Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz E-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• dl8468dl8468 Member Posts: 2
    2011 E350 Black/Black P1 Package, AMG, and Panoramic for a 33 month lease and 10k per year.

Got a dealer down to:

$0 down
    $589 including taxes

Can I do better or pull the trigger???
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Carman,
    Can you please provide the base rate MF and RV for both 2011 E350 and 2011 E350 4MATIC under the following lease scenarios?

1. 36 months, 10K miles per year
    2. 36 months, 12K miles per year

And as an existing Mercedes owner, are there any incentives (e.g., loyalty cash, Conquest cash, etc.) being offered?

Cheers!
  • zep4zep4 Member Posts: 1
    2011 E350W new lease : ASKING FOR $548 + tax
    -MSRP: 56025
    - Selling price: 48391 + 499(doc fee) + 1095(acquisition fee) = 49985.00
    - Down: 3500
    - Residual: 0.65%
    - MF: 0.00265
    - 33 months with 12K miles/year

Friends what am I missing here, why is the residual so high and what is the typical residual for this.
    - is the residual calculated on the MSRP or the selling price.
    This deal shows that the 3 year buying price would be 58K..

Help and suggestions
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Residual is calculated on MSRP..

You want a high residual.... because, it results in a lower payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• shawn757shawn757 Member Posts: 204
    I am not sure about the 33 month residual I am sure it's correct since the dealer can't mark it up or down. The mF is marked up. It should be .00240 or 0.00200 for super tier auto pay. It could be lower but I don't know. Anyway thats what was told to me by the dealer. $1095(acquisition fee) is marked up by $300.499(doc fee) seems high also.
  • gpd219gpd219 Member Posts: 3
    This is what I just got...

MSRP 57,515
    Sale 50,450
    33 months 12K miles
    $580.00

Residual 65% MF .0021

Out of pocket:
    VA Tax 1611
    1st month 580
    Doc Fee 385
    Aquisition 795
    Registration 62

Any thoughts?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Here you go shawn757. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 E350 Bluetec with 15,000 miles per year is 75%. Its 36 month residual value is 61%. Its 42 month residual is 58%.

Mercedes is not currently providing any lease money factor support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease this car through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factors. These factors vary by region, but they should be around .00250 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi wmdeck. Mercedes-Benz Financial's June residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 E350 4Matic Sedan with 15,000 miles per year is 56%.

I don't believe that MB Finance is currently providing any lease money factor support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through it right now you would have to use its standard lease money factors. These factors vary by region. the last time that I checked, its standard factor for Tier 1 customers was around .00250.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello dewarsandsoda. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00240 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 E350 4Matic are the same.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year these residual values would be 1% higher.

In addition to $1,500 loyalty cash, Mercedes is providing dealers with a certain number of special certificates that are worth thousands in additional discounts on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • mankumanku Member Posts: 76
    Mostly true...however, if you comparing cars, you always want the lowest money factor (interest rate) possible.

For example, I was comparing the A4 Avant vs. 328xi wagon...while the payments were very similar, the bmw had a much higher residual/money factor vs audi lower residual/interest rate. Same monthly for similar MSRP.

If you keep the cars till maturity, they are a wash...however, if you want to get rid of the car earlier, then the lower residual works much better.

Also, I always advocate ZERO drive off leases...reason being, if your car is stolen/totaled in the first month (or even year), you won't be out registration/aquistion fee/down payment...even first payment. Worth it to pay a few bucks extra interest, IMO. As an example, you drive off lot and car is stolen. With ZERO drive off, you are only out your insurance deductible. With money down, you are out that (for CA driver, first month/registration/aquisition = $1500+for any luxury car minimum) PLUS deductible. Heck, if you drive your car for 30 days, gets totaled, and your deductible is $500, you might even MAKE money! (though of course your premiums will increase!)
  • davejhdavejh Member Posts: 5
    Hi Carman:

Besides the Conquest of $4000 on the 2011 E class, what are the other less commonly known incentives that I might be missing. Customer Advocacy Program for $2600? $1500 certificates? $1500 Loyalty rebates? Can they all be combined? Are any one of them expired already? Please correct me if the information I got is wrong.

Also, what is the residual on a E350 with a 12000 miles per year lease for 33 months?

Thank You,
    Dave
  • drejw2drejw2 Member Posts: 3
    I am returning my 2009 clk 350 leased car and picking up a E350 convertible. After research, I found out I am looking for something around $57,500. The car I am returning qualifies for early return and has only 20K miles on it and residual is $30K. Just in case I don't get a good deal I am tempted to just purchase it.
    What will my monthly payment be for a 10K, 36 months lease?
    How do you calculate residual and what is the money factor on it?
    Thank you for your help.
  • luvmbluvmb Member Posts: 1
    Hi shaggykenobi

The deal you got sounds great. I was wondering where u purchased the car n name of the sales person.

