Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover Range Rover Sport Lease Questions

Comments

• roverboyroverboy Member Posts: 26
    I agree that you should put 5k down and extend the lease for a year. the sweet spots are usually around 30-36 month leases. But the thing that people get screwed on is that they don't treat their down payment as part of their monthly payments. and they don't factor in tax. You have to realize that a down payment is essentially amortized over the life of the lease, plus you lose interest on that 5k that you would get if you invested it for 3 years instead. that's why you should try to make smaller down payments even if the monthly price goes up. does the $823 include tax?

and take a look at swapalease. they are ads from DEALERS, and then you call the dealer. it's better than any deal you'll get.
  • jsd39jsd39 Member Posts: 5
    Yes, the $823 includes both sales and property tax. I checked on swapalease and called one dealer, and its deal was actually very close to this one if you add in the property tax.
  • chop4chop4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market to either buy a 2008 range rover sport or lease. i'm confused to which makes more finacial sense. these dealers do not seem to want to make any kind of deals on these cars. what price would be a good deal on a 2008 standard sport or would a 2008 lux be a better choice. buy or lease? this car really comes without any extras. racks, tow hitch...etc. what to do to get a good deal. would it be benefical for me to get a 2007 if i could find one?
  • confused11confused11 Member Posts: 5
    I was offered RRS w/ lux and rear entertainment (MSRP 64,400) for 3.5k off. I have the coupon that i got in email a few days ago for another 1.5k off. should i go for it or look around a bit more? thanks
  • uecuec Member Posts: 10
    Greetings Car_Man,

Could you please share any residuals and money factors for 2008 RRS 36mo & 48mo with 15,000 mi/yr with Land Rover financial and US Bank if possible.

Thanks a lot!
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    What's the difference between going through the dealership and car leasing companies? They say they offer better deals. Does anyone have any experience leasing through one of these companies?

i.e ( http://www.phillipsautoleasing.com/ )

- Thanks
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    jbratx - Car leasing companies typically receive lower prices due to strong relationships, knowledge of all rates, residuals, and incentives, and higher volumes. Do your research, visit the dealer, and then give a leasing company such as www.yourautoadvisors.com a call. You really have nothing to lose.
  • oliie67oliie67 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for prices that are currently being paid for 2008 RRSC Full Size. There is only one dealer in San Diego...and they use that and not deal. Besides they have limited availability of any RRSC F/S anyway and no demo vehicle...lame! I am prepared to have a vehicle shipped from anywhere in the US if I can get good enough deal. Southern Cal dealers really are not interested in any kind of dealing for these cars...or perhaps I am just a bad at trying...could be. If anyone knows of dealers that will deal I would be very grateful. Just found this site...some very good information here. Thanks.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    oliie67 - It is difficult to find a 2008 RRSC F/S. Are you looking to lease or purchase? If you need more help, please feel free to email me or reply.
  • emepsteinemepstein Member Posts: 2
    My wife wants a Range Rover Sport (basic model not supercharged). What is the current residual and money factor on a 36 month lease at 15,000 miles per year? Also, is the residual figured on the MSRP or on the actual price you pay. Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi emepstein. Here's the information that you're looking for. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00275 and 52%, respectively. Vehicles' residual values are calculated using their full MSRPs plus the MSRPs of any factory-installed options.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17
    Guys,
    I am in the market looking at RRS & RRSS for 24 months with 15k/yr.

The best price I have are as follows:
    1. RRS - MSRP ($64,900) - dealer discounting it to $60,900 - $1053
    2. RRSS - MSRP ($74500) - dealer discounting it to $70,500 - $1251

For both I am paying just the first month's payment and the monthly includes taxes.

Should I be looking at details such as money factor and I am also considering buying the car at the end of the lease what should that price be?

Thanks
    Hi alwaysarookie. You were smart to find out the selling prices of the trucks that you are interested in. Many consumers forget that the selling prices of leased vehicle are negotiable and just focus on the payment. It definitely wouldn't hurt to find out what money factor the dealer is using to calculate your monthly payment. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE is .00224. The number for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Range Rover Sport Supercharged is .00283. If the dealer tries to use higher money factors than these to calculate your lease payment, they are likely trying to mark-up your truck's money factor to add additional, hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    So this is what I was able to work out:

Range Rover Sport for $999 a month/12k miles/yr with $1500 out of pocket and 24 month lease.
    Ranger Rover Sport Supercharged for $1099 a month/12k miles/yr with $2000 out of pocket and 36 month lease.

