deals are not very enticing right now. The numbers have gone up from 650 to 832/mo. I'm sure I can probably get them down a bit but not much. I have some time before my current lease is up. I'm hoping that the numbers change for next month. sorry to be such a downer, but I've been on this lease for months now.
  • steveeb1steveeb1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I am currently looking for a new car and the best lease prices. i was wondering if anyone knows about these lease brokers and if they are legit. They seem to have become very popular and i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with one. they claim to have the lowest prices.

thanks
    steve
    Hey Steveeb1,

What lease brokers are you speaking of. Can you give me some names so I can check them out?
    Here's the info that you're looking for, xogrady. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon with 10,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 65%, respectively. General Motors is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck to current owners and lessees of GM vehicles. If you are eligible for it, make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi aonic. I see that you are considering making a $3,000 down payment on the truck that you want to lease. I always advise community members against making large down payments on leases. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2008 GMC Yukon Denali is 7.2%. You may be required to make a security deposit on your lease to get this rate though. Make sure that the dealer uses the 7.2% rate instead of the 8.2% rate that you were quoted. Seven percent interest is bad enough compared to the average interest rate on car loans today, there's no need to pay an even higher rate than that.

In your post you mentioned this truck's dealer invoice price. What was its selling price? The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Try to negotiate a selling price that is as close to invoice as possible. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, you shouldn't have much trouble finding a dealer that is willing to lease you this truck for less than $1,000 over invoice, given the slow market that we are in right now and the high price of gas.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey utbandit. You definitely need to fight for the 7.2% lease rate. Nine percent interest is nuts, given the current level of interest rates. The dealer is likely trying to make additional back-end money on your deal by marking your rate up. You can always shop around if this dealer isn't willing to work with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey penn2. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali with 12,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 63%, respectively. If you are a current owner or lessee of a GM product, make sure to take the new $1,000 loyalty.cash incentive that is available on leases of this truck into account when negotiating your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    You're right, franco16. General Motors' lease program on the GMC Yukon is not very good. If I was in the market for one, I personally would take advantage of the special financing offers that are available on it instead of the lease program. In March, GM was offering 0% financing for up to 5 years on this truck and in April is has 2.9% for up to 6 years.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello Steve. In my experience, brokers like the one that you mentioned really don't bring anything to the table that a savvy consumer who some some comparison shopping could do on their own, other than another party that has to profit from your deal. There's nothing wrong with using a broker if you don't have the time to shop around on your own or if you are inclined to pay someone to shop for you, but using one is unlikely to get you a better deal than you could get on your own.

Car_man
    Host
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    just came from my GMC dealer and got the following #'s and want to know what you guys think.

MSRP: 56315
    Cap Cost: 51936 (GMS pricing)
    Cap Cost Reduction (GM loyalty discount): 1000
    Interest Rate: 7.2
    Sales Tax: 7%

I calculated the following prices for a 12,000 miles/year lease with no money down (just paying first payment, bank fees, motor vehicle fees, etc. up front - probably just under $2000):

36 months (63% residual): $736.87
    30 months (64% residual): $810.46
    24 months (68% residual): $850.09

For 10,000 miles/year it looks like this:
    36 months (65% residual): $706.99
    30 months (66% residual): $773.91
    24 months (70% residual): $803.47

What do you guys think of this? Should I try beating them up to get pricing even lower than GMS or is that about as low as I'm going to realistically get?
  • titlemantitleman Member Posts: 3
    That deal seems pretty good to me I have been looking around in Northern NJ and haven't been able to get that good of a deal. I have been quoted $745 with $3200 down for teh 36 month lease. Can I ask what dealer youa re going through?
  • psywzrdpsywzrd Member Posts: 35
    I'd rather not say in public (you can pm me or email me if you want) but it has nothing to do with the dealer (I'm in Central NJ though). Do you have a GM Friends and Family certificate? If not, get one because that's what I'm using. Once you have that, there's really no negotiating necessary unless you want to try to get them to go even lower on the selling price of the car. Almost all dealers accept them and the selling price is predetermined by GM. I don't even know if they will go lower than the supplier pricing that the certificate gets you but I may give it a shot to save myself a few extra bucks.
    Thank you Car_man for providing updated information...

On other question - as I priced the vehicle through Edmunds and looked into available incentives on the pricing page, it indicates that the cash is $2K, not 1K for loyalty cash incentive

Has something changed? Meaning, the $2K is out of date or is that the latest and greatest?

Thanks!
    You're very welcome, penn2. The owner loyalty cash offer is $2,000 for cash purchases and only $1,000 on leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man

thanks for response --

Curious, though, if anything changed from April to May ...for the positive

Specifically - MF -- it was @ 7.2% on 36mos/12k mi lease in April. Has that improved? How about financing?