Thanks
    Hi Dave. I believe that the Customer Advocacy allowance on the E350 is currently $1,900. As you mentioned the loyalty cash is $1,500. I'm not sure if these offers can be combined, but I suspect that they can be.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2011 E350 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year is 65%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi drejw2. This car's monthly payment will depend upon what its selling price is. A 36-month, 10,000 mile per year lease on a 2011 E350 Convertible that has an MSRP of $57,500 would be $779 before tax with a $1,000 discount. This would drop to $750 with a $2,000 discount and $721 with a $3,000 discount.

I used a money factor of .00134 and a residual value of 57% to calculate these payments.

Car_man
    Host
  • rawbombrawbomb Member Posts: 22
    Hi Carman
    I was just offered an e350 sedan premium 1 at an msrp of 54,995. The selling price they offered me was 46,709 with a monthly payment of 464 plus tax at 33 months. Is this a good deal or should i hold out for more? They are giving me the 4k conquest from owning a bmw.
  • driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36
    That looks like a pretty good deal. However, what is your mileage per year and how much are they requiring out of pocket? Also, what state?
  • rawbombrawbomb Member Posts: 22
    1k out of pocket and 10k miles per year.

Car_man could you provide me with the mf and residual on this term. I was given a residual of 66% but don't have the money factor.
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Carman,
    I am in Syracuse NY. I want to lease an 2011 e350 4matic with MSRP $58,390 & just the minimum drive off with 10k per year for my father. I don't know what is the best term to lease the car is it 33 months? What is the CSR advocacy program? I have an Infiniti vehicle now. What is the residual and money factor to use on the e350 4matic? Is it realistic to shoot for $9500 off MSRP? Thank you very much for your help. :)
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    Carman,

I was wondering if you could tell me what the lease payment should be on an E350 with the following -

E350 P2 Pkg

MSRP 57450

Selling Price $48,150

33 Months, 10k miles

Base Money Factor

Let me know if you need more details
  • mariasmarias Member Posts: 15
    What are the MF and Residual on a 2012 E350 convertible, MSRP is $72,205. With USAA incentive I am getting it for $500 below invoice.

$5,000 down ($1095 acquisition fee, $589 bank fee, first months payment and $2,000 cash cap reduction)

Salesman says I am Tier1a for MB financing.
    edited July 2011
    Hi rawbomb. This looks like a pretty good deal to me. I personally wouldn't have any problem with paying $464 for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi nacho2. I believe that Mercedes is pushing 33 month leases on this car right now.

The advocacy program that you mentioned provides Mercedes dealers with a limited number of certificates that they can use to sweeten deals. I believe that the exact allowance provided through this program on the E350 sedan is $1,900.

$9,500 off of MSRP is a pretty aggressive price, but give it a shot you don't have anything to lose by trying.

Mercedes-Benz Financial's current 36 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2011 E350 Sedan 4Matic with 10,000 miles per year are 54% and whatever MBF's standard money factor is in your area...likely around .00240 for Tier 1 customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello bderush. I need to double check how MB's 33 month lease program works, it's an unusual term, but I believe that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $517 for a 33 month, 10k lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow, $500 under invoice is a great selling price for a car that just came out. I'll have to see if I can find out what this car's residual value is for you, but I know that Mercedes is not providing any lease support on it yet. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial right now, you would have to use its standard lease program. I believe that its standard money factors vary by region, but should be around .00240 for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1 credit tier.

BTW, the acquisition fee that you mentioned is being marked up. Mercedes-Benz Financial's base fee is only $795. Furthermore, the terms "bank fee" and "acquisition fee" are synonyms. The $589 may be some sort of doc fee that the dealer is trying to pad your deal with as well. If so, these two items put your car's selling price at essentially $389 over invoice rather than $500 under...which is still a good price.

Car_man
    Host
  • bderushbderush Member Posts: 24
    Carman,

I received this offer today-

E350 56495 Sticker

$48495 Selling Prices

33 Months 65% residual

000.240 Money Factor

Payment came out to 561 plus tax w 2283 drive off

What am I missing here?
  • hsg123hsg123 Member Posts: 2
    So what is the autopay MF? I've seen anywhere from .002-.0023 on this forum. Local dealership told me .0023, but I've seen lower on this forum. Is it regional? Any help is much appreciated.
    Thank you very much for your help, my father passed on the car I may get an e350 now in los angeles. Thank you.
    Rawbomb,where are you located?
    Just signed A E350 bluetec including the conquest $4000 $10000 off of MSRP.
    $62335 msrp
    $52335 SELLING PRICE
    0.00230 AUTOPAY
    $494.00 A MONTH including tax for 24 month 15K miles a year.