Now which one should I go for? I test drove both last evening and Supercharged def handles better and the pickup is just amazing but does not come with Rear Entertainment and stuff. Just base Supercharged and on the other hand, the regular one is not bad and comes with Rear Entertainment, Luxury and Sirius. So which one to go for?
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    why do you want to spend so much money per month on a POS you won't
    own? damn. this economy sucks, gas is high, get something more
    reasonable and fuel efficient for less money.
  • donchardonchar Member Posts: 56
    the Sport Super sounds like a decent deal, what capitalized cost, money factor and residual were you quoted? was is from US Bank or Landrover capital?
  • current1current1 Member Posts: 1
    Carman,

I was wondering if the Land Rover Financial lease money factors and residuals have changed since your 11/26/07 post, and if so, what they currently are for 24, 30, & 36 months leases with 10.5K, 12K, & 15K allowed miles?

Thanks
  • jbratxjbratx Member Posts: 40
    Does anyone know when the 2009s will be available?
  • mrchilimrchili Member Posts: 17
    Hey Carman,

Does this deal look good or can I still negotiate????

$54,995* ON 2008 RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE
    $699* LEASE FOR 24 months $0 down if current LR owner
    10500 miles year

Could you fill me in on the Lease factor and Residual for a Sport??

Thanks
    Mr Chili

Here is my insight on it:
    I went with the RRS MSRP of $64500 - $999/month $2k out of pocket (tax, title etc) 12k miles a year

From the MSRP prespective I looked at a few other cars:
    - I negotiated at $54,000 BMW down to $1500 out of pocket and $579 a month (including Taxes)
    - Audi Q7 $55,000 - $849/month for 24 months
    BMW has the best 24 month lease while Audi has the best 36 months. If the quote you are getting is the ad special you might be able to break it down a bit more.
  • jimmyj4jimmyj4 Member Posts: 4
    Depending on when the 2009 RRS models are released, is it worth waiting a couple of months to see if I can cut a better deal than: $681/month all in with $5k down or $779/month all in with $3k down on a 24 month lease with 12k miles per year. I can take advantage of the $2k loyalty incentive now, but I don't NEED to get something until July. What is the consensus - are deals going to get better based on economy and season, or will supply shrink and deals like this dry up? Any thoughts appreciated...
    Here you go, current1. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00224 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 27 month lease are .00245 and 59%. Its 36 month numbers are .00260 and 53%. Its 10,500 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than this and its 12,000 mile per resids are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mrchili. Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 10,500 miles per year are .00224 and 69%, respectively.

The lease that you mentioned in your post looks like an official Land Rover advertised payment. Most manufacturers' advertised lease payments leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. If this is an official advertisement, I suspect that you will be able to negotiate a lower selling price than the one that was used to calculate this payment...assuming that you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
  • rollashowrollashow Member Posts: 1
    Looking to purchase a pre-owned 2008 Range Rover HSE - Landrover dealer offering 973.00 a month. This car has 7000k miles Luxury package with rear entertainment. Not happy with the selling price how much should I negotiate off.
    At the same dealer they are offering me for a brand New 2008 Range Rover HSE - they are offering me 2008 with luxury package for $1078 (selling price 59400, 36 months, 12,000 miles).
  • mrchilimrchili Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Carman, turns out that ad was for a specific vin only....this is the deal their offering me, let me know what you think.....

new 2008 RRS w/lux pkg
    msrp-$62400
    sale px - $58604 (invoice according to them is $57804)
    $2995 current LR owners (they say Edmunds $2k is wrong)
    so my cap cost would be $55604
    all fee's and tax would be $3300
    monthly pyt $743.83 for 2yr lease w/10500 miles-
    (assuming I pay the $3300 upfront)
    They confirmed Res-69% & Lease factor of .00224

I told them I have a LR coupon for $1500 but they said it can't be combined with $2995 incentive (even though Edmunds $2k incentive says it can be combined)

any comments?
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    Its really a 3,000 dollar owner loyalty incentive and no it can't be combined with the LR coupon. I don't see why they would say it is 2995 that just sounds fake.
  • user124user124 Member Posts: 5
    Can someone please confirm the $3,000 and whether it applies to non-Land Rover finance leases? I got a note from my dealer saying it was $2000 for RRS or FFFR, and $1500 for LR3. My RRS lease is up in 3 weeks.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    It is 3,000 on the Sport only and that is a recent change. They started off with a 2,000 dollar owner loyalty and bumped it up to 3,000 dollars just a couple of weeks ago.
  • shimpshimp Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the great help I get on these forums.

Looking to Lease a RRSS and these are the numbers after a week of negotiations.

RRS Supercharged Loaded, rear entertainment. (dealer demo with 7K miles) - Quoted $66,000 24mo. 12K $1175. The money factor quoted was in the .003 range and 70% residual.