Also, in addition to the loyalty rebate/incentive, what else is currently available in May? At one time in April, one dealer was offering up to $6K in combined incentives

Thanks
    You're very welcome, penn2. The Yukon's lease rate is still 7.2% in May. Unfortunately, I do not believe that General Motors is providing any cash incentives on the Yukon right now, other than the $1,000 owner loyalty / conquest offer on leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • chris7469chris7469 Member Posts: 4
    I posted a similar message on the wrong forum.

I just leased a 2008 White Denali in April with a sticker of 59,700 for $782.13 per month including NJ Sales Tax. Total upfront costs were $2,840, however that only covered me for 3 yrs and 36,000 miles. Included in that $2,840 was a $500 additional upfront payment for a bumper to bumper warranty for the extra 3 months and 9,000 miles. There is a refundable $800 security deposit and no disposition fee.

Its a 39 month lease with 15,000 miles per year through GMAC.

The truck is loaded with the dual DVDs, Touch Nav, retractable running boards, 20in wheels. We love it.

It was in Central NJ and the dealer experience was excellent.

After shopping around, for the mileage and options I think we got a good deal.

What do you think?

Thanks. CM
    Appears to be a good deal!

Recieved comparitively similar attractive deal on Stealth Gray/Ebony Denali just leased

MSRP 56,315
    Options were Sun/Ent/Dest and 20" wheels, heated steering wheel

12k/39 mos

$650.45/mo all inclusive

Nothing down

first mos payment + $94 (tag) due at signing

So, between your deal and this one they clearly are looking to move Denali's off lot
    Does anyone know what the June money factor and residual is for 36 month 10k per year on a Denali XL? I am also looking for a good contact in so cal.

Thanks everyone.

Rick
    Here's the latest info for you, Rick. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali XL with 10,000 miles per year are 7.2% and 65%, respectively. As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoss3hoss3 Member Posts: 7
    Carman,

I dont think anyone posts that much on Envoys..

can you offer anyhelp?

please see below and thanks....

What is GMC current money factor for the Envoy?

looking to lease a SLT version

Live in the Youngstown Ohio Market

12K miles 39 months...

anyone have any idea what the payment should be

no nav.. no entertainment system

but we do want running boards...

SOS please help!

also what is GMC Money factor and percent of resudual?
  • godstheregodsthere Member Posts: 3
    I really wanted to buy my smartbuy at the end. Two years from now. The purchase price would be $29,000 which includes tax, but now these trucks are not worth that today. I'm hoping to buy one like mine for $16,500 in two years.
    Here's the info that you're looking for, hoss3. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 GMC Envoy with 12,000 miles per year are an unattractive 7.55% and 56%, respectively. If you provide the exact MSRP and selling price of the Envoy that you're interested in, I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will be happy to work up a lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • the_big_guythe_big_guy Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a lease on a 2008 GMC Denali. I have located one and would like to get a guestimate on the payment on a 24 mos. lease, with 15K miles. I am eligible for GMS Pricing, currently have a Silverado that I am going to trade ($5,000 loyalty cash available), and I believe that the bonus cash on a lease is ($1,000).... if that is correct, I am eligible for $6,000.00 off the GMS Price of $43,801.00 (MSRP on the vehicle is $49,380). If someone can lend a hand on the expected payment, I would appreciate it..... Thanks in advance for any help, insight on what I can work with, going into the dealer!
    Hi the_big_guy. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 GMC Yukon Denali that has an MSRP of $49,380 and a selling price of $37,801 (GMS - $6,000) through GMAC right now for 24 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $410. Wow, that's a lot lower than I expected it to be.

Car_man
    Host
  • irishrogue1irishrogue1 Member Posts: 127
    can you please post the rates and residuals for '08 suburbans/yukon denalis for 36 and 39 mos at 12 and 15k miles. thanks.
  • fbonifboni Member Posts: 3
    Dear Chris,

Just picked up my 2008 Yukon SLT with everything the Denali has, nav, heated seats, dual dvd's, 20' chrome wheels and chrome package, electric tailgate, heated washer fluid onstart and xmradio for a year, 10k miles per year, 39 month $2481 total out of pocket and this included first months payment. you may not have gotten the best deal. I research it for 3 months while my exisiting lease was expiring.
    I could have had the Escalade loaded to the gilles for $3450 total our of pocket, 10k, and $699 for 39 months.

I went with the yukon cuase i bascially got everything the cadi had in it for almost 200 per month less.
  • fbonifboni Member Posts: 3
    sorry Chris, my lease is $515 per month, left that off Long Island New York
This discussion has been closed.