Payment went up to $520 as I rolled in the mantainance on the payment. The autopay is 0.00200 another dealer told me. But this dealer insisted that it's 0.00230. I don't know who is correct. He said Mb WILL adjust it to 0.002 if they made a mistake. I don't know if there is any truth to that. Anyway it's great on millage I got 33.7 mpg for 65 miles. I hope it will be better later when the engine is fully broken in
  • seankseank Member Posts: 3
  • seankseank Member Posts: 3
    Carman,

I have a written proposal as follows on an E350, P1, sedan:

24 mos/20k lease
    Msrp 57,515
    Invoice: 53,550

Cap cost: 49,850
    Mf: .00250
    Payment: 819
    Drive away: 2,293.70

Does all of this seem like a deal to do?

Many thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    Great monthly payment! How much due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Shawn, congrats on the car :shades: . How much did you put down on the lease? I reside in Los Angeles. Thank you.
    Minimum drive off of $1828.14. $795 bank fee, dmv, first month payment and other fees.
    I am sure any dealer can give you a deal other than Fletcher Jones. They are dishonest. Tried to tell me the conquest cash is $2000 when it's $4000. I told the MB told me it's $4000 and tey even tried to tell me that representative is mistaken. Allthe other dealers I dealt with was honest about the $4000. Fletcher Jones finaally told me that they earned their conquest coupons by being a volume dealer and they don't want to give it away like that. Then why do they say MB was mistaken? Worst dealership I have ever dealt with.
  • alexandervalexanderv Member Posts: 24
    That is a great deal Shawn757! Where are you located? Could you share the name of the dealership?
  • spuri1spuri1 Member Posts: 3
    Hey All,

I have used the Edmunds forums quite a few times in the past and find it very informative and helpful. So i wanted to post the lease deal i just got this past weekend.

2011 E350 - Black on black(MB Tex) with Premium 1 package and Parktronic

MSRP: 55,925
    Selling Price: 48,190

Down payment: $3500 (Had equity in my leased Audi so i sold it to Carmax - $2300 +1200 out of pocket)

Terms: 24 mo with 7500 miles per year (I put very little miles on my cars per year)

Monthly payment: $509 (including taxes)

Got the deal from Mercedes Benz Torrance. Mercedes Benz Laguna Niguel was willing to the same deal. Torrance was around the corner from me so i went there. Both sales people were excellent. Email me if you want to know sales person names.

Hope this helps! Bob
    Hello Shawn,
    Thanks for the information and guidance. Much appreciated. Will check out the car this weekend. Again, congrats on your new vehicle. :shades:
    I am in LA county. The dealership is House of imports. They did not have the car but got the car from another dealer and still gave me $10K off. I can also recommend encino and South bay even though South bay said that they ran out of the conquest coupons for July and backed out of the deal.
    Thanks. There are not much Bluetechs left now I think. South bay has 5 and fletcher jones has like 9 but don't expect a deal from FJ. They say the bluetech is a hot car and won't give much off even though they tell you lies to get you down there. Thats what happend to me. :mad:
    edited August 2011
    That's kind of funny actually. I had a different experience with them. I'm in L.A. too. I visited that dealer a couple of days ago. The initial discount they offerred me was $6750. When I started to walk, they followed me into the parking lot with an offer of $9k off of the selling price for the lease, and a warning that the conquest cash ends that day. (Oh, the drama!) I had already decided that I would not go for less than $10k off, so I walked. Even with the $9k, their number were screwy at $583/mo. They must have already had a good month by the time I visited them.
    Which dealer is this South Bay or FJ?
    I visited House of Imports in Buena Park on monday. I have not spoken with South Bay or FJ yet. I probably wont even bother with FJ based on posts in this forum and others.
    I dealt with the Internet department. He was also giving me $8500 off initially but then I told him I got offers from South bay with $10K off he said he got approval from the GM and gave me the deal
    Hi bderush. The money factor and selling price that you were quoted for this car look great. The payment works out, too. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi seank. A selling price of $3,700 below dealer invoice is excellent. The money factor that you were quoted looks about right as well. This deal is pretty expensive, payment-wise, because you're going with such a short lease and such a high mileage allowance though. If you can, you may want to consider going with a 30, 33, or 36 month lease. It would make your monthly payment a little better. Other than that, I personally don't see anything wrong with this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new E, spuri1. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. As I'm sure you know, real-world examples of leases like this are always helpful for others who are in the market for similar vehicles. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • gperrygperry Member Posts: 4
    Hello all, I am in the market for an E350 4matic w base type of package. What type of incentives are available to me? I am a current MB owner(GL). I of course want the lowest possible payment and 36 months w 10k or 12k miles. Can anyone give me a ballpark of a price I should shoot for?
    Thanks for your help.
  • gperrygperry Member Posts: 4
    The two cars I am looking at are 2011 E350 4matic sticker 56,745 and a ML class sticker 56,045. What do Think I can get either one of these for? Any incentives? Current GL owner
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.