Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions

Comments

• jack1963jack1963 Member Posts: 15
    Am in Texas, being offered the following lease on a 2013 RX350 FWD with Navigation:
    MSRP: $49,790
    Sale Price: $46,000
    27-month, 67% residual, $2000 down plus additional $1000 rebate and tax credits
    MF: .0012
    Monthly payment: $563
    Does this sound like a decent deal or should I hold off?
    Thanks for any advice!
  • sham01skisham01ski Member Posts: 13
    In NJ got an AWD with Nav, premium with blindspot, comfort, pref pkg, park assist for 27 mos 10k/yr, 9MSD and sign and drive for 509 / month.
  • cupertinocupertino Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car_man,

We have a 2010 RX350 with 12k miles, lease ended 3/20/2013 that we are planning to return and get another RX350, just went through the RX350 New Vehicle pricing on Edmunds.com and the Invoice is 51,100, MSRP is 55,023

We would like get a 10k/year, 3 year or less, and have low monthly payment with low down.

Do you sell car ?
    Can you deliver to N. California ?
  • guruunoguruuno Member Posts: 23
    My accountant's wife has a 2011 Rx450h with less than 15k miles, and was not interested in a new one, and offered to allow me to buy from her for whatever the buyout is at the end of the lease this August instead of turning it in. My question is can I have Lexus (for a fee) perform some sort of 'certification' to extend any warranty, or what might be suggested and what might be the anticipated cost? The vehicle is flawless and I'd like to get it, most likely saving a considerable sum rather than once the dealer gets it, they make their tidy sum, but I would like to get the same warranty that they would offer. Am I dreaming or can this be done?
  • zzooioozzzzooioozz Member Posts: 9
    Hi carman can u please post April MF & residual for RX350 awd 10k 36 month? Thank you in advance!
  • guruunoguruuno Member Posts: 23
    What are the expectations of whomever is supposed to be the "Carman" or whoever monitors questions and answers here on this forum?
    It seems like it has slowly degraded without participation or involvement.
    Am I missing something?
  • latenitzlatenitz Member Posts: 1
    Hey carman, can you please provide the April money factor and residual for 2013 RX350 FWD, 12K miles/yr, 36 months, premium/comfort/navigation. Found a sweet low mileage 2010 CPO with all options for $32.9K and wondering if I should buy or lease new......
  • ajb723ajb723 Member Posts: 61
    My lease on a 2010 RX350 recently ended. I wanted to purchase the car- it was in excellent condition with only 19000 mi. The price was OK with me but the dealer wanted $600+ in "documentation/processing fees which I refused to pay. I contacted the leasing co. and was told I could do the registration by going to NJ DMV. Went there last week. Took 20 minutes and $124. Learned a lesson!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi sham01ski. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00075 and 69% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier in most areas (there is some regional variation).

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00075 and 59%.

Lexus is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through LFS. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi cupertino. I don't sell cars. I'm just an employee of Edmunds who helps consumers like yourself. If you have any questions about leasing a new RX, please ask away.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    Lexus dealer offered me at invoice price: $46651 ( after $1000 loyalty discount ) for a 2013 RX350, AWD with packages that has MSRP of $51,000.
    Another independent private dealer is offering me $44000 for the same spec of car that is 3651 off invoice.

Is this possible ?
    Hey zzooioozz. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00075 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers in most areas (there is some regional variation).

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
    edited April 2013
    Hi guruuno. I'm here. I'm on almost every business day. I go through the discussions alphabetically trying to help as many consumers as possible. I cannot reply to every single post in every discussion, but I try to help as many people as I can. I respond to questions about leasing any any questions specifically directed towards me first.

This is actually the "Lexus RX 350 / RX 450h Lease Questions" discussion. If you have a question about an RX 350 that does not pertain to leasing a new one, you will probably have better luck finding an answer to your question over in one of the non-leasing discussions:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.eea6a05/

I do not personally keep tabs on the certification cost for Certified Pre-Owned vehicles. Sorry that I could be of more help for your specific situation.