Just wondering if this is a good deal? :confuse:

Thanks SO much!!

jim
  • russellnyc212russellnyc212 Member Posts: 1
    Thought I would share my current deal I took on a RRS: Seems competetive:
    New 2008 RRS/Luxury
    10,500 Miles
    24 months
    $3150 Inception for a $799 monthly lease
    or $2500 down brings the pmt to $689
  • awedioawedio Member Posts: 57
    what other incentives are available on the '08 RR Sport?

I can't get the loyalty cash, since I currently don't own a Land or Range Rover
  • roverboyroverboy Member Posts: 26
    sounds reasonable, but I've never heard of an "inception fee." sounds more like a disguised down payment. So if you amortize that $3100 over 24 months that another $130 per month, effectively. So now your $799 per month quote is $930 per month. Add in the state tax (say, 7.5%) and now your looking at $1000 per month payment. Still a good deal, but I'll say it before and I'll say it again: the dealers will try to screw you every way they can. Be careful, those ads in the paper for monthly lease prices are deceiving, as shown above. let us know if you close the deal.
    what is the official invoice price for a base '08 RRS HSE with msrp of $58,500?
    The sales manager at a dealership in SoCal is trying to tell me his invoice is $55,300?
  • user124user124 Member Posts: 5
    RussellNYC-- Are you a returning LR owner? Can you identify the dealer?

Also, I assume from your name that the car was bought in NY. When you say $3150 "inception," I assume that is basically the up-front NY sales tax, first month payment, and the usual nickle and diming (acquisition fee, DMV fe, etc), not any capital cost reduction?

I am being quoted similar figures in NY, but that is after the $3000 returning LR owner incentive.
    Car_man,

what is the current Land Rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE?
    Hi awedio. Land Rover's second quarter lease program is scheduled to end this week. Its' 24 month, 15,000 mile per year money factor and residual value for the 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE were .00224 and 66%. I have not seen its new third quarter numbers yet, but I can give you an update with the new info if you post a reminder for me in a few days.

Car_man
    Host
    ok, will remind you in a few days!
    Car_man,

any updates on the 3rd qtr lease numbers?
    your website shows a mfg to dealer rebate of $4k, can that be applied to a lease?
  • bblackman1bblackman1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I have a few questions and am not sure if I am going in the right direction. I have never leased and or owned a Land Rover, but they seem very nice.

I have the following offer from the dealer and did not know if it was a good one or not. I have a feeling that it is high but they are the only dealer around the area so???

This is a 2008 Land Rover HSE with everything- Luxury, Entertainment, Chrome Everything for $94,500

L.E.V 61%
    residual 58090.30
    selling price
    Cash down $15,000
    24 month lease
    1106.58 monthly payment
    84.65 monthly tax
    1191.23 Total Payment

Total Down including tax 17,813.23

I told him I wanted the payment to be lower than 1200 per month, but I thought the down payment was a little high. Any help I can get would be great.

Thanks

B
  • bogi1bogi1 Member Posts: 7
    Hi there,

You're right, the DP seems really high. I believe that with a 15K DP, your payment should be a lot lower than that.

Bogi
  • roverduderoverdude Member Posts: 12
    Car_man,

what is the current Land Rover Capital Group's current residual and money factors are for a 24/30 month lease 15K of a 2008 RRS/RRSSC?
    Car_man,
    Can the 4000 factory to dealer cash be combined with the Land Rover capital lease MF @ 0.00165?
    Dealers I've spoken to, say it's one or the other, not both.

The Edmunds site shows it as a "no restriction" incentive
    Thanks for the reminder awedio. Land Rover's new third quarter 24 month, 15,000 mile per year money factor and residual value for the 2008 Range Rover Sport HSE are .00165 and 62%. The $4,000 dealer cash that Land Rover is currently providing on this truck cannot be used in conjunction with this lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi roverdude. Land rover Capital Group's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE with 15,000 miles per year are .00165 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Range Rover Sport SC are .00082 and 59%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey awedio. The $4,000 dealer cash cannot be combined with Land Rover's special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
    I am just about to sign a lease on a 2008 RR Sport HSE. With options, the car is a ~$60k vehicle. The deal I'm looking at is $2,500 drive off with payments of $733/month for 36months, with 12k miles per year. Should I take this deal, or has someone reading this found better/is the consensus that deals on '08 models will get better as we get closer to delivery of the '09s.
    does the 733 pmt incl tax?
    what state are you in?
    the 36 mo lease is a US Bank lease, MF = .00202
    12k miles = 48%, 15k = 47%
    don't forget to ask for the 6K cash!
    On my deal, I'm looking at 1000 over invoice (on the 59.5k msrp vehicle)
    jimmyj4,

that looks like a great deal!, are you in So Cal?
    yes, in so cal - $733 including tax. can anyone tell me more about the $6k mentioned???
    Thanks so much for the info! can you elaborate on the $6k cash? i'm getting minimal loyalty ($1k) on another lease return.
This discussion has been closed.