I hope that you have a great day :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Hwy latenitz. Lexus Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00075 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier in most regions (the program does vary somewhat by area).

There is a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Good for you ajb723. Six hundred bucks is a pretty steep charge. The DMV's no picnic, but I'd go there for five bills :) . Thanks for sharing.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, you snuck one in the middle of one of my posting frenzies, cupertino. I'm glad that I noticed.

What do you mean by an "independent private dealer"? Is it a Lexus dealership? I don't see how a Lexus dealer could sell an RX 350 at more than $3,500 under invoice. If I was in the market for one right now in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 or so over invoice minus the $1,000 cash incentive plus the use of the buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Sham01ski

What is 9MSD ?
    Did you had to put anything down ?
  • joenyc111joenyc111 Member Posts: 28
    Hi CarMan,

I got this offer from two places:

2013 RX350 AWD MSRP $49,915
    10,000 miles a year
    33 months
    Total Out of Pocket Down Payment $1,550
    Monthly 33 month payment of $525 inclusive of tax (our sales tax in NJ is 7%)

How good or terrible is this deal?

Thank you,
    Hi joenyc111. Do you happen to know what this truck's selling price is? That figure would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • jerrycanjerrycan Member Posts: 7
    HI- I had a somewhat similar deal in North Jersey for an AWD listed for $47325. $1600 out $510 a month -33 months w/15k miles a year. It looks like you have the one with navigation. After looking at the numbers and talking to another dealer after taking the car (residual and reading comments on this site) - I should have been around $490.
  • marie6809marie6809 Member Posts: 1
    Dealer says the 2013 is loaded awd, navigation, no dvd at msrp $50,930,36 months, 18,000 miles. I'm currently trading an '08 which after pay off leaves about 2500. I'm not adding anything else to the deal. What should I negotiate for this deal or expect to pay monthly on this deal? I'm in Charlotte NC. I need to know what is a reasonable offer on the price of vehicle and what would be the monthly pmt amt?
  • oldgatoroldgator Member Posts: 2
    Greetings:

The most recent info I found on the forum for money factor and residual rate for the RX 450h are from November 2012.

Do you have the current numbers?

Thanks for your help, this forum provides a terrific service.
  • lauralewis543lauralewis543 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Yall!

I just got quoted the following price. Is it a good price?

2013 Lexus RX 350
    33 Month
    10K miles a year
    Navigation and Blind Spot Monitor
    $600 a month
    $1630 down

Please let me know what you thin.

Thanks,
    Laura
  • lauralewis543lauralewis543 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Hi Carman

I just got quoted the following price. Is it a good price?

2013 Lexus RX 350
    33 Month
    10K miles a year
    Navigation and Blind Spot Monitor
    $600 a month
    $1630 down

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Laura
  • robrtgolfrobrtgolf Member Posts: 15
    Hello Carman,

Can you please tell me the April MF and residual for a 24 month lease with 12K per year for the RX 350 and RX 350 AWD.

Also, are there any incentives for the RX?

Thanks,

RM
    Hi oldgator. Lexus financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor for the 2013 RX 450h is .00075 for consumers who qualify for its top aka Tier 1+ credit tier.

The residual value for a 36-month lease of this truck with 15,000 miles per year is 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi robrtgolf. Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00075 and 68% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

The numbers for the AWD model are the same.

Lexus is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • roho1roho1 Member Posts: 318
    I just received a post card from my local Lexus dealer with a spring sales event.

They are quoting a 2013 RX350, 24m, 10k mi, msrp $43050 for $269/month!

How can they do that?

They are also quoting an ES350=$299 and GS350=$449

When I leased mine I never saw an RX that was below $46000 on the lot and there were over 50. Has Lexus produced a strippo model lately?

I'm not happy since my payment is almost twice.
  • johnt53johnt53 Member Posts: 3
    What Lexus dealer sent this to you?

Thanks,
    Lexus of Clearwater, Fl which is under the Autoway umbrella.

I thought these type of ads were illegal, apparently not in Florida.
  • jalilijalili Member Posts: 16
    You left out an important fact, how much is the drive-off. You can get a RX for $5 a month if you pre-pay enough.
    Do you really think they going to give that information in sales flyer?

They low ball a payment and when you show up at the dealership they tell you they just sold the last one at that price but we have these that are a little bit more.
  • detcardetcar Member Posts: 5
    carman,

do you know how the .0075 and 54% changes if the lease is 36 mo 12k miles? how about 48 month 12k miles? what "extra" should I ask for if we've already got another 450h leased via LFS sitting in our garage??

thanks!
    carman,

I'm thinking about putting a large cap reduction on my rx lease and I'm afraid I don't understand the potential for loss of my large pay down.

lets say the car is 50k and the cap red I give at sale = total depreciation of about 20k, leaving a monthly pmt of say $50. if I total the car the day I get it then I owe Lexus my 30k residual plus 48 months*$50 = $32400 plus I paid them 20k up front. I will have spent a total of 52400. the insurance check to me will be for, say, $45000 for th 1 day old car, and the gap coverage in my remaining lease will cover the 2400 that I still owe. so at the end of the day it looks to me like I'm out 52400 - 2400 - 45000 = 5k not 20k if I total it on day 1.

nobody wants to lose 5k but it's better than 20k plus with the big reduction I get the benefits of less tax, easier way out of the lease, savings on the rental fee part of the lease, and a monthly pmt that is sustainable in case of unemployment.

I'm sure there's a flaw in my analysis somewhere. what m I missing???

thx!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,191
    When you put the $20K cap reduction down, the payoff of the lease is the original CAP cost minus the $20K....

So, the payoff on the car isn't $2400, its more like $30K ($50K cap minus $20K downpayment)....

So, the insurance company gives the bank $30K and gives you the other $15K (totaling the $45K value), and you are out about $5K for driving the car a couple of days...

GAP insurance never comes into play... GAP is only there to pay the lessor, if the value of the car is less than the payoff....

To use the other scenario... if you made ZERO cap cost reduction.. The payoff on the vehicle is $50K..... the insurance company pays the lessor $45K and GAP insurance pays the lessor the other $5K, and you are out nothing extra...

Hope that helps..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hi detcar. The money factor for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

The numbers for a 48-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of a 2013 RX450h would be .00075 and 45% for top tier customers.

Lexus is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck to all customers. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the selling price of your vehicle. I am not aware of any additional special incentives on this model for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi everyone. Sound the trumpets...the first ever Edmunds.com Forums user survey is here. If you have a few seconds please click on the following link and fill it out:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/EdmundsForums

Thanks. Have a great day!

Car_man
    Host
    thanks so much! would it be of any interest for your "records" to know that my offer (that I declined!) was 36 months, 56% and .002 basically at "tmv" price and a trade in offer at 48% of black book value. when I asked for th 48 month residual, the sales mgr said " I'm not sure "!!!!!
    You're very welcome detcar. Thanks for the real world example, even if you did turn it down. They're always useful.

Car_man
    Host
  • kingsleylkingsleyl Member Posts: 1
    This site has been very helpful.

I just leased a RX 350 AW for
    msrp 49,915 Selling price 44,415 + 1500 Rebate ($7000 off)
    NJ Tri country Lexus

My lease term is

27 month
    10,000 K miles
    485/month
    1150 with First month payment, Title, reg , doc included

I contact the dealer from their website. They sent me spec sheet, price quote.
    And the internet depart made the purchase super easy and smooth.

No tricks.
    well, great updat... you have been very helpful in this carman! after I rejected the offer in the above post, new offer 3 hrs before closing on last day of month: rx450h msrp 55743 for 52034.68 at .00075 and 45% residual for 48 months with $1650 cash credit at closing. put 20k down(sorry! that's just my style!) and now have a tax inclusive monthly of 210.04

totally satisfied... the residual number and MF were critical in this... they didn't even blink when I put it on the response bid!
  • oldgatoroldgator Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help, Car man. I was wanting to comaore to RX350. We'll stick with the RX350, will send along details of my deal when finalized.
  • norcal94010norcal94010 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get your GS350 from? Putnam, Pleasanton or somewhere else? Which rep (first name only)?
  • stanleetstanleet Member Posts: 2
    Hey Car man,

Do you have May residual and MF numbers for a 2013 RX350 FWD (36 mo/12k mi.) in Southern California? I was close to a deal, but now the dealer is telling me that the MF went up to 0.00125 in May, which is a huge jump from the 0.00075 last month. Not sure if he's marked it up or if it really has jumped.

Thanks!
    Hi Car man,

Do Lexus dealer have different money factor ?
    It is legal to offer higher money factor ?
  • starbuck23starbuck23 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

Looking to lease 2013 Rx 450h next week. Want the bigger wheels and led lights. Can you help me with what price I should try to get the car for and what residual value and mf I should try to get. Went in this week and they quoted me, without led lights and bigger wheels, 55,490 Sales Price with a residual of 57% 31,629.30. 5,000 down payment was 754.11. 10k down payment was 603.05. No money down payment was 907.25 Also, would give me a 1,500 rebate. Upfront charges 181.00, total cap reduction - 411.75. Didn't ask what the mf was. Looking at a 3yr lease, 10k miles a yr.

Thank you so much for your help,
    Lee
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    The Lexus RX350 deals are almost back to where they were in September. I think the only cheaper 1 I had done for someone was about $425 per month. Make note that the national ad for this car by LFS is on a non Navigation car MSRP of $46,800, 10,000 miles per year with a due at signing of $3,439 plus fees, taxes and dealer charges. What are dealer charges? Be an educated buyer and shop thoroughly!

CUSTOMER DISCLOSURE
    Customer Name: Inside Car Buying, LLC WD Deal ID: 451053
    Sale Vehicle: New 2013 LEXUS RX 350 AWD 9424 4dr Wgn w/AC , Automatic , Odom: 0

Payment Details
    Term 27
    Base Payment 446.67
    Total Payment 446.67
    Purchase Option 32,943.90
    MSRP 49,915.00
    Est. Miles Per Year 12,000
    Excess Mileage Charge 0.25

Amount Due at Signing

1st Month Payment 446.67
    Acquisition Fee 700.00
    Fees & Insurance 375.00
    Upfront Taxes 1,057.21
    Total Inception Fees 2,578.88
    Rebate as Cap Reduction 1,500.00
    Total Drive Off 4,078.88

Total Cash Required on Delivery 2,578.88

Tax Information
    Customer State: New York Customer County: WESTCHESTER
    Type Amount Rate Paid
    Cashdown Tax 167.78 7.3750 Upfront
    Upfront Tax 889.43 7.3750 Upfront

Fee Information
    Description Amount Paid
    Reg 277.50 Upfront
    Insp 10.00 Upfront
    Title 12.50 Upfront
    DocFee 75.00 Upfront
    Hi Kingsley;

Do you know if they will ship it over to California ?
  • beachlady80beachlady80 Member Posts: 5
    What is the May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36, 39, 48-month lease of a 2013 RX 350 with 15,000 miles per year ?

What payments are people getting?
    Ready to sign, just want to hear from you guys, is this ok ?

3 yr / 30K miles Lease deal

MSRP 50,675.00
    Residual @ 59%, 29898.25
    MF 0.0011 *2400 = 2.64%
    Sale price 46135.00
    Rebate -1500.00
    Final Sale price 44635.00

Down 500.00
    Monthly Payment 577.82

3yr total Payment 20801.52
This discussion has been closed.